It Had Happened

Story Info
Couple comes to a fork in the road.
2k words
3.05
93.6k
10
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
spence5969
spence5969
84 Followers

It had happened. But after all the initial sexual excitement of it all, I realized I had some serious misgivings about it. I think it was this initial reaction on my part which dampened this area of our sex lives for years to come. My wife had been on a visit back to her family home in L.A., and had finally had sex with a guy she had gone out with for years prior to us getting married. At first the whole idea of it had excited both of us, me more than her. And as we spoke about it possibly happening, she began to warm up to the idea more and more. Possibly as a result of her realizing that I seemed to be okay with the idea.

But to be honest, I never thought she'd actually go through with it. I mean, I thought she'd meet him, flirt, perhaps even kiss, but I never deep down thought she would go beyond that barrier. Yet she did. And she enjoyed it. So did I. At least I had while she was telling me about it. Very exciting, perhaps too much so.

She followed up that initial assignation with plans to spend the following weekend with him in San Diego, prior to returning back home. We discussed it for a few days, and the more excited she got, the more misgivings I began to have about the whole thing. There were ramifications I never considered beyond the whole sensuality/excitement aspect of it. As our conversations continued over the week, I kept trying to focus on the sex side of the issue, but I'm sure my tone became more and more uncertain as the week progressed. At least my wife, Bridget seemed to pick up on something, for she became tentative about the weekend as well. By the day before she was supposed to get on the train down to San Diego, I had asked her not to go.

The positions were now reversed. Whereas in the beginning of all this, I had been the one more in favor of it happening. Now, it was her turn to say that she had been looking forward to the weekend, that it was just the excitement, that it wouldn't affect us. Ah, how the worm turns. I reluctantly agreed.

As I waited for her call on Sunday night, to tell me all about her trip, rather than the sexual anticipation which had been rampant in my body the entire previous weekend, there was only trepidation. Well, that's not entirely true, there was still a part of me which couldn't wait to hear all the details, but the fear far outweighed any pleasure.

So the call came. She hadn't gone to see him. She had merely gone away with her sister for the weekend. And no, nothing had happened. Part of me was so relieved. Yet part of me remained disappointed. We spoke about what happened in Los Angeles over the next two years, using it to increase our arousal, but neither one ever suggested we take it beyond the fantasy stage again. But it did arouse both of us.

Bridget was involved theater over the years. And had been part of this one theater company for a couple of years, when they started to open their own theater space. I had been to one or two of their parties, and had watched several scenes and plays over the course of the year, so I was familiar with many of the theater company's members. I knew there was this one guy who Bridget found (as did many other women) simply drop dead gorgeous. His name was Rich. About 6' 2" tall, dark hair and eyes, great body. He and Bridget had done several scenes together, and they were always getting together to rehearse, or read lines, or sometimes simply to go to the gym together and work out.

They became friends, and at times I wondered if something more, but Bridge ensured me that Rich was too skittish, too shy. Which was part of what attracted women to him.

Anyway, it came to pass that her theater company was throwing a benefit at their new digs this one January weekend. Bridget looked great (as usual) in this long gown made of some clingy cottony fabric. While long, it hugged every curve, accentuating her assets. It had a long, wide slit up the left leg, stopping only several inches below her hip, and the neckline was a wide V, plunging between her breasts. She looked incredibly edible. Little did I know then, that it would be this night which would change the course of our lives forever.

When we arrived at the party, it was already in full swing. We did the obligatory rounds of hellos, and ended up by the bar, sipping our wine. About an hour went by (and several glasses of wine), and I noticed that Bridge kept keeping track of where Rich was. Who, for the most part, was by himself. He was that odd combination of extreme good looks and yet an earnest shyness (probably born of him not being considered as good looking when he was growing up).

I commented on his being alone to Bridge, who mentioned that she felt bad for him. I asked her if she wanted to ask him to dance. She seemed surprised, "You really wouldn't mind?"

"Should I?"

"Of course not", she replied, as she shielded my body with hers from the rest of the people there, and slid her hand over my crotch. "Hmmm. Is that for later?"

"Of course", I said, smiling.

"Does it turn you on to think of me dancing with him?"

"You know it does."

"Then I'll have to turn you on some more."

With that, she sauntered across the floor and began talking to Rich. I could tell she was asking him to dance, but he was reluctant. Finally the song changed to the B-52's "Love Shack", and she practically dragged him onto the floor. Once out there, I could understand his reluctance. No rhythm whatsoever. He fumbled through the first song, as Bridget became the center of attention, putting on quite a show. I don't think this helped his dancing ability at all, as he was trying to keep from staring down the front of her dress.

As the song ended, they stood there awkwardly for a moment, then a slow song began playing. Rich started to turn around to head back to his drink, but Bridget grabbed his hand, pulled him close and began slow dancing with him. I got instantly hard. Their bodies were pressed close, his hands on the small of her back, hers around his neck. Their faces were inches apart as they spoke during the dance. At some part, he began to rub small circles on her back, his hand slowly getting lower and lower, finally brushing her full ass through her dress.

At this point I only wanted the song to end, us to get out of there, and me get inside her as quickly as possible. It was so incredibly erotic. I was amazed at the total lack of jealousy that I felt. Only arousal. As the song ended, I expected her to take her leave and make her way back over to me, but as the next song started, they stayed on the dance floor. I wouldn't have believed it, but the arousal was even more heightened as they continued to dance slowly, even though a relatively fast song began to play.

I stood there fascinated. Unfortunately, the creative director of the theater company took that moment to corner me about lighting their upcoming play. As the discussion ensued, I lost track of Bridget and Rich on the dance floor. By the time I was able to gently disengage from the conversation, and only by agreeing to light his play, I couldn't spot them on the floor any more. I wandered about, trying to look for them without seeming to, and ended up by the bar. I grabbed another drink and meandered towards the windows. This put me in line with the door to the kitchen of the hall we were in. I stood there for a moment, and someone came out of the kitchen, swinging the door wide enough so that it stuck open.

What I saw brought my now semi-erect erection back to full attention. There was my wife sitting on the stainless counter of the kitchen, talk to Rich. Her legs were slightly spread, and the slit in the skirt had ridden very high on her hip. Her crotch was barely covered. Rich stood in between her legs, his legs touching each of hers. One of his hands was on her bare thigh, the other on her shoulder. Even at that distance, I could see her nipples were hard. And I knew from past experience, that Rich was getting an incredible view. It was an incredibly erotic tableau. The fact that they were obviously flirting only made it more so.

And here came that old jealousy again. And yet I was so aroused. I knew something had to give. I had a choice: either I could allow the jealousy to overpower me, cause a scene and ruin the evening, or I could just go with the flow. I also knew that the choice I made then, I had to stick with, no vacillating from one to the other. The easy choice would have been to let the jealousy rule. But probably at the ultimate ruin of our marriage.

Someone entered the kitchen then, closing the door behind them. What was I going to do? How would I react? I made up my mind. From that moment on, I subsumed the jealousy. Let the arousal sweep over me.

It wasn't long before Bridge re-appeared. We danced a few times, talked in small groups, but I never saw her glance again at Rich for the rest of the evening. As the night progressed, the party began to wind down. I was so turned on by the anticipation of discussing this with Bridge, that I knew I couldn't wait much longer. We managed to step outside into the brisk winter air of New York.

"I saw you and Rich", I began.

She laughed, "Everybody saw us. We were on the dance floor."

"After that. In the kitchen."

"Oh."

There was a long pause, neither of us willing to be the first one to speak. Finally she gave in, "Where were you? I didn't see you."

"At the windows. By the bar. The door swung open."

"Oh." Was all she could muster again. "What are you thinking?"

"I'm not upset, if that's what you mean."

"I mean, 'what are you thinking'?"

I looked deep in her eyes, reached out and began to caress her hard nipple through her dress, "I'm thinking how incredibly erotic it was to watch the two of you like that."

"I'm sorry. It was just a little bit of innocent flirting..."

I cut her off. "I told you I'm not upset. Maybe I was a little, at first, but now I'm just aroused by the whole thing."

"You are?"

"Check for yourself", I said, looking down significantly at my crotch.

She caressed me there. "Mmmm. You're not kidding."

"And I think from now on this is the only reaction you're going to see."

"It really doesn't bother you."

I kissed her then, deeply, and for a long time.

We went back into the benefit for a short while, grabbing our coats and saying our goodbyes. As we made our way towards Rich, I made sure we got separated. As I said goodbye to someone else, I could watch the two of them. They spoke briefly, hugged, then he went to kiss her on the cheek, but at that last second she turned her head, so he got her lips instead. They kissed for a moment, no tongues, but not exactly a platonic kiss, either.

As she broke the kiss, she immediately turned towards me to see if I was looking. She smiled at me. I returned the smile. I wasn't sure where we were headed, I just knew that it would be down a different path than we had been traveling.

spence5969
spence5969
84 Followers