Kat & Gus Ch. 01

Story Info
A Happy Reunion at the Neighborhood Bar?
1.9k words
4.17
11.8k
3
1

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/10/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ehc217
ehc217
6 Followers

ALTHOUGH THE BAR was unusually busy for a Wednesday night, Kat and her closest friends had managed to snag a booth in the back corner. The reclaimed wood table was dimly lit by trendy Edison bulbs and completely out of the way -- the perfect place to talk about anything and everything, which is exactly what they had been doing for some time before Gus arrived. Ray had been telling them all about his newest boyfriend, an ex-underwear model who had the tendency to send dirty text messages at all the wrong moments, when Gus had unceremoniously arrived, remarking, "At least it's only text messages and not pictures that you're receiving at work! I've had some unsolicited photos really piss off my boss."

Everyone quickly scooted over to accommodate the newest member of the party, and Jett had practically pushed Kat out of the way in order to sit next to him. Now, almost two hours later, Jett and the gang were several pints in, as was evidenced by their raucous laughter and bawdy commentary; meanwhile, Kat was stone cold sober and begrudgingly listening to the conversation even though she couldn't quite manage to let herself join in.

So it was with a great deal of annoyance that she settled herself into the back corner of the booth. Her friends, normally bewitched by her sharp wit and acerbic intelligence, had quite forgotten her whilst Gus regaled them with stories of his most recent date with a professional bowler named Becca.

Honestly, Kat thought, he must make these stories up. None of this sounds plausible. He's such an insufferable blow hard.

Instead of laughing along with her dearest confidantes, she more firmly lodged herself between purses and overcoats and scarves, listening to the sordid tales of the immature Don Juan. Frowning a little to herself and fighting a growing sense of panic, Kat debated the trouble of having everyone move so she might use the toilet. Or get some air. Or jump off the nearest bridge. Quietly, she sighed to herself.

Almost as if he knew what she was thinking, Gus turned his steady gaze on her. "Are you alright over there, then, Kitty Kat?" he asked, flashing a lopsided smile in her direction. "Do you need anything? I'm just going to fetch another beer. Do you want one?"

His voice made Kat topple out of her reverie, and she found herself stumbling over a reply. She averted her eyes instead, incapable of looking at him, even briefly, and blushed crimson. Kat thought for a moment that she was always a little off-balance around Gus; her body craved his contact no matter how superficial. There was no doubt that he was the most good-looking man she knew. And there was no doubt that the two of them had explosive chemistry.

She remembered how, just earlier in the evening, when he had arrived at their table, he had gently brushed his hand down her arm in greeting. She had been mortified by how her body had responded. Goose pimples erupted beneath his fingers, at once she was chilled and over-heated, her mouth had gone dry, and she had felt herself involuntarily lean into him. Her body had primed itself for him after a silly brush of his fingers.

She blushed again at the recollection and looked up to find her gaze immediately held within his. He smiled at her, patiently waiting for an answer. "Actually," she responded, glancing around the table, "I'm desperate for the toilet. Does everyone mind moving?"

The whole table sprang into action; with no small amount of laughter and commotion, her friends shifted to facilitate Kat's exit. She slid along the bench, quickly moving so as not to disturb the whole party. When she reached the end, she grinned sheepishly at her closest friend, Audra, who winked knowingly at her in return and moved to stand. Reaching out to steady her ascent, she found her hand safely held by another's: warm, strong, and slightly calloused. A small gasp managed to escape her lips. Kat didn't need to look to see who supported her, but rather knew; how could she forget those extraordinary hands?

Gus continued to help her up and followed her as she crossed the bar.

"I know you don't have to use the bathroom," he said conspiratorially into her ear as she scanned the bar for the fastest route to the women's room.

Kat made a low sound of disapproval, flippantly asking, "And how do you know that, Gus?"

Her heart beat wildly in her chest; being alone with Gus was not a good idea. This is exactly what she needed to avoid. The longer she stayed with him, his warm breath on her neck, the more she imagined those strong, slightly calloused hands running over the length of her body until she begged him to do all sorts of wicked things.

I might beg him even if he doesn't touch me again, she thought.

No, Kat needed to find the bathroom to flee from him. She needed a minute to compose herself. She needed a moment of staring at herself in the mirror in order to remember that her friend, Jett, had been in love with Gus for five years and had consequently made him off-limits to everyone else, no matter what their feelings might be.

Gus laughed softly. The low rumbling made Kat's heart jump into her throat. "I've been watching you all night," he said. "I know you, Katie. I know you've been avoiding me, avoiding what happened between us, avoiding how you feel, and all the while trying not to hurt Jett... I know that you're disappointed that you're stuck in that corner, that I'm attracting the attention of Jett and Audra and Ray; I know you'd rather I wasn't here. But, Katie, I have to tell you that I'm honestly really happy to be here tonight. I won't apologize for it, whether or not I'm ruining it for you."

"Look," Kat hissed as she whirled around to face him, finding his face uncomfortably close to her own, "I've told you a million times that you aren't to call me Katie. I hate when you call me Katie! I'm not five years old, for heaven's sake!"

Kat's eyes flashed with anger. She stared purposefully at Gus, incapable of compromise, holding his stare with every bit of defiance she could muster. She would not back down to him!

And neither would he back down to her. "A million times?" he questioned sardonically, lifting his hand to her face, tracing the line of her cheek down to her jaw. Kat's fiery glare softened at the familiar gesture, and the golden flecks that seemed to ignite in her anger melted back into the smokey hazel of her eyes. Her lips parted as she struggled to remember why Gus was a bad idea.

"Please don't do this," she begged.

"Why not, Katie?" Gus asked as his hand trailed its way down her neck, across her collarbone, past her shoulder and down her arm. "I want you. You want me. And I can't get you out of my head. I have a feeling," he continued softly as his arm circled her waist, "that you can't get me out of your head, either."

Then, with intensity of purpose, his head bent towards her. He placed the gentlest of kisses on her lips. His mouth was warm, his lips soft, one hand rested on the small of her back while the other steadily stroked her arm, calming her. Gus pulled away slowly, fixing her with the hazy blue of his stare. Without really meaning to, Kat traced her hands up his torso and caught his shoulders, pulling him into her body for another kiss. Rising to her tip toes so she could have more control, Kat allowed all the passion she had been ignoring for months to build up and explode into this one perfect kiss.

Quickly, before she could change her mind, she skimmed one of her hands from Gus' shoulder into his hair, holding him fast to her. She parted her lips, darting her tongue out to tease his lower lip before capturing it gently between her teeth. It was all the invitation he needed, and Gus pulled Kat closer, crushing her mouth to his, assailing her mouth with his tongue. The hand that had been resting on her back slid lower, cupping her ass and pulling her hips into his. He needed her to feel how much he wanted her, how easily she affected him, the proof that whatever was between them wasn't over. In return, Kat pressed her breasts into his chest, arching her back in a seductively feline gesture, the hard pebbles of her nipples demanding his attention.

Whether they kissed like this for minutes or mere seconds, both sprang apart guiltily when they heard someone discreetly clear his throat. Kat stared in horror at Ray as he smiled at Gus. "Well," he laughed, "I was going to say earlier, Gus, that I'd love a quiet moment alone with you, but I'm foiled again by Kat. Seems our little miss prim and proper is actually quite the naughty girl."

Gus laughed amiably in response, glancing over to Kat who was frozen on the spot, a blush suffused over her face and neck, unable to look at the two men. "I'm sure there's a lot you don't know about Katie," he responded mischievously, "but I'll be sure to fill you in on all the interesting details once I've found them out."

It was all Kat could do to stop herself from screaming. Not again! This was just one more time Gus had overpowered her good sense with his charm and looks, turning her body traitor and having her betray a close friend. It was bad enough that one touch from Gus made her forget herself, but it also made her forget where she was. Had she really been climbing his body in the middle of the bar? Had she really forgotten that they were surrounded by neighbors and colleagues who were also enjoying happy hour? Would she find some evidence of this indiscretion on her newsfeed tomorrow? Heaven forbid if someone had taken a picture of it! Inwardly cursing herself, she took a few steps towards the door, then whirled around to face Ray and Gus.

"You," she spitted, pointing to Ray, "will keep your mouth shut. You did not see anything; more importantly, nothing happened. For once in your life, you will keep a secret." Then turning to Gus, she continued, "And you. I don't even know what to say to you except that this," she gestured her arms wildly around her, "all of this was a huge mistake. Again. And don't interrupt or argue -- you have nothing to say to me that I haven't already said to myself. Just know that I can't let anything further happen." Tears sprang into her eyes. She looked up at Gus and noticed the confusion written on his face, but there was something else too. Would he fight for her? Kat wouldn't allow herself such hope; she couldn't. Instead, she quickly crossed over to him, kissed him and then, while looking sadly into his eyes, smoothed his lips with her thumb. "I'm sorry," she said. "You can't begin to know how sorry I am." Then she walked out of the bar.

ehc217
ehc217
6 Followers