Life After Death Ch. 02

Story Info
The continuing story as Steve rebuilds his life
4.2k words
4.57
191.4k
73

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 09/05/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,296 Followers

I would like to thank Capshroud2000 for all his help in correcting my mistakes and making it flow. Chapter 3 is done and going through a final edit. When Chapter 2 is posted I will send in Chapter 3 so it stays in order. I hope you enjoy.

I woke up the next morning, somewhere around 6:00 am. I was sitting on the floor in my workout room leaning up against the wall next to my treadmill. I was still in my clothes from last night, but they were totally soaked with perspiration. My brain was still numb from yesterday's drama, but my hands were not. Red, cut, and swollen like ten little sausages they cried out for attention. I don't remember much from last six hours only that my nightmares were back and with a vengeance.

The painful sting from the ice water brought my body back to life and shocked my brain back to reality. For the next couple of hours I rotated from heat to cold and back again every twenty minutes to reduce the swelling and to get the blood flowing through my hands again. As I opened and closed my hands a couple of times, I was especially thankful nothing was broken and all the damage done was just superficial. However, I wouldn't be doing any heavy bag work in the foreseeable future.

"I know there had to be some of that ointment left I'd used on my wrists," I said as I looked through all the bathroom drawers and medicine cabinet finally finding a crumbled up tube. "Damn, there wasn't much left, maybe I could get another tube or two," I thought to myself as I inspected the damage, I'd inflicted upon myself. "Thank God it's Sunday. I can put my feet up and rest for the entire day, that is, if I didn't have any visitors."

I was shocked that it took nearly two weeks for them to find me. I wasn't hiding, but I wasn't seeking them out either.

"Steve Moore?" the policemen asked as I opened the door.

"Yes, I'm Steve Moore," I replied.

"There has been a formal complaint filed against you, and if you don't mind, we need to take you to the station and get your statement," the second one informed me.

What was I going to say? No?

"Give me a second to get my jacket, and I'll be right with you," I said leaving them in the doorway.

At the station we went round and round for the better part of two hours. Yes, I knew Dan; no, I didn't know the other two; Dan had started the whole ruckus in the club. I explained that once we went outside, the three had basically attacked me, so I was just defending myself. I told them that if they wanted witnesses, they should talk to the people at our table and the bouncers at the club.

Finally, they informed me that everyone in the club had backed up my story. Dan had started it, and some of the people outside had even seen the three of them pushing me into the alley.

"So what's the problem?"

"What's the problem?" he angrily spit back at me. "You almost killed one of them and the other one will be walking around on crutches for at least the next three months. That's the problem," he told me. "I guess you're some kind of Karate expert, but you didn't have to beat them like that."

"Look, I was afraid for my life. How did I know, that they didn't have a knife or gun. I just wanted to end it fast and get the hell out of there. That's all," I told them.

"Steve, don't give me that crap. You weren't protecting yourself. Hell, you taunted Dan until he threw the first punch. Then you savagely beat him to within an inch of his life. What was he to you? What the hell did he do to deserve that savage of a beating?" he asked.

"Something you'll never understand unless you were there. Now, unless you're going to charge me, I need to get home. It's late and I've got an early morning meeting tomorrow."

"Thanks for picking me up buddy," I told Nick as we left the police station.

"No problem, Steve. They say two weeks ago you beat two guys almost to death," he said stopping for a minute to face me.

"Not both guys, only one, and I don't want to talk about it. Ok?"

"Steve, it's just that this, along with the incident at the dojo, maybe you should talk to someone about your anger issues?"

"I don't have any anger issues, so can we just dropped it?" I said in a louder voice.

"Ok, ok, I'm just worried about you buddy," Nick said in a concerned voice.

"I know, but let's just drop the subject, it's been a long night."

"All right, but just don't disappear on me again," Nick said as he dropped me off at my condo entrance.

There were three more messages from Pam on my machine, and like all the others, I deleted them, but she never gave up.

For the first three weeks she called me five times a week. Then it dropped to three, then to two, and finally to one per week. She always called on Fridays.

"It's me, Pam, again," was the way she started every message. "It's the weekend, and I want to know if you are available tomorrow for dinner or just to talk. Call me. Oh, by the way, starting next month I won't be calling you on Fridays anymore. I'll be sitting on your doorstep ... just thought I'd give you fair warning. Well, that's all. Good night."

"This is one persistent girl," I said deleting her message. "She can't be serious, or could she?"

I went back to my old routine. I went to work, came home, ate, and worked out. That was what my life consisted of again. Nick called a couple of times, asking me to come over for dinner or to go out and catch a game, but I usually begged off.

I spent Thanksgiving with Nick and Lisa. However, I did e-mail them an advance list of the items we wouldn't be discussing. They knew it by heart, but I just wanted to make sure anyway. Like always, the dinner was tense with that two-ton elephant in the room no one wanted to talk about. I thanked them, and even though they offered, I took a cab home that night.

Pam's message the following day was short and to the point.

"Since I haven't heard from you, I guess I'll be camping out on your doorstep next week. Don't worry though; I'm bringing a pillow to sit on. See ya Friday."

"She wouldn't. No one is that persistent," I said to myself.

As I thought about it, I realized I would be happy to see her again. We had hit it off, and she was an amazing girl. I just didn't want my past brought up again, and I knew Pam wasn't going to take no for an answer.

The week dragged on, and by Thursday I was about ready to scream. Friday I was worthless. I sat at my desk, and did nothing but watch that damn clock.

"Big date tonight?' Ken said as he walked by my office about 4:00.

"What?" I answered.

"She must be one hell of a girl to throw the iceman off his game," he said with a laugh. "Get the hell out of here, you're worthless the way you are. Have a nice night, get laid and I'll see you back here bright and early Monday morning," he said walking away.

At 4:30 I called it a day. I waved to Ken on my way out to the garage to get my company car. I had started using it on weekends, when I knew the weather was going to be bad. I left the garage, and before I new it, I caught myself doing twenty miles per hour over the speed limit as I raced through the streets towards home.

"Easy guy, she's probably not even going to show tonight," I said to myself as I could feel my heart beating through my chest.

I eased up on the gas, and drove normally ... no use getting a speeding ticket or into an accident. Luckily I found a parking spot on the street less than a half a block down from my building entrance. She wasn't there yet.

For the next hour and a half I sat in the car and watched the entrance. I looked over a few proposals I brought with me. I made a bunch of calls on my cell phone and generally froze my damn ass off sitting in that cold car. And she never showed!

"Screw her," I said as I put my paperwork away and got out of my car. "She's just messing with my head," I said to myself as I ran across the street trying not to get hit. I checked my mailbox just inside the door and walked up two flights to my condo.

There sat Pam, on a pillow propped up against my door.

"Are you always this late? No on wonder you have no life," she said getting up off the floor. "If it wasn't for a little old lady, that took pity on me, I'd still be waiting for you outside on the front steps. Aren't you going to invite me in?" she said standing there holding what looked like a sofa pillow.

I think I smiled a little. Hell, I know I did as I opened the door and we stepped in.

"Do you have any coffee? I froze my butt off waiting for you. I don't think I could have lasted more than another half hour," she told me as she threw her jacket and pillow on one of the living room chairs while walking towards my kitchen.

"Give me a minute," I said as I hung up my coat and took off my tie. "Lead or unleaded?" I asked.

"I don't care which as long as it's hot," she said rubbing her arms.

"Well, I'm waiting," Pam, said now with her hands on her hips.

"Waiting for what?" I replied as I flipped on the coffee pot.

"An apology from you for being such as ass, for not returning my calls, and for leaving me with a million unanswered questions," she almost yelled at me. "My friends all wanted to know about the psycho guy I was dating. A guy who could be fun and humorous one minute, and the next put two guys in the hospital."

"It didn't happen quite like that," I told her. "And they got off easy."

"Easy? They took them to the hospital on stretchers," Pam shouted back at me.

"It could have just as easily been body bags," I replied.

"You really do have a lot of unresolved issues, and I thought I was a screwed up," Pam said giving me the evil eye. "Well, we can discuss those issues over dinner. What do have that's good?" she said looking at me. "You were planning on feeding me, weren't you?"

"Ok, ok, you win. What are you hungry for?" I asked.

"Anything but chicken. I saw a special once on how they kill chickens. I haven't been able to eat chicken since."

"Well then, how about some beef stir-fry, or seafood alfrado, or how about steak and peppers," I said looking at all the meals I had left in the freezer.

"You cooked all of these yourself?"

"Don't I wish? I buy them quick-frozen from Tony's down the street. I pick up six meals every Monday night, and when I get home late from work, I pop one in the microwave and presto, restaurant quality food."

"But you have such a beautiful kitchen. You don't cook at all?" she asked.

"Sometimes I go all out on weekends, especially if I have the time and it's more than just me," I told her.

"Well, let's start with the frozen meals tonight, and we can discuss breakfast later," she said downing the last swallow of her coffee before getting up for another cup.

I took the alfrado and Pam picked the stir-fry. She was impressed with my wine cooler even though it held only three different kinds of wine.

"Look, I buy what I like to drink. If I try something new and I like it, I buy two bottles and put them away for later," I told her.

We skirted the issue through most of dinner. "When are you going to tell me your life's story, so I can see how really screwed up you are," she asked.

Finally I began. "It's pretty simple. I met Carol while we were both going to the University of Minnesota. I was in business and she in hospital administration. My buddy's wife, Lisa, introduced us at a party, and two years later we were married. We had four and a half great years, and in year five it ended. Case closed," I told her.

"I've gotten more details from reading Cliff Notes," she said putting down her fork. "Details are like my mother left my dad one night, and never came back. I was eighteen months at the time. After that, I lived with my grandparents until they died. At age thirteen I moved back in with my dad and his girlfriend. That was until I turned eighteen. Then I got a full scholarship to the Minneapolis School of Art. I told you I was good. During my second year dear old dad was picked up for dealing drugs, and armed robbery. He's now doing ten to fifteen up state," she said getting another glass of wine.

"I then rented a room, and for the next two and a half years I struggled to make ends meet. I waited tables, did portraits, and modeled for some of the art classes. And yes, some of it was nude modeling," she said as my eyes lit up. "Get your mind out of the gutter. It was a damn art class ... no poles, sleazy lights or even tips. My first real job was teaching art in a Catholic High School, and that's where I met Rob.

"It was a short engagement, because I thought I had met my soul mate and didn't want to lose him. I thought he was the most caring and considerate man on earth. He took me everywhere, and was always there for me. I found out too late what a possessive asshole he really was."

"I hope I'm not boring you?" Pam said as she asked me what I had for dessert.

"I'm not a big one for sweets, but I do have a few brownies that Tony threw in with last weeks meals," I said going back to the freezer and pulling out a small package.

"Any ice cream?"

"Sorry," I told her.

"Remind me to go grocery shopping with you next time. You haven't a clue what normal people like to eat," she said heating up two in the microwave.

We moved into the living room with me on the chair and Pam on the couch.

"Now where was I? Oh, yea, asshole Rob. After a while, he told me whom I could and couldn't hang with. He hated most of my artsy friends, and I hated his loser buddies. Somehow I got pregnant, which came as a shock to both of us. By that time we were fighting most nights, and one of us was always sleeping on the couch. I thought with me being pregnant, it would bring us closer together, but it just drove us further apart. When I was almost three months along, I came home one night a little later than I normally did, and Rob was drunk. He accused me of cheating on him and said he didn't believe I was carrying his kid."

"Why did you stay with him?" I interrupted her. "If you were so unhappy, why didn't you just leave?"

"Cowards walk away. I was still trying to make it work," she told me. "You just don't book when things get tough. You sit down and work things out or at least try to anyway."

"Well, to continue, Rob was dunk, and I was getting angry. I figured I'd let him sleep it off and bunk with one of my girl friends for the night. I was just out the door, and on the landing, when I felt someone push me forward. That was the closest I ever came to flying."

"I woke up in the hospital the following morning. I was told that I'd had a miscarriage. I guess tumbling down two flights of stairs will do that to you. The police picked up Rob, and the idiot told them he was trying to kill the slut's baby because it wasn't his. I pressed charges just to make sure he stayed the hell away from me. I got a quick divorce, and he was convicted of attempted murder."

"So, Steve, you aren't the only one with a past that isn't a story book romance where they live happily ever after," she said red eyed.

It was quiet between us for the next couple of minutes. We had both finished our wine, and were wondering, what was next.

"Well, I need a shower before we go to bed," Pam announced standing up. "And since I didn't bring another change of clothes, I'm going to have to rummage through your stuff for something to wear. So get your butt in gear if you ever want to get me into bed tonight," she said with a smile. "I'll let you bare your soul tomorrow," she said taking the glasses to the kitchen sink.

I showed Pam the bathroom shower and said I'd have to get her a toothbrush from the other bathroom.

"Anything else you need? Mouth wash, dental floss, deodorant," I asked.

"You're a regular boy scout aren't you? That will work for tonight, I can always bring my own stuff next time, that is, if there is a next time," she said smiling, stepping into the shower.

Gabbing what we'd need for the rest of the night, I laid everything out on the counter while Pam was in the shower.

"I need my back washed, any takers out there?" she asked.

Soap in hand I stepped in behind her. I'm just over 5'10" and Pam had to be no more than 5'4", I figured as I put my arms around her.

"Back first, play later," she said with a laugh.

I soaped up the rest of her body. Back, under arms, butt and finally reaching around, her breasts. Everything was cleaned more than once, and she now started to soap me up.

She saw my scars, looked at me and said nothing. I was then told, to raise my arms, as she washed my chest and underarms. Lowering my arms, I put them around her and kissed her. It wasn't a lusty, lip mashing, powerful kiss like a prelude to hot sweaty sex. It was more that of two lovers discovering each other for the first time. We continued kissing and caressing one another until the water started getting cold.

"I think it's time we take this to the other room," Pam said.

We quickly dried each other off and raced for the bed.

"She couldn't be over a hundred pounds ringing wet," I thought to myself as I pulled her on top of me.

I continued kissing her while my hands moved up and down her back and to her round ass. Her small breasts and hard nipples were pressed tight against my chest as Pam held my head in her hands. All the while our lips continued their foreplay.

Flipping her over on her back I caressed her breasts and her now erect nipples. After a few licks of my tongue and suckling each one in between my lips their color quickly turned from light brown to almost red. My lips next moved down from her chest to her flat stomach and on past to a landing strip of soft hair just above her pussy. I teased her by pulling on the hairs with my lips as I moved my sweaty hands under her butt cheeks. I spread her puffy outer lips apart with my tongue as I searched for her clit and honey pot.

"Oh God yes," she said quietly, as I feasted on her.

She stroked the top of my head, and I increased the strength and tempo of my attack. I licked her from her hardening clit to her ass and back again. She gave herself totally when I drove my tongue into her while massaged her clit with my thumb.

"Oh God, don't stop," she screamed as I pulled my tongue out and started sucking on her little clit.

I could feel her body tense up for a second before she let loose driving her pussy against my face. Holding my head between her hands, Pam moved her pussy across my lips and mouth moaning something as she started to come down. I finally stopped, when she released my head and pulled me to her lips, driving her tongue half way down my throat.

"That was nice. That was really nice," she said licking my lips. "But I need more than just that tonight," she said while climbing out from under me. "It's your turn now, so just lie back and relax," she instructed me as she licked her lips.

At six and a half inches hard, I'm not tiny nor am I huge. After a few minutes, I could readily see Pam had done this before. She used just the right amount of spit, hand action and lips to get me instantly hard. I'm not sure if she was deep throating me, nor did I care, because what she was doing felt wonderful.

It had been well over a years since I'd been with a women, and even though Susie and her four sisters had taken the edge off in the shower most nights, this was a whole new ball game. I was just about to tell her to ease up, when I exploded down her throat. It wasn't a quick climax, more so an explosion. Load after load shooting down her throat. How long I came, I haven't a clue. Maybe an hour. Maybe a day. I only know that Pam didn't let up until I was totally drained.

"I thought you were going to drown me," she said wiping her mouth. "Damn, it has been a while since you've been with someone hasn't it?" she said moving up to kiss me.

"I guess you can say that."

Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,296 Followers
12