Love Lost, Then Found Ch. 27

Story Info
Hank goes back to DC.
2.3k words
4.77
12.8k
2

Part 26 of the 27 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 10/23/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hank could not believe how boring a History conference in Washington, DC could be. History was his life's passion but it no longer was. Sure he was excited to be part of an elite panel that was discussing the American Civil War and its effects both here and abroad. The fact that it was going to be televised was something he liked. At least it couldn't hurt the sales of his latest book. He was going to be interviewed on NPR tomorrow then going home.

He missed home and his family. He never thought he'd be saying that but he did. All a long he had been wanting a place to call home and now he had it. He had a beautiful wife, a great daughter and a baby on the way. To him, he had it all.

Amy's pregnancy was progressing well. She was near the end of her sixth month and so far everything was going well. Their sex life had really slowed down especially compared to the earlier months and her moods had gone through some changes. She was up one day then down another. One day she wanted his touch and the next she pushed him away. Sometimes she couldn't sleep and he find her seated, wrapped in a blanket in the bedroom chair, just looking out the window. Hank tried his best to be there for her but he couldn't miss this conference. Amy encouraged him to go, saying it would be good for him. She was right as he touched base with some of his old contacts. He especially liked to tell people about Amy and Carrie.

Carrie was acting like the freshman she was. Most of the time she was great and very helpful but she had discovered boys and wanted to date. Amy was dead set against it and it led to some tense moments. She didn't date as a freshman so Carrie shouldn't. Carrie tried to recruit Aunt Jessie but that never helped. Hank was ok with it but with strict rules. He tried to see both sides but that usually got him in trouble. That was the great part about being a new dad to a teenager. It was a big learning curve and he was finding that out every day.

"Dr. Dixon." The voice startled him. "You're up." Hank walked to the podium and started his talk. It went well. He held his own in the panel discussion and Q and A that followed.

Hank was tired and he headed out of the conference room planning on going up to his hotel room. He wanted to call home to see how things were going. And just to hear Amy's voice. Leaving the room he heard a female voice call to him. "Hank, Hank Dixon."

He turned around and there standing not five feet away was Susan, his ex.

Susan was dressed in a gray suit with red blouse. Her black hair was pulled back in a bun. Her eyes sparkled and she gave a big smile. She walked towards him. Hank extended his hand. She took it, pulled him close and kissed his cheek. "It's been a long time."

"Yes, it has. You are looking good, "replied Hank.

"Thanks. You're looking well too. I guess married life agrees with you. I heard you speak. Great as usual," she said. "Where are you staying?"

"Right here," Hank said.

"Great! Me too." Susan answered. "Would you like to get a drink?"

Hank agreed and they headed towards the hotel bar. They sat down. Susan swung herself around so her knees touched Hank's. They talked about old times and people they knew. Susan told Hank she was working as a lobbyist and the job was going well. A number of times as she spoke she placed her hand on Hank's thigh. They decided to have dinner together. When their table was called Susan slid around in her stool seat. This spread her legs allowing Hank see her inner thigh. Hank noticed the top of her black stocking and her creamy thigh.

At dinner, she sat next to him, not across from him. Their knees constantly touched. Hank tried not to notice but he couldn't. Hank turned the conversation to Amy and Carrie but she always brought it back to the two of them. As they talked, she undid her hair, allowing it to fall free. She shook her head and ran her fingers through it. "There, that feels much better."

She smiled and by the look on Hank's face, it had the desired effect on him.

"You know, we could have made a pretty good team, you and me," Susan said. "Maybe I should have fought for you."

"How's that?" Hank replied. He was taken aback by her forwardness.

"Oh come on. We have a lot in common. We both love power. We both worked hard to get where we are. We made a good team, your brains, my drive. Admit it, the sex was pretty good." Susan smiled.

"True," Hank answered. "Thinking back, we did have some pretty good times."

"So?" She asked.

"So what?"

"Why didn't it work out between us?" Susan put her hand on his thigh. "It could have, you know."

He had to admit she was right but how could he tell her there wasn't that spark, that comfort zone, that feeling that Amy gave him.

"A different time, a different place. Maybe." It was a pretty weak answer.

By dinner's end, Hank knew where this was going. Susan was gorgeous and she was right here. She had reminded him of all the good times they had together. And despite how it ended, there were some great times. He wouldn't be a man if he didn't notice. Some of the things she mentioned stirred up old feelings. He had to adjust himself more than once. A movement Susan didn't miss. They got up and headed towards the elevator. On the way she reached over and took his hand. They both knew what was next.

The elevator doors opened. Hank had made his decision. It was now or never. He took a deep breath. "Susan, thank you for a wonderful evening but I can't get on with you. You are a beautiful woman, very tempting and I know what I'm missing. As lame as this sounds, I love my wife and that won't ever change. I have a wife and family. I'll not throw that away."

Susan looked at him with a cute little pout. She wasn't use to hearing no. "That's ok. I understand. But are you sure? The offer still stands if you change your mind. Think it over. Here's my room number." She wrote the number on the back of her business card and slipped into his shirt pocket. She kissed him lightly on the lips and stepped into the elevator.

Hank went up to room and called Amy. Even though he didn't do anything, he felt dirty. He was tempted and he felt he let Amy down. It was late and he knew she be asleep. He left a message. All it said was "I love you, babe." He then took a long shower.

Amy had a rough week. Teaching was becoming more difficult. Standing all day was becoming a real challenge and just getting around was a chore. She had given her notice that she was going on leave in four weeks and it couldn't come fast enough. She missed Hank so much but when Hank came home from DC, she should have been happy to see him. Instead she let loose with all her complaints. He took it well but she knew he was not happy.

She took Friday off and invited her sister Jesse over. Jesse came for lunch that afternoon. Jesse's life had improved since her talk with Amy this summer. With the help of a little white bikini, Dave had noticed what he had in a wife and things were good.

"So Amy," Jesse asked, "why the invite on a Friday? Special announcement?"

Amy slid a business card across the table. "I found this in Hank's shirt when he came back from DC."

Jesse looked at it and turned it over. "So?"

"Jesse, Susan was Hank's ex-wife. I've met her. She's beautiful and gets what she wants. She went as far as to almost tell me she still loved him when I met her in Washington. Now here is her card and her room number on the back. What am I to think?"

"Are you crazy? What are you to think? Listen to yourself." Jesse asked.

"I don't know. My emotions are so confused. I've been awful to Hank lately. Now I find a hotel room number with name of his ex-wife on it. Why would he have it?"

Jesse took Amy's hands. "It's a business card. Probably just wanting some political contacts. I don't know. Look, calm down. Hank is a one woman man. Also he is an open book when it comes to you. He can't hide anything from you. He's also a man. He might look but he wouldn't do anything. You know, read the menu but eat at home. I'll take Carrie tonight. Fix him a nice dinner and the two of you take some time together."

After Jesse left, Amy had time to think. Why shouldn't she trust Hank? He's been everything she ever wanted and more. He is always there for her and Carrie too. But lately he has been quiet around her. Why shouldn't he be? Her moods were changing every day. Even she didn't know how she was going to be. He was gone a few days and instead of welcoming home, she bitched at him. She felt undesirable and she couldn't understand why Hank would want her. Susan on the other hand...

Amy was letting her mind go places she shouldn't. Hank loved her. She knew it.

Hank came home and found the dining room table set for two with candle light.

"What's the occasion?" Hank kissed Amy on the cheek. "How's the baby?"

"Fine. I made your favorite. Carrie is at Jesse's so we are alone."

"Great. I'll clean up."

Supper was great. Everything was going well until dessert. Hank had noticed that Amy seemed to be in a good mood and he was happy for her. Suddenly she said, "So how do you explain this?" and she slid the business card across to Hank.

Hank looked at it and quickly tried to explain, "Babe, it's nothing. She was at the conference. We had a couple of drinks. That's all."

"Nothing!" She stood up, slammed her napkin down and stormed out of the room.

Hank sat there in disbelief. One minute things were great, then bang. After a few minutes, he got up. He cleared the table, rinsed the dishes and filled the dishwasher. He went up to the bedroom. Amy was lying on the bed softly crying. Hank continued through the room to the bathroom. He turned on the water to the Jacuzzi and returned to the bedroom. "Amy, I started the water. Go get undressed and go soak in the tub. It's ok. We'll talk later."

Hank left the room and waited. He heard Amy walk to the bathroom. He thought about what he was going to say but he knew it wasn't about him but in a way it was. After a half hour, he went upstairs. He got undressed leaving only his boxers on. He didn't know why he did and he certainly had no plans. He knocked on the door. "Amy, can I come in?"

"Yes, if you still want to."

Hank came in and knelt down beside the tub. "Amy, I love you. I'm not going to do anything stupid to wreck it. Yes, I had a few drinks with her and we talked about old times but I have waited a long time for this. Believe me." He started to rub her back.

Amy looked at him and said, "I know and I'm sorry. It seems that I'm making a big deal about everything. I can't help it. Look at me. Compare to her...Oh Hank, I love you so much. I don't know what I do without you."

Amy kissed him. Hank stood up. "Look, relax in the tub. I'll clean up."

Amy hugged him around the waist, putting her hands on his butt. Hank's cock started to stir. Amy noticed. She took his boxer down and cock sprung free.

"Babe, you don't have to," he whispered.

Instead of answering, Amy placed her lips on his erection and began to suck. She kneaded his ass as she took more of him into her mouth.

"Oh baby, it feels so good," Hank groaned.

She had his entire cock in her mouth. Her nose pressed to his belly. Amy sucked as hard as she could, up and down. God, she needed this. She had to do this. The jets pulsed against her pussy sending tingles through her body. This wasn't about her. It was about her husband, her lover.

It had been a long time since Hank had come. His hips began to buck. Amy was sucking and twirling her tongue across his cock's head.

"I'm going to cum, babe, Oh fuck!"

Hank began to cum and Amy didn't miss a beat. She continued to suck until he was completely empty. She swallowed it all even though he came in a large amount.

As he recovered, Hank said, "You didn't have to do that."

Amy sat back in the tub. "Yes I did. I doubted you and I shouldn't have. I know you love me and wouldn't hurt me. Yes I needed to do that. For me and you."

"Look, I have to finish up the dishes. Stay in here till you are ready. Call me when you need me. Then we'll go to bed."

That's exactly what they did. No sex. Just two lovers who held and caressed each other, knowing that was all they needed tonight.