Nibblet Ch. 12

Story Info
Singing!
2.3k words
4.41
21.6k
1
0

Part 12 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 08/12/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Won't you come see about me I'll be alone, dancing --- you know it
Baby Tell me your troubles and doubts
Giving me everything inside and out Love's strange --- so real in the dark
Think of the tender things
That we were working on
Slow change may pull us apart
When the light gets into your heart,
Baby Don't you forget about me
Don't, don't, don't, don't
Don't you forget about me
Will you stand above me
Look my way, never love me
Rain keeps falling
Rain keeps falling
Down, down, down

“Yes, yes. Turn it down. Way down.” Spike rolled his eyes. He took a swig of beer and observed the rest of the crowd. They all had pained expressions -- everyone accept Dawn. She watched Angel with a rapt expression, her eyes were all over him. She was probably imagining him in his knickers or in that damnable swim suit. Fruity bastard.

He looked over at Faith, she was ogling the eye candy but did it discreetly, she at least looked dismayed by the singing voice. Her eyes were soft though, a gentle expression was also on her face. Yep, she had it bad. He did sound like a foghorn. Bloody sire, singin’ a bloody song in the bloody nightclub when he should be at his bloody home readin’ a boring bloody book. Will you recognize me Call my name or walk on by Rain keeps falling Rain keeps falling Down, down, down Don't you try and pretend It's my beginning We'll win in the end I won't harm you Or touch your defenses

Dawn continued to watch Angel sing. Was it just her or was he amazing? He hardly slurred at all. She downed the rest of her drink. It could be the alcohol. And, wow, did he look good in black. Go, Angel! As he finished his song, she jumped to her feet to applaud wildly. She was the only one.

Angel left the stage and sat down beside The Host. “I can see you’ve had quite a few drinks, Angelicious. Pretty tune you chose, by the way.”

“Thanks.” He smiled broadly. “S’what’s it to be? What should I do?”

“Well, I can see a dark haired Slayer in your future. I know that for sure.” The Host winked. “Sure you aren’t interested in a green demon with a sweet singing voice and flashing red eyes?”

“Are you hitting on me?” Angel looked upset and then he grinned. He patted his hair. “I am kinda sexy, huh? I shoulda done that song, y’know the one.”

“The song?”

“The old one. . .oh, I know! I’m too Sexy.”

“I think we’ve already established that.” The Host said dryly.

“No!” Angel started to sing. Loudly. “I’m too sexy for my cat. Come on, pu–“

”Angel! Don’t you dare sing the rest of that lyric. This is a family place!” He hissed. Angel gave him a sideways look.“Okay, so it’s not. Just be quiet, like any good stealthy vampire.”

“Alright. If you tell me what I’m supposed to do. What do the Powers say?”

“They say that you need to make up your own mind.” He pursed his lips. “They do have more important things to do, like avert apocalypses and such. “ He pointed to his head. “This isn’t ‘Loveline’ you know.”

“Oh, yeah. That was really worth the public humiliation.” Angel scowled.

“Oh, be quiet.“ He thought a moment. “It’s not wrong to have feelings for Faith. I know that when you were with Buffy you had a thing for her. It’s not a sin to act on those. You don’t belong to Buffy. Give her a chance. And the other one too. She’s Buffy’s little sister but she’s not Buffy. Don’t forget that.” Before Angel could respond, he pointed to the stage. “Dawn’s on.”

Dawn stepped up to the microphone and looked at the prompter. Her song appeared. She took a deep breath and began to sing.

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick, and think of you Caught up in circles confusionis nothing new Flashback--warm nights-- almost left behind suitcases of memories, time after--

Faith grinned. She elbowed Spike. “That’s my girl! She sounds damn good.” She beamed as any proud parent should.

Spike was transfixed. It wasn’t that her voice was perfect. It wasn’t. But it was pleasant and melodious, rolling across the stage to where he sat in the shadows, it entered his ears like rich warm honey. Beautiful. Just like she was. Instinctively, he knew that the song was for him. About him. And their relationship. It melted him on the spot. He rose to his feet but Faith grabbed his arm and shook her head. Oh, right. They were hiding from them, spying. Damn it. He sat back down.

Angel put his head in his hand. He looked at The Host, his features grave. “Do you think she sounds better than me?”

“Hush, Angelface. I’m listening.”

Sometimes you picture me-- I'm walking too far ahead you're calling to me, I can't hear what you've said-- Then you say--go slow-- I fall behind-- the second hand unwinds if you're lost you can look--and you will find me time after time if you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting time after time

Dawn finished her song and smiled as the crowd broke into enthusiastic applause. “Thank you!” She bounded from the stage to table where Angel and Lorne sat. “So?”

“Sit your sweet self down, Dawn.” She sat down eagerly. “Really got a thing for this Spike guy, don’t you?”

She smiled shyly. “Yeah.”

“And someone else too?” He rose his eyebrows.

“Uh, no. Nope. No one else.”

Angel growled. “Who?”

“No one. He’s wrong.” Dawn gave The Host a feral smile. Even in her inebriated state she was a force to be reckoned with.

He took the hint. “Maybe I was mistaken.” He rolled his eyes and pointed to Angel. “I doubt he’ll remember anyway. He’s sloshed.”

“Whatever. So, how’s it going to go?”

“I have no idea. Nothing’s been decided yet. You need to make up your mind. Honey, Spike has been your dream lover for years. But you need to bring him into your real life. Real love is nothing like the fantasy. You need to let the Spike of your dreams go and embrace the man, er, vamp that he is. You also need to explore your feelings for the other--”

“Got it. Thanks, Mr. Host with the Most Man.” She said quickly. She stood on wobbly feet. “Ready to go, Angel?”

“I’m ready, princess.” He stood up and gave Lorne a broad smile. “You wanna kiss me goodnight, don’t ya? You think I’m a hunk of salty goodness. Don’t ya?”

“I think you’re drunk.” He shook his head . “Goodnight, Angelfood. It was nice meeting you, Dawn. You two kids go straight home now.” *********

Angel and Dawn had left moments ago and Spike was anxious to know his future. He stared down at the crowd from the stage. He loved this, loved being the center of attention. They were a rowdy group too. He grabbed up the microphone and began to belt out his song. As he did so, he strutted around the stage winking at the pretty girls. He lifted his lip up into a curl during his favorite parts and kept grinning at Faith. One Saturday I took a walk to Zipperhead I met a girl there and she almost knocked me dead

Punk rock girl Please look at me Punk rock girl What do you see? Let's travel round the world Just you and me punk rock girl

I tapped her on the shoulder And said do you have a bell? She looked at me and smiled and said she did not know

Punk rock girl Give me a chance Punk rock girl Let's go slam dance We'll dress like Minnie Pearl Just you and me punk rock girl

Faith grinned. She knew he was singing about Dawn. He was so damn cute, too. She had to admit that she wasn’t immune to his many charms. There was something about him. . .the attitude, the coat, ice blue eyes and the cheekbones, well, they spoke for themselves. He wasn’t Angel but he wasn’t bad. Not bad at all. But she wouldn’t act on that for Dawn’s sake.

Spike sat beside the green demon. “You’re nothin’ like your sire.”

“Everyone always says that.” Spike narrowed his eyes.

“I think it’s a good. They say variety is the ‘spike’ of life.” He laughed at his own joke. Spike did too, he was just drunk enough to find that funny.

“So, tell me about the Bit. Am I gonna get her? Will she be mine?”

“I don’t know.”

“You suck at this mind reading thing.” Spike blinked at the table as if seeing it for the first time. “Don’t you have one of those crystal ball thingies that tells you the future?”

“Uh, no. I read you when you sing.”

“And my song didn’t tell you a damn thing?” Spike was pissed.

“Wouldn’t say that. You are quite the romantic. You’re actually a rare breed of vamp, a lover and a fighter.”

“What about Dawn?”

“It’s still up in the air.” He sighed. “ One thing though. She’s not her sister. Remember that. Don’t compare them and let her know that its her you’re interested in, not a Buffy substitute.”

“Good advice.” Spike patted himself down. “Am I supposed to give you a tip or something?”

“How about a kiss?”

“Bugger off.”

“Well, I wanted the kiss first but–“

”Shh. Faith’s on.” Her hair is Harlow gold, her lips sweet surprise Her hands are never cold, she's got Bette Davis eyes She'll turn the music on you, you won't have to think twice She's pure as New York snow, she got Bette Davis eyes And she'll tease you, she'll unease you All the better just to please you She's precocious, and she knows just What it takes to make a pro blush She got Greta Garbo's stand off sighs, she's got Bette Davis eyes

Spike smiled at the Slayer. So beautiful and she had a throaty, deep voice. It wasn’t like Dawn’s but it still affected him. She was something alright. All fire and vinegar. She was far more beautiful than Buffy yet she didn’t know it. She still lived in the other Slayer’s shadow. She was her own woman, too bloody good for Angel. That didn’t stop girls from throwing themselves at the dunderhead though. Maybe it was the hair gel.

She'll let you take her home, it whets her appetite She'll lay you on the throne, she got Bette Davis eyes She'll take a tumble on you, roll you like you were dice Until you come up blue, she's got Bette Davis eyes She'll expose you, when she snows you Hope you breathe with the crumbs she throws you She's ferocious and she knows just What it takes to make a pro blush All the boys think she's a spy, she's got Bette Davis eyes And she'll tease you, she'll unease you All the better just to please you She's precocious, and she knows just What it takes to make a pro blush All the boys think she's a spy, she's got Bette Davis eyes...

The Host grinned as the dark slayer approached. “Bravo!” She sat down with a grin on her face. “That song was tres apropos, n’est pas?”

“You lost me there, Green Giant. Did you see anything though? Where does my path lead?”

“Right where you are, sweet thing. Just sit back and let things sort themselves off.”

“What about Angel?”

“He looks divine in black leather.”

“Knew that. What else?”

“You have a thing for him. Go with it for now. Nothing’s been decided.”

“You weren’t that much of a help.”

“Demons rarely are.” ******

“I wish I were Angelus.”

“What?!?”

“Not because of the killing. I just...he’s so free. I miss that. He always took what he wanted, no regrets.” Angel sat on top of his desk, shirt unbuttoned, his jacket strewn on the floor.”Plus the wardrobe.” He got up and twisted around to see his behind. “So frustrating. Can’t see myself in mirrors.” He ran his hands down his thighs. “I bet my backside looks great in leather.” He laughed, sounded linking a demented leprechaun or other fey creature from his homeland. Dawn sat down heavily on the couch.

Yum. Angel in leather pants. . .without leather pants, too. I’m a bad, bad girl. “He took what he wanted. . .what do you want?”

He looked at her hungrily. Best not to answer that. I’m a pervert, a big undead pervert. She’s 18, I’m old enough to be her grandfather, four or five times over.

She went over and put her arms around him. “I don’t. I like Angel much better.” She kissed his cheeks. “ I have no desire to see your--”

“I didn’t offer!”

“–demon. What were you talking about?”

“Nothing.” He gave a small laugh as he wrapped his arms around her. Subject change. “That feels nice.” He rested his head on top of hers. “Still tipsy?”

“Yep. Think the room’s really spinning?” She moved her head around and around in the motion.

He frowned. “Could be a quake.” The he grabbed her. “Buffy!”

“What?”

“Buffy usually dies during earthquakes! We should warn her!”

“She’s on her honeymoon.”

“So?”

“Nah, nothin’ will happen to her. She’s tuffy Buffy, besides, she’s got Riley around.” She closed her eyes.

“I hate that guy.”

“Me too.” She giggled. “Wanna go upstairs?”

“Sure.”

“Can I sleep with you?” She yawned.

“Will you throw me across the room anymore?”

“Nope.”

“Than its fine by me.”

“Will you sing me another chorus of ‘I’m too Sexy?’”

Angel pulled his shirt off and did a ‘strip tease’ as they drunkenly stumbled up the stairs. “On the catwalk, I shake my little tush, on the catwalk!”