Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 01

Story Info
A huntress tries to survive in a devastated world.
2.8k words
4.41
54.8k
68

Part 1 of the 34 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/02/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prelude: The Great Purge

This is what we were told.

Mankind had always been infatuated with the idea of mythical creatures. They wrote books about them, made them come alive in the media, and even dressed their children like them for holidays.

Still, no one truly believed they existed. Occasionally people from a marginalized society would claim to see or even be these beings, but they could never be taken seriously. The legend could be revered as long as it remained separate from reality. In other words, no one could have imagined what would happen. In the old world predating the 31st century, women generally lived in patriarchal societies. The people thrived in technological advances and worked hard to improve their society. Robots came in the forms of nurses, teachers, even companions. Cures for what man had previously thought incurable were invented and mass-produced at astonishing rates. Paradise seemed so close in their grasp.

Sure, the people didn't touch grass, and growing things were on display in only the richest of neighborhoods, but the people were content.

By the end of the 25th century it was declared that the Northern Hemisphere was too contaminated, environmentally damaged, and polluted to be lived upon. With this, the High Presidents of the Four Hemispheres decided to sever the top of the North to prevent further contamination. Then the North and West would share leadership. They had the technology to quell the forces of nature, they had the brains to pull it off, and the test scenarios were perfectly executed.

"We are ready to leave the New Golden age and enter the Immortal Age."

They would flee the world they had killed, and suffer no consequences. In the old stories humans always lacked humility.

The attack started the month before final life preserving evacuations. A family of four spotted what they believed to be a "unicorn" in the Northern Hemisphere. Their youngest child, Suzie, had been said to approach the "unicorn" where she then proceeded to touch her head with his horn. The family reported that the child had been illuminated in light and when the light faded the unicorn and their paralysis left. In its stead was a message carried by the child.

"We are the hidden. We have silently watched over the earth since the beginning of time and allowed mankind to change it as he willed. Yet Man himself has refused to change his ways. We tell you this: Do not attempt to destroy the North. We will fix the Earth, but in return we demand that you move 2/3rds of your population to your Mars and Space Quadron colonies. This will appease us. Without this, we will strike back."

The family had caused a gigantic stir. The parents were arrested for global treason. The children had been given to the foster system, but the youngest child, Suzie, had disappeared.

"They were extremists!" the world had said.

"Mentally impaired!"

"Greenhouse zealots who cared more about the earth than those on it!"

They laughed, they talked about it, but no one listened. The Strike of the 25th century occurred the next week.

Slowly but surely there were sightings of the fantastical. Unicorns, dragons, ogres, vampires, werewolves, even centaurs and satyrs were spotted. Like many real things their depiction was different from the fairy tales. These were not the romantic creatures of lore. They were a strong breed of creatures that were both beautiful and hideous, and all were dangerous.

They attacked and the humans were slaughtered. Technology did not matter if it could not be used fast enough to save one's life. Nuclear weapons mattered little if witches turned them back at you.

Before long a third of the human population was slaughtered before the humans fled. There was a limited amount of recyclable oxygen as well as space for the vast population of earth. As Mars was colonized and the Space Quadron filled, it was decided that the evacuation would be limited for fear that the creatures would follow.

The world leaders made a cruel choice and left billions of the middle-class and impoverished behind. When the dust settled and the technology was gone these humans were as delicate and helpless as newborns.

The witches, second in command and council of these creatures had tired of the violence referred to by them as "The Great Purge." They allowed these remaining humans to live, but ordered that the ways of their old world be relinquished. Those who relented died, and those who remained tried hard to survive.

The creatures cleaned the earth to its original beautiful and dangerous state. Technology and Literacy was lost, most of the people were users of it and not builders or creators. They had come from a world where walking was optional and to see nature one had to go to a greenhouse and request a time slot. The strong survived and made tribes that endured, the weak became fodder.

Those who survived formed tribes that dotted the remaining landscape and each tribe held something valuable. Out of one tribe came a brave warrior named Zyra.

Zyra would be the catalyst to change everything again.

And this is her story.

_______________________________________________

Chapter One: Humble Beginnings

Zyra walked with her head held high to the tent of the High Chieftess.

She had managed to kill a big breasted Pegacorn and there would be much feasting. This flying beast that had the head and body of a unicorn would normally not be food, but exiles who wandered into their land could be eaten. It was a common fact that this land belonged to the Rovians.

Zyra was the lead hunter of the Rovians, and their strong all female tribe had several mouths to feed.

"My Chieftess," Zyra said grinning. "I have slain an exile. I ask that you take the meatiest portion to thank your devotion to our people."

"Thank you my dear," the High Chieftess hailed, holding her face in greeting.

The High Chieftess' hands were soft and gentle as she brought her forehead to hers.

"Why has such a beast come forth?"

Zyra shrugged, "He is the first in much time. I doubt it is anything to worry about."

According to the treaty laws, if a creature wandered on their land it was theirs for the plundering. This also applied to human disruption of the magical land. The creatures despite their barbaric natures had put rules in place lest they too become corrupted by power. The creatures were united under their Dark Witch council, but all answered to the rare and few commands of the Unicorns who were said to have knowledge from The Maker themself. When their rules were disobeyed, the creatures were not killed but instead exiled. Exiles ate to survive and did not eat what they were assigned to by nature.

For example, a Bandersnatch was to eat only the food of the ground, but if he ate the food of the sky like a bird or an apple from an apple tree he would multiply in size and grow fat with meat. The creatures that stood on two legs like werewolves and vampires would be transformed into beasts before their exile. Exiling meant becoming food for the humans, a reversal of the food chain, and as a result the Council's rules were rarely broken.

"How fares the land, dearest? Did the beast disturb the crops?"

"He was halted."

"How?"

"I stopped him."

The white hunter paint on Zyra's face crinkled as she smiled at her Chieftess' disbelief.

"Surely you know it is an honor to serve you, my Chief."

The Chieftess rolled her eyes and sat on her mat. "Truly dear sister. You are a marvel."

Zyra laughed and sat as well. "Just because you are my sister Kyzu does not mean that I can allow myself privileges above the rest. I am your hunter is all."

Chieftess Kyzu shook her head in irritation, her long hair flowing past her waist. Her skin was painted with the bright purple paint of leadership, and her smooth tan complexion and deep brown eyes made her one of the most prized beauties in the village. If this did not, her tall fluid body that dipped and flowed like a gentle river did.

It made Zyra slightly self-conscious when she thought of her tree bark-colored skin, overly generous curves and short black hair that rested above her shoulders. She consisted of lean muscle and hid her femininity for the hunt. She wrapped down her breasts to her chest so they would not slap at her. Long hair would get tangled in tree limbs. Smooth skin would tear at the slightest abrasion. Her sharp unfriendly green eyes could see where the prey rested and helped her provide.

Zyra thought of her practical choices for her role in the tribe and was reassured. It was by all means the best way. What use did she have for looks?

"Well you shall have the meatiest portion," Kyzu said, crossing her hands. "You and all who were with you. Now, you must rest."

Kyzu's lips curled and a mischievous glimmer twinkled in her eye.

"Do you know why you must rest Zyra?"

"Because...I'm tired?"

"Tomorrow is the second celebration of life."

"Ah! Shite."

Damn it all! That accursed celebration! Twice a year for 7 days' time their brother tribe the Ursies, which consisted of all males, would come to their village to...celebrate life. The purest form of the celebration was the creation of life, and so the strongest males and females of the villages would mix their sex in order to reproduce and preserve their livelihood.

If it was a female, the Rovians kept her. If it was a male, the Ursies kept him. The entire village would then choose whom to be with and remain paired all week. Since they were guests, the men were expected to bring enough provision. In the spring, it would be their turn. Chances were the men had been hunting for weeks for the event.

"I had forgotten," Zyra said grimly.

"I assumed so," Kyzu chuckled. "Otherwise I'm sure your hunting party would have been delayed."

"I am a hunter. I will be no good to you with child. I have no desire to participate."

Her sister sighed and looked at her in disappointment and concern. "I cannot force you my sister, but the time of your conceiving is close. You know the traditions. All members of this tribe must attempt to conceive at least one offspring by their 22nd year. You are already 20-years old. You know the rules."

Her sister looked at her sadly. "If you do not try next year at the very least, you will be exiled. We must know if you are fertile."

Zyra felt the dread fill her entire body. "We have never exiled the infertile," she spat.

"No," Kyzu said, her voice sad. "But those before me have exiled virgins."

Zyra's frown grew deeper. Her sister was only 28 years but already bore two children. One being a boy, the other a sweet little girl whom she had named Nima. Still, Zyra was not ready for motherhood. Everything in her wanted to fight the rules, but rule kept them alive. It was best to obey them, even if she would rather not.

"I..." she started reluctantly. Oh the spirits must truly despise her.

She sighed, "I will attempt tomorrow," and left before she could hear her sister squeal in triumph.

Zyra was often told that once she had felt a man inside of her she would lessen her abrasive ways. She felt for certain it would make them worse.

"Hey Zyra!" a voice called to her.

She stopped and looked for the source.

"Over here."

The sound was coming from her best friend, Ginger's tent. She was not surprised to see her and the medicine girl Lala engaged in pleasuring.

"Come, join us!" Ginger was a pretty girl with chestnut brown hair that she often complained about and a body of average proportion, not too skinny or curvy. She also had enough sexual energy to tire out half the village.

Village girls stayed within camp and only left with a hunter escort. They made sure the people had enough medicine and clothes and at night they would cook their dinner. Many village women were admired for their skill and were a very important part of their tribe. Ginger was known as one of the best clothing makers in the village, often having her choice of many things for her garments. Older village women raised and cared for the children, teaching them their ways. The strong quick women would hunt. On holidays they would switch duties and the hunter women would cook while the village women gathered food. In this way, the village was equal.

"You should allow us to teach you the many ways in which to collect a man's essence," Lala said winking. "It could assist you in hurrying the unpleasantness, though I am sure you will find it most appealing after a few times."

"No thank you," Zyra. "In fact, I feel as though I am coming down with something."

Lala laughed in response but still beckoned her with her hand.

Zyra found the women beautiful, but that didn't mean she was attracted to them. To be honest, she had never been attracted to anyone male or female. She didn't dare share this thought with anyone but Ginger.

Ginger, bless her heart, was attracted to anything that moved. In her mind she felt Ginger did indeed have some kind of condition. But, Zyra did admire her for her courage to be herself.

"You won't participate in tomorrow's festivities?" Ginger asked, surprised. She slipped two fingers into Lala and began pumping without so much as breaking eye contact.

Zyra sighed. She was still not used to Ginger's shameless ways.

"I might try to, but I make no promises."

Lala moaned, rocking into Ginger's palm.

"Well won't you join us? Or would you prefer to hunt? We can be the prey if you desire."

Zyra looked away embarrassed, and Lala snicked, snickering seductively.

"Your strong, stoic energy has made several of the village girls jealous of our friendship," Ginger said, mimicking Lala's teasing. "You know, I would be much happier to make their fantasies real."

Zyra grimaced, thinking of her reputation as the village's resident stud. It was a necessary curse. Kyzu was the tribe's mother and she was the protector. If that came under the role of "Father" then so be it. It didn't make her feel that great, but so be it.

"I have no desire to fuel your games," Zyra said, avoiding eye contact. "I'm tired.

"Fine," Ginger said, turning back toward the girl and leaning forward. "Here take this husk." It was a smoothed corn husk lacquered in tree sap, smooth and thick. "This will help prepare you. Be sure to visit me in the morning though."

"Thank you," Zyra said bowing. She took the husk in her skirts before making a relatively graceful exit.

Hearing the loud obnoxious sounds in the evening air she could tell others were also engaged. Many of them were in lasting lifemate bonds. On occasion they would lose a member who had decided to be with a man from their sister tribe. The man and woman would be sent to the Awaqui tribe, a mixed tribe since their tribes could not live together. Since in most cases one sought to subjugate the other, coexistence had been unsuccessful. Sometimes she wondered what her predecessors would think, high in their golden city, decadent and fat with power.

Sighing at her thoughts, Zyra went into her tent and closed it securely. Then she undressed and took the smooth husk in her hand and rubbed up and down it. Supposedly this was what the male penis head looked like.

A mushroom...or a silly hat. Ginger had died of laughter from that.

Zyra could feel herself moistening. She imagined how good it would feel inside her, the positions she could take that would be best pleasurable. She would push it as deep as possible and maybe sit on it, let it rock within her. Then she would be free to squeeze her nipples and pleasure bud until she saw the white light, and shook. Then the husk would fall out of her, sopping from her release.

She had always considered herself to be her best lover. Despite the fact she had been her only lover. How was she to explain any of what came natural to her to...another. How was she meant to...do any of this? Was it truly so simple as spreading one's legs and hoping for the best?

Zyra's arousal promptly faded, and she laid in her furs, frustrated and concerned. The exhaustion from the hunt soon took pity on her, and the hunter settled into a fitful sleep.