Rip in Time Ch. 03

Story Info
She's a wild child.
3.2k words
4.21
30.8k
2
0

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 08/26/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3: Wild Child

"You are very fortunate to turn out like me you ungrateful whelp." Giles said. He was on edge. Thinking back, the memory came to him. He had only kissed her. But he had been intending to . . . . He gestured impatiently for Ripper to come further into the apartment and have a seat.

Ripper took in his surroundings with disdain and disappointment. He was hoping that he would be a wizard, maybe live in nice digs. Nope. He was old, acted like his mother, and dressed funny.

"Why aren't you tweedy?" Spike demanded again. He looked from Giles to Ripper with a confused sort of fascination. It was like watching a Firebird turn into a serviceable mini-van.

"I have never worn tweed, mate." Ripper sounded offended. He looked at Spike's leather duster with an appraising eye. "Nice coat. Where'd you get it?"

Spike smiled, ready to launch into another bout of bragging. It's not like many other vampires had the audacity to hunt down and kill a slayer. Let alone steal her bloody coat and wear it on a nightly basis.

Ripper's eyes narrowed. "You're a vampire." His head whipped to Giles. "So, you still like vampires, eh? Maybe you aren't so bad after all." He gave his older self a knowing smile. "Though the switch to male is a change . . .sort of."

"You liked vampires?" Willow said in tone that suggested Giles might want to have a mental tune-up. "As in blood-sucking fiends from beyond the grave?" She sat down on the couch and clasped her hands, waiting for his reply. It never came.

"Hey!" Spike shouted.

"Shut up, Spike." Giles said wearily. "What are you doing here, young man?" Giles sat down in his arm chair.

"Why should I tell you?" Ripper sat down on the couch with a huff.

"What ARE you doing here?" He repeated, anger seeping into his tone.

"Well, I was about to tell you when you so rudely inter-"

"No, you weren't. But you are going to tell me. NOW."

Spike came to sit on the arm of the couch next to Red. He leaned over to whisper in a deceptively blasé voice. "What's this about shagging?" She gave him an icy glare.

"It's not like I planned this, Rupert." Ripper said with a self-satisfied smile. He emphasized his much hated given name. The man who sat in front of him, was no longer the Ripper.

"You expect me to believe you just fell into a hole that transported you here?"

"Well, no." Rupert wasn't going to give this line of questioning up. "Alright. I found this book on time travel magick. I was kicking back with Ethan, draining a few pints and smoking a little grass when I thought it seemed like a good idea. Been going through a bit of a rough patch lately. But I guess you know that." Giles eyes clouded with remembered pain. " Ethan suggested I take a little look-see at my future. Y'know, find out if it all works out for me? "

"Ethan Rayne. Bane of my existence. Do yourself a favor and get rid of him when you get back."

"He's my best mate!" Ripper shouted. "And you can't tell me what to do!" Then he closed his mouth, embarrassed by his display. It was like having a row with his father again. Oh no, he'd turned into his father. The glasses, all these bleedin' books in piles, that studious expression. . .

"Well, you are going to undue the spell this minute and go home." Giles said.

"That might be hard to do."

"Why?" A terrible thought occurred to him. "This spell didn't involve a sacrifice, did it? Did you have to kill someone?"

"Are you daft? You and I both know I would never kill someone." Giles raised his eyebrow. "For the sake of a spell." Ripper snapped. "I was high, and I don't remember the rest of the bleedin' spell."

Spike laughed and reached over to slap Ripper on the back. "I've been on some benders, mate, but at least I never sent myself into the future when I was drunk."

Giles shook his head. "Fine. We'll hit the magick shops in town first of all and then we'll go from there. Can you at least remember the title of the book?"

"It was about this thick." He indicated the width by pinching his thumb and index finger. "And. . .dusty. . .and I think it was red."

Giles winced. He had been a librarian long enough to get patrons asking for a book by its physical description or saying "its about this guy who went fishing. . .". "Thank God, I'm a librarian and I know where to look. Do you think if you saw it again you might recognize it?"

"I'm a LIBRARIAN?" He gasped in despair.

Spike chuckled "Nope. Not anymore. You are a retired librarian and an ex- Watcher."

"I'm a WATCHER?"

"No, an ex-Watcher, mate. Aren't you paying attention? You still high?"

"Yeah, a little bit." He admitted and then he winked at Willow. She frowned.

"Do you think you'd recognize it?"

"What?"

"THE BOOK." Giles shouted.

"Probably."

"That's not good enough, you stupid boy."

"Well, it'll have to do."

"Alright. If worse comes to worse we will go to some of my more, uh, unethical sources for some information on a time travel spell. I only hope that your absence in the past won't effect my future."

"Like that would be such a bloody shame." *******

Spike watched in amusement as Ripper twisted his way out of the ropes that his elder self had used to tie him to the chair. Giles had insisted on restraining the lad as the new memory of showing up on his own doorstep formed in his head. He wasn't about to give the scamp he used to be the chance to take advantage of Willow. Consequently, he and the young Ripper had ended up tied to opposing chairs in the living area for the night. "Hey, mate. How about teaching me that trick?"

"Sorry, mate. I don't think so."

"Why not? You know I could call out and give your game away." Spike said.

"Well, for one, how do I know you won't bite me if I let you go?" Ripper tossed the ropes down onto the chair. "And for two, I didn't like the way you were looking at Red earlier."

"I can't." Spike muttered. He wasn't even going to respond to the comment about Willow. That was none of his business.

"What's that?" Ripper walked over to where the phone was and picked up a black book sitting beside it.

"I can't . . .y'know. Not anymore."

"You're kidding?" He found the name he was looking for in the book. "Healthy immortal like yourself can't enjoy any young girls?" Ripper was horrified. He wasn't sure what sex was like as a vampire, but it sounded like this bloke had exhausted himself. How awful.

"Nope. No young girls. Not even an old guy."

"You like old guys?" Ripper was beginning to worry about this vampire. How long had they been holding him captive? And for what purpose? "You need to get out, mate. Before it's too late. I couldn't even imagine not being able to shag . . ."

"Hey! Who said anything about shagging? I was talking about biting! I can shag just fine, thank you very little." Spike was outraged. He might not be much of a vampire anymore, but he was still a lady-killer, by Devil! Well, not literally. Not anymore.

"Oh!" Ripper shook his head. "That's good to hear. I was beginning to worry." Ripper headed for the back door. At the last minute, he turned around. "Tell you what, you don't give me away and I'll teach you that trick before I go back home. Deal?"

"Done. Say, where you goin', mate?"

"It's the future. I'm curious to see what its like." Ripper lied easily.

Spike grinned as he watched the younger version of Giles hasten out the door. Upstairs, Rupert was blissfully unaware. **********

Willow turned over and groaned. She just couldn't sleep. She kept thinking about dancing with "Ringo" at the Bronze. Then she kept thinking that he was really Giles. Then she would get really grossed out. Sure, she'd had a crush on Giles when she was younger. He was smart. And once when she had stayed late after school to do extra-credit work she had overheard him singing and practicing the guitar. Everybody knew she loved a guy in a band. It was kind of like the Slayer's thing for bad boys. It was just an innocent crush. Not something that anyone in their right mind would ever act on. Then she had met Ripper. And all he seemed to do was act.

Suddenly there was a soft knock at her door. It must be Buffy back from her late night patrol. She must have left her keys behind again. Buffy, the Chosen One, the one girl on the whole planet with the power to thwart the armies of darkness, managed to lock herself out of her dorm at least once a month. Too bad she wasn't chosen to thwart the armies of locks. She hopped out of bed, paying no attention to her flannel pajamas with the little witches on them. She opened the door without thinking.

It was at about the time that the handle left her hand, that she realized that she had made the same mistake when Spike had paid her a late night visit. At least she hadn't issued an invite. She blurted out, "If you're not Buffy, you're not invited in."

"Sorry, luv. That only works on vampires. I should know." *********

Giles sighed. Spike was tied up. Ripper was tied up. Willow was safe in her dorm room. There would be no more of those dreams to bother him. His problem was solved. Sighing once more in contentment, Giles nestled into his pillow and drifted off to sleep. . . .

He smirked at the redhead in front of him. "Nice pajamas, Red." He stepped into the room. "Though I had hoped you'd slept in a little less than the full arsenal." He had nearly driven himself crazy on his long, cold walk over here. He imagined her greeting him at the door in all sorts of revealing outfits. He'd even toyed with the idea of her sleeping in the buff. Actually, the modest outfit made her all the more appealing. Made him want to corrupt her.

"Ripper. What are you doing here?" Willow took a step back.

"Why, visiting a new friend." He pulled the door shut behind him. "Aren't you glad to see me?"

"Umm, yes. I mean, no! I mean, couldn't you have waited until morning?"

"Hmm. No." He took another step towards her. "Though I can stay until morning if you like."

"I'm not so sure that's a good idea."

"Do I make you nervous?" He tilted his head to the side, studying her as she tried to shake her head 'no'. "I rather think I do."

Willow tried to think. She would just try to picture him as Giles. Surely, that would keep her from thinking . . .what she was thinking."So, um, when did you meet Ethan?"

"A while ago."

"And y-you're good, uh, good friends, right?"

"Best mates." He confirmed, still walking towards her, slowly. The backs of her knees hit the bedframe and she sat with a thump.

"W-why . . .uh . . ." She scrambled for another question, one that might give him a moment's pause. He stopped directly in front of her, his knees brushing hers. He reached down and stroked the side of her face with the back of his knuckles. "Why do they call you Ripper?"

Abruptly his entire face darkened, taking on an almost menacing air. Then he grinned at her. Angelus would have been jealous. He tucked two fingers beneath her chin and lifted her face, forcing her to meet his gaze. He leaned down until only a breath separated their lips. "Would you really like to know?"

She nodded. His mouth lowered to brush hers, when the door burst open. Buffy stood framed in the doorway. "Willow, are you okay? I heard a strange voice . . .oh." Buffy blushed. "Sorry to interrupt."

"Right." Ripper forced a tight grin as he stood impatiently. He didn't know who this blond girl was, but he wished that she would shut up and go away. However, if Red was friends with her, he'd be polite. For now. "So, you're Red's roomie? Good to know. We were busy. "

"No, we're not!" Willow leaped off the bed. "Why don't you come meet my new friend, Buffy? We met at the Bronze and . . . "

"He followed you home?" Buffy shook her head, chuckling. Way to go, Willow. "Before you ask, Wills, you're not allowed to keep him. This dorm has a no large pets policy." When they both just stood there, she elbowed Willow. "Does he have a name?"

"YES! Yes, he has a name. Of course he does. Why wouldn't he have a name that I could just tell you . . .right now. . ." Buffy stared at her friend. Could it be possible that Willow had brought him back here to . . . without asking his name? Willow looked over at Ripper. She couldn't say his name was Ripper, Buffy knew who that was. She couldn't say 'Ringo'. She had no choice but to ask for suggestions. "What's your name again? I'm sorry, uh, I forgot."

Buffy's eyes widened, she was lying. It was true! Willow! I always thought she had a bad side. Ever since I saw that Vamp Willow, but I had no idea that regular Willow was so . . .bad. "Willow!"

"It's ok. It's Rin–"

"NO!" They both turned to stare at Willow. "Don't say it. I remember now! You're name is . . ."

"Morrison. Jim Morrison." He interrupted. He wasn't about to let Miss Flannel Pajamas name him. No matter how beautiful she was. Willow slapped a hand to her forehead, fighting back a groan. Jim Morrison? "And you, ducks? What is your name, again?"

"Buffy Summers." She replied politely. "Wow. Jim Morrison. Your parents must have been hippies, huh? Cool accent too."

"Uh, right. Hippies." He winked at her. "Smoked a lot of grass. Y'know what I mean?" This Buffy girl was certainly easy on the eyes. Had he not met Willow before her, he would have been interested. He hated to be interrupted, but he might as well make the best of the situation. "Why don't I take you two out for a drink?"

They nodded in agreement. Buffy headed for the bathroom to freshen up, and Ripper waited outside while Willow changed into a pair of jeans and a UC Sunnydale sweatshirt. Ripper helped Willow into her coat, then, putting an arm around each of them, proceeded to escort them to one of the campus bars. . . .

Giles sat straight up in bed. "Oh, God, no." It was bad enough that he was dreaming about Willow. Now Buffy, too? He reached for the decanter of brandy next to his bed and took several healthy swallows. Surely he had not been that jaded. He would not try to seduce two girls at once. A sound drifted up from downstairs.

"Rupert! Put that brandy down. We got to save Red from your bloody lecherous self!"

"Spike?"

"NO, it's the tooth fairy. I have been shouting at you for ten minutes. Get down here and untie me. NOW, LET'S GO!" Spike snickered. "Unless you want to see a whole new side of your slayer."

"Bloody infinite hell." Giles took another strong swallow. "You're driving." *********

"I really shouldn't have any alcohol." Buffy said.

"Nonsense, ducks. A pint or two never hurt anyone." Ripper insisted.

Buffy, thinking back to the "caveslayer" incident couldn't agree less and smiled at him and said. "I'd like a ginger ale." Ripper shrugged.

Willow looked at Ripper, this was a rare opportunity. "What are you going to have?"

"Beer. What should I get you, pet?"

"I want a margarita." Willow had wanted to try one since the movie, Practical Magic, came out. She loved the midnight margarita scene. "Are you old enough to buy alcohol?"

"How old do I look, luv?"

"I don't know. . .20?"

"I'm 23." He grinned. "Plenty old enough. I'll be right back, luv."

He returned shortly with their drinks. Ripper placed himself in between the two young women. "There you are ladies."

Buffy was watching the young man intently. There was something vaguely familiar about him. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. "Do you go to school here?"

"Uh, no. I'm passing through Sunnydale."

"I see." Buffy said. So, she hadn't seen him at school, maybe she'd seen him in town before.

"How long have you known Willow?" Ripper asked.

"Oh, a few years now. We went to high school together." Buffy said. "She's my best friend."

Ripper put his arms around both of them, though his hold on Willow was a touch. . .friendlier. His hand grazed her upper arm and skimmed her breast lightly. This wasn't how he had intended the evening to end, but there were worse fates then sitting between two beautiful girls.

"Get your hand off of her!" Spike yelled out, screeching to a halt in front of their table.

"Sod off, mate! Can't you see I'm busy?" Ripper said.

Giles came up behind Spike. "Rip-" He stopped himself in time.

"You remember Jim, don't you?" Willow said.

"Jim? Oh, yes. Jim. Can I have a word outside with you , Jim?"

"No. I'm quite comfortable here, mate."

"You know this guy, Giles?" Buffy said.

"Uh. Yes, quite well." Giles said.

Spike rounded the table and pulled Red out of the human's grasp. "We'll be in the car." Willow was too stunned to do anything but go with him as he led her to the car.

Ripper removed his hand from Buffy's shoulders, continuing to glare at his overbearing older self. He was so involved in this staring war he was only vaguely aware of Willow's departure. "What's your problem?"

"You. You've always been my problem."

"Uh, Giles? What's going on?" She leaned around Ripper to stare at her Watcher.

"Buffy, this young man is–"

"His nephew." Ripper smiled. He wasn't ready to explain who he was. He wanted to have a good time. Just then it occurred to him that Willow was gone. That bloody vamp must have up and run off with her.

"I thought you were an only child." Buffy quirked an eyebrow. She couldn't believe that Giles had kept this from her. Still, it explained why the young man seemed so familiar. He did look like a young Giles.

"It's late. Why don't we discuss this later, Buffy?" Giles turned to talk to Ripper, but he only caught the tail end of him. Running out the door. After Spike.