Rip in Time Ch. 04

Story Info
Willow and Spike have a conversation on the Desoto.
2.1k words
4.5
24.3k
2
0

Part 4 of the 10 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 08/26/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rip in Time 4: Once Bitten

Spike and Willow sat on the hood of his Desoto. It was a little chilly, and he had wanted to sit inside, but Giles had taken his keys. That Watcher was very perceptive. “Y’know pet, I’ve heard you have a wild side, but I never thought you’d be one for a threesome.”

“A WHAT? What are you talking about?” She stared at him.

“You, Slutty and the Un-tweedy.” He wagged an reproachful finger at her.

“You think that–“ She burst into laughter. “No, he just asked us if he could take us out for a drink. We were just . . . “

”I know what you were just . . . “ Spike replied grimly. Suddenly Spike had a mental image of the Grinch. Spike had an idea. A wonderful, *awful*, idea. “ I know all about it y’know.”

“All about what?”

“About what he was intending to do.” Spike thought back to Giles’ sleep- talking. “Y’know, about showing you why he was called the Ripper. Said something about your roomie, too. I’m telling you it was all in his plan.”

Willow wasn’t buying it. “A plan?”

“And you had no idea, luv. You don’t know the Watcher as well as you think you do. He plays the guitar, y’know.”

“I knew that.”

“And he’s the one that got me hooked on Passions.”

“Really?” She had a hard time imagining Giles watching that show.

“And he has dreams . . .”

“What kind of dreams?”

“You know what kind of dreams, luv. Why do you think he wouldn’t let you do that truth spell on me? He didn’t want you to find out.”

“How do you know?”

“I live with him. I hear things. . . “ He scooted closer to her. He knew exactly how to convince her to believe him. “I wouldn’t lie to you about this. What possible reason would I have?”

“Because you’re a demon?” She said, though she didn’t know of any reason why he would lie to her about this. Willow tried to grasp what he was telling her. “Who exactly are these dreams about?”

“Well, from what I heard? You ,” He decided to throw in the kicker. “And Buffy.” He grinned. He hadn’t told her they were memories. So he hadn’t exactly broken the deal he had made with Giles. And besides, what did Rupert expect? He was evil.

Willow looked like she was going to be sick. “You have to be kidding. You’re not serious. He’s been having those kind of dreams about us.” She bowed her head. “Giles wants to. . .with. . .both of us? At the same time? Ewww.”

“Look, pet. You can’t tell Giles I told you this. He’d be humiliated. Then he’d stake me.” Spike put his arm around her. “He can’t help it. He’s just sick. They’ve been going on for quite a while. Long as I been staying with him. I just wanted to warn you about what you’re dealing with.”

Willow leaned into him. This couldn’t be true. Poor confused Giles. Spike stroked her face with a cool hand. “I’m sorry I had to be the one to tell you about this, luv.” She just continued to shake her head and look at her feet. What would she say to him when she saw him again? How could she look him in the eye when she knew this? “Willow? Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I just don’t know what to do about this.” She turned to face him. “Don’t worry. I won’t say a word to him about it.” He knew Red wouldn’t rat him out.

“Good. “ Spike sighed. “ I don’t think you should hang around that Ripper fellow, either.”

“Why? He’s not too old for me.” Besides, Willow kind of liked the attention she was getting from him, even if he did come on a little strong. A little flirtation never hurt anyone, right? And she’d hadn’t felt good about her appearance in such a long time. When she was dating Oz, he used to watch her all the time with that admiring expression on his face. It made her feel so beautiful.

“He tried to seduce you and your best friend at the same time. And we both know what his older version was dreaming about.” Spike argued.

“I’m telling you it was perfectly innocent. Buffy just came along to make sure I was safe with him.”

“First smart move the Slayer ever made.” Spike needed a new take on this. “How do you know he wasn’t moving on to your best friend?”

“I know.” She said, blushing. It had been obvious which one Ripper preferred. But she wasn’t about to explain to Spike why. “Why are you so concerned anyway?”

“Just looking out for you.” He hedged.

“But why?”

“Well not for the reason you’re thinking. It’s not like I’m jealous or anything. I just hate to see anyone taken in by that poncy bugger.” He was nearly babbling. Just then, he saw Ripper come out the back door. Seeing his face brought back the fury he had felt when he had overheard Giles’ dream. For a moment, he vamped out. Then, shaking his head, his human features reappeared. What could he do to get back at Ripper for leaving him tied to a chair while he went out for a night of debauchery? Willow hadn’t spotted Ripper. “Ah, to hell with it, Red. I won’t pretend anymore!” He announced dramatically. Then he grabbed her by the waist, pulled her into his lap, and kissed her soundly.

Ripper stared at the vampire making out with his new girl on the hood of a really ugly car. Well, it was a groovy car but he wouldn’t admit that just now. “What do you think you’re doing, mate?”

Willow pulled back to look up at Spike but he was meeting Ripper’s gaze. She had sometimes wondered what it must be like to kiss the bleach blond, and now she knew. Wow. It was every bit as good as Ripper’s kiss. Bad Willow! She scrambled off his lap. There must be something seriously wrong with her. She had made out with both Giles. . .er Ripper and Spike in the same night. Vamp Willow would have been proud. Willow was mortified. Next thing she knew she’d be buying leather pants.

“What’s it look like I’m doing, Ripper?” Spike said, pleased with the anger and indignation on the human’s face. “You must be more like Giles than I thought. You need me to explain the birds and the bees to you?”

“Why don’t you get the hell away from my girl?”

“Your girl? How can she be your girl already? You only showed up here tonight.”

“She’s yours?” Ripper scoffed. “She’s not the vampire type. She’s too good for the likes of you. You blood-sucking bastard.”

“And here I thought you liked us vamps. By the way, would you care to explain that a little more to me? I haven’t quite figured out what it is you do with vampires yet.” Though Spike had a pretty good idea.

“Why don’t you come over here then, and I’ll show you? After I’m done kicking your ass, Red and I can have a good laugh for before we sh-“

“I’ve had it!” Willow shouted, shattering their little argument. “You know what? I want nothing to do with either of you. Understand? You’re both disgusting, blond, British jerks. So, you can both stay the hell away from me. Okay?” She marched off in the direction of her dorm, head held high, muttering something about men and how they only thought with ‘one thing’ and it wasn’t their brains.

Spike got up, about to follow her. There were still vampires lurking about, he wanted her to get home safe. She turned to glare at him, but he backed off, shaken by the force of her stare. He pitied any vampire who had the audacity to bother her this evening.

“This is all your fault.” Ripper accused.

“Mine? You were the one sneakin’ out to shag the Slayer and Red.”

“The Slayer? That blond bird is my Slayer?”

“You didn’t even chat them up before you tried to get them in the sack? “ Spike was disgusted.

“I’m only interested in Willow, not Buffy. Why would I want that bit of fluff when I have the beautiful redhead?”

Spike was still hung up on what was said earlier. “ At least I talk to them. My ex was crazy and I didn’t understand her all the time. Well, most of the time. But I always talked to her and I pretended to understand. It’s just polite, y’know?”

“I told you, I’m only interested in Willow.” Ripper said.

“Yeah? Well, she’s taken mate. So back off, alright?”

“Really? I didn’t see your mark on her.” Ripper said slyly.

“How do you know about that?” Then, the reason smacked him in the face. “Bloody hell! You’ve been with a vampire before, haven’t you?” He crowed. The soon- to-be watcher had been giving a ‘how’s your father’ to a bloody demon. The Watcher’s Council would excommunicate him or whatever the bloody hell they did to bad watchers.

“That’s none of your business, mate. And, as I said. . .no mark. . .no claim. The lady belongs to me.”

“She’d rip you a new one, Ripper , if she heard you talking about women that way.” He frowned, he probably should have let the whelp say something like that in front of Red. She’d go off on one of her diatribes about men and how they oppressed women. Then she’d call him a chauvinist. Spike had been on the receiving end of more than one of those speeches. “Haven’t you ever heard of women’s lib?”

“Yeah.” He said defensively. “But-“

”Bloody hell, here comes the Watcher!” Spike pulled Ripper behind his car where they crouched on the ground. “ Tell you what? I don’t fancy spending the rest of the night locked up, do you? It’s been ages since I had a little fun. If you still want to fight we can do it later. Why don’t we go to a bar and get pissed for now?”

Ripper shrugged, not really wanting to fight anyway. “Sure. Why not?” They both snuck off into the alleyway behind them.

“Spike? Ripper? Where did you two run off to? Bloody Hell!” Giles pocketed Spike’s keys, he was far too inebriated to drive or to walk home alone with Sunnydale crawling with vampires. He was having the most wretched night.

Giles had just had to lie to his Slayer to keep her from knowing the truth. Given the nature of time spells, Giles wanted to make sure that hardly anyone knew. He wasn’t sure what kind of implications even the most innocent action might have on the present or the past. There was another reason too. Giles and Buffy hadn’t been that close of late either. She was becoming a young woman, building a place in the world for herself. Giles was afraid that his part in her new life was going to small indeed. He didn’t want to worry her unnecessarily, she had enough on her plate for now. He jogged around the side of the building. “Buffy?” He spotted her retreating form. “Wait up.” She did and they walked to his home in a companionable silence.

*******

Ripper and Spike sat at Willy’s bar. Spike had already drank four real ‘bloody’ bloody mary’s and Ripper had worked his way through five beers. They were by no means drunk, both of them having high tolerance levels for alcohol. Neither one of them had spoken to the other since they had entered the bar. But both of them were calm enough now to talk.

“Look mate.” Spike began. “Its silly to fight like this.” Under normal circumstances Spike would have just torn his throat out. But, with the chip and all he decided to be logical about the whole situation. Besides, Spike kind of liked the brash young man. Reminded him of himself.

“How do you figure?” Ripper asked as he ate a beer nut.

“Well, Red’s her own person. She’ll just choose one of us. We can settle this like adults.” And since Ripper was leaving soon, Spike knew that he was the perfect choice.

“So, may the best man win, eh? ‘Cept one of us isn’t a man a’tall.” And Red was a smart gel, she wouldn’t want anything to do a with a demon. Ripper knew from personal experience that those relationships never worked out. He held out his hand for Spike to shake. They shook hands, in a silent contest of wills.