Second Guessing

Poem Info
41 words
3.5
3k
1
Share this Poem

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jillieb
jillieb
17 Followers

Honorable intentions; an attempt to deceive.
Assistance proffered; an affront to independence
Gentle teasing; a disrespectful insult.
Timely reminders; an endless nagging.
Logical reasoning; an uncaring spirit.
Neutral comments; a heartless judgment.

Misinterpreted.
Misunderstood.
Misjudged.

Ah, daughters and their mothers!

jillieb
jillieb
17 Followers
Please rate this poem
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
6 Comments
lostchickenlostchickenabout 13 years ago
This reminds me...

of my experiences with my nanny. I love her to bits but yip, everything can be a difficult misconception in communicating with her. Feelings are hurt when the aim was to soothe, insults are thrown when the intention was to compliment. Frustration doesn't even begin to describe those experiences sometimes!

Very interesting, very well written and I loved how you could look at it from both sides of the mother daughter relationship.

Thank you so much for sharing with us :)

JazCullenJazCullenabout 13 years ago
I find this...

thought provoking.

It's all about perception and relates directly to the 'mood' of the moment. I also thinks it can be a defination of all kinds of relationships, not just a parent and child one.

I could read this and relate it to my marriage :-) I've lost count of the number of times I've argued with my partner over how I've perceived his behaviour towards me. Where I would attach the negative connotation his intention was the opposite.

Which is why I find this extremely thought provoking and I gave it 5 stars. Thank you Jillie!

Jaz

xxx

jilliebjilliebabout 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks

@twelveoone Appreciate the constructive criticism. Thank you.

* * * *

@bulltlr, I wrote it while I was upset after being misunderstood by my elderly mom.

When I reread it the day after I wrote it, I realized that it also works from the perspective of a middle-aged mom who is upset with a rebellious, young daughter. Was kinda happy about that. :)

Guess it means we can look forward to being misunderstood all throughout life! ;-P

* * * *

@donalde, thanks Don! Appreciate the support.

donaldedonaldeabout 13 years ago
Great poem

was excellent poem

bulltlrbulltlrabout 13 years ago
....

Jillieb you continue to surprise me.... hope I'm not one of those daughters!

Show More