The Cruel Cut

Info
279 words
4.4
8k
0
does not have any tags
Share this

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
veiled
veiled
6 Followers



This poem touches on the issue of female circumcision. Though not common in most parts, it is still practiced in various parts of Asia and Africa. I never knew it existed until I came across an article. What struck me first was the picture of this young girl, possibly only 12, her face was one of pain. Her eyes filled with unshed tears, terror, and pleading for help. I was so touched by that that I wrote this poem. Though I know that she will have to forever suffer in pain because of the events of that day… the day she had to go through circumcision, I pray that no other girls will have to suffer the same pain. This is because, as the article wrote… unlike male circumcision where the wound heals and there is no pain later, the way that the female circumcision is done… the woman will feel pain each and every time her husband is intimate with her. It’s a never-ending suffering throughout her life. I call this poem “The Cruel Cut”

------------------------------------------------

The Cruel Cut

Her eyes staring, unseeing,
Unshed tears glistening those haunted eyes.
Her screams of pain unanswered,
As those around hear only silence.

Pain shoots up her delicate form,
The never-ending pain which lingers on.
But only she screams in rebellion,
As those around suppresses her down.

The agony has just begun,
Marking an end to all her childhood joys.
Because this is just the beginning,
Of a lifetime of sufferings for her!

Her heart and mind cursing this day,
Carving a strong reminder for the future.
“That should there be another She,
May She never suffer the cruel cut!”

--:--
--:--
1.0
veiled
veiled
veiled
6 Followers
Please rate this
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
LeBrozLeBrozover 17 years ago
~~

A piece of raw pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Truly incredible

Brimming with feminist power. I adore your work!

Share this