Two Dreams Ch. 02

Story Info
David and Shasta's first date.
3.6k words
4.82
18.8k
3
0

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 09/22/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Two

***

Yesterday had been like a dream and now Shasta wondered if the whole day was really a dream and if it had even happened. Her first thought had been of David. She lay in bed too long reliving some of the delicious details and lost track of the time. She slept in a short nightie but her now alert body grew to desire David just by thinking about him in her bed. Suddenly her loose short nightie now felt too constrictive as she wanted to enjoy her time just touching herself. She wiggled out of her nightie, and kicked her covers off. Her hands explored her body enjoying the feelings that thinking about David stirred in her. A car alarm outside brought her back to reality and she looked at her clock realizing that she was going to be late on this important day.


***

David awoke with memories of being with Shasta but in the fog of sleep he reached for her and she wasn’t there. They hadn’t even slept together last night but he could still feel her and smell her as if she was beside him. He didn’t need to touch himself to become alert thinking of her but enjoyed touching himself all the same. He tried to think how he was going act today so as not to embarrass himself too completely in front of her, as hiss crush would probably show on his face. He needed to get going to work and to see Shasta.

***

Since the project was new the team would need to meet more often together to get started and be united and get the bases covered. Shasta was surprised to see a group gathered at the conference table and she realized she was later than she thought she had been. She couldn’t let herself get distracted. She half hoped that yesterday was just lust and alcohol and that she’d control herself better today. As she approached the table she hoped there was a seat next to David but he wasn’t there yet.

***

David walked in not really late, not his usual early self. Shasta was just walking to the conference table and his thoughts filled with her to watched her greet her coworkers without her knowing he was watching. He’d have to do that more often. He gathered with the others at the table wishing he could greet Shasta separately but was sure there would be time later. Krystal was there and would still be leading the meetings but since she had other projects to work on as well, wouldn’t be doing any of the research or hands-on work.

The team seemed enthusiastic about what was ahead, and they all agreed that with approval of the Daytolla Elementary School administration it was most important for all of them to visit the school and makes plans from there. They made of list of questions that might need to be asked if they weren’t answered by talking informally to those they met. The Daytolla Elementary School was nearby and they agreed to meet at the vehicle in half an hour to drive together.

***

Shasta got caught up in the conversation until her eyes caught David’s and she couldn’t look away. She smiled and he smiled back at her. She didn’t know how to act around him now and after the meeting returned to her desk in a casual manner. She didn’t know how to connect with David privately but not interfere with his work.

***

Shasta had smiled at him so he hoped he could approach her now and not make her feel uncomfortable. He walked towards her table trying to look casual and asked if he could walk down with her to the van. He was rewarded by her smile and he returned to his desk to organize his things quickly before returning to her and walking out of the room together. He received another smile when he asked, “Are we still on for tonight?”

***

She was relieved and happy he had remembered their date and agreed that they were still on for the evening. He was sure making it hard to concentrate on work. She asked if they could keep the evening casual and just talk, and not do anything expensive or fancy.

He looked surprised at her request and she wondering if she should take it back when he responded, “I’d enjoy that. Can I pick you up?” She needed to be sure her plan was fine with him so she asked, “Why did you hesitate, did you have other plans?”

***

Her idea to keep the evening casual was a surprise to him. He was used to women enjoying being spoiled to the full and was usually the one asking for casual dates. She seemed purposeful in her request and that touched him that she wanted to get to know him. He responded, “I would like to spoil you sometime, but I agree that we’d be more comfortable being casual this evening.” They agreed to meet at a family diner with great food and friendly waiters.

He was surprised when she then asked, “I’m not real sure how to act around you at work. Is this something we should talk about?” He was glad she was honest enough to bring it up, and hadn’t even wondered about what others would think yet since his thoughts hadn’t thought of much but Shasta since yesterday.

He replied, “I don’t think anyone else needs to know yet that I find you irresistible, and I hope we can both do our jobs. I won’t worry if you don’t spend your time with me during the work day as long as I get you to myself this evening.”

***

His answer put her at ease, and she wondered in her mind how long it would take for others to notice, that is if the relationship even made it that far. They were almost to the car and he turned to her and said, “You were my first thought this morning and I’m glad we’re still seeing each other tonight. Last night was special for me.” She didn’t know how to respond and was saved from responding by others calling to them and distracting their attention. He was putting words to things she wasn’t ready to say to him yet but certainly enjoyed hearing. She was at ease now, feeling comforted to know yesterday wasn’t a dream, but also safe knowing he wanted to be with her tonight. She rested in this and was able to concentrate on work the rest of the day -- at least most of the time.

***

David felt out of his comfort zone and just followed and listened as Shasta and others asked important questions and as they meet the administration and toured the school. He still was distracted by Shasta’s close presence but also absorbed all the new information he was receiving about the fire, the buildings, the administration. He took notes especially on things that would concern the computer room. David was used to his comfortable lifestyle and well-paid job and was astounded that there were students day in and day out attempting to learn in these poor conditions, only made worse by the fire that took the few resources the school possessed. While driving back to work he let himself drift to thoughts of what he could do this evening to make it a special time. He understood she wanted it to be casual but he could still make it special. He wondered what she would enjoy doing?

***

Shasta’s day passed quickly but not without frequent thoughts of David. She tried to not think of the evening ahead. Usually her dreams of how things should turn out in her head led to expectations being disappointed. She was looking forward to the evening but forced herself to think of her job. While there was cleanup to be done first, she felt that there was a lot of research to be done before any rebuilding or training or purchasing started. She hoped others would want to be in charge of the clean up, computers and building so she could focus on researching the set up, books and procedures needed to run a good library that both students and teachers would enjoy.

***

Besides a few words here and there Shasta had seemed so involved in her work, David hadn’t talked to her at all. She was busy at her desk when the work day ended and he decided not to distract her although he was a little jealous. He had in mind something she might enjoy after dinner but would need time to find the right place and he left quickly to make plans.

***

Once Shasta realized that the room had quieted down, she realized that she was late and should get home. Once she cleaned her desk and thoughts of schools and libraries seeped out of her full consciousness, thoughts of David started seeping in and she started to get nervous. The day had been comfortable and no problem, and as she drove home she wondered if the evening would go the same way? She stared at her open closet, choosing one outfit and then another. As she showered, she relaxed into the water and let herself touch herself like she had that morning in bed, feeling her senses come alive. She used extra soap and circled her skin more times than was necessary for just cleanliness. It was David’s hands and lips she imagined.

***

David waited outside the door for her with a bunch of wild flowers- he’d resisted the more expensive, more romantic roses to fit the casual theme she had chosen for the evening. She pulled up and didn’t see him at first and again he watched her walk. He enjoyed watching the smile fill her whole face when she saw him. So... maybe he wasn’t the only one getting in deep. He couldn’t resist a kiss but forced himself to make it quick. She looked great in just her casual jeans, and white embroidered shirt. The shirt was not especially tight but he could easily tell the size of her breasts, large, just the way he liked them. He hadn’t anticipated a date this much in a long time and he could feel his pulse rising as he looked into her eyes.

***

She was sure she had blushed when he had whispered to her, “You’re dressing casually doesn’t make me want you any less. I think you look beautiful.” These compliments were breaking down her defenses quickly, especially combined with the way he looked to her. They had been thinking alike and he had also worn jeans. His shirt was a football jersey and she blushed again when in her thoughts she imagined him playing football in the backyard with their son. She warned herself to slow down and keep expectations low. She realized they were just standing there staring at each other and she turned towards the door. She led the way into the restaurant, collecting her thoughts. They were seated at a corner booth and she pulled out the menu knowing it took her a long time to choose, so she better start looking at the menu right away.

***

He followed her into the restaurant and watched her walk, enjoying the view. This woman could lead him anywhere, he thought, and he would follow. Even to meet her parents. That’s how good he was feeling about being with her. Whoa, he needed to slow these thoughts down. She had asked for casual and he couldn’t give her any indication yet that his feelings were growing quickly. He casually looked at the menu as Shasta did.

***

Shasta was surprised he put his menu down so quickly. “Did you pick something already?” She asked. He had found his favorite food, lasagna, on the menu and just decided on that. “I wish I could choose so easily. I spend forever making choices.” She glanced over the main dish menu again. He told her to take her time, and she relaxed and soon found a new chicken dish she would brave.

***

“See I wish I tried new things more often.” He said. She had trouble with this family restaurant menu. Imagine how long she took in the cereal aisle, he caught himself thinking. The thought of them shopping together made him smile. He relaxed. They placed their order. They briefly talked about work, which led to sharing stories of their own Elementary schools while they ate. He poured them wine, and then another glass. He loved that she laughed at his jokes and even childhood anecdotes. He felt like she really listened.

***

She liked that he could make her laugh easily. She loved her chicken and she was even more pleased when they tasted each others food. She explained, “That’s why you should always order different things, so you can sample the other food and get a bonus.” Then it was his turn to laugh at her quirk.

He replied, “So I need to get used to sharing my food, do I?”

“That’s the fee for seeing me again,” she winked.

“Such a low price for such a valuable evening! I feel I got the better end of this bargain.”

Why did he say these things? Her heart was melting with the wine, conversation, laughter and compliments. She would need to get home right after dinner so as to clear this guy, David out of her mind for a while. They finished eating and Shasta was disappointed that David said no to the dessert menu. He asked if she was ready to go. She agreed, but was sad he was ending the evening so early, which was silly since she had just told herself she needed to go home.

***

David started getting worried when Shasta started saying good night at the door and thanking him for dinner. “But, I don’t want the evening to end, Shasta, I had something else planned,” he spoke quickly before she could turn away. Did she want the evening to end? He shouldn’t pressure her.

***

She opened her mouth to say she planned on an early evening, just like she had decided in her mind, but those weren’t the words that came out. “No, I don’t want it to either, you just seemed eager to get going. What did you have in mind?” As the words tumbled out she realized that if David was a magician she had been caught in his magic spell. She couldn’t walk away from him. She also knew she should have said that she would drive her own car and follow him. But she didn’t say those words either, she said instead, “Let’s just drive in your car and save gas.” Saving gas was not what was on her mind. She followed her magician to his car and climbed in.

***

“You’ll have to wait and see, it’s a small surprise.” He now felt nervous about whether she would enjoy his surprise. He was pleased she wanted to drive with him. It meant she trusted him already at least to some degree. He didn’t think he’d get her into his bed tonight, but that wasn’t the goal. As she sat beside him in his own car, thoughts of driving her straight to his place and making love to her did cross his mind. He didn’t follow through on the delightful thoughts though and instead hoped he could remember the roads he drove earlier today while trying to find the place. He pulled up and hoped he’d made the right decision.

***

Shasta was a bit surprised that he pulled into a seemingly empty parking lot. Sure, she had lustful thoughts of necking like a teenager with this man but she had hoped for something more. When he got out of the car she slowly did too. He came around to her side and put out his hand to her. She took his hand and loved how her hand felt in his. Hers smaller, his bigger, fingers entwining. Through the dark she was starting to make out an empty baseball pitch in front of them. He took her across the pitch and as he eyes adjusted to just the few lights around them she realized they were in a park. She had never been here before. He lead her to the children’s playground, and she looked a little confused.

***

Her hand fit in hers. He hoped they could take many walks holding hands like this. He was glad there were a few lights around for him to find the playground area of the park. When he saw her confused look, he explained, “Well, you said you wanted it casual, so I thought we could just swing on the swings and be kids again. Maybe it will help us in our jobs at the Daytolla Elementary School. Well, at least help us fit in.” He pulled her over to the swings and let go of her hand. He stood behind the swing welcoming her to sit. She sat down with a silly grin on her face, and he pushed her.

***

Shasta had thought her evening couldn’t get any better but now it did. What a great way to relax. And a great excuse to feel his hands on her body. She pulled her legs up under her. David was doing all the work and she didn’t even need to pump herself.

“Is this okay with you?” He asked.

“This is way more than okay. This is great.” She responded. They didn’t talk while he pushed her and she felt peaceful. He stopped pushing her and she was going to get up to push him but he told her to stay seated. He took the swing next to hers and sat down. She was so relaxed she was getting sleepy. She reached out her hand not wanting to be separated from him even by the space between the swings.

***

Now he was sure she was responding to him. She was trusting him in the car, in a darkening park, touching her more and now she was reaching a hand to him. A very good sign. He gladly took it and he pushed his swing gently so they were swinging and holding hands. He was getting tired from a busy day but things were going so well, he didn’t want the evening to end. He thought he could get more than just a hand hold from this woman who was stealing his heart. He stopped his own swing but pushed her swing away from him. The swing swung away but then back towards him like he planned. He grabbed her swing so she wouldn’t swing back which brought their bodies close and he kissed her. It wasn’t the most comfortable position but a good start. He got caught up in the kiss and the swing swung away from him, sending Shasta the other direction. He didn’t worry because if she was swinging away from him then she would soon be swinging back.

***

Shasta enjoyed the kiss tremendously and wanted to explore some more. She wondered how bold she should be in moving in on David? She felt her body stirring and wanted more. She gave her swing a push so it would swing close to David again, their kiss was short before she swung away again, but they caught another kiss before it swung away a third time. Before it swung back one more time Shasta got up her courage. She stopped her own swing from swinging and stood up, walked towards David’s swing. She put her hands on the chains of the swing, stopped his swinging and leaned into him to give him a kiss.

Unfortunately, she leaned towards him and as she leaned it caused David to lose balance on the swing and he fell over backward, falling the short distance to the ground. His legs were still up on the swing and he looked a little dazed.

“Oh no, David, I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” Shasta quickly asked before getting on her knees beside him. She felt terrible and awfully clumsy. This was supposed to be romantic, not painful.

***

Well, he was certainly being swept off his feet. David saw Shasta’s expression as he slowly slipped off the swing. She felt so bad so quickly, he wondered how she’d feel if he really got hurt. Maybe he could pretend for a moment things were a little worse than they were. As she knelt beside him, he closed his eyes and moaned, and she did what he hoped she’d do. She leaned even closer, he could tell from her concerned voice getting closer. He opened his eyes quickly and before she could move he grabbed her with his hand pulling her down. He raised his head to meet her lips for a surprise kiss.

***

He was in trouble now. He had taken advantage of her concern. She came up for air and said, “Next time I’ll remember that your head is as hard as stone and you don’t need rescuing.” Instead of getting up and walking away, she moved closer. She slid one leg over his body so she was sitting on his chest. She put one hand on each side of his head, and lowered herself hoping for another fantastic kiss. She got the kiss and it was better than her imaginings in her dream or her showers.

***

He hoped that she would rescue him many more times. If this was foreshadowing for what it would be like in bed, he was even more ready for it than last night.