Urban Life Circa 1976

Story Info
The sex life of a group of medical researchers.
7.9k words
3.73
52.9k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ned parked found a parking spot a block or so away from Cynthia’s apartment building, on a side street that would conceal its presence unless someone were looking for it. He didn’t want to park in front of the building because his wife sometimes came home from work that way and if she saw the car she’d wonder what he was doing and then figure he was visiting Cynthia.

He was visiting Cynthia, to whom he had been introduced by a guy who knew her from Madison, where Ned’s father had lived for many years. Cynthia knew Ned’s family name right away and also had met his older half-siblings along the way while growing up there. She had moved to Washington about a year ago, after the breakup of a brief marriage, and was working as a medical researcher at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda.

Ned knew she got home around 4:30 because she started work at 7 in the morning. He crossed the lobby of her stylish building and waited for the elevator. On it, he checked his hair and straightened his belt in his khaki pants. His loafers needed a shine.

Ringing the bell at her apartment door, he waited.

“Who is it?” she called. Ned told her. The door opened. Cynthia stood there wrapped in a bath towel, with another around her head holding her wet hair.

“Good timing, pal,” she said. “How do you manage it? I thought you weren’t coming until six.”

“Couldn’t wait,” Ned said. “I’ll just watch you get dressed.”

“Come on in the bedroom and talk to me.”

He followed her across the carpeted floor into her bedroom as she shook off the towel on her head and sat at her dressing table aiming a hair dryer at her long, dark brown mass of hair. The machine went on just as Ned was about to speak.

“What’d you say?” she said loudly over the noise.

Ned mumbled something and smiled at her.

“What?” she said, even louder.

He moved his lips again and she finally turned off the dryer, looking slightly exasperated.

“I couldn’t hear you.”

“I asked if you would hurry up with your hair so we could fuck.”

“You did not,” she said, laughing her throaty laugh. “I would have recognized that word on your lips. It’s very distinctive.”

“Well, it’s what I was thinking, anyway. Hurry up.”

“Just make yourself comfortable. I’ll be there in a minute.”

The machine went back on and she continued to draw her brush through her hair. Ned took off his clothes, putting them neatly on a chair. He went up behind Cynthia and touched her neck and shoulder with the head of his erection, which could be seen in the mirror. He made the slit in the end of his erection open and close and leaned down to Cynthia’s ear.

“You know what he’s saying?”

She smiled at him.

“You little rascal,” she said.

“No, that’s not what he was saying.”

“I know,” she said, “what was he saying?”

“Hurry up and let’s fuck.”

“Pretty original,” she said. “He must have learned it from you.”

Ned turned and went to the bed and pulled down the covers, propping two pillows against the headboard so he could prop himself up and watch Cynthia. Her dark hair was getting drier and fluffier and had a nice sheen to it. Cynthia was a pretty woman, a little overweight but in a way that made her voluptuous and sexy. His wife was very slender and although she had large breasts she didn’t turn him on the way Cynthia did. Cynthia also liked to dress to kill, which she did in what Ned thought was a sophisticated way – not slutty, but if you knew what to look for, the signs were there.

And unlike Marty, Cynthia just loved to fuck.

They had flirted at a party over the holidays. While talking, he suddenly and uncharacteristically said he wanted to fuck her brains out and she called his bluff, daring him to go into the hall bathroom with her right then and prove it. He looked around, couldn’t see Marty, and headed straight for the door. She followed him. Inside, door locked, they clenched. He was kissing her and she said, “If we’re going to do this, we better move fast.”

He pulled back and said, “How do you want…”

“This way for now,” she said, and pulled her skirt up and her pantyhose and panties down around her ankles. She turned and leaned over the low counter next to the lavatory and said, “Go for it.”

He dropped his pants and underwear he rubbed his erection up and down. She was wet and he just slid in. She felt wet and hot and he loved the feel of her chubby ass against his thighs.

“Uhhhh,” she said. “That’s… nice.”

He was looking at her reflection in the mirror over the lavatory. She had her head on her forearms and was pushing back against him. He took hold of his cock at the bottom and moved it up and down and to the sides to get a feel for her cunt. He slipped easily around inside her.

“Your cunt is huge,” he said.

“Yeah. Do you like it?”

“Absolutely,” he said. “I like it so much I think I’m going to shoot in about five seconds.”

“Give it to be a little longer than that, will you? We just got started.”

He concentrated on thrusting into her and felt her hand move to massage her clitoris. He noticed her warm anus pushing against him and thought about it.

“Do you like it in the ass,” he said.

“Yeah, but not this time… just do it like this.”

And there they were, humping away, Ned watching his tie bob up and down in the mirror and Cynthia turning her head back and forth as she manipulated herself while they fucked. Soon he was rising and she could tell and she touched him as he was sliding in her and then he came, gushing out as he pushed hard into her.

“Don’t move,” she moaned, and continued her touching herself. Then she was coming, too, and he felt her contract nicely on his cock as it was buried in her.

They began to separate, Ned feeling a bit weak in the knees, and he grabbed some toilet paper to wipe himself and gave some to Cynthia. He moved to the side and Cynthia backed up and sat down on the toilet.

“Mmmm,” she said looking up at him. “Lots of nice come in there.”

“Really,” he said.

Then she started to pee and in another minute she was put back together and had fluffed her hair and put on lipstick. He turned out the light and opened the door and saw the way clear so he motioned her to leave. Then he closed the door and relieved himself, flushed, washed his hands and opened the door.

In the hall were two couples leaning against the wall and chatting and as far as he could tell were oblivious to the fact that another person had come out of the bathroom only a short time before. He wandered back towards the living room and the bar.

So began their liaison, and now it was early Spring and they were still at it and even getting a bit smug. They usually met up when she got home from work and occasionally at other times – Saturdays during the day when he would be out running errands or riding his motorcycle, sometimes in early evenings if his wife had a late night at work or a meeting.

She turned off the hair dryer and stood up, turning to him with a Vaudevillian wave of her hands and said, “Ta-ta!”

Then she walked to the bed and climbed up on it and nestled her face and hair in his neck as she reached for his extended cock.

“You know what I want,” he murmured.

“No, really,” she said, and lowered her mouth onto it. He lay back and stroked her hair and shoulders and closed his eyes. Cynthia’s tongue and mouth were busy and he knew he wouldn’t last long, but that was all right since they had some time.

“Um, okay, you fat slut,” he said, looking down at her head moving on his cock. “I’m gonna shoot.”

“Mmmmmm,” she hummed, and he started. She caught it all in her mouth and swallowed it and licked him off, looking up to him.

“We’re fast today.”

“I think it was watching you dry your hair. Move around here.”

He moved down on the bed and put one of the pillows under her chubby hips and rear. When she was settled he lowered his face to her and began licking. She was already wet and began to squirm under him. He held her full thighs and bored in, making circles around her clitoris and then sucking on it and her lips, feeling her soft pubic hair on his cheeks.

“Good boy,” she said as he continued on her, and then she was writhing under him and he continued as he put a finger on her rear and pushed in. That put her over the top and she moaned, holding his head into her cunt and sliding up and down on his face. He loved it.

When she had relaxed a bit he pulled the pillow out and propped himself next to her at the headboard.

“Now that we’ve got the preliminaries out of the way,” he said, “we can see what else might happen.”

“Mmmmm,” she said, again cuddling next to him. “You sure know how to zero in on a girl.”

“I’m glad you find it enjoyable,” he said. “You taste just great, you know.”

“Mmmm,” she said again.

Lying there, he recalled that once a former boyfriend of hers had come to town and she had forgotten to tell him, and it was like the guy was invading Ned’s turf. Cynthia was amused that he was jealous, but she told Ned all about their minor escapades during his visit and made him very excited as they were together the first time after the man had left. She also told him the old boyfriend wasn’t as good in bed as Ned, which Ned knew was probably more a political comment on her part than anything to do with the truth. But he didn’t really care in the end and actually got her to tell him more about her previous sexual experiences as they were fucking.

Cynthia had managed a remarkably active sex life, in the style of the 70s, and Ned, who thought he was pretty well experienced in that regard, found himself a bit in awe of her lack of inhibition. A conversation led to the idea of having sex with other people, something he had never done but she once had alluded to, and they began to whisper to each other during their lovemaking about how they would go about it and what it would be like. He wasn’t sure such things occurred in the Washington area, but he knew he was probably a bit naïve about it.

“It occurs among friends,” she told him one afternoon after they were spent and lying on her bed with late afternoon sun streaming in and a big elm tree outside her fourth-floor apartment swaying in a warm breeze. She lighted a cigarette and sat up straighter on the bed as he caressed the inside of her thick thigh.

“Do tell,” he said. “How do these friends meet.”

“They just do, I guess. I think there are some groups going on at work I could find out about if you wanted. We’d have to be careful, though.”

“I don’t think I or we have much connection to that world,” he said. “Other than you, I don’t know anyone who works there, or ever has.”

“Well, if you want, I can see.”

“I don’t care, but do you want to.”

She poked him in the stomach.

“You lying little shit,” she said with a laugh. “You’d fuck my 70-year-old neighbor down the hall if she offered it to you.”

“Well, it’s not nice to turn a lady down. And somehow I don’t think you’re very opposed to it yourself, madam.” He touched her with his fingers where she was still wet.

She went on to describe colleagues of hers she believed were involved. They sounded to Ned like nothing more than a bunch of randy doctors, nurses, and spouses. He knew a lot went on in most medical schools.

They didn’t say anything about that for the next few times they met, and then in one of their afterglow sessions she brought it up.

“I’ve found out about one of the groups at work you might be interested in.”

“One of `those’ groups?”

“Exactly. They meet on Fridays at the Navy officers’ club at NIH and then go on to someone’s home for the evening.”

“Sounds interesting.”

“That way you can see who’s there and whether you want to go out with them that night.”

“Sounds very sophisticated.”

“So do you want to try it.”

“We’d have to see which Friday it was so I could figure out a way to be out.”

“Well, you do that and let me know. It could be a bust, you know. Not every Friday is primo couples time.”

“I understand.”

Then he began fingering her again and before they knew it they were locked in copulation. He whispered in her ear.

“It would be so hot to watch you fuck someone else while I played with myself.”

“Me, too,” she said. “I’d like to watch you. Or maybe both of us getting it and holding hands.”

“You’re a great fuck, you know that,” he said.

“I guess so,” she said, “I certainly do it enough to have gained some experience.”

“Who do you fuck at work.”

She began telling him of a few of her encounters at NIH.

“Any females,” he asked.

“Only once, the wife of a guy I was fucking. She caught us at it but didn’t care and just took off her clothes and got in bed with us and started sucking my tits.”

“While you were fucking.”

“Yep.”

“That must have been pleasant.”

“I think it shocked the guy more than me.”

“I can see that.”

On his way out the door he said he would let her know about Friday night.

The next day he learned his wife was planning to get together with some of her colleagues from work to mark the end of a long project they had been working on for months. He asked if she would mind if he went out himself. She said of course not.

Friday afternoon came and Ned called Cynthia to make sure things were still on. She told him where to meet her and where to park at NIH to be near the Officers Club, and an hour later he was in his car going bumper-to-bumper out Wisconsin Avenue to the NIH complex. About 5:15 he finally found a parking place and walked inside the club, where he told the Navy enlisted man he was a guest of Cynthia’s and he found Ned’s name on the list.

“I think Dr. Nelson and the others are in the main bar,” the man said.

Ned followed the noise and found himself in a large lounge with sofas, Scots carpeting and pictures and trophies around the walls. At the other end of the area was a large island bar surrounded by men and women in uniform and civilian clothes, and as he walked towards it he saw the top of Cynthia’s head at the far end. He made his way through the crowd and came up to her.

“Traffic,” he said.

“I know, silly. You should have left earlier. We’ve been here since 4:15.”

“I guess I’d better try to catch up. You look luscious, by the way.”

“Why, thank you. I kind of like this outfit myself.” She was wearing a loose silk blouse and a shapely dark skirt with moderately high heels, and her usual collection of gold jewelry.

He was able to order a drink and had his arm around Cynthia as she was talking to a man about their age introduced to him as Charles, a colleague in the research labs. Nearby were other men and women, mostly 30 and up, all apparently familiar with each other and enjoying themselves. Ned whispered in her ear.

“Seems like a nice bunch of people. This would be an appropriate group, I assume.”

“They are, actually,” she said, “and, yes, although some are nicer than others.”

“Sort of like life.”

He felt a hand at his crotch.

“Now, Cynthia.”

“Hey, I’m getting horny standing so close to you,” she said.

“You get horny standing next to anything with a cock.”

“Are you up for this? I think there’s going to be some action pretty soon.”

“Sure. That’s why we’re here, isn’t it.”

“That Captain over there’s wife is out of town for the weekend and I think he’s going to invite everyone to his house. It’s not far away.”

“You’ve been there before.”

“Sure. He has parties all the time. Nice guy, too, but he’s getting transferred to San Diego next month and everyone is going to miss him.”

“Well, here we go then,” Ned said.

“Looks that way,” she said, looking up at him and kissing him on the cheek. Her lips were warm. He squeezed her slightly ample midriff and pulled her to him.

“I’m almost hot enough for a bathroom event before we leave,” he said.

“Me, too, but it will be more fun if we wait. We can play in the car.”

“Should we take both cars.”

“I came out on the Metro today so you can drive me.”

“Great,” he said, “always thinking.”

“That’s what research investigators are paid for,” she said.

“You know, I think you’re right.”

Cynthia turned to Charles, who had just got another drink.

“So will you be coming,” she said.

“I guess so, if the Captain’s offering.”

“I give it another five minutes before he invites us. He’s just finishing his third martini.”

“Is that the clue.”

“Yep,” she said, and poked him in the ribs. He jumped.

“Hey, what was that for.”

“Like you didn’t know,” she said.

Charles smiled.

“I think I need to check on Sarah to see if she’ll go.” He turned and moved away.

“So how many times have you fucked that guy,” Ned said.

“Whatever do you mean. I only have eyes for you,” she said, touching him under the chin.

“I know, but how many times.”

“Just a few, I think,” she said. “He’s very nice but he’s not terribly exciting in bed. Certainly not like you.”

“Poor Charles.”

“He does all right. Sarah is his secretary and they’re both married and they fuck all the time.”

“Ah, the medical research biz. What a life.”

“You have to do something to keep it interesting,” she said.

Soon there was a quieting of the group at their end of the bar and they looked over to see the Captain, in his summer white uniform with short-sleeved shirt and epaulettes with four gold stripes, holding up his glass.

“Well, folks, drink up,” he said. “Next stop is the Captain’s quarters.”

It seemed a ritual to Ned, so he said, “Hear, hear.”

The Captain smiled at him and tilted his martini glass and drank.

Not long after, Cynthia signed the bill and they were in his car moving along with other cars to get back on Wisconsin Avenue. He felt a hand on his thigh.

“Now you’ll see what will happen,” she said. “Sometimes it starts right away and sometimes it takes awhile.”

“I hope I won’t be seen as an inhibitor.”

“If you are, I’ll just start sucking your dick in front of everyone. That usually loosens things up.”

“I would imagine so.”

“There’s a woman I work with, Linda, who likes to get naked and get off really fast with some guy, and then walk around with a drink getting tanked and watching other people. Sometimes she leans in and kisses the man or the woman or both. I saw her one time licking a guy’s cock as he was fucking a woman.”

“Wow,” said Ned.

“Didn’t spill a drop of her drink, either.”

“A real pro.”

“I’ve given it some observation.”

“I’ll bet. Is there anything you haven’t done.”

“I’m sure there is, but I can’t think what it might be right now.”

“You’re such a warm and friendly person.”

“You better believe it. That’s what those cold Wisconsin winters do to you.”

“And the University of Wisconsin.”

“You’re just jealous.”

“You’re right,” he said.

They were moving a little faster in the traffic and came to a major intersection, where they turned and followed along until it became one of the winding roads in the palisades above the Potomac north of Washington. Finally there was a smaller street and they turned in and found a place to park. There were already several cars in evidence.

“Pretty nice area for a Navy officer,” Ned said.

“I think his wife has some money. He’s been stationed here forever so they probably bought a long time ago.”

They were out of the car into the warmth and walked towards the house, which was a good-sized Tudor in a slightly irregular shape with what looked like a pool in back and large old trees everywhere.

“This is nice,” he said.

“Reminds me a bit of Madison, in fact. Including the humidity.”

“Will there be swimming.”

“Probably after it gets darker. And there’s a hot tub.”

“Oh, goody,” he said.

They rang the bell and a young Navy officer opened.

“Hi, Dr. Nelson, come on in. The Captain’s changing out of his uniform.”

“Really, Sam, are you trying to impress my friend Ned here?”