Super Friends With Benefits Ch. 04

Story Info
Graduation and meeting the parents.
7.3k words
4.61
16.9k
10

Part 4 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HLD
HLD
2,967 Followers

do you have a few minutes to call? Stacey's text read.

I stared at my phone. It was a typical Tuesday night at my apartment, which meant watching The Voice and an episode or two of Chopped before bed, so it's not like I had anything important going on.

sure. what time? I tapped out.

5 mins

Exactly five minutes later, my iPad buzzed with a group Facetime notification.

Stacey popped up in one window, Alex in the other. From the familiar items in the background, she was back in her off-campus apartment. Alex was in his office at work, apparently putting in some extra time.

"I did it," Stacey breathed a sigh of relief. "I came out to my parents."

"How did that go?" Alex asked, concerned.

"Pretty well, I think," she took a deep breath. "I don't think my dad is happy about it. He's the more conservative of them."

"What about your mom?" My brow creased.

"I'm not sure she likes it, but she didn't fly off the handle. I think she's more hung up on the fact that you're both white than one of you is a woman. She thinks black girls should only date black guys."

"So you told them about me, too?" Alex asked.

"I did," Stacey looked away. "I figured I'd get it over with all at once. Although I didn't tell them about Inanna. I think that may have given them a heart attack."

"Baby steps," Alex smiled knowingly, although if she came out as a bisexual person in a three-way relationship to parents who had no idea what was coming, that was more of a leap than a step.

"I guess it's a good thing my car is in my name and they've already paid my last semester of tuition and the lease on this apartment." She looked exhausted, emotionally and physically. "I need a drink."

"We're here for whatever you need," I said, watching Stacey go to her kitchen and pour herself a large glass of wine.

"Tell me you love me."

"We love you," Alex and I said in unison.

"Graduation is on May ninth and I'd like you to come up," she said. "And my lease expires at the end of the month, so I have to figure out what I'm going to do."

"Would you like us both to come up for graduation?" Alex asked for confirmation.

"Yes," she replied after taking a large gulp of wine. "I'd like you to meet my family. They're not perfect, but they're good people."

"Of course," I began scrolling through my phone trying to see if I would have to trade shifts or request leave to get time off around that weekend.

"You know we will." Alex was doing the same thing. Whatever went down with her family, Alex and I weren't going to let Stacey face it on her own.

"But before that, I thought we could get together for spring break," Stacey said. "It's the second week of March."

"I thought you had a trip with your girlfriends planned," I said.

"I can bail on that," she said quickly.

"Are you sure you'd rather spend spring break with us? You're only young once."

"Yes, I'd rather spend spring break with you. It's killing me to be apart like this," Stacey frowned. "And I'm horny as hell."

"You're the one who gave up dating at college," Alex laughed. "Your abstinence is a choice."

She stuck her tongue out at him and winked.

"You're welcome to come down here and hang out. I'm shorthanded at the shop right now, so I'll probably have to work a couple of days, but we could go over to the beach or see if we can get tickets to Disney or Universal."

"I just want to be with you," Stacey sighed. "Mallory, do you think you can come down, too?"

"I can probably get a few days off. Maybe not the whole week," I said. "Not if I also have to take time off in May for your graduation."

"We'll take whatever time the Air Force will let us have you," Alex said. I smiled appreciatively.

Our call ended not much later. Stacey needed some reassurance, but seemed like everything was going to be okay.

The next few months passed quickly. We got together in March for Stacey's spring break. I had news of my own.

"I got my orders for next year," I said as we sat outside on the roof of the building which had Alex's auto shop on the first floor and his apartment on the upper level. It wasn't in the best area of town, but he owned a fair-sized lot which was surrounded by a high barbed-wire fence for storage of cars in the queue and a large garage.

His apartment needed some work, but was spacious and reasonably furnished.

"So..." Stacey asked excitedly.

"A friend of mine from Wright-Pat is at MacDill now and pulled some strings for me!" My lovers jumped into my arms and we hugged excitedly. "I report there on the first of July."

"That's great!" Alex wrapped me in one of the bear hugs he learned from his mother.

"That's not all." They stepped back and looked at me expectantly. "I also put in to be transferred to the Air Force Reserves."

"What does that mean for us?" Stacey asked, unsure of what I meant.

"It means that I only have to report for duty one weekend a month and probably a couple of weeks throughout the year. I might also be called back to active duty if they need me," I said. "I don't know if it will go through, but I'm hoping they'll let me out of my active duty commitments."

"What does that mean for you financially?" Alex made a face.

"It means they won't pay off all my student loans from medical school. I will have some debt I have to take care of myself," I sighed. "But it's not like I'm going to be destitute. I'm a doctor and if I'm smart with my money, I can pay them off pretty quickly."

"So what does that mean for us?" he pressed.

"Scenario one: I stay in the Air Force for two more years. I'll have to rent an apartment in Tampa and can come up to visit with you on weekends or when I can. It's what?... Two hours, tops, right?"

Alex nodded.

"I might get sent TDY to Germany or England for a couple of months at most, but when I get out in two years, my student loans are paid off and I go into private practice. Florida is God's Waiting Room, so it's not like finding a health care job will be hard."

Stacey and Alex both laughed.

"Scenario two: The Air Force lets me out and I serve the rest of my time in the Reserves. I'll have to see if they'll still cover some of my loans, but if not, I get a job doing strip mall Lasik and pay them off. Then we can see where this relationship goes."

I looked at my companions and saw them processing my news. Both of their faces broke into wide smiles. But I suddenly felt my mouth go dry, and my pulse quickened.

"My question for you two is: Is this what you want? Is whatever we have here something worth pursuing? I can't go back to being friends with benefits with either of you."

Alex saw me start to panic. He wrapped his strong arms around me. I leaned into his chest and began to cry.

"I couldn't handle it if you left me," I whispered. Stacy pressed her body against me and Alex.

"We're never going to leave you."

"Promise me!" I wailed, although I knew deep down that I would never hold him or Stacey to it. But the insecure little girl inside me needed to hear the words.

"We will never leave you, Mallory. We promise."

That was the night our relationship became real, and not something that was long-distance and hypothetical. We actually had the beginnings of a concrete plan.

Then, once my crying fit was over, we had a celebratory three-way on the roof.

****************

Alex got a direct flight from Orlando to Cincinnati. I picked him up at the airport and we drove to meet Stacey's family at their home in Franklin, which is just south of Nashville.

We checked into our room at Aloft near Music Row and dropped off our stuff, then drove down to meet our girlfriend.

I fidgeted nervously. Alex drove my Accord sedan. I only had to remind him one time that if he got a ticket in my car, I was going to take it out on his ass. I'm not sure if that was a threat or an incentive, though.

They lived in a giant McMansion out in the suburbs.

"Maybe we should have let her pay for dinner at that restaurant in Atlanta," I said as we pulled into the driveway.

Alex snorted and parked behind a big BMW SUV. "Deep breath. Everything is going to be alright, Mal."

"I know," I sat there for a second, mentally reviewing all of the scenarios my overthinking self had generated over the last month, then opened the door.

Stacey ran out to greet us, her breasts bouncing enticingly with each step. She threw herself into Alex's arms first, then mine. I don't know if she was making a big show to anyone who was watching or if she was just happy to see us.

Her parents followed, not quite as quickly.

"I'm Carter Saunders, you must be Mallory and Alex." Stacey's father extended his hand to each of us. He was a portly man with a deep, friendly baritone voice. "This is my wife, Alecia."

Stacey's mother gave us polite, but non-committal hugs.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Saunders," Alex said.

"Carter and Alecia, please," Stacey's mother said. "We're not formal around here."

They led us into the house, where several people puttered around. Stacey introduced us to everyone. I had been briefed on who was who, but I'm bad with names, especially when I'm nervous. Alex remembered everyone, of course.

We were greeted warmly, although curiously. No one seemed to know where to start, and that included us. At least until a loud, unsteady voice called out at a volume which could probably be heard in Kentucky. "Is that Stacey's girlfriend and boyfriend?"

"Yes, Mama! This is Alex and Mallory!" Stacey took us by the hand and led us over to where a slight, diminutive woman sat in a plush armchair. The room fell silent.

Her hair was grey and thin. Her skin weathered and wrinkled. She had coke-bottle glasses and sat hunched over with fingers crooked from arthritis that twinged with a slight essential tremor. And her smile lit up the room.

"This is my great-grandmother, Cecily. Everyone calls her 'Mama'."

"Everyone calls me 'Mama'," she said, probably because she needed to turn up the volume on her hearing aids. Or she was just deaf.

I reached out to take her hand and leaned in close. "I'm Mallory."

"It's so nice to meet you, Mallory," Cecily seemed like she was shouting, but to her, it was normal volume. She strained to look at me through her glasses. One of her eyes was clouded over from cataracts. "Stacey has told us all about you. Are you the doctor?"

"Yes, I am," I said.

"Maybe you can get my grandson to go see someone about that knee."

"Mama!" a man across the room sighed. "There's nothing wrong with my knee."

"He says there's nothing wrong with it, but he hurt it in Iraq and the VA won't help him."

"I'll see what I can do," I promised, and looked over to the man, who just shook his head. I stifled a laugh.

"You take care of Stacey, ya'hear?"

"I will, Mama." Looking over at our girlfriend, I saw her trying to hide behind Alex. I snickered and winked at her.

"Where's the boyfriend?"

Alex stepped forward and took her hands. "I'm Alex."

Cecily reached forward to touch his face. "Oh, you're a handsome one, I can tell. You're a lucky man, Alex. Stacey is my favourite great-granddaughter."

"She says that about all the cousins," Stacey said at a normal volume, which meant she thought Cecily couldn't hear her.

"You two make Stacey happy." This time it seemed like she was intentionally projecting, as if to get the attention of everyone within earshot. "I may be blind, but I can hear it in her voice. She lights up when she talks about you. Some people may not be comfortable with you three, but she's happy and that's what matters. And I know you'll take care of her, and she'll take care of you."

"Thank you, Mama," Alex squeezed her hands.

"What do you call it? A 'throuple'?"

"How do you know that, Mama?" Stacey asked.

"Your dad watches that show 'You Me Her' on Netflix," Cecily said completely without a filter on the words that came out of her mouth. "I wish I had another wife when I was your age. Maybe your great-grandfather would have been all over her and let me sleep at night."

"Jesus Christ, Mama! Really?" someone swore. Some of the others stifled giggles.

Cecily just cackled. I laughed despite myself. I instantly loved this little old firecracker. She was nothing short of an agent of pure chaos.

I was happy she was on my side.

With the ice broken, and the law laid down by a hundred-and-two year-old black woman, the rest of the family opened up to us as well.

Alex and I finally met Stacey's brother, whom we heard so much about at Dragon Con, but never saw. Apparently he only left the Warhammer tables when they closed the gaming room for cleaning.

He was quiet, but polite. In the tour of her house, we got to see his painting studio and impressive collection of tabletop wargaming models. Some of his cousins gave him a friendly ribbing about his gaming habit, but we could tell it was from a place of love. We "ooh'd" and "aah'd" over his models even before we found out he had won actual cash prizes for some of his paint jobs.

The Saunders family threw a hell of a dinner party, and it was partially for our benefit. We got some looks because Alex and I were a blond and a redhead, but I think also because we were older by a few years.

We both had good jobs and they knew we had met Stacey in a place where we all had mutual interests, so we had that going for us.

Carter and his brother also spent a lot of time talking with Alex about cars. They owned a series of dealerships in the Nashville area, selling everything from Nissans to Kias to Chevys to Audis.

"I started out at fifteen sweeping the floors at the Buick dealer. Not long afterward, I was changing oil, then brakes and transmissions, and then engine swaps. I went to another dealership and they let me start selling cars. Now, we've got four different locations and we have three hundred people that work for us," he said proudly as we sat down to eat at the table in the dining room with Alecia and Stacey.

The ribs and brisket they had started roasting in a pit in the backyard the night before was fall-off-the-bone perfection.

"I wasn't around as much as I should have been for Stacey and Eric," he frowned. "I spent a lot of time working so they wouldn't know what it's like for the only food they got was the free breakfast and lunch at school."

"You were always there, Daddy," Stacey said softly. "Mom was, too."

He reached across the table to take my hand and Alex's.

"I don't know that I understand what you have going on," Carter admitted frankly. His honesty was uncomfortable and genuine, but not accusatory and there was not a trace of recrimination. "I don't know that I ever will. I don't know that the Lord approves or that society does, either. But I do know that I'm just a man who is a sinner, and I can't condemn another person when I'm not a saint. And like Mama said, I know you make Stacey happy. I just ask that you take care of my little girl."

Alex and I exchanged a surprised glance.

"We will," I promised. "She makes us both better people."

"Thank you, Daddy," Stacey got up from her chair to give her father a hug.

And that was the end of that.

When we arrived, we were cautious about showing affection, both with Stacey and each other. We were never all over each other, but holding hands and quick kisses became commonplace. I don't think anyone gave us any sideways glances.

Alex, of course, fit right in. With company, he's friendly and outgoing and gregarious. He has those boyish good looks, is in peak physical shape and his smile can thaw out even the coldest of people.

After dinner, he was throwing a football around the backyard with the cousins and the adults who didn't have knee problems.

I sat and talked with Stacey's mother, aunts and of course, Mama. They were interesting and fun, especially once the wine came out.

"Damn, Stacey, that is one fine man," one of the women said as we watched Alex playing outside through the big bay window looking over the back yard.

"Back off, Aunt Hailey," Stacey laughed. "He's Mallory's and mine."

"My birthday is October third, so if you want to get me something nice, I'd like a date with him," she winked at me. "I bet he'd rock my world."

"And don't tell Uncle Paul?"

"Your Uncle doesn't have to know."

Stacey just giggled. "He'd rock your world, Aunt Hailey. He'll ruin you for anyone else."

Alex headed towards the back door, and the women shut up and tried not to look like they were obviously ogling our boyfriend. I smiled inwardly at all of the jealous bitches.

He stepped through the door and almost ran over one of the younger kids who wasn't looking where he was going. In one fluid motion, Alex scooped the child up in his arms, flipped him over and started tickling him, drawing a string of joyous staccato giggles. Another young cousin then jumped into Alex's arms, looking for attention of her own.

He set the kids down before the point that the tickling made them pee, and went over to the cooler by the door to pick out a bottle of water. He noticed us staring at him. I winked.

Stacey got up from the table and went over to him. She lifted herself up on her tiptoes to plant a kiss on his lips.

I could tell he was resisting the urge to reach around and grasp her by the ass, but he didn't. The kiss itself was only marginally appropriate for a public display of affection and Stacey seemed to be going out of her way to rub her bountiful rack up against him.

Stacey's aunts whistled and snickered. Alex just smiled and went back outside. Stacey gave him a smack on the backside on his way out the door.

"That man is going to have some gorgeous children," Stacey's mother said with a wry smile from behind her glasses. "I hope you're ready to make me a grandmother."

"Mom!" Stacey's eyes got wide.

"That's right, Stacey," Mama called from across the table, making is evident to me that she was neither as deaf nor as blind as she wanted people to believe. "I need to be a great-great-grandmother before I die."

Everyone laughed, including me. Stacey sat down in the chair to my left. I reached over and wrapped my fingers around hers, partially to judge the reaction of Stacey's family and partially because I needed the reassurance that she was close by. No one said anything about it, and we went back to gossiping.

In short spurts, I like being around people and being social. But there is a timer in my head, and when it goes off, I need to not be around a lot of people I don't know.

Alex knows when it is, and after the sun started to set, he made an excuse that we had to get to the hotel and get settled so we could leave.

Stacey asked us to stay at her house, but I told her that the three of us wouldn't fit in her double bed and I'm sure her parents didn't want us banging their daughter's brains out under their roof. We gave her tender kisses, and hugs to everyone else.

On the drive back to the hotel, Alex left me alone to sit quietly and play on my phone.

Once we got back to our room, he went into the bathroom and drew a hot bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub.

"That went better than I thought," he said as I settled back in his arms under the scalding hot water.

"I was surprised," I admitted. "I guess it helps they've had a couple of months to stew on this before we showed up."

"We'll find out how serious they are about accepting us in a year," Alex kissed my cheek. "They'll show their true colours by then."

"Inanna should show up at graduation tomorrow." I was only partially kidding.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Alex sounded serious.

"She doesn't have to stay in the closet."

"She's not in the closet," he said firmly. "I am out to the people who are most important to me. If Inanna went to visit Stacey's family tomorrow, it would be only to shock them and make this weekend about me. We're here as Stacey's guests, and this weekend is for her. We've already drawn enough attention. I don't plan on living my life in the closet, but I also don't need to beat people over the head with my queerness just to get a rise out of them."

HLD
HLD
2,967 Followers