All Comments on 'A Strange Arrangement Ch. 01'

by nageren

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
DrmaxcDrmaxcover 9 years ago
Realistic

Very much written as it might be in reality. No change of tone from downright reluctance whilst lying back and thinking of England (or in this case the good ol' US of A). It will be interesting to see how the strange arrangement develops in Ch. 02. It is not obviously erotic at present!

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 9 years ago
What an intriguing start

I really enjoyed this low-key beginning and I can hardly wait to find out where things are going in this story. I noticed that this is your first story submission, and the quality of your writing is quite excellent. Welcome to Literotica, please have five stars with my good wishes -- and please bring us Chapter 2 soon!

SamanthaSatineSamanthaSatineover 9 years ago
enjoyed..

enjoyable read, interesting plot, see where the two go..

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
As the others have said

A good realistic beginning and very enjoyable.

Look forward to the next chapter.

Ariel69Ariel69over 9 years ago
Great writing

I really enjoyed your style of writing and the build up. Really made me want to know these characters more and see what happens next in the next chapter. Please continue...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good start

Although, I really dislike Gina right now. Andrew is showing more patience than I expected in a noncon story. I can't wait to see what happens next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Realistic

Which given the subject matter is hard to do. Well written, good characters... I'm looking forward to chapter 2!

Pinkpeony101Pinkpeony101over 9 years ago
Interesting premise ...

... I look forward to reading future chapters.

Thank you.

nagerennagerenover 9 years agoAuthor
from the author

Thanks everyone for your encouraging feedback. For a first-time author, that is especially motivating. This wasn't submitted as a non-con story, but I guess the reluctance theme in this chapter was too strong for 'erotic couplings.' The next 5 chapters are in the queue and 4 more beyond that have been outlined. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy future chapters!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
ditto

n, I have to agree with the other commentators that this is an above average first posting to this site. Do not let yourself be talked out of following your own inspirational vision.

Good attention to background details. Your characters are developing funny and sad personalities. The dialogue is believable and the sex is realistically amusing.

You have a well-developed writing style and created an interesting variation to the usually tedious efforts that are listed in NC/R.

The choices of categories on the Literotica site are rather capricious and lack finesse. Like the voting system and other obsolete nineties trope.

Many of the admin details are fossilized as this site is basically a carrier for its advertisers. Who are no more capable of keeping up with the times than most other entrenched corporate drones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wating...

for more - fresh concept and characters - much appreciated

DM

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well done

Well done nageren. Nice story, very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I loved it but wow is Gina a bitch, haha. I mean..she accepted it so I dont really think she's entitled to still be so high horsey about it.

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 9 years ago
Nicely done

Very interesting premise, nicely done. I agree with others that Gina doth protest too much (I'm not gonna call her a bitch :) ) I'd love to see this evolve into a blazing romance, but that's just me. Looking forward to future chapters.

mountaincat4mountaincat4over 9 years ago
Look at it this way

Gina what's your problem? Quit feeling sorry for yourself that you are in a similar situation to millions of people (billions if you count the whole world) who have to do something you don't really like in order to survive. You've got a dry, warm place to sleep, something to eat and at least a part time job. Plus you have somebody who is, at least so far, sober and non-abusive to have sex with. Oh, and cable and a DVR. The other word for this arrangement is marriage. The only difference is you can itemize your benefits instead of having them bundled together with a gold ring on your finger. Would you really feel that different if you'd had an insanely expensive wedding, a five night honeymoon in Panama City and a house in the suburbs with a gigantic mortgage?

Kudos to you for writing from a female's point of view. Keep up the good work.

LustKnightLustKnightabout 9 years ago
Gina does come off as a bit of a bitch.

I mean, "I accept your terms for the arrangement, and now that I'm involved I'm going to complain and try to make it as unpleasant for both of us as possible." Come ON.

Yes, it's weird as hell. That's why you're getting a free ride out of it, more or less. =/

Still, well written and showing promise - looking forward to seeing how this develops, hopefully with her building a bridge and getting over it. XD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
a very clever story

I've just finished this series and decided that I had go back to the beginning to say to new readers: this is good, this is very good. Stick with the slightly slow start and you will be well rewarded. Just be prepared to put your life on hold until you have read it all.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
POV

I find it interesting the number of commentators bitching about Gina being so Bitchy towards Andrew. Very clever introspective writing by the author.

However consider it from her Point Of View. She has screwed up her life without figuring out what the hell she is trying to accomplish.

And, just like everybody else, (you and me included) her character refuses to take responsibility for her bad choices.

Plus a young woman, in a strange town without a support network to look out for her safety issues. At least Gina's character is written smart enough to be afraid. If not emotionally mature enough to deal with a serious relationship.

And finally, the issue, the mystery over Andrew's wife. Would any of you put yourself into such a position of potential trouble or even legal liabilities? Without seeking some sort of confirmation, of what the hell is going on?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Breaking my silence...

I read a lot of stories. Many of them are here.

This is the first story I have found worth commenting on. This is the first story I have found worth going back and voting on. Every chapter is worth a "5".

Read it. It is worth every second.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Riveting and intriguing. Great and believable (thank God) charter development.

Of course Gina has other options. She has family for Christ sake. And there are many options for destitute struggling women, including charities and government programs. But that would ruin the plot. But choosing the live in prostitute option (that's what it is, at this point) demands she has a very high level of pride, and a very low level of self-respect and self-esteem. And maybe she's not too intelligent. Getting a useless college degree reinforces that possibility (over 4 years, had to cost someone many thousands of dollars; what a waste). So I'm very curious if you extend those traits into the plot. Doing a presto-chango character shift will be so disappointing, and predictable for amateur authors. So far well done. Thank You.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Fascinating Opening Chapter

Good development of characters. Really, she could get into the spirit of things...

After all he has done everything right. The conflict over what constitutes sex is interesting, Her view is that her role is that of a prostitute, but there are a lot of women doing prostitution with a better show. Doesn't she want to keep her employment for more than a month?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
one of the best

Great writing style, sparkling humore, first class erotica...perfect story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

...and language you use...oh my god, its awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
grim

Not even remotely erotic, what a sad fucker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a disgusting woman

I hope she becomes a nicer person in later chapters

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 7 years ago
Sad

I feel so sorry for the poor man. He's so down he's willing to put up with her to get sex that can't be any better than masturbating. How desperately lonely is that?

I'd almost begun to feel sorry for her, but she volunteered for the job knowing what it was. Even though her circumstances were bad it doesn't entitle her to be a bitch to someone who'd done nothing to harm her or create her situation. She's responsible for that.

bliss_maebliss_maealmost 7 years ago
Wow!

This was refreshingly unusual. I'm as uncomfortable as they were but I still can't wait to see what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Counter point - Gina is amazing actually.

You've written a very believable woman who's been dealt a shitty hand in life. She's obnoxious to Andrew, if course she is. Because the guy is just a creep, and she's desperate.

Too many writers would have made the sex enjoyable the first time, and I'm so glad you didn't. It really adds some much needed realism. Great job.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
sex for board an room

Actually I had a friend many years ago, he had a young boy. He hired live-in sitters to take care of him a and clean. Always wound up sleeping with them after a month or so. Did this more than once in the time I knew him. Sex for Board and room? Not that far fetched, after you get to know them of course. Interesting where this might go. Good writing, keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I have often wondered how often something like this occurs. More often than I would think. Contrary to what other commentators have declared, I think her reaction is spot on. She's pissed at herself for doing this so of course she isn't in the mood. He just thinks this is an open and honest way of having sex. Great beginning and I look forward to their growth together. You get a five from me!

MissykatetiMissykatetiover 1 year ago

The story was realistic and captured my attention. The woman was a bitch and did not deserve his civility.

Syra_panSyra_panabout 1 year ago

I really like how she does not just roll over for him and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the parts. She is believable, and so is he.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

Great start, very believable characters.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

Having read all the chapters I am back to add this story to my GOAT folder and say this whole storey is one of the finest I have read. The writing is excellent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernageren@nageren
1070 Followers
I try to write realistically- describing believable people in plausible situations. None of the characters is "me," but many of them represent aspects of my personality and history. My hope is that, as you get to know my characters, you will find yourself thinking-...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES