All Comments on 'Chords that Bind Ch. 07'

by poeticlicense91

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
CUSpacecowboyCUSpacecowboyover 9 years ago

This was hard to follow, you kept switching to different names

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 9 years agoAuthor
I don't want to be confusing!

Is it switching between surname and first name that is confusing? Or is it that the narrative voice follows multiple mindsets? Either way I'll try to fix the confusion in the coming installments. Thanks for the feedback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Intriguing As Always

That was another incredible chapter, and I can't wait to see what happens next!!! I'm so curious about what happens with Cecilia now, and just exactly what Ashton plans to do. I can see how some would perhaps find the use of both first and surnames a little tough to follow, but personally I had no trouble keeping it straight. All in all, this was another fabulous update, and I am waiting with baited breath for more! 5* from me, obviously! Please, don't make me wait too long!!!

All The Best!

Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanover 9 years ago
Very Good so far

Question: Will James rescue Cecilia? I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 9 years agoAuthor
Next Chapter

@Phil: I've already submitted Chapter 8. I was hoping to have it up on Christmas, but I think it should be up soon... So you'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't want to spoil the next chapter. Happy Christmas!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well done!

Switching between surname and first name is both irritating and confusing. Otherwise very well done thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Re: first name v surname

Switching between the two is not a problem, as long as it is not over done or done randomly. Which you use can convey respect, distance, familiarity, over familiarity/contempt or a host of other levels of interact between people. Which you use, the situation and any possible descriptors can do much to set a tone or advance parts of the plot.

I had no difficulties with how it was done here.

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenover 6 years ago
Damn!

I was rudely awakened to a totally different Lace than I had visualized. As soon as you gave that short description and increased the degree of his accent and colloquialisms, my visual changed completely. It was interesting to acknowledge that to myself. It shows, what a wonderful gift you have in your writing. Your words create specific images for the reader...some not so attractive!

I take back what I said in a previous comment about Lace. Looking forward to what comes next.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous