All Comments on 'A Taste for Christmas Cake'

by taiyakisoba

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
craigywidnescraigywidnesabout 9 years ago
Nice story

Love the story. Would love to see them in a follow up having a Japanese wedding and having kids maybe finding out Mie has a younger sister who is over 25 and wants to try her older sisters man.

sailandoarsailandoarabout 9 years ago
Very . .

. . nicely done. Thanks!

JamesRTickitJamesRTickitabout 9 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable

As well as the story is written it was also fabulous to learn some more about Japan.

I enjoyed the story and the things about Japanese life.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wanted to like it more

Nice scenario. Sex, of course. Well written, too; but oddly not very erotic.

erotikoserotikosabout 9 years ago
Nice job!

What a compelling, well-written story! I quite enjoyed it and gave it five stars. Do keep up the good work and write more. Sayonara!

dirtyomandirtyomanabout 9 years ago
Yes A 5*!!

I don't give 5 stars often. I don't read storys longer than 2 pages. Haa Haa, well I did this story, & I gave it a 5, because I enjoyed it soooo much!! You did a beautiful job when you wrote this. Thank You very much. I hope you will post more storys of this caliber.

NeoDiotimaNeoDiotimaabout 9 years ago
very nice read. Thank you

So, I don't expect to read interesting ideas here at Literotica, but your following passage caught my mind:

"...so yeah, Japanese people don't really have an ego as such," I said, warming to my subject: cultural differences between the East and West. "For us, it's all just superego or id. Superego when we're at work, id when we're at play. Whereas you guys are always policing everything you do or think, even in private. I mean, that whole guilt thing. I understand feeling guilty if you've done something wrong, but why should you feel bad about something you might do? Or something you're just fantasizing about doing?" I took a sip of my drink. "Haha. You can tell I'm a psychology dropout, right? No money in it. Everyone in this country just bottles everything up or hits the bottle."

Interesting. Is this actually a representative idea of Japanese culture, or simply an affection of this particular character?

SmutolSmutolabout 9 years ago
worried look

Japan culture sure is hard to understand to sometimes.

Problems, lots of Japan wording hard to understand, would be good to plant some kind of advice at the start of the story that the content is quite heavy on Japanese culture and wording.

Some disturbing thoughs come as through the story the male character seem to be named more and more a "kid" and beying questioned whether he is old enough to be able to order a simple drink. Usually U make the male shy and passive but here hes one step farther. Hes constantly crying and cant seem to be able to even drink properly as U even make him spill the drink while drinking. Again that harpy story character was more real to me. He was simply a man overpowered by more powerfull creature, that later got used to her and after even more time fallen in love ( if u can call it that way). This situation here does not look convincing to me. The female side narrator is interesting, looks very detailed and full of thoughts that make me think U are much older than i thought U to be initially :) ( or maby someone helped U with that female thinking part?).

Strange. The overall behaviour of the male makes me sad. I dont see emotional pull between them. The female sees him as fragile, shy, weak and inexperienced male ans she is simply attracted to that. It looks more and more as the female uses him. After all that she looks to me as sexual predator fiesting on the weak and maby even damaged, borderline underage males. I dont see it as nice. Label statutory rape pops in my mind more than 1 time reading this, more even since the female herself is worried of the male reporting this afterward to someone ( police?). Sure the male is said to be older but he never gives any sign of matutity, posing as that kid, or boy as he is named so many times (cant even wear a tie properly by himself, has no idea what hes email is assuming hes old enough to have one).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Definitely Enjoyed

I really liked this story. The character of Mie was so well written, and her thoughts really got me emotionally invested in her. At the end I wanted him to call her so much, and her reaction when he did got me a bit flustered. I love when things have a happy ending.

I also really enjoyed the sex scene. Sometimes people can go a bit over the top and put way too much in, but this was great. Just the right amount. The heat of the moment passion was here, and it was very good to read.

A new favourite of mine

IamGnuHereIamGnuHereabout 9 years ago
Very Enjoyable Read

I really enjoyed the pace of the story. And the awkwardness between the characters. Would love to read the follow up to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderfully touching

In all the years I have been reading submissions on this site, I believe this is the first time I have commented on a story. This was simply wonderful, tears were streaming down my face when I finished reading. Cross cultural interaction, internal and external dialogue, and the torn feelings on both sides, all drawn so carefully. Thank you for a really a wonderful story. In the end I was left thinking, who wouldn't want this Christmas Cake, at thirty-three, or at fifty-three? She has so much self-awareness, and above all traits, that is the one to be truly treasured. (Comment from a middle-aged male ex-pat living in Europe.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A thoroughy delightful read

Learned a lot about Japanese culture from a fluent writer who entertains her readers with an amazing and refreshing sense of humor. Did a second reading of this one today and found it equally as delightful as the first reading. Found it odd that the authoress confides that Japanese consider 33 as "middle age" - we Westerners figure a gal is middle age after 40. At 33, Mieko would still be a "spring chicken" in my judgement. Sure hope taiyakisoba does a sequel to this Christmas Cake piece Mieko seems to be the right cure for her young charge's affliction, which Hawaiians would call Lak-a-Nuki.

mterrencemterrenceabout 9 years ago
Brilliant

Seems your stories are bringing something out of me I didn't even know I had. Lucky boy. Wish more women were like Mie! You're such as good writer, and so prolific, too... Please, don't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I smiled but...

....it reminded me too of how older women are made to feel ugly in Asian society, and here too, often. I went out for quite a while with someone from Korea who was in her mid-fifties, five or six years older than me, and it took ages for me to convince her that she was beautiful, elegant, and extremely sexy. It's nice for people to be modest, but sad if they start to obsessively denigrate themselves. Good luck, Mie!

(Very well written, too.)

fantasiahottiefantasiahottieabout 9 years ago
Love this story!

Would love to see another chapter showing that they indeed are both equally attracted to one another and that she is preggers!! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Natsukashii

This story brings back fond memories of a different, but similar experience from decades past, in a Japan that no longer exists. I am in awe of your talent. Thank you.

searchingforperfectionsearchingforperfectionabout 9 years ago
Very good, but...

I don't have a problem with the woman being as aggressive as she is, but I think you overdid it with the "kid." I think it would have been better had he been uncertain rather than naive, overly polite rather than bashful (she's his boss), and upset rather than devastated by the end of his three-week-long "romance."

It would be natural for his awareness of the "work" side of their relationship, and for his uncertainty about current Japanese cultural norms, to force her to take the lead.

I know that Japanese culture has gone through some incredible upheavals in the last 50 years, so whatever he might have learned in school might have been out of date. I worked for a Japanese company, and saw both hearty handshakes and status-affirming bows.

The restaurant scene made me very hungry, especially the oysters. I haven't had Japanese-style fried oysters in a long time.

LaRascasseLaRascasseabout 9 years ago
Well written as usual

Particularly liked the use of colloquialisms and Japanese terms which enhanced the feel of the location and characters. 5 stars as ever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very Enjoyable Story

This was very enjoyable. The tension between her desire and professionalism was almost palpable. I think your use of the term kid when she was thinking of him at times does fit the story line and served to underline her inner dialog and thought process as she found herself attracted to the young man. To me, it also seemed to add tension to her decision to take him as a lover with her eyes at least partially open to the gulf between a persons 20's and 30's. It would be nice to visit this couple again in literotica's Romance section.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story!

Please make a part 2 or a continuation of this character!

L O ReinsL O Reinsover 8 years ago
Terrific

A great story. Not the usual whack-a-wank

but one ripe with imagination, technique,

and most of all heart. I'm a fan.

L O R

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The most favourite writer in Literotica

As said b4, i am great fan of ur writing.the way ur gemale characters are awesome :)

SPARTAN047SPARTAN047over 8 years ago
Reckless, like humans.

The plot between the characters did seem as if they were just seeking comfort in each others' arms due to loss, but I loved how it turned out. :)

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
loved the interaction of the cultures and personalities

I confess to using google translate on a few of the words and phrases I didn't remember. but they contributed to the nature of the story. well done.

Chapter 02 could be the next lesson as she teaches him the art and skill to appreciate " Christmas cake sweet enough to eat even after the 25th."

MadJustinMadJustinover 8 years ago

That was great. You know, New Years is coming up...you should write a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
fantastic

This is still my favorite story on this website. You must write more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Indecisiveness ... ?!?

Really great story. And totally beliveable, I mean, usually you don't really read beliveable stories on this site, but this one? This one could've happened for real! It seemed, no, it FELT so real!!

Anyway, the only thing that felt weird was what you called "indeciseveness": I mean, it didn't seem like that to me, not at all, not even once. It was more like he didn't know the language, the culture, and the places. Being indecisive is totally another thing, that's more being "ignorant" ... If you act like a know-it-all when you lack even the most basic knowledge, you would seem like a total fool. Or a huge jerk.

RioRedKingRioRedKingover 7 years ago
Delightful

Wonderfully well-written

lowkeyonelowkeyoneover 7 years ago
WOW

What a fantastic, informative ( I guess your explanation of the culture was true ) , well written story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent writing.

Extremely enjoyable and well written. I enjoyed as well going on the web often to get expansions on Japanese terms, clothing, and cultural and social practices. The sex was never overdone as is mostly the case on this site. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Let me eat cake

Many years ago, as a young Marine, I had Christmas Cake and didn't even know it. Very nice lady that taught me a lot. Thank you for this wonderful story. Hope you add a second chapter one day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story

Good story...

I've enjoyed this relating to the male character even though this is told from the woman's perspective...

I've always had a submissive side and likes an aggressive older lady who initiates and takes control.

Really enjoyed the writing...!

Archangel_MArchangel_Malmost 6 years ago

I would dearly love to take a peek into their relationship a year or two down the line, see how they've both grown as individuals and as a couple. <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More

I've easily read this 100 times is love a sequel a year or so later. Maybe her meeting his parents or engaged. Shed be endearingly worried

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lovely, Ending seemed sudden

I really truly love all your work, but this story is the only one I am tempted to give a less than a 4 star rating. The ending seemed too sudden. In my opinion you didn't develop the romance enough. Main character goes from thi king her relationship with the boy is a mistake to crying when he finally calls here in only a couple of paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Loved it!

This story delighted me! I fervently hope we see more stories from you featuring these two characters!

ElderBard51ElderBard51over 4 years ago
Excellent story. Superb writing style

I read this story over a year ago. Now that I've become a member and can search and submit myself, I've added this to my favorites. Your story telling technique and style are similar to Chloe Tzang. Like Chloe, you weave delightfully long and detailed stories. Your story is worthy of being re-written as a movie script. I'm sure Santa Claus would love to see the full production. Word has it that he not only loves cookies and milk, but he's an ardent cake fan! Mrs Claus constantly has to scold him for not brushing out all the cake crumbs from his beard. Again, enjoyed your story, and Merry Christmas in advance!

Curious_EdCurious_Edover 3 years ago
More cake?

That was a very well written story, and the characters are very believable. I do hope that you’d consider writing another chapter of their story.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusabout 3 years ago
Great Story

Well Written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
what a beautiful story!

sensual, lovely, well written story - I really would like to read more of this tale.

great job, gave it 5 stars!

finegoldwinefinegoldwinealmost 2 years ago

Love Christmas Cake. Well written. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sweet & wonderful

6*

Tc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am sure there would be lots of tears if this tale had more chapters.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I live your story very much. I am loving your writing style too. Well done.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[21.12.22]

Rush Day!

Very Kawaii!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not my cup of tea but I still had to rate it 5 ⭐️ stars.

Bill S.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Humble youth would owe his manager best efforts. All the time. Honor demands it!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I really like Mie. Her train of thoughts, her insecurities and her decisiveness. I would not mind more Mie stories at all.

lust_lover45lust_lover457 months ago

I loved this story! The characters were very well-developed and relatable; the story was well-paced with an intense climax and beautiful conclusion. I also enjoyed all the little details about Japanese culture and the contrast with American culture. Well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertaiyakisoba@taiyakisoba
1793 Followers
Back in the game writing monstergirl, fantasy and sci-fi stories. My favourite themes are gentle femdom (think valiant female knights rescuing young men in distress!), yuri (Japanese-style romanticised lesbian fiction) and older-woman, younger-man relationships. I hope you enj...