All Comments on 'Heisenberg's Principle'

by legerdemer

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
blin18blin18over 9 years ago
Lovely

If the purpose of poetry is to make people feel something different - even if just for a moment - then you have succeeded admirably. I don't mean that ironically or as faint praise, it really was lovely, thank you.

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerover 9 years ago

Nicely done, legerdemer. Using scientific concepts metaphorically I think is a real challenge. Not so inclined myself, I had to look them up. In today's Internet world and cyber poetry, that's only a click or two away. That's not a problem PROVIDED that the rest of the piece is well crafted. This is.

The first stanza felt like I was opening a textbook, which set the tone for me right away. In that regard, I'm wondering what would have been gained (or lost) if "Heisenberg's principle" was the first line? Nothing perhaps; just a thought.

Nice alliteration; not overdone IMO. Saying less is sometimes more. The 5th stanza with just 2 lines compared to the others, although of course they're short too, gave emphasis nonetheless to the image for me as I read it.

The last stanza was intriguing; the female counterpart to Pygmalion perhaps?

Very imaginative poem.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
HOW DOES ONE HOLD A DREAM

to receive satisfaction. TK U MLJ LV NV

todski28todski28over 9 years ago
well done

GM basically says it all, thanks for sharing

Tio_NarratoreTio_Narratoreabout 9 years ago
A wave from a cave to a forest...

or would Berkeley give truth to Plato's lies?

Beautifully stated, legerdemer, the uncertain shadow that falls between the ideal and the realization.

Thanks for the metaphor...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous