All Comments on 'The Case of the Sneaky Valentine'

by ScattySue

Sort by:
  • 267 Comments
acupacupabout 9 years ago
Well done!

A lovely story that brings a tear and a smile. Wonderful to see from a true woman's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I've just read 3 pages...

And I know the story is going to be great. The premise is magnificient, humorous, and really sweet :) Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
oh yeah

here's to a story that could just as easily have been in the romance section.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I've never felt the need to post a comment on a story, but this brought a tear to my eye. I curtesy to you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I seldom read anything over 3 or 4 pages. WELL DONE!!!

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
A most excellent romance

Sue, another terrific accomplishment from your keyboard. Delightful cast of characters. A realistic fantasy of erotic and familial love.

I like how well you balanced believable dialogue between the mature women and the pre-teen girls.

This plot is a shrewd Life Lesson that failure at a prior relationship does not have to be a prediction for the outcome of future attempts to knit strangers into friends and friends into lovers.

paulwest1950paulwest1950about 9 years ago
A Great Story

To be perfectly honest, this is the first story, of this length that I have ever read on Lit. The title of this story intrigued me. The story is a bit long, however, it is well written and conveys true love. Congratulations on a well written story.

vggirl08vggirl08about 9 years ago
Beautiful!

It was beautiful and made me cry a bit!!!! :-)

1handslapping1handslappingabout 9 years ago
Excellent

I don't get peoples insistence on shortness, much prefer people to give characters room to stretch and breath

mirrabookamirrabookaabout 9 years ago
Well written, thoroughly enjoyable

I very happy that I decided to read your effort, I enjoyed it thoroughly, Good luck in the competition; I think you have set the bar at a challenging height.

LcnmdLcnmdabout 9 years ago
Bravo!

Bravo Sue! The first of your stories I've read is one of the bst I've ever read!

You even made me cry in the end, thank you so much for all of your skill and lovely writing!

L

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
bloody...

lovely -always a sucker for true love and a happy ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Beautiful!

An amazingly beautiful love story. You've done a great job breathing life & love into this tale. Deep, emotional, intimate, really wonderful. Please keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Truly wonderful

A very well written story of what falling in love is really like.

Thank you for sharing it with us and please keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A really well done love story

It was a very well done, erotic, great love story! Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Casey 1988

I love the work. You should win the contest with this story.

kiwiloverkiwiloverabout 9 years ago
Outstanding

Quite simply one of the best stories on the site. I'm a fussy reader and seldom give five stars, but every page held me entranced.

A delight to read, a beautiful love story, perfect grammar and fabulous characterisation. If only others were half as good.

Well worth the 12 pages and a late night - it would have been criminal to split this into chapters as it is very hard to avoid including a sex scene in each, which would have spoiled it.

Thank you so much for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love!

My favorite story I've read on this sight.

markellymarkellyabout 9 years ago
Great...

When I got to the bottom of the first page I was pissed that you hadn’t broken this into two chapters. By the time I had finished this story I was sure glad you didn’t. I’ve read every comment before mine and they have used all the words I would have used to convey how I felt once I had finished reading this story.

You have a talent and with a great deal of luck this site will enjoy it for years to come. Loved the story and look forward to reading more of your work.

Thank you for posting this even though it was for the competition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great

A fantastic story line. The best I have read. Very well written. X

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
AMAZING STORY

Standing ovation! I loved every single word of it and the way you built the story line!

ringill98ringill98about 9 years ago
Excellent ...

... as always, you do romance very, very well.

On the other hand you have now wiped out my Sunday morning!

NC22371NC22371about 9 years ago
Very sweet

Loved the story for the slow build up of their friendship and Sarah's reservations. The sex was OK, obviously not a large part of the story, but I still loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Beautiful story, beautifully written.

A beautiful love story very fitting of Valentine's Day! While I spent more time with the tablet today than I intended, it was worth every minute!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderful!

A tender, sweet, beautiful love story. I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow! Sue, _ Very Nicely Done!

A well written beautiful, romantic lesbian love story. With a little who done it mystery. "?" It is a very enjoyable story to read, thank you.

Gay Kat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
omg # 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

dear writer of the BEST story on here

although I love your other stories, this by far is your BEST

BEST,BEST,BEST (I have said best haven't I )

thks sue, you made us all cry and jealous at the same time, for anyone would love to be in this story!

I stand in awe

warmly

carrie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
It looks GREAT!

This one is so good that I just had to have a copy of it for myself !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I have never rated or commented on a story before, but this is by far the best one I have read on this site. It was long, but worth every word. Are you going to write about their wedding in a part two?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Whoa

Best Lesbian story EVER!!!! MORE!!!

Arago007Arago007about 9 years ago
Very special!

I loved this story and will likely read it again and again. I'm a sucker for romance and HEA so this hit all my soft spots. Nice buildup, believable conflicts, awesome characters in Sara and Zoe, equally impressive was the development of Chloe and Tina -and Sarah's parents. No relationship exists in a vacuum, so adding these elements made the story so much better.

5 stars - I hope you win!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
love the twin

Hi! Love the story & fall in love with the twin. Such a warm story that is suitable for valentine day. Thank you!

redlion75redlion75about 9 years ago

i so knew who was going to be the sneaky valentine 3 lines into the story.i mean who didnt see it coming that the hot chic would be it and not the wierdo sitting there smelling his own feet? no i am just kidding it was totally awesome story telling i was pulling for the vanilla dimple girl though.

redzingerredzingerabout 9 years ago
Favourite of the competition so far, by far

As per my note on the forum thread, this is the best I've read in this year's competition.

(The only bit I didn't enjoy was the memories it brought back of commuting into Central London on over-packed and crowded SW Trains, and spending far too much time standing at Vauxhall. *shudders*)

Good luck!

Tx

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uabout 9 years ago

I so love a good story and this one is great! It makes you FEEL excited and wish someone would be so creative in showing an interest in you; Conflict - yes, no, maybe; people you can identify with - the twins are adorable, clever and smart; struggle and opposition especially from love ones is hard; and finally a resolution, and I love a good ending. This is a lengthy piece, relative to most stories posted on the site, so grab a favorite drink and a snack cause by the end this will be one of your favorite stories too. Happy reading

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story!

It's very sensual and romantic. Truly believable and heart touching.

Hope to see more of these characters in your future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Perfect!

This was such a great and loving story.

I enjoyed every bit of it. (Although it took two days to read it all....Bit longer than most)

The characters were all so believable and relatable.

I wish I could give it so many more stars than five.

I'll be looking forward to many more stories from you like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Beautifuil

A fa ulous story_ so well written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow

Incredibly well written and powerful. A sense of true emotion unlike anything I've read here. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved your story...

Great storyline! I just couldn't put my tablet down until I was finished. Can't wait until your next piece. Keep up the good work. Good luck in the contest.

diverinnhdiverinnhabout 9 years ago
Beautiful Story

I have been reading stories on here for quite a while, and I have to say that this is by far the best I have ever read. Beautifully written. Great love story and chemistry with the characters. I hope to read more of your work. Thank you and good luck!

lesbianguylesbianguyabout 9 years ago
Capital

Simply Capital. Well done.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601about 9 years ago
Why is this here?

This story does NOT belong on this site.

It's simply too good.

I'm a typical guy. I read here for titilation - and an occasional quick wank - while usually reading elsewhere for more literary appreciation. Yet, I couldn't put this down. The sex scenes (while sublime) were almost unnecessary. So sweet. So loving. I cried.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Such an amazing story . I read it over my lunch break at work, never even got around to eating till after I voted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Thank you for this amazing story. If this doesn't win I don't know what.

However not thank you for the fact I've stayed up to 1am reading this. It was just too good to put down. ;)

bootneck81bootneck81about 9 years ago
Loved it all

many many thanks for a very enjoyable story.

CelticTravelerCelticTravelerabout 9 years ago
Perhaps your best!

Scatty, this story was perhaps your best yet! Your character development and the range of emotions from fear to love not to forget confusion was captivating. I very much enjoy your work which is a pleasant reprieve from the partial page spit swapping trash. Thank you for your story.

Countrycrazy85Countrycrazy85about 9 years ago

I absolutely loved this story. Well done!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
You done good

Sue, you are such a good writer that I hope you don't mind me pointing out an error (a very common one): 'discrete' means 'separate' or 'distinct'; the word for 'prudent' is 'discreet'. Right, that's out of the way, now I can rhapsodise.

Of course it was obvious from page one who the Phantom Card Dropper was but that didn't make a scrap of difference. This was a lovely, wonderful story---I could find no end of superlatives but that would be o.t.t. So I'll just comment on one or two highlights. Sarah and Zoe were beautiful characters and the twins totally adorable. You had just the right amount of drama and conflict, enough to keep the tale alive and leaving the reader wanting to know what happens next. Zoe's letter to Sarah was heart-rending (I'm a seventy-something old soldier and I found myself choking up a bit while reading that---I was also urging Sarah on to do the right thing). I did think perhaps you were going somewhere with Mr Norman Dull when he kept eyeing Sarah up (loved Zoe's description of him---reminded me of Blackadder).

The only real problem with the story is that you'll find it very hard to cap it with your next. Some years ago there was a short-lived TV cop series with Joe Don Baker as a Chief of Detectives. His catch-phrase when praising his staff was "You done good". Sue, lass, you done real good!

Brian

FlpantherFlpantherabout 9 years ago
Bravo!

What a wonderful story! I can't believe I'm going to say this on this site, but I could have done with less descriptive sex scenes. You wove such a wonderful story, the sex seemed over the top and not really necessary.

Well done, thank you!

Good Luck!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This is amazing!!!

I feel like watching a movie when I read this!! Keep up the great work!! I am already looking forward to your next story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow.....

What a great story! This is the first one of yours I've read..........now I'm going to read the rest of them! Thank you.......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fabulous

This is the best-written story I have ever read on here. The characters were very well developed and seemed very real. Everything flowed very well, and there were no choppy transitions or unrealistic plot progressions to remind me I was reading a made up story, not real events. That is rare on this website. My hat is off to the author, who is clearly very talented.

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesabout 9 years ago
best romance story ever

This is s perfect story. It leaves me with such a feeling of happiness and contentment.

The story, characters, plotting and writing are all top notch.

Congratulations, I hope, in the valentines contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Everyone is Great

I'm a big fan....Such a little thing has been read many times. This one will be the same. Such talent. I could also do without the sex scenes and it wouldn't matter. Keep staying believable....we all love you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A first that has been a long time comimg!

I have been reading the stories here for more years than I care to remember.

I remember the mispelt, the "wank" fiction (presumably female a well as male), the good, the bad and the ugly.

This is however a first! The first that has ever brought tears to these old eyes!

Superbly done!

sluttyblakgurl87sluttyblakgurl87about 9 years ago
Wish I could give more than 5!!

I've been a member of Literotica for a few years now and this is by far the best love story I've ever read! Mostly because I could really relate to Sarah. I've known since I was young that I would be lesbian but denied it for almost a decade. For fear that I would be, for lack of a better word 'excommunicated'. But when I spoke to my eldest sister about it she told me that life is to short to worry yourself with what the world thinks of you... Everyone deserves true love!! And if people can't be happy that you're happy they don't deserve to be a part of your life! 5 stars and then some!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
More than just a great read.

This is by far one of the best love stories I've read on here. The highest accolade I can give is that it ranks up there with 'A benign Something' the bench mark for all straight to gay love stories. The interaction with Sarahs parents and the girls school teacher was so true to life. You have approached many sensative issues with a certain knowledge. Thank you for such a great read. Now going off to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
WOW! wow, wow...a 100 times wow!

Even after I realized it was not in the normal genre that I read.... matter of fact it is the first lesbian story I have ever read. But I could not put it down. I could do nothing until I finished it today. I was totally captivated by the story, the characters, and their relationship. GREAT JOB! I will be browsing through your other works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very good...

Loved this story. So much more I'd like to say about it, but just simply, I loved it. The characters were wonderful, and I was sad when the story ended. I'm already reading through it again cuz I miss them, lol Would be awesome to see them again some day in a future story! Thanks for sharing this great tale! :)

jsragmanusjsragmanusabout 9 years ago
Totally Brilliant

Oh my gosh, this is the most stunningly brilliant romance I've read on here in ages. I have to say it's in the top three or four I've ever read on lit. If you're not writing professionally, please do. Your work is so good. You so totally deserve to win the contest!

ToadattoadhallToadattoadhallabout 9 years ago
Amazing story

Unfortunately I started reading this on a workday evening. As a result I am exhausted today as it was far too good to put down. Please write more, I love the proper, believable story.

One of my top three stories on this site

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I love a good story

Finally, a great story on here again, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
You Made Me Cry!

But good crying. This was truly wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
a thing of beauty.

A beautifully laid out, and played out, romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A Wonderful Love Story

I kept coming back to the story until I had read it from start to finish. What lovely piece of work!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent!!

This was an incredibly wonderful story! The British aspect of it drew me in further & I think made it feel more emotional. More fantasy perfect. I smiled, laughed, cried, & enjoyed this story very much! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Best ever on Literotica!!!

I love your stories, but this time you have surpassed even yourself. Perfect pace, plausible, romantic and just right for the Valentine theme. Whatever you do for a day job, give it up and start writing for a living. This one has to win!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Just finished page 3. You got me.

Love the story and the writing style. Drifted so easily into their world. Looking forward to the rest of the story. Thanks

Chaucer's Barrel Maker

Gabriel102Gabriel102about 9 years ago
Worth It

You weren't kidding that it was a long read, I enjoyed reading it all on my Sunday off, I like how it was a very unique romance story. Props to you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lovely

This was sweet and beautiful. Thank you for writing and sharing it!

WorkingWriterWorkingWriterabout 9 years ago
Should be an ebook on Amazon.com

This is a beautiful, well-designed novel about interesting characters. I urge you to make it an ebook on Amazon.com and then start another long story. You're a terrific writer!

Rozalin_0123Rozalin_0123about 9 years ago
Absolutely Wonderful

This story is the best lesbian romance I've read on the site. Wonderfully developed characters and a very natural romance. You handled the conflict very well and even touch on some of the more common obstacles that lesbians encounter; I would know. This story really hit home with me, especially considering I have a pair of twins myself.

Excellent job and keep writing! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
a fabulous loving story.

superbly written. full of love and friendship. a brilliant ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderfully Sappy!

I'm a sucker for a sappy love story, and this, THIS, fit the bill! When a story leaves me wondering, "What happened then?" I know it was good. Thank you for sharing these people with us!

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesabout 9 years ago
Should have been a winner

I don't understand the scoring system. In my view this story should have been one of the winners of the Valentine 2015 contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The Most Amazing Lesbian Romance I've Read!

Your writing is so excellent; I spotted just a handful of errors, unlike quite a few authors on this site. Nothing that a touch of editing couldn't fix!

With Zoe and Sarah, there was a connection that was immediate. With the way that Zoe interacted with Sarah, I could sense the foreshadowed feelings and hints that she oh-so-subtly dropped into her soon-to-be lover's lap. That, and I also speak Spanish ;) I also really enjoyed the fact that Zoe is so punk! It shows that everything's not always as it seems.

Another part I loved was how Sarah fought for her parent's understanding. She knew her love for Zoe wouldn't diminish, and so did the twins. Acceptance and support are always necessary when doing something for the first time. Grasping on the difficulties of coming out, you were able to portray the characters' struggles and tears, laughter and fears.... and then breathe even more life into them. Breathtakingly so.

You should think about making an even longer story. I couldn't keep my eyes away from the screen, it was so good! You, my friend, are the best writer that I've encountered on here. Please keep writing. You inspired me to comment when otherwise, I would have never done so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thanks

Loved the story! Would love to see a pic of Zoe...great word pictures. Perfect in every way! Can't wait for your next story. I love the straight girl stories.

lighteningsheeplighteningsheepabout 9 years ago
what a shame

This piece definitely deserves to be a contest winner!!!!!

SugarSweetThingSugarSweetThingabout 9 years ago
I absolutely love this story!

Enough said

SalishSalishabout 9 years ago
Lovely

Reading this kept me up way too late, but it was worth every minute.

Sarah's note to Zoe in the middle of page eight caught my eye when it first scrolled into view, and the dread of knowing what was coming really hurt. You've written two very real people. Thank you for sharing them with the world.

liz33ndliz33ndabout 9 years ago
i loved it...

great writing, and wonderfull story. Yes I would rate it a winner too. got me excited, and tear up. please give us more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Happiness!

This just made my year. Thank you. Also thanks to you and your editor for a story with absolutely no distracting errors.

Question: Did you choose archery as an allusion to Artemis?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
tiny nitpick to a lovely story

First of all, I really enjoyed this story. Very romantic, lots of character development, something that is usually lacking in the majority of the stories on here. The fact you have taken the time to expand so thoroughly, even get a lot of detail right like with the archery makes this definitely one of my favorites.

I do however have one tiny silly nitpick.. Why El Gato? surely this should be La Gata?

El Gato is a male cat and it is clear that the bar is female orientated, surely if you want the pussy reference you should go for the feminine version of La Gata?

Apart from that I'm suprised to see that this story didn't win. it totally should have.

ScattySueScattySueabout 9 years agoAuthor
Blame my (lack of) Spanish

Yes, it should totally be "La Gata" - and if my Spanish were any good I'd have known that! However, it is such a good point that I shall edit and upload an improved version this evening.

Thank you Anonymous person (I wish I could thank you by name).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Oh wow...

What a story! What depth of characters! I was so into it that I almost *screamed* at my screen when Sarah was writing the note in the hotel room, I kept willing her to go back before Zoe woke up and realized she was gone. I loved the characters, literally cried for an hour after reading Zoe's note in the 4th Valentine's card, and the sex scenes were as hot as they were sensual. I really wasn't expecting to find a story on Literotica that pulled me in so completely and tugged on the heart strings so hard. I simply could not tear myself away from it. Thank you, Scatty Sue, I have a new favorite author and she's you!

BugattiTBugattiTalmost 9 years ago
Sneaky indeed

Worth the 12 pages. Nicely written with less distracting errors. Hope to read more from you. Very sneaky indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful!

I wish I had a fraction of your talent. Terrific story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A very immersive read

The story was superb, the characters interesting and relatable, and the ending fitting. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, even though I predicted the "culprit" from the descriptions of the regulars' nicknames(I had not noticed the category for this story until page 2) it still was very engaging to read and I know I was incredibly sad for both of them when Sarah left Zoe in the Hotel.

elle_9549elle_9549almost 9 years ago
Loved it!

Absolutely wonderful story! I loved every minute, except of course when Sarah left the hotel room. I knew from almost the beginning that Zoe was the valentine, and I could see Sarah slowly falling for her. I loved it!

~ L

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great read!

Thoroughly enjoyed this! Thank you for the beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
thank you

that was a lot of fun . thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
more!

I fell in love with this story! I wish you would write more. If this were an actual book I'd buy it for sure! :) probably the best story I've read on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wow

What a beautiful story. I love everything. You write such in such a wonderful way so keep it up. I hopetp see more storiees from you :)

Wildcat2013Wildcat2013over 8 years ago
One of the best

I have lost count of how many times I have read this story it's so good. I still cry when Sarah Leaves Zoe in the hotel. Wonderful story thank you for all of your amazing stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fantastic

This was great story. I absolutely loved it. It brought tears to my eyes a few times. I love stories with happy endings. This is the first of your stories that I have read. Will definitely be reading more from you. Also I like longer stories.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 8 years ago
That was freaking fantastic

That was a fantastic story. I loved reading it. I wish my writing skills were that good. This will be one story that in future days I will come back and read once more. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

RPGerRPGerover 8 years ago
A Question, if you please...

I love this story and this is my 3rd reread. I finally remembered to ask about Mr. Dull; he kind of appeared and then disappered. At first I thought he was a private investigator hired by Sarah's mother, except that Zoe said he showed up just after the holidays. Was he a literary device to show that Sarah was no longer interested in guys checking her out?

I hope you are still reading these and can satisfy my curiosity. Thank you.

ScattySueScattySueover 8 years agoAuthor
Mr Dull

@RPGer, Mr Dull was, in fact, a sort of private investigator; he was a friend of Roy's (Sarah's husband) that Roy had asked to spy on Sarah. Well spotted you!

I had originally started writing a lot more about the deteriorating relationship with Roy after she and Zoe get together and about Sarah's mum's feelings and attitude but it was rfrankly rather slow and the story already very long so I summarised the events at the start of the epilogue. Mr Dull survived earlier because he did indeed serve to show Sarah's lack of interest.

colin23colin23over 8 years ago
Outstanding

As a heterosexual man, I am not particularly attracted by stories about lesbians, but this is one of the very best stories I have read on any section of this site. The pacing, the characterization and the style are all in a different league from even the other good contributions. Superb.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScattySue@ScattySue
1861 Followers
I love well written erotic stories: those with a good plot line and engaging characters so I try to provide those in my stories. Thank you to all those who have liked and commented on my stories; such feedback is both helpful and encouraging. Well, life has been getting in t...