All Comments on 'Writing Realistic Female Dominance'

by stlgoddessfreya

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You're wrong about bras

"Writing for Literotica is one way to explore that fantasy and bring it to others. Why aim to write realistically when fantasy is the ultimate goal? Your audience falls into one of two categories: people who haven't had an experience like the one you're describing in your story or those who have. For those who have, details of your story that are too fantastic read the same way as stories that refer to 38D breasts being bigger that 32D breasts - it marks you as someone who probably doesn't have any experience with the real thing."

This is false, as the cup sizes do vary with the size of the band. The bigger the band, the more generous the cup.

Ex: a 38D cup has the same volume as a 32F and a 32D is Equiv to a 38A

http://blog.butterflycollection.ca/2012/05/bra-school-not-all-d-cups-are-same-size.html

http://blog.butterflycollection.ca/2013/04/what-sister-size-bras-look-like.html

http://www.brasize.com/bra-sister-size.html

Or you can do your own search by typing in "bra sister sizes."

stlgoddessfreyastlgoddessfreyaover 9 years agoAuthor
Interesting Information!

I've been buying myself bras for 20 years and never heard of sister sizes - I learn something new every day. It looks from the links in searching for that I'm not the only one, since it's billed as a secret or lifehack.

I think you may be missing the forest for the trees, though, since the issue with the way those breasts are described also relies on bra band and cup sizes, which is not the way I've heard any woman compare her breasts to anyone else's. In the context of a lingerie fetish story? Great descriptive information. In a stroker? Reads like it was written by a fifteen year old boy to me, as someone with breasts.

Thanks for the informative comment! I'll remember it next time I'm shopping.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very informative.

I don't know anything about writing female domination so this was quite enlightening for me. I am one of those writers that likse to ground her stories in reality; it helps me connect. I've shied away from exploring femdom because I didn't know how to makes it real. Thanks for this! :D

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueover 9 years ago
Anonymous is wrong

Thank you for a great, informative 'How To' and hope it inspires me to write the FemDom story that's being buzzing round my head for years.

On bras, Anon is typical of too many women. Every manufacturer uses different criteria for cup sizes - band sizes are limited by the rib cage. Every manufacturer varies cup size and the idea that there is a correlation between band size and cup size between brands or types is nonsense. Think of the different types of bras we wear.

'Sister sizes' is just nonsense. You might like to cast an eye over an 'How To' I wrote about breast measurements that got a good reception.

http://www.literotica.com/s/understand-breasts-and-bra-sizes?page=2

Well done!

sheabluesheablueover 9 years ago

Extremely enlightening and exquisitely well written.

ValensGirlValensGirlabout 9 years ago

Thanks for this public service! I'm one of those supposedly-rare women with a natural interest in dominance, and so I'm all for more and better femdom stories. :D There are a lot of good tips here. I especially like your points about considering what the domme is wearing or saying, and whether that gives the impression you want--"her sex appeal comes from her authority, not the other way around"--yes!

Also, damn, I gotta get back to writing femdom. It's so much fun. :D

MSTarotMSTarotabout 9 years ago
Thought provoking

Nicely detailed and informative, as any How To should be of course.

To this I would also add a bit of character history detailing is needed when it comes to writing strong female characters, be they Domme or not.

example; There is a lady I know. She is 5'7' about 170lbs. In her late 40's, mother of two, grandmother of two...and in a straight fight I don't know if I could take her. Why? She grew up with three brothers. She was a fighter from her youngest days. She has no fear of the "bigger" "stronger" guy. She is a rock of calm strength, and more than a little crazy.

Plus there is the fact a woman could kill me before I would raise a hand to stop her. Since I would "rather die" than hit a woman, in anger. Rather chivalrous..for a pirate.

This is certainly a subject I would like to have a long talk about...someday, soon.

MST

0ra11yfix8ed0ra11yfix8edabout 9 years ago
Chocked full of good information!

Much of what you've offered can be applied to just about any story, erotic or not! The characters drive the tale! Details about the characters provide context. I wrote a story about a young man who enjoyed getting naked in the great outdoors and masturbating to welcome Spring weather! It was intended to be a simple exercise in male auto-eroticism! While writing, another character, a female, wandered into the scene and reacted not with disgust but with sympathy and curiosity. The key is understanding each characters motivation and goals. Thanks for an inside look at what makes a good femdom story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Still laughing at how funny this was!

You should have posted it in Humor/satire! The ideas were so far out in left field you couldn't see them for the trees. Too funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What I look for in femdom stories and real life experiences

I enjoy reading femdom stories, but many authors make similar mistakes that don’t appeal to me.

• I am not a worthless piece of crap; we are playing this game because I allow it.

• I have no use for a cruel or a mean dominate. What I desire is a “girl friend next door” type who wants to have fun tormenting me.

• I will do pretty much anything you can dream of to humiliate me as long as it’s not stupid (barking like a dog) or involves pain. Pain makes the erection immediately disappear. As long as I have an erection, I am having fun. Blood and scat are also off the list.

• Once I cum the game is over so the trick is to make the “tease” last as long as possible.

• Femdom sessions are first and foremost a mental game. Keeping me naked and serving your sexual needs is the route to go. Pretend that I am a “handsome man” even though we both know that I am not.

•I work hard to keep my body weight under control and am meticulous about my hygiene. I expect the same consideration from you.

apophasisapophasisover 5 years ago
The first rule of writing femdom

Whenever you have the Dom do something or have the Sub do something for her, ask yourself what she gets out of it. If the answer is solely feelings of power or dominance, you're almost certainly writing "femdom" that is in fact an exploration of male fantasies rather than things that an actual, dominant woman enjoys. If you're writing about a professional dominatrix, then that's fine since indulging in male fantasies is what pays the bills. If you're not, then you're probably doing it wrong.

Yes, there are exceptions to that rule, but those are an extreme minority.

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther6969over 1 year ago

Those are a lot of Great Advice if everyone else Fallowed the exact same advice when writing a BDSM Story I Believe we would get a lot Less Formulaic Feeling BDSM Stories with often Cringy Scripts. I can't Speak for everyone else but I sure as Helling go0ing to Try very Hard to Remember and Apply all of these Advice to my Next BDSM Story, with hopes that it would be able Upload it, But anyways moving on. But not only that but I feel that Some of your Advice could be Applied to other Stories as well I'm not just talking about Non Erotic or Erotic I'm also talking about Erotic Couplings or Romance even Ectara. Ectara.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous