All Comments on 'The Shepherd of Ashburn Court Pt. 05'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments
Lonely_readerLonely_readerabout 9 years ago
The end?

Nice story! It kinda edged too much on the goody-Two-shoes stereotype, but it came out fine

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'll say it frist

IS this the end? Will there be another chapter? Will ben sleep with Lisa, lori and/or tina again? I love this story and eagerly await if their will be a continuation. Why do i get the feeling that something kinky is on the horizon?Will there be anal? so many questions, which indicate that this story is great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thanks from a grateful sack of puppies!

What a great story. I really enjoyed it. Keep writing, and be proud all these pooches will live long, happy lives.

iykit2iykit2about 9 years ago
Awesome

Love the story, well worth the wait. I understand that you have some other story premises you need to get off your mind, but hope you'll continue with this one in the not too distant future. Thanks for the great read!

busybeavertailbusybeavertailabout 9 years ago
Loved the story

Great story couldn't stop reading it. Hope is continues. Hope you have written other stories. You are definitely a favorite.

madamnykkimadamnykkiabout 9 years ago
WOW

Could not stop reading. Hoping for more. Love this story please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
3:44 AM

Damnit !! It's 3:44 in the morning and i have to work in the morning!

Was just going to read one more page!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Epic...

A really gripping story, with that action ending and a twist in the tail....

Thanks, well done and look forward to any future contributions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
You lied.

You promised no unfinished stories. One of my great frustrations of lit

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
deux ex machina

BR, out of all the Modern Fabulism of this story, truly a Joseph Campbellian erotica.

However, the most unbelievable fantasy portion is:

"...By utilizing the valve Ben had designed for the nuclear power plant in place of the standard valves the entire system was safer and five times more efficient. Output would be five times higher meaning five times more cost effective and five times the revenue..."

I could actually suspend disbelief for how this storyline has developed. However, I must apologize for dashing a bucket of ice-cold reality across the above paragraph. Sorry, but real-life cost-savings do not work that way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Will the story continue

I love the redhead twins, I would like if they became part of the core group

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story

When can we expect more? I can wait....

SoooJuicySoooJuicyalmost 9 years ago
Worth the read

This one had a really good story line.... I loved the explicit sex scenes with multiple women. The author did a good job with the character Ben. He was one really cool stud with a heart of gold. Overall, I really enjoyed the read. I would really enjoy seeing a follow up/continuation to the story.

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyalmost 9 years ago

This was good overall, I really liked it, a very compelling read. the writing could have been a little tighter though. For instance you had a scene introducing Joanne and her daughter Lily, only to have them disappear until there were offhandedly mentioned in part five. I think the problems there probably have to do with the sheer size of the cast. I love all of the characters, but there simply isn't enough room to give all of them the time they need to tell their stories. Another example of this would be Jayden King. He's left off by the end in a state in which it seems he might stop trying to be a player like his father and could possibly find the right path in life. However, the question of, "will he or won't he?" is left frustratingly unanswered.

When you did focus on a storyline though, the writing good be quite excellent. A good example of this would be the build up to Ben having sex with Lisa and Lori. The reader knew it was coming, but the tension leading to it was added onto appearance after appearance by the twins so efficiently. The anticipation that was created by this added greatly to the final payoff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I tried... but the writing isn't tight and the characters don't manage to be very believable. I think an editor could do this story wonders.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love it

Next to taken by the wind this is amazing

Would be interesting to see Wendy come back

Maybe a run in

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great

A very good read hope you keep it going if not at least you had a sort of ending to it a lot better than most do

shades1ashades1aalmost 9 years ago
Not very good

At the end of the day, this just isn't very good writing. I don't want to be rude, but constructive. The number of dangling storylines is almost infinite. Beyond that, almost all of the main storylines feel unsatisfying as well. It would have been more interesting to see how Ben's relationships grew with Gabriella & Cat, than to have him hook up with the twins.

I don't even want to bring up how contrived the last bit is with the abusing neighbor, who just happens to move in next door, when Ben just happened to consult for the neighbors father. But, it's so bad, it has to be mentioned. And Ben nearly gets killed, again, but is fueled by a repressed childhood memory, again. This is bad work. Maybe an editor would help this writer stay focused on a main storyline. I'm not sure. At the end of the day, it's so scattered, I'm not sure that even an outside set of eyes could harness this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
best

One of the best damn stories I've read Ina while good writing. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A soap

'Neighbours' without Kyley. Not literate, not erotic.

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
Uhh, Fictional story here!

People are critiquing a Modern Fairytale of Tail on a site devoted to posting a little bit of Literate Erotica and a flood of pornography. And you are complaining that this particular story is unbelievable?

Really? What part of imaginary creativity do you not understand?

Also this story of Ben and his collegial bosom friendlies are continued with "A Shepard in France" chapters one & two have been posted by BR. If you are having problems linking go to where you see BurntRedstone in bluer letters and click on it. That will take you to the Author's listing and you will find the new stories there.

For those who complain about the length of time between posted chapters, obviously you have no experience at writing. Each page of a story on Literotica averages between 3 to 4 thousand words at 14 point font size. For me, to read what I am typing, my poor eyes, I have to type in 24 or 28 point font size. Which means to create ONE page of Literotica output, I have to type anywhere from 6 to 8 pages of writing.

You try it and then come complaining. Oh yeah, and however long it took you to type six pages of anything, did you figure to include the time it will take for editing and revisions of that work for posting? Don't forget to go back and correct all the mistakes made by SpellCheck. Over and over again!

Quack82Quack82over 8 years ago

What a great read. Thanks for this great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent talented work

I am a publisher of a magazine and editor of multiple anthologies; and to be quite frank I invited the author to send me a story. I found the work very imaginative, with a most admirable theme. If the author is anything like the main character, even if only as far as a concerned neighbor, I would feel blessed to count this author a friend. I don't see any reason this particular work couldn't be expanded in to a novel, the author only needs a couple beta readers and a critique to polish skills. Good luck.

Farwolf

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
A very entertaining read

overall it was well done. There were so many threads running simultaneously a few simple errors slipped in, but the strength of the main storyline made it easy for them to be overlooked. i.e. the two new daughters from Texas having arranged housing at University but are then registered at the same high school as the two Megans.

The twist at the end with Eli being Ray Sturn was almost like an old Perry Mason episode, everything changing based on information we didn't have and couldn't know.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
re: a closed circular drive at the end of a "nearly" private street

This concept is reminiscent of the real life housing practices of communities wherein families with multiple wives (sisters) reside. In many neighbourhoods 3-5 houses will be along and around the end of a cul-de-sac, each home comprised of a mother and her children, and one primary home in which the husband and father dwells (additional wife and children optional.)

gofastTTguygofastTTguyover 8 years ago
Wonderful Story

Really good. Enjoyed all of it. Nice to read the work by the editor who had asked you for an article. Congrats! Look forward to reading the other stories in this series. Thanks for all the hard work, much appreciated.

TLC56TLC56over 8 years ago
The Best

I love the long stories with many pages, you have given your characters so much life and this story so much depth. I am looking forward to reading the European series as well as the rest of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Please continue the stories.

wonderful story. hope to see it continued as it seems to be unfinished. either way, you have done a great job on this story. thank you

SirCarlSirCarlover 8 years ago
Wonderful, wonderful!

Very well thought out, written, and presented.

iknowwhatiknowwhatover 8 years ago

Very engaging story. I didn't feel like the angst in the last 5 pages (to whole arc with Ray) fit in a erotic story. It was well written and good, but off because I felt it didn't fit the mood of the rest of the story. The previous violence I liked because it was unexpected and short.

Rest of the story was great. I'm guessing it was intentional that Tina is without dialog and instead does all communication with her expressive eyes :)

I enjoyed myself reading the story, very well done.

chifighterchifighterabout 8 years ago
well

I can't say much more so I will just say I liked the last story arc and will move on and get back to you at the end of the next I just hope it is as long if not longer

BigPopsBigPopsabout 8 years ago
Phenomenal

Well written and crafty weaving of elements of murder mystery and intense erotic feelings.

I have come to this writer and his stories only recently and awaited the end of this multipart story before commenting. At first, I winced at the length, but stayed with it thankfully. I look forward to reading what appears to be later chapters in the life of this very sexy man whose massive love for humanity causes so many to fall in love with him - the sex is almost an afterthought, a bonus as it were.

Ah, but what sex! Passion at a high level. I could point out many excellent examples but two truly stand out, in this Chapter. Gabriella's oral pleasing of Ben was like no other I can remember - it almost felt as if her lips were on my penis, not Ben's. And, then Lori and Lisa - an incredibly erotic description of their entrance into the glory of passion with Ben with elements of submissiveness that made it seem that Tina had been giving special lessons on that fine art.

Bravo, Burnt Redstone! Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story please continue

Enjoying the story so far. Has so much potential please continue

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 8 years ago
And just how DID Ray know where he was in the hospital...?

Timeline it sounded like this stabbing at the hospital was no more than one day after the initial pull through the door...

So, Ray drove off, got drunk to kill the pain, managed to get into what is normally a secured area of a hospital, attacked and killed an attendant etc etc etc...?

Not like he'd have hung around to see Ben go to a hospital... Or even suspect he would... And if he went to the hospital figuring the wife would end up there so he could finish what he started, he'd likely know police would be around her...

Ah well, liked the story for the most part... And though I didn't know why the name would be different, it was obvious Ray would be Eli... That didn't detract from the story though...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good Manners . . .

If you want to be critical (or nit-picky) do it in a (personal) feedback. Unless u have a great need to show everybody how brilliant you are, there is no need to be critical in a comment. These folks donate their time and artistic energy to provide a FREE service to those of us who choose to read these stories.

If u really are so good, why not write something yourself. It may not be well recieved but maybe someone will read it. Surely, though, it will give you a better idea of just how much effort and time goes into one of these. And maybe the many who will find fault will be more polite than you are!

LalawmanLalawmanalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story

This was the first story I ever read on this site and I am just completing a second reading before going on to the newest chapters. Thank you so much for your efforts...and keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Amazing!!

Best. Sad the story had to end.. but that's just the way it is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
One might expect a story this long

to drag along here and there but this one kept my attention all the way through !! I appreciate the effort and enjoyed the read. Good job ! Thanks ... Scotty

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Best of the book of the series yet!

Part 5, I think is the best of the first 5

- Jake

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
a Worthy 5 stars for each chapter

one thing of note , and a slight annoyance

He sends Gabriella to Europe on a Private Jet

(all on her own)

and yet when he takes a large party of people there ..

they travel in 1st class seats on a normal flight

just seems strange for them not to have hired a private jet for that

especially with him maybe still recuperating from his injurys

just seems wierd to me.

anyhow , loved this tale ( all 5 chapters)

kept me up way , way to late into the night reading this story in full

Erotic Couplings , not a category i have dipped into much in the past

Found this story on the Favorite List of an Author whom i rate very highly

thankyou for sharing it with us

am looking forward to reading "in france" & "Afield" over the next few days after some much needed sleep .. and then reading All your other work.

MorionMorionover 7 years ago
Fantastic

I just discovered this story and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Great characters, an engaging plot and a really well thought-out back story. I look forward to continuing the story in the sequels!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story

While I enjoyed your story with its twists & turns so much - I kept wondering if he was really Superman. Large, handsome. Rich, kind and loves helping people. If it weren't for his hospital stays I would be wondering where his cape was. However, I did get tired of continually making "love" repeatly to multiple women. Eventually it got boring and I skipped through them. Sometimes Less is More. BK.

NdoniNdoniover 7 years ago
Dope

no comment .... thumb's up *** for de great creative .... plz continue de tell.

.

LandailynLandailynover 7 years ago

Just finished. It has a lot of great potential. The sex is hot and i like the exploration of polyamory and dom/sub relationships. I like that Tina is a sub, but can still be very assertive when the need arises. I really like the dynamic Tina and Ben have as dom and sub. My criticisms are that it seeds some editing. I see lots of spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors, missing or miss-placed words, etc. Also, there is a lot of time and history covered at the beginning that both takes too long, and not long enough. Most of that backstory is covered later through character interactions and the characters talking to each other. It can be referenced by the characters thinking back on certain details when they are relevant to the current situation. The backstory didnt really need to be explained in methodical detail first off. I kind of feel like the author felt they needed to present everything in one continuous beginnung to end timeline, but the first section talking about Bens dating experiences, marriage, and drunken depression could have been skipped and just referenced later on as the details became relevant or as he explained his past to his harem. Also, sometimes it feels like intimate moments end up being rushed when they shouldnt, and then contrastly, too much time is spent on innane details that dont matter. I feel like the author has to be a female, as Ben is kind of the ultimate man, her dream man, the white knight, the rough dom, the tender lover. He talks about his feelings with an ease that is kind of unrealistic. He is just extremely sensitive and emotional, in the way every woman dreams, but that is rarely realistic. It makes him a bit feminine sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More

Please continue!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

If by "paddles" the author meant defibrillation, note that this does not help if a heart stopped completely, because the purpose of defibrillation is to stop the heart, usually used against rhythmic disorders.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank You

This has been an amazing tale. I'm sad that its over but thrilled that he lived!!

T.

East Coast USA

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 7 years ago
Wwwwwaaaaaaaaa!!!

It's over! Boo hoo!!! This has been such an exciting story to read, *sigh*, you have such a way of telling a story that a person just wants it to keep going and going (kind of that damned energizer bunny😺)!!! Please keep writing!!

MDG1969MDG1969about 7 years ago
You liked this story and want to read more? Good news!

The author, BurntRedstone, not myself, has written a subsequent stories about the main character Ben. Again, I am not the author, all copyrights are their's and their's alone. I copied and pasted the following text directly from the authors next installment.

'A Shepherd in Paris - Part 1 and 2' is a continuation of 'The Shepherd of Ashburn Court – Parts 1 through 5'. Minimal effort is made in this tale to explain the backstory so please read the other stories first.

Please, BurntRedstone, forgive me if I've overstepped any bounds and have offended you. I just wanted more people to read your stories. With respect, MDG1969

PapaMikePapaMikealmost 7 years ago
Dammit, it's not

councilor! It is counselor. Spelled correctly, but the wrong word. It's a good story, but it is damaged by egregious errors like this.

GRYFANxGRYFANxalmost 7 years ago
Phenomenal

Really a fantastic piece of writing, the whole story. I love the character development and the trials as well. Very well done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hard to believe the story keeps getting better

There is no drop off! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
3*'s Only

What! He didn't marry Tina? He should of !

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Don't Believe It!

How many lives does Ben have? Did they name a hospital wing after him yet? Does he have a bed reserved in his name? Are the gods of fate watching out for him?

SuggestionSuggestionover 6 years ago
Great Ending - Editing Slipped

Loved the story, but I could only give four stars on this one. Your editor let a lot of things slip, both spelling and grammar. Beautiful story with a great ending. I look forward to the adventures in France.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Counsellor not Councillor

How many more times do you and your editor need to be told. Great story though. Really unputdownable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very enjoyable...

...though sort of far-fetched. Could use a better editor. If the author is her or his editor, problems are unavoidable, and so be it. Body of what bugs me: I must completely disagree with the commenter who stated that poor grammar, repeated misspellings of the same word, malapropisms, etc. should be brought to the author's attention via private message. Utter nonsense. It is the author's responsibility to edit responsibly. An author has many readers. Those among them with poor language skills may well adopt the errors as good language, thinking "author knows best". Not so. Witness the present use of "decimated" in newscasts. The original, centuries-old meaning is "to diminish by one-tenth". Quite the opposite of its overwhelming present use, where it's used to mean "almost completely destroy". Shame. Many people are sheep and will accept a media person as an authority on even common language when they rarely are. So, here are a few of my observations (remember, I really enjoyed the story): Innumerable "off of's" (one puts something on the table, say, or takes it OFF the table. Just off, not off of (sloppy speakers pronounce the incorrect "off of" as "offa"); occasionally, a protagonist's name gets accidentally switched to another's from one sentence or paragraph to the next. Confusing to the reader, though just a "name typo"; a counsel is a lawyer who gives counsel. A councillor sits on a council, irrespective of degree or calling; the word "paparazzo" is rarely used. The term relates to a horde of annoying photographers, so we must use the plural, "paparazzi". Enough already. I tell my delicious but fairly straight-laced wife (maybe she'll let me fuck her ass tonight) that I'm reading a sort of "Harlequin Romance" for relaxation, (I never have). You write well, please continue!

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
A lot of points have been made already

Now a person would have to be a masochist to read this long a series if they didn't at least get something out of it, but that length also leaves room for holes. There was a lot of filler going on, including trails going off that lead to nowhere.

OK, his parents died and he witnessed a murder in a foster home. Not enough? OK, he also witnessed another murder and may have actually killed people himself as a result before burying it in a repressed memory. I think the author could give himself a break and not try so hard to be clever with the plot. Less characters who don't entertain or drive the story, less repetitive conversations, less spine tingling kisses (we get it).

The tidbit about Eli losing his football QB scholarship because of injuries occurred when the defense didn't protect him was embarrassing. If you aren't familiar with a subject, either do some research or leave details out. The defense obviously can't protect their team's QB, since he is part of the offense and on the field at a different time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it!

What a wonderful ride this was! It could have bogged down and got boring with Ben shagging women in increasingly unrealistic ways. Instead, you fleshed out the story and made the characters grow. Sexy and a gripping read.

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 6 years ago
Great Read, Wonderful Characters

Reading some of the comments I felt many were nitpicking. There were some valid critiques however. Several characters were introduced and then dropped. I personally wondered how many times our hero was going to end up in jeopardy! On the plus side who knew Trish was such a badass! And I love how Tina, although a submissive, is dominant over all of the women. This series goes on my favorites list.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story!

Loved it! Thanks so much for posting this series for us to read for free!

As for constructive criticism: I won't repeat anything that has already been posted to the comment section. My addition would be that in the future I hope you can find some way of more organically introducing background info, facts, and introducing new characters. It's very boring (dry reading) and 'information overload' to start a story with a complete background as well as introducing almost all the major characters. Better to give this information out as flashbacks, memories, reminiscences, single paragraph conversations, etc, in between the main story moving forward.

I cannot tear myself away from your stories!!!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really?

Read this story and then compare it to the well-written stories that have lower scores. Then note that this author has the majority of the top 15 stories with far more votes than other authors in the genre. Then think about why so many high votes are being tallied for this author's stories despite them being largely unedited and longer than actual novels. Then watch new stories appear in the top ten and suddenly get knocked down by rapid low votes. After doing all that, put on your detective hat and see if you can solve the mystery of what's happening.

CWillCCWillCabout 5 years ago
movie script

It seems that after '50 shades' & 'Housewives' TV is ready for a new page turner. Suburbia will never be the same.

Keep writing, regardless of what others may say. Keep writing.

ShenthusShenthusabout 5 years ago
Enjoyed

I really enjoyed your story, well written and really consistent right through out with names and story lines and really likeable characters.

You have given me food for thought about my next story.

Thanks

Rob

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Highly Recommend

Very enjoyable series, with great characters and fast moving read. I like the character development and the way you brought everything together.

TrollTureTrollTurealmost 5 years ago
Great story

I liked this story very much! Well crafted characters and gripping action.

Like many have pointed out already, this needs editing to make it a little tighter, but mostly, all of those simple, piddly-ass spelling errors that plague it. Just letting someone with a sharp eye read through it will probably do wonders. I have done some editing for authors over on SOL and I have a little bit of trouble turning that off, stuff like bad spelling makes my teeth (and fingers) itch.

But apart from the technical side, the piece is a very good read, lots of action, sex and romance (Tina is a sweetheart!), and in my opinion there are surprisingly few flat spots. Except for the beginning of the story which concentrated a little too much on Ben's earlier experiences, as earlier suggestions mention, that would be better dealt with being told piece by piece when it becomes relevant to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

I have read most of your material more than once and thourougly enjoy it every time. You have an amazing gift with works and I look forward to reading all of your works to come. Thank you very much. -Andrew

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great, but...

So. Many. Typos. Not just grammar and spelling, but getting names wrong where he's talking to Lori, then turns to talk to Lori...stuff like that. Super-distracting!

When those aren't distracting, this saga is truly amazing. The writing is top-notch - character development, steamy scenes throughout...I can't possibly express how much I admire your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great.....And

Yes there are typos, etc which unfortunately distract some. I found this, like the author's other stories, a fantastic read and well worth the time to work through all 5 chapters to the conclusion.

And I'm looking forward to reading the sequel starting tonight.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
From David

I never wrote the Authors in other stories I have read. I have read over a hundred stories short and long. Your stories add realism to the idea and backdrop. I admire your play with this story as the prince undeserving but learning his way with the womenwho would lay down everything for him as he would do it first. Good job and can't wait to read the continuing of the story to Italy. Hope you keep writing you have a great story telling ability.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finally Finished

The Story finally degenerated to unreadable crap in this final Chapter. This will be my final read of a Ben Shepherd story, for sure. Thanx, but No Thanks.

LdovigaLdovigaover 3 years ago

Been enjoying your stories and agree with MOST of the comments. Little mistakes really can take away too much from a good story. I don't normally like to comment in response to other comments but I find it ironic that someone comments on 'unreadable crap' but apparently has to read it all the way through. That's actually an indication of GOOD writing. I've started reading stories before that were crap and you know what I do? I stop reading them. I don't bother finishing them. So hopefully you don't take those negative comments too much to heart. Looking forward to the next one!

PS - I know some other authors on hear have had an editor go through there works and resubmitted the touched up version.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your protagonist....

....is so far over the top, it's cartoonish. An engineering savant, multi-millionaire, Jason Mamoa look-alike, with a 9" cock that rarely gets soft, who spends his money like it flows from a tap, combined with a Dudley Do-Right code of ethics. So, of course this motherfucker is gonna have a harem of women, including a pair of hot nubile twins, and a young Asian woman who lives to fulfill his every need and desire! How could he not?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lot of haters seem to have read a LOT of pages to get here.

This was a great story. Yeah, a lot of it is wish fulfillment, but we're on an erotica site, people, get over yourselves. Don't read Stephen King if you have a fetish for Voltaire. I enjoyed it greatly, in much the same way I enjoy reading Horatio Hornblower and Richard Sharpe books. BR, thank you for sharing a wonderful, imperfect, entertaining story for us all.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Over the top?

Like another said, after all this an erotic story site and besides that doesn't evryone love James Bond Movies? How many woman has he bedded over the years on the big screen. Great story and that's what it's all about. A story to transport and enteratin the reader, sex, action, good guys, bad guys this one has it all! Keep writing and ignore the critics, what do they want? Some pulitzer prize winning erotic story on LIT?? Nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Enjoyed it a LOT!

It drew me in. I couldn’t put it down. It was unrealistic but enjoyable enough for me to go along with the story anyway.

rapperbsrapperbsabout 3 years ago
Excellent story!

You really did a good job with this story! I also could not put this down for very long. It was an emotional story which drew me in. I am looking forward to reading the follow-up stories you have written to this story, but I do need to get some things done in real life. Thank you for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I hadn't reread these opening chapters in quite a while, but a few days ago when I got my kindle release of The Shepherd of Ashburn Court, I sat down and revisited the Ben Shepard series from the beginning, and it was wonderful! Thank you so much,.. though the cover looking like a girlie/romance novel would have caused me to pass it by were it not for already knowing how good a story it was! I guess your publishers figured that a sexy guy on the cover would work to draw in your larger audience, but ALL your stories have always been completely enjoyable, and often exceeded my initial expectations. Now I know better, ALL your stuff is really good no matter the title or category, so forget my preconceived notions and just jump in and enjoy! We just need to get the word out that B. Redstone is the author to watch for! -- Michael56Smith ;-) TTFN

RamazaRamazaalmost 3 years ago

Ny third time read through, and due to one of the comments I found out that the Ben Shepard series where on Amazon, so I got them on my kindle now, thank you so much for your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Front to back. Seems like Ben is trying to give Ed Walters a run for his money with all the close calls. Ed from The One Who Understands anyone seeing this hasn’t read that story. It is 3 parts just as good as this. Thanks for Ben’s story. Can’t wait for some time to go by so I can read again

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Would be great to combine all in a book. As with Ed Walters and Sheriff Pat Quin. Great stories.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Such a good read! Looking forward to the next two instalments. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So this is what male fairytale fantasy looks like?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent romance with lots of very interesting character development. However the last part leaves me baffled.

So, Ben saves old man Sturn's company and gives them a bright future. In return Sturn bails his son after a violent crime, so the son can commit another violent crime against his wife, who is only married due to serious wrong doing within his company, which he covered up. Ben does what he does, and the police, having previously almost caused Ben's death due to use of excessive force during a wrongful arrest, aren't aware of this fact before they wrongfully arrest him again and order him restrained in a hospital, despite even the doctor knowing his true character and some background. The hospital security is so poor they aren't even aware of the intruder and first murder in what should be a secure unit. Sturn's son goes on to attempt to murder Ben in his restraints, and then he just leaves to try to attack and possibly murder half of the street.

On track so far? Finally old man Sturn's grudging concern for his grandchildren amounts to releasing the house to his wife, complete with unpaid mortgage, which she can't pay, and his reputation, apparently, remains intact.

How was this not the biggest media scandal of the decade from the first attempted kidnapping, with every agency and authority involved guilty of blatant wrongdoing lots of high profile people going to jail? On top of that Ben doesn't bear any grudges and is happy to continue therapy and undergo hypnotherapy with the doctor that through professional incompetence, was instrumental in his near death.

I haven't read the next series yet, but at this point it's totally ludicrous, and the end seriously needs a re-write.

Strand

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

Strand is triggered. Feel better soon! This story and series are absolutely captivating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It’s on of those stories you just cannot put down. I’m at a loss for words. It draws you in. As captivating as it is. Real people, real love. Movie quality for sure, every scene.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Wow, what an excellent story! One of the best I've ever read. Damn, gotta give this series a solid 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS! Thanks to the best Author on this site!

francemanfrancemanalmost 2 years ago

I am divided in the appreciation of this series of Ben Shepherd.

this is so exaggerated that it becomes a parody, and suddenly it loses much of the interest of the sequel because no matter what happens in the future, Ben is great and solves all the problems.

Indeed, there is no more surprise or suspense.

Ben is super tall.

Ben is super strong.

Ben is very handsome.

Ben is super rich.

Ben is super nice.

Ben is super caring.

Ben is a great lover.

Ben has a great cock.

Ben is super tough.

Ben is a superhero.

Ben is super smart.

Ben is great at everything and anything.

Ben is even more super than Superman (the dullest and most boring of the Super Heroes).

Personally, I find it a shame to have started with this style of character, which is detrimental to the originality of your scenario.

SandtalkerSandtalkerover 1 year ago

It is a good, even great story. It’s a fun, sexy read. I don’t care about minor errors, plot holes or over-the-top events. I’m reading for entertainment.

Thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like the premise of the story, but Ben is a jerk. Period

taco1085taco1085over 1 year ago

what an amazing story, thank you thank you thank you..

Richard1940Richard1940over 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I know it's nit picking but:-

councillor - someone who sits on a council

counsellor- someone who counsels or gives advice

nyteramblernyteramblerover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story very much. Yes he seams to be superman but has many quality's that make him human. I know the story has to end but hope it doesn't yet.

xtrail65xtrail65over 1 year ago

Could not put this series down. Fantastic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved the series thanks looking forward to the next part 5stars gpa

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

You dirty, rotten, so and so, ... I had thought that you really did kill off Ben Sheperd for a few paragraphs there, shame on you! Oh, and the Beemer abbreviation is BMW, not BWM, close though, (I guess that you really do not much care for those extremely expensive to maintain automobiles) ... looking forward to the flock's new adventures in France. Thank you for this story, bless you, ... ;-) TTFN

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 year ago

The first two chapters were the best because they were realistic. The last three were recursive.

Aussie1951Aussie1951about 1 year ago
WHY WHY WHY

Didn’t you continue on with this amazing story there’s soooo much more to this story and directions you could go. You certainly made Shakespeare look like a novice compare to your story. What a tragic life he had, fucked-up childhood, bashed, stab numerous times and to make things worse even though he had a low sperm count you had to have him fucking shot as a result an instant vasectomy. Fuck me dead , I certainly wouldn’t want to be one of your enemies with your fucked up mind. After saying all that, a well deserved ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 1 year ago

@ Aussie1951 - RE: Why Why Why

Ben Shepherds adventures spans multiple stories, in order they are:

The Shepherd of Ashburn Court > A Shepherd in France > A Shepherd Afield > The Shepherds Crook.

Click on the the Authors link to open up the list of all their published works and you will find all their various parts there. The end of this story, their flight to France neatly leads into the next story "A Shepherd in France", so read and enjoy!

jadbronsjadbrons12 months ago

You are a masterful writer. Thank you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9828 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES