All Comments on 'Contrast Ch. 04'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
Tallygirl1Tallygirl1about 9 years ago
This series leaves me breathless

This has to be one of the best stories I've read on Lit and from my personal library at home. I found myself thinking and reading with bated breath while Jenice was standing at the intersection to meet Dan: "please do not let her be hit by a passing car, PLEASE do not die!" Whew, I found myself truly invested in the story and the emotions of both characters. I am Team Dan & Jenice all of the way- "Danjen" because "Danice" removes his masculine form entirely. IanSaulWhitcomb, you are among my Top Five Faves!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Dude....EPILOGUE...yes!

You could tell she really loved him when his mom died. Kinda wished they would've said it then, but it was so funny when he found his book. Winning.

I'll give you five stars, if you give us an epilogue 😉

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
*****

Five.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 9 years ago

I felt like something was missing at the end. I felt more emotions from all of their sex sessions than what they were feeling at dinner. But they did have sex for a year without knowing each others names so I guess it adds to their weird relationship.

KhamalaniKhamalaniabout 9 years ago
five.

YES!!!! this was awesome!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Just amazing. I've been coming to this site for years and this is the first time I ever checked daily to see if the next installment in the series was posted. This is probably a little esoteric on my part, as a white man who writes for a living who has a serious thing for black women who look like Jenice, but the way it ended was just the best of all. Great job on this series.

D3liciousD3liciousabout 9 years ago
ITS OFFICIAL

I FUCKING LOVE YOU

airgodairgodabout 9 years ago
More!!

Absolutely love it. I agree this was this first series on here I was actually checking daily to see if the next installment was out. Please do a follow up series.

CherrypeachCherrypeachabout 9 years ago
Fantabulous! 👍👍👍👍

Please forgive me for I'm about to babble. Fantastic! Marvelous! Touching and romantic to boot. This is platinum stuff. Stunning writing, original story line, realistic characters and crazy/sexy/cool (& plentiful) sex. Awesome editing too! Should you decide to publish this gem, I'll wait in line to buy your book and pay loads of money for it. Lol I'll continue to be a devoted fan. Please take a bow/curtsy -- I wholeheartedly and giddily applaud you. ❤️❤️❤️👏👏👏

MyaHunterMyaHunterabout 9 years ago
oh my goodness!

Loved it, this was amazing!! This ending was perfect!

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyabout 9 years ago
I have to admit

I was quite concerned that ending this wonderful story that you'd built up so amazingly this soon, would feel rushed, but you proved me wrong! This was indeed perfect, I love these two. You get all the stars and I wish I could give you more ;-D

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you, one and all!

@Tallygirl1: What about Jendan? That way she comes first. ; )

@fawnsage: Blackmail, eh? Be careful what you wish for ...

@Anonymous (*****): : )

@ariesgirl: Sorry to hear it let you down. I'll look at that carefully on my next draft. Maybe I can get a little more emotion in along with the tension they feel during dinner.

@Khamalani: Thanks!

@Anonymous (Just amazing): I'm really glad it worked so well for you!

@D3licious: [GIANT HAPPY FACE EMOTICON!]

@airgod: I have several projects on my plate right now, but I do really like these two, so if any ideas pop into my head, I might get back to them at some point in the future ...

@Cherrypeach: So glad you liked it! I think Literotica rules forbid me to do anything that might sound like promotion of commercial materials, so I won't comment one way or another about publishing plans here. However, I doubt it will come as news that pretty much any writer would love to be paid loads of money!

@MyaHunter: Thank you!

@EroticLitKitty: My initial draft was slightly shorter than what I posted here. You can thank DonnaBeck for encouraging me to flesh the very ending out a bit more. I'm happy you liked it so much!

Deep SoakerDeep Soakerabout 9 years ago
A little more foreshadowing please

I enjoyed the story, the characters, and the ending.

My only complaint was that there was no foreshadowing about Dan being a writer, or about Jenice feeling that one author had such a major impact on her life. As the unspoken thoughts of both major characters were shared with the reader on several occasions, it should have been possible to introduce those ideas before part four of four.

However, please do not take this as rain on your parade. I still rate the story five stars.

kuriouskalekuriouskaleabout 9 years ago
fantabulous

That was so perfect. I was on the edge of my seat...full of tension from the whole will they or won't they moments. Loved every minute.

KittyOh48KittyOh48about 9 years ago
Amazingly Awesome Story!

I loved the way this story started and I loved the way it ended. I am sad about it, but happy it ended happily. You deserve more than 5 stars!!

Would it be too much to ask, for a Dan and Jenise 5 years later epilogue?

You have a new fan in me!

TooMuchEnnuiTooMuchEnnuiabout 9 years ago

Okay, that was so cute that Dan is literally Jenice's dream man!!!!! They have a whoooooooooole lot of talking to do. I'm sure they know more about each other than they realized or cared to admit, they were just lack formalities. Amazing story!! Epilogue maybe!??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
awwww

Shit now I'm disappointed its over. Loved the relationship you built between these two great characters. And the tonnes of sex just seemed to perfectly fit into the whole story without making it seem too much. One of my absolute favourite stories, I will definitely be reading anything else you write.

freegirl2012freegirl2012about 9 years ago
Medicine for the soul

IANSAULWHITCOMB first off....I love 'your' name. Second I am such a fan. Unable to sleep do to the flu I started reading your last chapter. I love how it flowed. It reads like poetry...soft....smooth. ...satisfying. I like when a story starts off in an unusual way and ends in a way you don't expect. I did expect they would get together, but the way you wrote it was so creative that it seemed new. I think you are an amazing talent and look forward to reading you again. I have only two favorite authors on this site and you are one of them. I hope you don't mind but every time someone expresses a distaste for my work...I site yours as an obvious choice as I don't see how they could be disappointed. I am a total weirdo when it comes to writing...no one sees...no one touches....never considered a collaboration in my life. I would consider it with you. ? Thanks....Five stars....freegirl2012

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
More Thank-You's!

@Deep Soaker: I agree with you about the foreshadowing. There is a passing line in Chapter 1 about his writing, but it's a lot of words between that one line and the finale, and I'll try to drop a reminder in when redrafting, as well as find a way to mention her reading habits.

@kuriouskale: I always like hearing that people were on the edge of their seats!

@KittyOh48 and TooMuchEnnui: People keep saying they want to hear more, so I'll probably try to do a followup at some point. Actually, I already wrote a half-serious/half-joking epilogue, but it's only 175 words and Literotica's minimum is 750. If you stop by again and see this, scroll down for the epiloguette!

@Anonymous (awwww): I didn't quite pull off my goal of writing a love story that consisted entirely of sex scenes, which was what I kind of had in mind at the start. But I'm glad to hear that I mostly managed to walk the right line.

@freegirl2012: So sorry you're under the weather! I hope you feel better soon. As for collaboration ... I've never done that either. Well, not with another writer; I wrote some comic book scripts a long time ago and had the interesting experience of seeing my ideas and descriptions transformed (sometimes drastically) in the illustration process. I'll have to meditate on the idea of a written teamup. But I definitely feel honored at the suggestion!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
Contrast - Epiloguette!

Them

“Nngghh! Dan – oh god –”

“That’s it, Jenice, come on ... come on, so close, honey ...”

“Uhhhh, FUCK!”

“Almost there ...”

“Shit, fuck – AAH, Aaah, Dan!”

“Yes, baby, you’re doing it, you’re so beautiful ...”

“Uahh ... Guhh ...”

“AAAAAAAHHH!”

“hhhh ... ohhh ... uhhh ...”

“That’s it, sweetie. You did it.”

“AAAAAAAHHH – AAAH!!”

“Well, congratulations, you two. This one’s a girl.”

“uhaha ... oh ... and ... that’s all, right? No more in there? Coz I am ... so done with this shit. Oh my god.”

“And do you have names for them yet?”

“Names? Fuck. Well, um, names aren’t really ... our thing. We’re kind of last-minute about them.”

“Perfectly all right. Don’t worry – there’s plenty of time. Are you ready to hold them?”

“Yes ... whew ...”

“Hell, yes!”

“Here you go, then. One for you ... and one for you.”

“Holy shit. Can you believe we really did this?”

“Not really.”

“They’re perfect.”

“Mm-hmm. I love you.”

“I love you too. You forgetting something, though?”

“Oh ... haha. Bitch.”

r0uger0ugeabout 9 years ago

Definitely one of the best I have read, so I am sad to see it is over. And that twist with the book was sweet. 5 STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Is it weird that I'm crying?

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor

@r0uge: Thanks! I'm not sure what I'll be working on next, but comments like yours make me want to get to it soon.

@Anonymous (Is it weird ...): Only if you think it's weird to give an author one of the best compliments he can ever receive! That response is what I dream of almost every time I sit down to write. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Keep rereading

The line about his only being in love with her for 11 and 1/2 mths... It made my tummy jump. I keep rereading it over and over. I can't believe their story's come to an end. Say it isn't so. I want to be a fly on their wall, or even better a fly on their no-wall because I'd love to see them navigate the world together.

I have to say, as a Black woman, I was put off by Janice's dialogue at first, but you redeemed yourself by making it part of her schtick, a joke she was playing to keep her distance and hide herself in plain sight.

Anyway, I've never bothered to write a comment, even though there are other good writers here, but I've developed a tremendous crush on Dan and, perhaps, even his creator. I'm compelled. Well done!

PS thx for not making his "size" a plot point. That always makes me think a 16 year old with a complex is writing. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Omg 😍

I love this story so much. I was a little thrown off by Jenices attitude but based on the sex her and Dan were having I fell in love with the story. The shower scene was my fave and the ending was soooo perfect. Please continue to write more! Very realistic too such an amazing job :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Keep rereading)

As a writer, I say goodbye to each story when I think it's reached the end. But I don't usually say goodbye to characters, because if I've done it right, readers should love the characters, and it's hard to pull that off without loving them myself. So if the right new story idea comes along for Dan and Jenice, I'll be delighted to spend some more time with them.

I'm sure Dan would be flattered by your crush ... though I'm not sure Jenice would take it as well! Ditto for me and my wife.

As for sizes, I'm not a fan of descriptions that feature inch measurements or bra cup sizes. I'm sure they work well for some people, but they're just not my thing. I'd rather say something is large or small and let the reader decide how that fits with their personal preferences. After all, one person's mouth-wateringly large may be another person's ridiculously oversized.

Thanks for writing!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Omg)

The shower scene was one of my favorites too. I'll definitely be writing more stories, though probably not in the next few weeks. Thanks for all the kind words!

RioRedKingRioRedKingabout 9 years ago
wonderful characterization

really well done

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks, RioRedKing!

I really enjoyed writing these characters, so I'm glad you appreciated them!

gramsyrgramsyrabout 9 years ago
Good story

I really enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved this

I enjoyed every chapter and look forward to you're next work. although I also blame you for increasing my need to claim a white boy like Jenice did lol.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
More thanks for the lovely comments

@gramsyr: Every person who likes my stories makes me feel a little bit better about the world, so thank you!

@Anonymous (Loved it): I just submitted a sci-fi story, but I'll warn you that it's very weird. Also, you have my best wishes for finding someone really nice to claim!

blueexoticablueexoticaabout 9 years ago
Wrapped up so nicely!

When I first started the story I didn't know where you were taking us...I just knew I liked the flow of the story...then you began to let us know what they were thinking about each other...how they developed feelings for each other and how nicely you ended it.

Kudos to you!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you, blueexotica!

I took several stabs at the ending before I felt like I had it right, so I'm really glad to hear that it paid off for you! : )

HookmeistrHookmeistrabout 9 years ago
Fanfuckingtabulous.....

Okay, so you compelled me to comment on your first story. Then I was about to get up from my desk and do some much needed work but I was drawn back to read "just one more"......and well, now here I am at the end having said "just one more" two more times. :) I have been so invested in the characters that I took the time after each story to read through ALL of the comments and even clicked on many of the bio's of your fans. In other words, I haven't wanted to get up and feel like this is finally ending. Although I didn't comment on chapters 2-3 I figured I would just wait until the end to leave my final comments.

The short version is simply wow..... To be more verbose though I was completely sucked into the characters. I desperately wanted them to become involved with their personal lives. I though when Dan's mother's passing was introduced that this would be the moment that would allow them to enter each other's lives via a serious life-moment that neither saw coming and thus avoid having them "cross the invisible line". I saw this opportunity as just that, an opportunity, and was surprised it didn't happen. I was, admittedly, slightly disappointed, but it was a fleeting disappointment, I assure you. It allowed the tension and build-up to remain in tact.

I will echo another's comment about the foreshadowing of Dan's author status and of Jenice's love of the author. It felt like you had grasped at the idea last minute and went with it rather than it being an ultimate goal in which you were slowly leading the characters. This is by no means a complain, I assure you. If somewhere along the way, references were made about him being a publisher/author then we might have begun to wonder if her love of a book or series of books could possibly be the tie-in that we all were hoping for. It would have conjured up ideas that possibly he was her fantasy author. Then we might have been left wondering if they were so close but yet so far. We might have pondered that if something were to happen between them that even though they were so close what a tragedy it would be if they never actually made the connection. Another level of tension would have been created within your readers. Lastly, on this topic, when he asked what her favorite scene in the book was, if she'd alluded to page 368, he could have interrupted with "oh, the meadow scene," which would have startled her and perhaps convinced her that he wasn't messing around with her and that he genuinely knew/loved the book. Then when he admitted to being the author it would have cemented in her mind that he might just be telling the truth. All of this should be taken with a grain of salt because, quite frankly, you did a perfect job as it is. These are mere ramblings from my mind. I guess what I'm trying to get across goes back to subtle foreshadowing and how powerful that can be in future works of yours. It always fun to take a seemingly unimportant bit of information from an earlier part of a story to an event later in the story to see how it all ties in and completes something special.

You are truly gifted and I will be reading your other works but not today as I have to actually get some work done!! :)

Best to you and your wife.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks, Hookmeistr!

Wow! You write epic comments!

There's a smidge of foreshadowing in the first "Them" section of Ch. 01 ... just a brief mention that he had to put aside his current fantasy novel because she got him so sex-obsessed. But it clearly wasn't enough, since so many people felt the author/reader thing came in too conveniently at the last moment. I'll be going back to revise the whole thing for publication soon, so I'll be sure to fix that. I'm glad you took the time to add your voice to the others who felt the same. Good feedback is always made better when it's consistent across multiple sources, and you expressed it very well.

Sorry I delayed the work you needed to do! I hope you got caught up!

Many thanks for having so much to say and saying it so well!

ladiebrowneyezladiebrowneyezabout 9 years ago
o.o

oh wow i like this ... not too long and not too short, love the ending

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
@ladiebrowneyez

I'm glad it held up for you!

silverstar88silverstar88about 9 years ago
Perfect Vacation Story

I'm on my first vacation in two years and I've decided to spend it at home. I'm so happy to have found your story! It's well written, unpredictable, and panty wetting with a great twist. I've never been so happy being alone in bed. ;) Please keep writing!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 9 years agoAuthor
@silverstar88

Happy vacation! I hope it provides all the rest and relaxation you need. I never tire of hearing that my stories have a physical effect on people, so thank you very much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very erotic and romantic!

This series has spoiled me. Very few others come close to the incredible passion and love and fun of this story. I can only hope to find a woman like Jenice. Five stars are not enough. Contrast is a perfect series. I predict that I will reread this one many times. Very well done, sir.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 9 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Very erotic and romantic!)

Glad you liked it! I hope to tweak it a bit and publish it at some point in the not too distant future, but I've got a lot on my plate right now.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

This story...wheewww...this story just put part of a fantasy of mine in writing and carried it out perfectly. Being naturally shy, the desire to even throw caution to the wind in spite of all consequences, giving my all to someone with total anonymity without any expectations other being a vice or outlet for sexual pleasure (providing I was accepted with all my curves) and being sexually free to express myself and explore my inner kinkiness while maintaining my responsibilities has long since dominated my dreams and desires since my teen years.

Thank you for allowing me to experience this carefully constructed series. As I type this a tear is actually running down my cheek.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 9 years agoAuthor

Thanks, Anonymous! It's always especially gratifying to hear that one of my stories had a strong emotional effect on a reader, so I really appreciate you taking the time to write in. I'll cross my fingers for you to find someone who can make the fantasy real!

tavernkeepertavernkeeperalmost 9 years ago
Thank You

I just want say thank you for sharing this story with us. It's been awhile since I have read anything that left me feeling so good. I look forward to reading the rest of your offerings and if you do publish elsewhere please let us know. Again, thank you.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 9 years agoAuthor

Thanks, Tavernkeeper!

I recently proofread and touched up almost the entire story for publication ... only to realize I had been working in an out-of-date file with an old ending! So now I have to go back to the start of the right document, because my touchups included some work to fix things from the excellent feedback I've gotten here.

I'll be sure to note in my profile when I finally get it published.

I truly appreciate the time you took to comment! Thank you so much!

silverstar88silverstar88over 8 years ago
One Of The First Stories I Favorited..

.. And I love reading it to this day! Please tell me you're going to write more stories! You're incredibly talented! 👏👏👏

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@silverstar88

I'm actually just a few scenes away from finishing the first draft of a new series. With any luck, I'll start editing and posting chapters in a week or two. Thanks for your words of encouragement!

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxover 8 years ago

Had to make you my fav author after this!

Wonderful end to a awesome story...

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@kuroukiphoenyx

This story took me a long time to write because it kept getting interrupted by other things. But I was really pleased with how it turned out, and I'm always thrilled to hear that people enjoy it. Thanks for letting me know!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazeeeeballllllsssss

Your story is so awesome!!!! I can't evennnn right now! That was absolutely excellente love :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Amazeeeeballlllsssss)

Glllladdddd you enjoyed it!

: )

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 8 years ago
I...

LOVED this with Dan and Jenice. Ch. 4 was everything and more to wait for!

The build-up was almost too painful but now I see it was worth it. It's lovely to see how they really connected and how well they understood each other--without having told each other anything before now. I would still though LOVE to see this continued.

This is so a 5! Loved it every way possible.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Comentarista82

Thanks, Comentarista! That means a lot to me.

As for a sequel ... I don't know. I love these characters, and if a new storyline with them occurs to me, I'll be delighted to come back to them. But everyone wants me to do sequels to all of my series! It's so hard to decide what to write!

I'm sure I'll be back with something new soon, though.

Happy Thanksgiving!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Amazed

I came on the website for an alternative to porn but Contrast had me on another level. It is a work of art, love so palpable in writing, that I couldn't stop till I finished the whole of it. Great job!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Amazed)

Thanks and more thanks for letting me know how you feel. I'm pretty proud of this story, and it's always wonderful to get feedback that makes me think my pride is at least mostly justified!

jmw744jmw744about 8 years ago
Great.

I'm a sucker for sexy love stories. This one is damn sure a love story and sexy as hell.

I have to tell you that I studied creative writing and I am a published writer. Nothing big just a few short stories in small press mags. I did win some small contest and was paid a few bucks for them; however, I cannot write erotica like you do. This was a good story. Not just a good fuck story, but a great love story. You have a good voice.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@jmw744

Thanks for the high praise! And don't sell yourself short on any professional publication. That's an achievement regardless of how many times you've done it or the scale of the magazine. It sounds like your writing resume is more noteworthy than mine!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful

Beautiful, sexy, hot,

I almost cried at the end.

I need a guy just like this.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wonderful)

The world would sure be a lot better place if everyone could find their Dan or Jenice!

I hope it doesn't come across wrong to admit that I get pretty misty-eyed at points in this chapter too. I'm deeply flattered whenever I hear that I've succeeded in sharing some of that emotion with others.

Thank you so much for commenting!

PassionfingersPassionfingersabout 8 years ago

Simple, I rate this highly!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Passionfingers

And I say the same about your comment!

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fantastik

Great story!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Fantastik)

Thank you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Damn, that was some mighty fine writin' there!

Thank you!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Damn, that was some mighty fine writin' there!)

I'm really glad you liked it. This story is one of my favorites, especially this chapter.

Thanks so much for commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fuck

There was a whole lot of fucking there and yet it was good, good? Usually sex driven stories are boring, repetitive and cheap. They lack sense. These two had character, despite their constant fucking, their personality showed.

I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Fuck)

We've been deceived by our culture into believing that sex is an animal activity, not a fundamentally human one. As a result, even people who are pro-sex tend to focus on its gratification aspects, not its connective ones. So most fuck stories are about the physiological rather than the psychological benefits of sex. It's a real measure of how damaged we all are by sex-negative socialization.

Can you imagine someone expressing surprise about finding deep emotional content in a story with one of the following setups?

Two people meet while jogging in the park where two paths join. They smile at each other and run side-by-side for a while because their speeds are pretty much the same. They each get greater enjoyment out of the experience than from running alone, and on a whim, agree to meet up and jog regularly without talking.

Or: Two people end up sitting at adjacent tables in a restaurant. Each of them finds this restaurant a cozy comfort spot, and the chef's skills always result in a unique dining experience. After noticing each other in the restaurant regularly, one of them approaches the other after a meal and says, "I'm not trying to pick you up or anything, but I just had to gush to someone about how fantastic the salmon was tonight." They agree to start dining together with discission limited to the food and ambiance of the restaurant.

Or: Two people are stranded on a desert island together. One is deaf and mute, and the doesn't understand sign language or English, so their initial communications are obviously very restricted. But it's cold at night, and so they always sleep huddled together for warmth and comfort.

Nobody would expect those stories to be shallow or crass based on the descriptions. Written well, they might even win awards in the mainstream fiction world and get made into blockbuster movies. But even if Contrast were written ten times as well as it is, it would never win a literary award and could never be made into an acclaimed Hollywood film. 50 Shades of Grey attained notoriety, but I don't know of anyone who respects it artistically.

Hopefully things will change someday. Until then, I guess I'll just keep writing stories about fucking!

: )

upstateguyupstateguyover 7 years ago
So good

Incredibly good story-- great sex, nice build-up of the relationship, good writing

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@upstateguy

Thanks! I'm in a bit of a motivational slump right now, so it's great to hear that people appreciate what I'm doing.

ErisJadeErisJadeover 7 years ago
Still love this story!!!!

Had to come back and reread this because I absolutely adore this story and have not been able to shake it. Thank you for such a lovely, entertaining, engaging tale!!!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@ErisJade

Thanks for coming back and for posting such a nice comment! I come back to this one once in a while myself. It's nice to know others think it holds up to repeated readings too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A slump you say....

This story is just as good now as when I read it 6/30/15. This submission of yours may not make it to the movie screen at this moment, however the sincerity and the emotion felt in those unspoken images presented in the form of words causes one to use their imagination and dream for the possibilities. Never doubt your ability to manipulate words to create a fantasy that could come true whether it be by bringing words to life in a story or encouraging a chat that began as something purely sexual that led to a meeting with hopes of future possibilities. I believe you have a beautiful crafted gift. Never doubt what feedback you are given💋

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (A slump you say ...)

What a lovely and uplifting comment! Thank you so much.

I certainly do put a lot of faith in the appreciation readers have shown me here. The issue is more one of the bigger picture of my writing vocation. I really do feel that this is what I am meant to do, and I've got a lot of confidence that I'm at least moderately better than average as a writer. But there's no sign that I'll be able to make it a full-time occupation before I hit retirement age, and that's frustrating.

Having people post delightful things like you did helps, though! I'll do my best to keep my chin up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I could live off this couple...

Oh my gosh, this was such a wonderful fic/ fix!!! Would I be greedy to ask for an epilogue, lol!! This couple was excellent, raw and surprisingly real. Your writing was superb and the sex scenes, HAWT!! I want to know more about them!! Thank you for such a wonderful fic!!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (I could live off this couple ...)

I actually wrote a mini-epilogue earlier in the comments! (1/31/15) It's super-short, though.

There are definitely a lot of areas that could be explored with Dan and Jenice. How do their friends and family react when they find out? How much of a difference does it make, learning more about one another and trying to make their lives fit together, not just their schedules?

If I ever attain that dream goal of writing full time, I'm pretty sure I'll come back to them and write some of that into a story. I'm not sure when that will be, though, and until I hit the big time, I've got a ton of different stories begging for sequels, making it so hard to choose what to write next!

Thank you tons and tons for the positive feedback and encouragement!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@BlackCaramelCreme

Wow! Thank you so much!

silverstar88silverstar88over 7 years ago
Buying A Kindle!

I've been toying around with the idea of purchasing one, but if I can have your story on it, that's even more incentive. I've commented before, and 'Contrast' has been in my favorites since I first signed up for the site and I still love reading it to this day! I am writing my own stories and have been thinking about posting them here. Quality writing, such as yours is a huge motivation! Thank you, Ian! 👏👏👏

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@silverstar88

I really like my Kindle, and I got a little bluetooth keyboard for it, so I even use it to write sometimes. I hope you get as much mileage out of yours if you get one. All of us need to do our part to help Jeff Bezos buy the entire Solar System someday ... : )

If you do put some of your writing up, let me know so I can check it out!

Thank you for your continued encouragement. It really does help a great deal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1481308106

another great story, the mutual anonymity of the protagonists made this very erotic. thank you for your writing.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (1481...)

Thanks! I'm always happy to see this story continuing to get nice comments... It's one of my favorites!

gara5289gara5289almost 7 years ago

Loved this series.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@gara5289

Thank you! I'm glad you did!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good job

Yep, it is a good one, loved the pace and style.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Good Job)

Thanks!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 6 years ago
YAY!

You milked that and twisted it and even through a loop or two in... but damn if I didn't finish it with a big happy smile.

J

illwindillwindabout 6 years ago

Fantastic story, start to finish. I love how it simultaneously was and wasn't focused on the interracial aspect of their relationship. I loved that even though we only got small details of their lives, they told so much about their characters(her being an orphan, his short lived engagement); not to mention how those little details seemed to be screaming that both of these people wanted/needed a serious and committed relationship.

As for an epilogue; I say keep it short and sweet. They rush home and in the mad dash to strip down he kicks off his pants and something flies out of his pocket. It clatters across the floor and bumps into her foot. When she picks up the ring box and looks over at him with shock, he just says: "Uhh...Marry me, bitch?"

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 6 years agoAuthor
@JasonRTaylor

I aim to please! Very nice of you to let me know I succeeded. Muchos gracias!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 6 years agoAuthor
@illwind

You can find the epilogue if you scroll back through these final-chapter comments. It’s very short!

Thanks so much for all your feedback — it really means a lot to me when people appreciate my characters and understand so well what I was trying to do with them.

: )

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
i love you!!!!!!

best story iv read on here !!!!!!!!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (i love you!!!)

Thanks! I love you too!

MinxieleeMinxieleealmost 5 years ago
i love this

its so raw, they are afraid to reveal anything I know how they feel We were on the rollercoaster with them

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 5 years agoAuthor
@Minxielee

I used to love rollercoasters when I was a kid ... for some reason they scare me more now!

Glad you liked the story, and thank you so much for commenting!

rnebularrnebularalmost 5 years ago
Absolutely loved it

This budding romance was presented in a very original way, and I enjoyed every second of all 4 parts. The only feedback I have would be the constant shift of focus/PoV was a little unsettling, but only just. Thank you for sharing this with us.

RNebular

moewest1749moewest1749almost 5 years ago
Bravo!

I see why this is an interracial hall of fame piece on Lit, it is f*cking amazing! I disagree with the critique that the POV transition was a downfall of the story. I guess I have seen it done poorly on this site (I am guilty of it myself) that seeing it done well is refreshing. You can tell a writer is good at the craft when they can 'show' you a character without having to 'tell' you about them. Also, thank you thank you thank you for writing a work about a beautiful black woman and a white guy without race baiting and stereotyping (the rap music part was close...but you spun it so well). But, that's probably the mark of a good writer--the ability to make the reader think they will see one thing and then give them something entirely different! This is a sexy, vivid story that hits the emotional and sexual without things getting too 'high drama.' Bravo!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

@rnebular: Sorry the POV shifts were too much for you at times ... I tried to keep a pretty steady pattern of him/her/them to help the reader get into a rhythm, but it’s a balancing act. Glad to hear you liked it overall, though!

@moewest1749: Many thanks for the high praise! I’m always on the fence about that rap sequence when I reread it. Rap is a big genre nowadays, and I worry people might think the story is stereotyping by focusing on the small portion of it that’s raunchy. But I also felt like it let me explore the characters’ internal reactions to those issues of stereotyping, so I just went with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Age

Out of curiosit, how old is Dan here since we know Jenice's age.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 4 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Age)

Well, he’s been writing and self-publishing for at least 8 or 10 years, so I’d say late 20s or early 30s. Not much older than that, or Jenice would certainly have mentioned it in her narration. To be honest, I only needed to pin Jenice’s age down because her birthday figured in the story. She seemed driven enough that she would have finished her degree by now if she were much past her mid 20s, even allowing for her working full time while in school.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do white men who like black women also like trans? I keep finding these to be true of white male writers who post interracial stories. It's as if they are conclusive and it's concerning to me if they see black women as masculine. The black female character seems to always bare the brute of the pain, hurt and sadness showing she must be strong and struggle before some white knight approaches to save the (her) day. Just a thought. Anyway I'm asking as a writer if the white male character was broken are you afraid it may show vulnerability in the author? Are you afraid it may perhaps reflect on the author? In other words are you writing from experience or just purely imagination?

Allegedly_LiterateAllegedly_Literateover 2 years ago

You think having anal five times in six months is rare?!? No, no it's not especially if you're on the receiving end. So okay this entire story was way to short, very risky and sweet-ish. I guess you can probably not likely base a relationship off of great sex. Eh🤷🏽‍♀️. This could never work today as people are crazy asf these days. Some pervy guy walking up on you eyefucking you in the process would get pepper sprayed and swift knee to his groin. #metoo

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
959 Followers
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Contrast Ch. 03 Previous Part
Contrast Series Info