All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 38'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 110 Comments
postiemanpostiemanabout 9 years ago
love it

bit harder to follow in places but still brilliant, keep up the good work m8

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
lost me

At the child torture, no thanks

sailandoarsailandoarabout 9 years ago
Wow,

wow, wow...... Wish I could write something that is wittier and clever but your writing takes what little breath I have.... Away!

cliuincliuinabout 9 years ago
Oops

Cael is like a snow blanket , peaceful and harmless , you can have fun with him , but if you are poking and pushing you have to deal with an avalanche and that is pretty much an unstoppable force .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Story

I have thoroughly enjoyed this story from its very first chapter, but I feel like it is slowly moving away from its roots. There are so many gods and goddesses involved now that I feel like we are losing touch with the characters that we spent 20-25 chapters getting to know so well. We barely even see references to most of the Host now because half of each chapter is Cael's interactions with Gods/Goddesses either now or reliving their pasts.

I would love to see more interaction with the host in the act of carrying out this "war" with a little less space spent on the occult. The interludes with Ishara made some great points, but involving so many deities in the story is diluting it a bit in my opinion and negating the human side of the story a bit.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
riding a rollercoaster in a tornado

FS, goddamn wow! Bravo! This chapter covered so many important plotarcs while building up the storyline. I mean, I am in awe, jealously wishing I could write this fantastic.

The sex is erotic. The violence heart-rendering. The weave of characters create a lovely tapestry of relationships, both good and evil.

I thought your description of the supernatural faith, how that interacts with the natural universe. To be an excellent explanation of how the common belief in superstitious fantasies effect and affect peoples comprehension of reality.

For the Real world, we use telescopes and microscopes. For the supernatural, we peer at it through the kaleidoscope of our dreams and nightmares.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Brilliant

You've answered our prayers and put more pages per chapter... That was ecstacy... Amazing FS... I'll rereading and plotting for hours...

Looking forward to the role of the amazon royalty...

And the traitor.

Great Writing.

P.S.: Don't worry a thing abt your reviews, just write as the story appears to you. I'd much rather read the unblemished narrative.

pravzypravzyabout 9 years ago
Masterstroke...

Abso"fucking"lutely awesome... This chapter was worth the wait..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Healing Effect

-Warning!!! Spoilers-

Hi FinalStand, great chapter as usual. That said, I noticed that while Cael managed to get healed, Aya didn't - did I just miss it or are you really going to leave her permanently maimed?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nicely done!

Been following your story since the first chapter and it just gets better and better! One thing though; please, please, please, please, please f_(k up Felix badly! Imagining that smug little smirk of his wiped off his face would very satisfying to read!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The best.

I've been reading Literotica for years and this is easily the best story I've read on this site and almost all of the fiction I've ever read. Please find a good way to complete this series (but not too soon).

AmmononAmmononabout 9 years ago
Felix

When I first read this chapter I was pissed at Felix too. However when I comunicated this to FS he set me straight. I enclose his reply to me so you can understand the situation and realize what monsters the Amazons truely are.

From FS:

Felix was acting as Katrina's agent. He knew the whole deal and was glad he was chosen ~ more people should get the "Real Melena" aesthetic. Katrina need someone to handle the upfront meeting ~ to put a face to the treason and who better than Felix?

Felix wasn't the bad guy here. He even found a way to get Aya and Cael their phone memory cards, Cael his honor blade and his gifts for Dot Ishara.

Felix was also 'Cael's out'. Katrina knew the moment he saw Felix that this was all Katrina's doing. There was no way Felix could pull this off himself and no Amazon at Havenstone would trust him to be part of a true conspiracy. Had Cael called out for Felix to help, an Elsa-led Amazon team would have swarmed the building, ending the mission.

By handing over both Cael and Aya, Felix has guaranteed that his 'traitor team' is a credible source of information inside Havenstone. This way, Katrina can guess 7P intentions toward the Amazons by what information the 7P ask for. At the key moment, Katrina can feed them truly damaging data and make them bleed. This is all a plan by Katrina to fuck with the 7P. You know when she makes her move, they will bleed and bleed and bleed.

And Yes, Katrina throw Aya out there to sell the lie. Both Aya and Cael understand that and Aya knows that she is fulfilling the role of every other Amazon by risking her life for the host. Cael knows the same thing, but it still angry about it. Not so angry that he cancelled the mission though.

I hope this helps. FS

So that is the truth of the matter. I thank FS for his allowing me to share this explanation. I hope it might help his other readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Aya

Aya being harmed is tragic. What we have to remember though is that the Amzons are a Martial order. Caels scars are an aphrodisiac to the normal Amazon. If Cael can't get the Goddess's to heal her, she will be proud of her scars she recieved in the cause of the Amazon Tribes. Aya comes into her own here. She "finds her stillness". This is her Rite of Passage, she recieves earlier than expected. All Amazons have to face some kind of test at 12 years old that is life threatening. This could be Aya's, although she is 9. I am conjectureing here because I cannot speak for FS. I do know that Aya was able to do this because Cael was with her. Cael was able to over come because Aya was with him. Cael and Aya together are unstopable. This is why Katrina allowed Cael to be kidnaped, she gave him Aya.

Thank you FS. Awesome chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thanks for continuing

I read your Ebb Tide and figured that New Hire was on vacation. So I'm surprised that you are continuing it. I'm amazed at your imagination and energy to juggle two very exciting stories. I have not yet read Chpt 38, but as a pointer for Ebb Tide - you may have "V" express some anger, frustration, and (maybe) violence at how EVIL the bureaucrats at the VA have become. Nice to see a combat veteran as a subject.

Thanks for juggling two stories,

LesbianLumberjack

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Aya, Goddesses and Cael returning to Havenstone

Aya will not be healed. She will bare that scarring for the rest of her life. I have consulted with several real-world female archers and they have guaranteed me Aya will have no significant difficulty shooting a bow. She is a daughter of Epona, not Ishara, so it is not the place for Dot Ishara's to meddle with (or heal) Aya. Even more, Amazons value their scars. Aya will still take her 12th year test with all her other age-mates. She wouldn't want it any other way. Not only has she adopted Cael's humility, she truly believes she only acted as a true Amazon would ~ nothing special (she's wrong, but she likes to think the most of her sisters). As a reader commented above, Cael couldn't have done what he did without Aya and Aya drew strength from Cael. It should also noted someone else thinks the world of Aya and her abilities ~ Katrina. She supplied Cael an Amazon to stand at his side, hiding in plain sight. Aya was even compassionate enough to warn Mu and Zhen what a colossal mistake they were making by letting either of them (Aya and Cael) live. The Seven Pillars people mocked her over that (off-screen) until the very end. Aya is a Winner.

On the topic of Goddesses ~ this is pretty much it for a while. What I've tried to project is that the world has a supernatural element, but magic in all its forms is highly dangerous to manipulate. Technology is almost always the better option.

As for Cael and Havenstone: There is one last side-trip planned (Brazil). A cease-fire is about to break out, giving the world some breathing space and more of a chance for the professionals to take the lead in JIKIT. Cael will get to return to being an intern until the great hunt. He also has to integrate Saku and Kwen, and the new House SzélAnya into Havenstone culture. That's more than enough to keep him busy at home. Lets not forget Felix. Those two have to get a game plan for dealing with the Great Hunt if either of them is going to win. And 'No'. The two guys can't smuggle Aya into the target area with them. Too many Amazons will be on the lookout for that. Nor may Aya participate in the Great Hunt ~ she's still too young.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
on the subject...

... of good and evil, LesbianLumberjack accused bureaucrats of the Veteran's administration of being evil. No, it is worse than that.

See, the history of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The Native Hawaiians have an old saying: "The Church Missionaries came to do us good. And they wound up doing very well for themselves."

Bureaucrats of government agency, corporate enterprises, religious institutions, NGO's of many types, are individuals who may or may bot have personally committed evil acts. But continue to serve in as a cog in the machinery of the Juggernaut.

It is a structural flaw in human/social relationships that we are conditioned by tens of thousands of years being domesticated by "civilized' slave-owners to grovel before the Pharaoh.

We avoid the self-inflicted pain of self-responsibility when we enforce loyalty tests. When we punish anyone not of our tribe or social group for failing to submit too the revered ancient customs of our little village.

Like that other old joke: "We each want to have the power to force everyone else to Christian Virtues. While we continue to enjoy committing Pagan Vices."

retread2retread2about 9 years ago
Solid gold.

Your mind amazes me. Please keep writing.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
LesbianLumberjack

Oddly enough, while V - Vance doesn't go after the Veteran's Affairs Admin., but a good friend (I'm not going to give away too much) puts a tidy sum of money toward the Wounded Warrior Project ~ all on her own because of Vance's greatest sense of accomplishment is that he always brought his people back alive [Chapter Three]. She understands that not all of them fully recovered and that despite his protestations, he does care about the people he served with, from [Chapter 2] Golf Company, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), his first assignment back in 1999 until he left the SOG in July 2014, right before the story begins. Now, I am not going to officially release Ebb Tide 2 until I finish LNH 39 ... because that's the new game plan, even though Ebb Tide 2 is fully done (edits included) and Ebb Tide 3 is already with the editors. I'm hoping this will help me push this LNH's first round (probably ending with the Great Hunt) before jumping to something new, or finish up all the other freaking stories I've left hanging.

gemman1gemman1about 9 years ago
WORTH THE WAIT

You have done another outstanding job. I hope you are getting plenty of sleep now. Just let the story flow out and put a cork in it when you need your rest.. I am looking forward to getting back to the core of the story line but don't let the flow you have going to stop.

Great job.. looking forward to 39...

For LesbianLumberJack.. It sounds like you may have put up the Insanity and Chaos that is the VA.. I know I have.. Keep your chin up and keep beating the walls down. The more VETS who keep chipping away at the Bureaucratic Walls, the faster they will come down. The WWII Vets are dying off with the Korean Vets.. the Vietnam Vets are burning out.. Those of us who are the "In Betweens" are too few. It is time for the New Generation to take up the call..

Lonely_readerLonely_readerabout 9 years ago
You're the man

This chapter has everything that lured me to the story and your work in general. Awesome job

G1breelG1breelabout 9 years ago
Really?!?!?!?

So I got my four-way.

THAT'S IT????

So ripped off, FS. You taunt us with that for two chapters and that's all we get.? :-)

More seriously, this continues to be a great read. I will now return to my daily checking of your author page waiting for the next chapter.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 9 years ago
Ooops He did it again! 5*'s

Another great chapter FS!

I really wish Cáel could sneak Aya in for the hunt. I just have this vision of Elsa being knock out by a trap, waking up, and Aya is standing over her bound prone body. Aya smiles and says “Hello Elsa. You disappoint me. You lost me a bet with Buffy. I thought you would be harder for me capture, but Buffy assured me you wouldn't.” I just imagine the glare from Elsa.

Just a funny thought. Thank You for keeping the story to what you envision FS. If anyone has enjoyed the story then they should be happy with were you take it, that is how we have arrived here after all.

For the nay sayers. If they really did not like what you are writing, lets face it is not like there is not many other stories they could be reading and let us enjoy your meanderings in peace.(hint, hint people. And by the way at least have the wherewithal to put a name to your rantings please.)

Please keep up the good work FS, and get some sleep. Thank you.

lmarkolmarkoabout 9 years ago
gr8 job

damn, it took me 3 days to read all the chapters so far, my recommendation to possible readers .... don't start reading you'll get hooked on it and wont be able 2 stop reading till 5 am (from personal experience), lol.

the story is great, i really hope 2 see the rest of it, the story plays on all emotions especially laughter, the only other story that made me laugh like this that comes on my mind is "a god called bruce". my deepest thanks to the author, coauthors, editors and everyone else responsible for bring this story to existence. (btw this is the longest comment i have ever posted on any story so far so that pretty much tells u that i like the story a lot).

thanks once again and good luck with writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Willing to buy

Ok. Let me say it. I am willing to plunk down cash for this gem of a story in exchange for a PDF file that I can read uninterrupted, wow. Great chapter great dialogue. I'm On the edge of my seat in anticipation

SynapsisSynapsisabout 9 years ago
Awesome chapter

i think this has been my favorite chapter so far. My only regret is that the foursome between Lady Yum-Yum, Riki, and Javiera was only mentioned in brief passing. FinalStand, you have been mentioning that group coupling for 2 chapters now, and the lack of a sex scene was kind of disappointing. Other than that VERY nit picky detail, I loved this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
EVOLUTION

HI THIS IS ABOUT THE ENTIRE STORY......SIMPLY PUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MOVIE OR SERIES MADE !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great

Took many hours away from other projects this week reading the series after getting hooked with ch 1. Keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
tomorrow is my birthday

and all I want is for the Admins to approve whatever FS submits without having to wait a week to be processed.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

The fault is mine, not Lit's. I'm about 5000 words into LNH 39. I'm bouncing around through three stories, but right now I've got a bad cold. Plus, yesterday I cracked a tooth down to the core ~ really painful and makes it hard to sleep (due to health issues, I am having them all yanked on March 6th). I'm taking Benzocaine 20%, but I'm feeling like numb and 'punchy'. For you, Anonymous, if you drop me a line and I'll send you Ebb Tide 2 & 3 for your birthday. Both are finished ... and I'm keeping to my promise to myself and not submitting anything else before LNH 39. I am currently (Feb. 15th 2015) in communication with a swordswoman / stuntwoman / author who knows how to use a Jian (Chinese sword) so that I can make the scenes between Zhen and Cael feel as real as possible.

FknRaFknRaabout 9 years ago
no longer anonymous

Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait semi-patiently like everyone else. Just knowing you have them finished is good enough for me. stick to your plan. Teeth issues suck, had a molar crack in half due to wisdom tooth crowding before i had em yanked. at least you have drugs. I found that placing a used tea bag between the gum and cheek helps. The astringent nature of the tea helps with swelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
No Spoilers FS... Shhh.

Hello?! Did you forget we are all hooked? Nada spoilers. We want the best experience your words can give.

I hope the tooth pain has gone down. Be well.

Gemini_KnightGemini_Knightabout 9 years ago
5 children on the way

I only remember three (possibly four) women that Cael knocked up. Did I miss one (not counting Lady Yum-Yum), cause I don't think he slept with Serena and i don't think Ester was pregnant last we heard. Anyway great story just trying to keep the details straight. An updated character post would be great and help keep all the characters and their relationships clear in the readers' minds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sorry I am late

YOU KNOW FS your dates are wrong. need to concentrate on them.

ex. (Monday, August 15th ~ 28 Days to go) is actually Friday, if it is as I think it is in 2014.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
The Wrong Date - Yep

Yes. I corrected that in one of the drafts but forgot to carry it over. I corrected that in LNH 39.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5 children on the way

Pregnancies confirmed by Sakuniyas: Miyako Yuki, ninja; Tadêfi, Augur; Sikia, guardian.

The other two could be: Rhada, who will name her daughter- Parvati, after the Hundu mother goddess and Ester Abed, it's true- not confirmed, but a given for future Khanate alliances. Also maybe Hana, but not enough information for speculation. Still pretty impressive for a 5-6 week period. Since he's going to have a bunch more kids, jeez, don't even want to think about his child support payments.

mirage111mirage111about 9 years ago
And we wonder why the salary

Now we know why he was given a huge starting salary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Still fresh and exciting

Thanks again for a wonderful story. I definitely would buy a ebook on this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sword Fight Scene

This is gonna be an epic sword fight scene...hopefully with descriptive impregnating too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
any progress?

Your next to last post didn't sound like February was a fun month. I hope it has improved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
all's good, but...

sorry to read that your sick, hope u get better soon, story's beyond gr8, the only 2 things i miss are the nerf guns and tag teaming with pamela to drive everyone crazy

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Update March 3rd 2015

I'm holding off finishing up LNH 39 until after my surgery Friday, the 6th. I've already written 7500 words and am only half way to where I want to conclude the chapter.

(a tidbit)

**

I took the medical bag from a wide-eyed and happy Aya.

“We are down to two of them,” she huffed. “Perhaps you should ask her to surrender now, while they still can?” I snorted then chuckled.

“Do you really think proud scions of Duan will bow before the Amazons?” I asked her. Aya fatigued mind worked that question over.

“No, you are right. I don’t think they are smart enough to know when they are beat. Cáel, they called me ‘Chǒulòu de cuòwù’ … or something like that,” Aya kept her eyes on Zhen. “What does that mean?” It took me a second to piece that together. You can tell a great deal about people if you catch them talking about you behind their backs … or when they think you can’t understand what they are saying.

“Ugly Bug,” I translated. Aya snorted.

“That was rude. We can call her ‘Lúsìla ninda’,” she proclaimed loud enough for Zhen to hear, “and we can call him Amar.”

I had to applaud her choice of names for our would-be killers.

See, Lúsìla ninda roughly translated from Amazon to English as ‘cupcake’. Amar was Amazon for ‘calf’ which was a play on his Mandarin name – ‘Mu’.

“Dumu?” I indicated her. Aya’s eyes sparkled. Duma was the diminutive for ‘daughter’.

“Atta,” she murmured back. That was ‘respectful Father’; a title no Amazon girl had addressed a man with in … well maybe, ever. The term was largely religious and only used in the terms of female divinities referring to divine paternals.

“Take the gun,” I withdrew the QSW-06 from the medical bag. “I’m going to take a look at Mu.”

**

HamanoHamanoabout 9 years ago
Keep well FS

I know, you know, all your Amazon proselytes want you to feel good so we can follow your many dreams, have great faith after your operation you will be able to accomplish everything you want.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
get well

Sry to hear you haven't been well. I hope everything goes alright on the 6th and that you get better! Take care of yourself :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Get well!

Thank you for the hours of enjoyment. Take care and get well soon.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 9 years ago
Get well

I hope for all to go and be well FS.

LustKnightLustKnightabout 9 years ago
Best wishes

Hope all goes well with the surgery, FS.

Tyralil34Tyralil34about 9 years ago
Cael and Caitlyn Ruger

I'm assuming nothing can happen between Cael and Caitlin until after the 84 days are up but we haven't heard a peep from her since ages ago and id love to see what happens between the 2. also i really hope you able to finish this story, I've read every one of your stories but this is by far my favorite, I've read it like 12 or so times all the way from chapter 1 and it would be a shame for it to end unfinished. and i hope everything works out. your possibly my favorite author on here and i'd absolutely love to read more of your work.

AmnarAmnarabout 9 years ago

All the best and a speedy recovery

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
I can't believe it! [Bad News]

I went to the most incompetent dental surgeon's office today. We arrived at noon for the prep for my surgery at one o'clock. The woman at the window informed us we didn't have an appointment. Then she discovered we didn't have an anesthesiologist so she'd cancelled our appointment ~ by calling the wrong home number - twice. She had my wife's mobile number, but never called it. The call to confirm the cancellation never came - because she had the WRONG DAMN NUMBER! My wife called to confirm the appointment this morning around 9 and they told us to show up ... Fucking Idiots! Best of all, the referred us to another surgeon on the opposite side of town, but they wouldn't call them. We had to. They will see me at 3:30 today for the consultation, not the surgery. I fasted for nothing. Better yet, the initial dentist won't renew my Oxycodone and Amoxicillin to help me deal with the inflammation on the right side of my jaw. The lower left and upper right were also infected. Those two areas are now under control ... until I run out of pills. So ... I remain in a great deal of pain, am depressed and waiting for the next full-blown manic phase to hit and ruin my sleep ... and in limbo. I apologize to everyone for making you wait even longer for Chapter 39. I am not in the mood for writing a happy ending right now and I don't want to ruin what I have found to be an upbeat, if cathartic, tale. FinalStand

MethusalemMethusalemabout 9 years ago
Get well andd kick some dentist ass

Absolutely understandable to keep Ch. 39 back and even with our addiction everyone should unerstand. I really hope the pain will be managable and you cath at least a bit of sleep.

Get well fast and take the time you need.

Flymaster60Flymaster60about 9 years ago
Just cant Believe It

I have heard of some stupid shit before but this takes the cake,Take care of yourself and no channeling your inner Cael ..... OK ? All that matters is your health right now... dont worry about the stories....we will be praying ( sending you positive energy ) get well soon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hope you get well soon FS

Man, FS, I hope you feel better soon. That oral surgeons office sounds horrible. They should have at least given you another round of antibiotics.

AmnarAmnarabout 9 years ago

That truly sucks, here´s hoping everything works out for the best.

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuabout 9 years ago
Take care and get better

Talk about incompetent empty heads. Having to deal with that when you are already in pain must have been frustrating. Take care and I wish you a speedy recovery.

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyabout 9 years ago
take your time

Heal, get better, then finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Get well soon!

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you and another Update (March 9th 2015)

My surgery was scheduled for March 26th ~ so, fuck it. I started writing again on LNH 39 last night +2009 words and growing. I'm going to wait a few days to get in a better mood for the romantic scene and ... then I'll put fingers to page no matter what. Right now I'm writing the back half of the chapter and Cael's interactions with other people. I'm aiming to have 39 to the editors by Friday. Thank you everyone for your support.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

My prayers for your health. Get well soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Take care of yourself first

I think everyone who reads this story is very happy with your last post. I also think most would agree that you need to take care of yourself first. Please take your time and good luck with your next appointment. Get well soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
How many more chapters remain?

Love this story!!! Keep up the great work!! How many chapters remain before the end comes? When the end comes, which story are you going to get back to first? I hope you get back to One in Ten as it sounded (at last update) that ch 11 was half done and that one was also another outstanding story! Get well soon and give the dentist hell over this SNAFU! I'd recommend biting their fingers off the next time you see that jerk!

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Ugh ...

I have been in the grips of a deep, dark depression for the past three days. I haven't written 500 words in ANY story. Since I normally write between 2,000 and 5000 words a day somewhere, on something (about half of my stories never get published). Along the way I normally do some self-editing. I am so sorry. I failed to meet my Friday deadline which double sucks because I got so much done on LNH39 Wednesday. I apologize. I'll keep hammering away, hoping something cracks.

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyabout 9 years ago
Hay, take the time

your health is much more important then the story take the time you need.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Health

Don't worry about the chapter when you should be trying to get better, the story can wait but your health cannot, so take some time for your health. We may love the stories you write, but if you're not healthy then how do we get more? Answer: we wait for you to get better first. Here's to hoping you get to feelng better soon, as always love the storyline. Take it easy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Take care of yourself

the stories are great and I can't wait to read more, however, you matter a whole lot to many people who are a part of your life. Take great care of yourself and come out the other side of this depression. This too shall pass.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Update (March 18th, 2015)

Well, LNH 39 remains frozen as my total output in ALL MY WRITING since Friday night (Fri. 13th) has been less than 1,000 words. My mind is spiraling down to a dark place and I'm not sure what kind of schedule I can keep so ... I've released Ebb Tide 2 & 3 as well as three other stories that have been sitting in limbo for months ~ November thru January. They are 'Reaping What You Sow #1' [a modern fantasy tale], Sleeping? #1 [a Mother-Son incest story], and WMD #1 [my interracial parody]. Honestly, I almost have enough for Ebb Tide #4 (+20,000 words), Sleeping? #2 (5,300 words) and WMD #2 (26,000 words) - they need to be polished up a bit and fleshed out. Again, this isn't an end of LNH ... I was working on the above stories as I was writing most of the "30+ chapters". I even wrote yet ANOTHER story, 'Wrong Place/Wrong Time (35,000 words) then went back and added 7,000 words to LNH 39 ... which this sudden creative drought is so upsetting to me. I feel like I'm letting everyone down. I'm going to keep at it. Thanks for your time.

tyesbookstyesbooksabout 9 years ago
Don't Worry

I think I speak for most of us that we love all of your stories, and we want to keep you around to keep writing. You are one of the best writers on this site and hell I would buy a book you wrote in a heartbeat. So you do what you need to do to keep going, and we'll still be here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
MVPl

For real man this stuff that you write is like the highlight of my week so take care of yourself man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awesome

Love the series. Don't worry about the drought. Take a break and I have no doubt Monsoon season will reappear.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 9 years ago
Prayers for you

Here is hoping that everything goes well with your surgery today. Take time and heal both physically and mentally. Get yourself well!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thanks for all the fish and waiting for more

I have spent a sleep deprived week, FS, and its all your fault! In a good way :-). I followed LNH until late 2014 when i started feeling like a coke addict so I decided to stop. And then like so many addicts, one day, just like that, I was back at it. I have been reading feverishly and catching up (hence the sleep deprived week). Anyway, just a word to let you know you are loved. Good luck with dry spell and hope you get your prodiguous output back soon, because clearly you enjoy what you do (and we do too!).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
pain relativity

When they took my wisdom teeth out the dentist had to saw through part of my jaw. This was due to my wisdom teeth desiding they'd like growing out of other skull areas besides my mouth. They gave me several bottles of painkillers and after a few days I stopped taking them, even though earlier that day a friend hit me in the face a couple times because "it's funny, I mean your cheeks already look like a chipmunk's" The bottom. line is pain is a relative response dictated by neural meters of which you have some say. While total control may elude you tell the pain to go fuck itself. And though my jaw may not have heald in a perfect manner, and occasionally clicks, pops, and locks just remember, "fuck the pain, it doesn't exist, everything's fine" it always works for me whether a crappy jaw, ingrown toenails, or broken bones. P. S. Medical expertise should still be sought out foe the healing equipment/techniques this is purely pain management in lack or disregard for painkillers.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Update March 29th, 2015

The surgery is done. The euphoria of having all my teeth removed and looking down the road to the end of physical pain being a constant in my life (for the past 18 months) is diminished somewhat, but I am writing again. Taking one of my two editors' advice, I've broken up Chapter 39 into the new Chapters of 39 and 40. I've written close to 2,000 more words on LNH 39 and 6,000 on LNH 40, so the march continues. Chapter 39 will contain the adventure on Johnston Atoll and end with the rescue. Chapter 40 deals with more 'world events' stuff from the viewpoint of the JIKIT team and how that relates to Cael.

From 39: ** I took the medical bag from a wide-eyed and happy Aya.

“We are down to two of them,” she huffed. “Perhaps you should ask her to surrender now, while they still can?” I snorted then chuckled.

“Do you really think the proud scions of Duan will bow before the Amazons?” I asked her. Aya fatigued mind worked that question over.

“No, you are right. I don’t think they are smart enough to know when they are beat. Cáel, they called me ‘Chǒulòu de cuòwù’ … or something like that,” Aya kept her eyes on Zhen. “What does that mean?” It took me a second to piece that together. You can tell a great deal about people if you catch them talking about you behind their backs … or when they think you can’t understand what they are saying.

“Ugly Bug,” I translated. Aya snorted.

“That was rude. We can call her ‘Lúsìla ninda’,” she proclaimed loud enough for Zhen to hear, “and we can call him Amar.”

I had to applaud her choice of names for our would-be killers.

See, Lúsìla ninda roughly translated from Amazon to English as ‘cupcake’. Amar was Amazon for ‘calf’ which was a play on his Mandarin name – ‘Mu’.

“Dumu?” I indicated her. Aya’s eyes sparkled. Duma was the diminutive for ‘daughter’.

“Atta,” she murmured back. That was ‘respectful Father’; a title no Amazon girl had addressed a man with in … well maybe, ever. The term was largely religious and only used in the terms of female divinities referring to divine paternals.

From 40: ** I already fabricated my report on how I’d overcame a plane-full of rogue delinquents from the <i>Forumi i Rinisë Eurosocialiste të Shqipërisë</i> (Euro-socialist Youth Forum of Albania) bent on recruiting impressionable European socialites by accessing my Twitter account.

That’s right – the Albanians had it out for me. I reiterated that critical bit of data to the Department of Homeland Security when they questioned me on the veracity of my memories. The two ethnic Chinese I was found with? I thought they were from Taiwan … and they both appeared to be suffering from amnesia.

I was already suffering repercussions from my pathological refusal to take life seriously. Javiera believed I was about to get a formal apology from Ferit Hoxha, Permanent Representative of Albania to the United Nations. Damn it! Now I had to do something nice for the Albanians. Maybe I’d offer them membership in the Khanate – full-statehood with the economic package to sweeten the deal.

Yes – <b>THAT</b> was how Albania <b>AND</b> Kosovo joined the Khanate … out of my love for exaggeration and a little pro/post-Ottoman solidarity over Tarator (cold soup made of yoghurt, garlic, parsley, cucumber, salt and olive oil with a side of fried squids), Tavë Kosi (lamb meatballs) and Flia & Kaymak (a dessert I highly recommend).

We toasted the Pillars of Kanun (Albanian oral law and tradition ~ <i>Nderi</i> (honor), <i>Mikpritja</i> (hospitality), <i>Sjellja</i> (Right Conduct) and <i>Fis</i> (Kin Loyalty) ~ and he promised to tell his people that I had <i>Besa</> which was Albanian-ism for being a man who would honor his word of honor (despite us being brought together by my lie).

The shit-ton of financial and military aid I asked the Great Khan to sweeten the pot with might have helped as well. Later, Lady Yum-Yum told me that the military leaders of NATO called it a ‘master-stroke’ in neutralizing Comrade Putin’s Russian-backed ‘Greek threat’ to the Khanate’s Turkey.

Fathom patted my cheek while telling me my thunder-stunned look was so adorable. Once more my big heart and dumb luck gave the world an unlooked-for pinprick. How angry was my pal Vladimir (Putin) with me? Let’s just say that I was still invited to Moscow, but when Putin patted me on the back, I should expect a dagger to be in his hand; the twin of the one I’d accidently stuck into him.

**

Keep the faith. I shall get 39 & 40 out, along with Ebb Tide 4 soon.

James aka FinalStand

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyabout 9 years ago
good news

just do you boss.

HamanoHamanoabout 9 years ago
Nice

This is good news, I'm glad the surgery is over, went as expected and you're feeling better. Take care now and thanks for the sample excerpts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for all the updates and trying to write through the pain. Hope you'll be at 100% soon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Five children on the way

1=The Augur

2=Her gardian

3=Miyako

4=Rhada

and

5="Rachel, as my bodyguard, slept beside me. The airplane's touchdown was so flawless I had to be shaken to alertness. Did I fall asleep? More on that later."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Heal Quickly/Write Well

James,

Hope your recovery is smooth. There's great options to replace missing teeth these days.

Please keep the new chapters coming. Thanks so-much for the "fix."

But by all means take care of your needs first. My/our selfish want-to-read will patiently await your next chapter.

Thanks,

Mike.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 9 years ago
Five children mystery

Just thought I would throw this out there 'cause everyone seems to be ignoring the likely one, in my opinion anyways, Odette. I mean she is the one that is with him whenever no other lady/ladies are. She has also stuck by Cáel through everything that has happened since day two on the job. but then I guess only time will tell.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Children?

The suspected Mothers-to-be are the Augur Tadêfi and Sikia, her guardian. Then there is Rhada and Miako who have their names already picked out. Finally, there is Hana who will now necessitate a 'moved-up' wedding date. Are there others? Yes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Get Well soon

I have not heard from you and I pray the treatment is a success. Pray for your health and well-being.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The foursome.

Wasn't the foursome supposed to include Addison, the new hire? The chapter with her interview seemed to indicate that.

I don't envy the extremely hard(from a writer's perspective) turn the story took. It's become quite serious, as in i've had to get into a serious reading mode to understand and connect bits and pieces of it.

All the more reason why I should shower appreciation, it's tough what you are doing. I'm glad you are takking the risks. If i may request, can there be more people-people intractions. The initial chapters were amazing because i could relate to it. And also fascinating was your method of storytelling where you would "teach" us how cael understood things.

I like your work a lot FS. I intend to keep digging in your brain for the rest of this story.

Hope my first comment on lit. wasn't too long.

A

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 9 years ago
Thanks FS!

Thank you for clearing up the fifth, at least(maybe... kind of... sort of), pregnancy confusion FS. Now with it being revealed as Hana, I am very interested to find out about Cáel's first meetings with Õnnela and more importantly good old Sten. Sten and Cáel's should be 'fun'. Thank you FS for all your effort in writing for our enjoyment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Next chapter

Any idea as to when Chapter 39 will be up. I know you had some oral surgery but it has already been more than two months.

GrelkGrelkabout 9 years ago
Strange question

What do amazons think of ants? Theres only females except when they mate once a year and then the males die.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
The story and Ants

The Amazons prefer leopards and jaguars as their 'sympathetic' animals. Ants are, in the end, just insects ... and their queen is VERY out of shape. She has to rely on drones to defend her home. That isn't the Amazon Way.

For the story ... I have been in a deep dark place and then, out of the blue, I started writing on 39 and 40 again.

Here is how LNH 39 ends:

**

“Sir, I don’t think we can let civilians keep their weapons aboard the flight,” the Marine Lt. stated since I had both a pistol and submachine gun, Aya had her pistol and Zhen had her blades.

“Marine, I am Cáel Nyilas, Irish diplomat, freebooter and Champion of the worst possible causes,” I began my spiel.

“You probably have some orders concerning bringing me in alive. I am not so constrained and am more than willing to steal this aircraft and fly back to Hawaii without you. My team keeps their weapons – or you give me your best shot … right now,” I met his gaze. He mulled over his options. Two Romanians and two Marines were starting to load the ad hoc body bags aboard the C-37B.

“Normally I don’t take that kind of crap from a civilian and I don’t want you to think I’m making an exception because of your Security Clearance. I’ll let your people keep their weapons, but if something goes wrong, I’m shooting you first,” he assured me.

“Done deal,” I offered my hand and he shook it.

“Oh and Happy Tibetan Independence Day,” he congratulated me.

“What?”

**

Honestly, I'm staying up all night and hope to have 39 finished before I take my kids to school in roughly four hours.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Done!

LNH39 is in with the editors. Not only have they both edited more than half of the piece already, at 12,000 words, I'm praying to have the finished copy tonight, or tomorrow at the latest. LNH40 is already at 10,000 words and I'm hoping the creative fires remain bright and I get it done by this weekend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
HOORAY

Thank you FS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
My first comment ever :P

This is possibly one of the best stories I've read haha keep it up FS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Just read the enire LNH in a week

Love this story and personally find it one of the best i've ever read. Thank you for your tireless efforts to keep us entertained.

JC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love your work just a quick question about your other projects

Hi Finalstand back in mid March you mentioned you released three new stories Reaping What You Sow , Sleeping?, and WMD. I have not been able to find them are you still planning on releasing them soon?

Regards,

A huge fan

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your support and other stories

Dozens of readers and friends have wished me well through this rather difficult time in my life. Thank you very much. For a person who suffers from a nasty, mean-spirited Bi-polar condition like me, it really helps.

Updates: My major concern with releasing other stories was that my readers lose faith that Life as a New Hire would continue. So, when I was stuck on this story line, I wrote over 200,000 words on other tales which I refused to release until I had Chapter 39 out there. #40 is already at 12,000 words. Other stories: Ebb Tide #4 is 2/3 done at over 20,000 words already. Reaping what you sow #1 (a modern fantasy) is finished and close to 25,000 words, Sleeping? #1 (a Mother-Son incest tale is edited and at 13,700, #2 is at 5,200. WMD #1 (my first 'Interracial story/parody' is edited and 23,000 words. #2 is done at 28,000 words. I've also worked on a fantasy tale (Wrong Place/Wrong Time) which has no sex at 36,000 words, OH NO! (a modern day anime story) at 16,000, and Two Mistakes (half brother/sister incest story) 12,000. So, if you add in the roughly 82,000 word from Ebb Tide #1,2&3 you get ... shit ...250,000 words I've written on other stories since my 'shut down' in January. This is just how my mind works. Anyway, I will release WMD #1, RWYS #1 and Sleeping? #1 when LNH 39 comes out. Then it is back to the grinding stone for me. Take care everyone.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 9 years ago
Updates!

Thank you for the updates FS. Glad to know you are doing better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
thanks

I know you're doing what you can to provide us another well spun tale of fantastic adventure, thrilling sexcapades, with.a touch of mystical, historical, and more then a touch of comical. I don't know what everyone else is doing, but I'm rereading the first 38 chapters to keep busy and make sure I remember everything,keep up the good wor

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
39 Delayed?

Was chapter 39 Delayed at the editorial stage?

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
39 is out as of 4/7/2015 ...

As it has been pointed out to me, I need to finish LNH 40 and Ebb Tide 4 as well. Ugh.

redvelvetrose213redvelvetrose213almost 9 years ago
CCSC continue

I was just wondering if u planned in continuing this story because I'd to see more of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lack a nookie

Maybe no sex but I love your foreplay great story keep going

Paps

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerabout 6 years ago
Convoluted Mythical Mumbo Jumbo..

I LOVE IT!

JC

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I LOVED it.

I’m gaining geo political insight AND the banter brings tears to my eyes. 😭

-pal

doofus67doofus67over 5 years ago
Accomplices

On my 2nd read through and it's amazing how much extra i picked up (or remembered) this time around.

Whilst we, and a few of the characters are aware of Katrina's involvement in the kidnapping, i don't recall Cael mentioning who they...."I already knew the identities of three of the four kidnappers"... were. I assume they were House Epona members or SD, but no names were ever offered. I'm kind of hoping that they don't know he knows and he brings it up with them in his usual jovial manner at a later date.

That aside, Aya's quotes during her torture were glorious moments in this Amazing chapter. (That's the quotes were glorious not the torture!)

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5300 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES