All Comments on 'The Wasp of St. Judith's'

by Bramblethorn

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Arago007Arago007about 9 years ago
No end?

This is haunting and I love your voice, still, I wish for a continuation - could this really be the end?

No matter what - thank you for this- anything that provokes thought is a good thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Impressive as hell

Some of the most purely talented writing I've seen here -- hell, I've seen worse in published anthologies.

MSTarotMSTarotabout 9 years ago
Hauntingly good

Extraordinary writing should take you out of your own head and make you think in way you never have. About things you take for granted. This story is a beautiful example of just that very kind of thing. Thank you.

Critique: normally I look for flaws in the way as story flowed but with this one even things that caused issues were put in there deliberately I believe. It brought to mind a story I read years back, about a symbiotic creature that lived n human nightclubs and fed off the energy of gathered people. Constantly adapting the way it looked to fit the group it was in. This had a similar feel, but with an erotic overtone that was spooky good.

One of the better stories I've read in years. Again, thank you.

MST

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lovely and bewitching

Not sure about erotic, or about horror, but I truly enjoyed reading and thinking about this story.

A huge thank you for the effort you invested.

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 9 years ago

I'm not a bad writer. I can string words on a sentence like pearls on a necklace. Spin 'em around, make 'em shine. I ain't half bad, if you know what I mean.

Rarely do I say this.

This story is beyond my ability as a writer. It is nearly perfect. Backwards, forwards, from every angle, it makes sense. It flows. It is so neat and so tidy. I would barely take out a sentence.

It's original, soulful, gorgeously and vividly rendered. What an intelligent, thoughtful, magnificent little piece.

I'm sort of blown away.

It's one of the best stories I've ever read here. Needle sharp. Couldn't be more impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Creepy

Not erotic, but well written and really creepy

Very mysterious and haunting

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lack of erotica isn't even a problem

Usually, if a story here winds on too long with no risqué material in sight, I stop reading and start on a different one. That wasn't the case with this work. I was enraptured the whole time, not just by the plot, but by the way your words flowed. It wasn't something extravagant or over the top, but the way you've written this piece, simply but elegantly, is just fantastic. I really hope you'll continue writing, and perhaps even go on to publication, because withholding your talents would be quite the shame.

NaokoSmithNaokoSmithalmost 9 years ago
Exquisite

That was exquisite - dance like a butterfly, sting like a wasp. (Will review more fully on my blog.)

CeasarBoobageCeasarBoobagealmost 9 years ago

Wow, not quite what I expected, but I've got to say that I'm impressed.

Kind of like the 'horror' movies of old where you never see the scary beast, in here you never really *see* a number of items that your brain is pushed into creating, making this slightly different for everyone.

I like how the lack of detail of the narrator kept me guessing, as well as the well-organized ramblings that properly fit together disjointedly.

ToadattoadhallToadattoadhallalmost 9 years ago
Yet another great story

Ever since I read 'A Stringed Instrument' I have been a fan. All the stories are really well put together and a delight to read. Rarely do I read a story twice as the world is full of so many good books, but this is not true of this author. Please keep up the good work, it is awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WOW!!!!

Can I even add to the amazement of everybody else here? No, I simply can't. What I can say is this: I don't know about the Literotica site, hadn't read about thirty or so of the stories, am never one to comment, and hadn't just read this one. But boy, am I totally blown away just thinking what deeply exact and ultra-logical mindset you - or anyone else, for that matter - must have to come up with something even remotely comparing to this! Words, any words, simply don't do this level of writing any justice! Best of wishes in any future writing, and thanks a lot - with all the grace in my heart!!

rutger5rutger5almost 7 years ago

Excellent story. It's so true about how the mind will create stories to fill in the missing gaps. Very well written and imaginative. Isn't always the case but this story deserves its high score.

clistenovenaclistenovenaalmost 7 years ago
"Clothes make the man."

"Naked people have little or no influence on society." ~Mark Twain

It's much the same with stories and quotes. It's a talent to weave just the right quote within a story, so this: "John Waters once said: "If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't fuck 'em!" put your story over the top for me. And the tale was quite clever to begin with.

ElectricBlueElectricBluealmost 7 years ago

Ah yes, I do recall reading this some time ago. Most impressive! Thanks for the link. EB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

This is great.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years ago

Awful and magnificent! I’m as disturbed by the facts you included as the fiction. Truly impressive writing. I’d be happy if I’d be able to write even as well as some of the previous comments you’ve had here, but all the same, I just wanted to tell you I loved this.

deepred53deepred53almost 2 years ago

I usually can accept story endings and move on, but I believe this story and "Magnum Innominandum" will be among those that haunt me for some time. I attribute this somewhat to the subject matter but mainly to the author's skill in telling the story; I stand in awe and appreciation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBramblethorn@Bramblethorn
816 Followers
Hi! Thanks for reading; I hope you find something in my work that interests you. Life has been very busy, and my writing has been one of the casualties. I have a couple of works in progress, no promises on when they'll be ready. If you want to know when I have a new story ou...