All Comments on 'Al Andalus'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 382 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THIS STORY TELLS US ALL 2 THINGS

#1....it has already occurred or #2...it sure as hell may in the very near future. TK U MLJ LV NV............Be Prepared.....mlj

mike9698mike9698about 9 years ago
to much T.V.

this reads like a bad plot from a TV show. half NCIS and half soap opera. a shame because i like all your other stories.

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 9 years ago
Good Tale

I liked it...it was entertaining and creative. Probably not enough smut for some but, hey.

kdcee79kdcee79about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

Certainly not your very best work but I still enjoyed most of it. I was somewhat confused at times when Thomas & Esther were running all over the States trying to get to his home, I thought that section was too drawn out & superfluous to the storyline. However once the disaster was averted & he finally realised he needed to get away from it all, I'm glad he made it to NZ & Auckland in particular. It's my old home town & Herne Bay is a beautiful old suburb. Well done. 4 ****

thefranzthefranzabout 9 years ago
Great Story

You seem to gravitate to the thriller genre and you are doing it well - espacially considering the limited length of stories here. Interesting characters and great dialogue as always. Just to niggle a bit I have to say that i am missing your "ordinary people" stories. While the new stories are great to read and nicely crafted they are lacking the emotional impact of stories like "A Portrait of the Artist" or "Heart of the Prairie". Thank you for sharing your work.

dmhackdmhackabout 9 years ago
Just once...

couldn't you write a real stinker of a story? Other sure as hell can....why can't you? Frankly, it's a bit annoying reading your well crafted and entertaining stories when you could, with a little effort, do so much worse.

Oh, and to Mike... it must suck to be you.

FullCircle56FullCircle56about 9 years ago
Excellent

As always, a very well crafted entertaining story. Looking forward to the next one. Thank you for posting. 5.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiabout 9 years ago
just

for the record, we have a very good internet service. I skype with my daughter in London every week but I understand the author has to make dramatic effect. TK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
For me, this was a real breath of fresh air....

....story with a plot, allusions to sex without the detail (I can very, very effectively fill in the blanks thank you!)....and a great adventure.

Lurid detail for it's own sake offers little value in a story. It does offer beater material for the lonely among us. When constrained and used as an element within a much grander scale, a larger adventure, it adds powerfully to the experience we project ourselves into....the one we co-create in our minds as we read the story.

I'd venture to say that roughly 2% of all stories rise to that. Interestingly, most of yours do.

Thank you, FM, we don't hear from you nearly as much as we'd like.

One silly point...I may be incorrect, but it feels to me a misuse of the name to call it "The Mossad" instead of simply "Mossad". The more complete form is "HaMossad", roughly "the institute". Even at that, it is a very abbreviated, almost euphemistic reference to the full agency name. Sort of like saying "the Office" in reference to the CIA, except the leading "the" is understood, so you hear simply "Mossad", never "the Mossad". It just sounds odd. Like I said....silly.

Thanks again, you 5-star Story-Ninja!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A tip

Just as a person has a dominate hand, They also have a dominate eye. The eye doesn't always match the hand. A quick google search will explain it much better than I can and you can find out how to find your dominate eye. Great story, I like how you weaved the Stuxnet virus into it, I loved the attention to detail. 5* from me.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 9 years ago
exceptional

Could a LV story ever actually get the full 5*'s ????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Huh!!

Our hero is a very very smart man so his bosses tell him they cant find the spy balling his wife then tell him she is safe the FBI is watching her. Well lets see can two people have physical sex and not be together? Dumb, dumber or dumbest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nicely done!

A wonderful mixture of the cheating wife and action hero's. He even gets the right girl in the end. I love me a feel good ending and this one was up there with the best!

5 Star

zed0zed0about 9 years ago
Great Story

I think in the next chapter he should the legendary skull fuck..... just saying!

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 9 years ago
What category?

This reads as if you wanted to write like John Le Carre and slipped in an unfaithful wife in order to qualify for Literotica. If I want this stuff I'll read Le Carre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

this story is a 3 at best.too many holes for it to be any better.if what he was working on was so important that he meets the head of nsa and ends up at pentagon and ultimately saves israel ,why let him leave his house alone,why is he driving around with 1 fbi agent sight seeing,why does nsa let him leave his job and the country.you have him call his wife who is with a terrorist and tell her to get lost ,didnt his boss say to leave town and not tell her he knew.why go back to his house when he has target on his back,why not go to nsa.cut out 4 pages and just have wife cheat,meet israel chick and reunite in new zeland.your effort falls way short and if anyone considers this a good story you need to read this again and think of what i pointed out,didnt list every problem would take longer than the time the author put into this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
OK Story

Giving four stars was a stretch cause this really wasn't a loving wives story. Very little emotion to this suspense tale.

I read wife tales for the emotional impact. This one had none. Your fine writing ability squeezed a higher score, but for me, the story failed.

Terrorist theme is a problem also. Many of us are not of the conservative religion and firmly believe all this terror shit is a CIA plot. If it were real, it is members of government who would be the targets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good

You've done better before. This is a quality work and did its job. Just keep writing!!

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 9 years ago
Didn't love it

FM writes so well that the story kept my attention, but it never really connected on any level. It was too over-the-top on the spy stuff to be a compelling mystery; there was too little emotion and connection to the marital relationship for it to be a compelling cheating story; there was not enough insight into his feelings for it to be a compelling psychological study. It was a well-written story, but not even close to the top of FM stories.

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 9 years ago
This is a first

An FM story I actually disliked. Well put together as always but it had no real appeal. It was very mechanical and lacked any emotion. FM might just as well have taken out the cheating wife part of the story and submitted it as a non-erotic action story.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Excellent

I don't know why, but somehow I feel like I read this before, but I don't know where.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A Great Read

Thoroughly enjoyed this story, even if it was obvious the two would get together again. This was the first of your stories I have read, it will not be the last. One of the best stories I have ever read on this site

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderful

This may very well be your best story ever. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Gave it a 5...

because half of the story was in my region of TN. I wondered why he would fly into Nashville instead of Knoxville to get to Oak ridge and whether they got off onto I-26 or highway 36 towards Johnson City but figured it must of been 36 because there isn't a motel close to the I-81/ I-26 interchange. Its 3 or 4 miles up the road. Its always the big guys who get the credit for what the working man does especially in the govt and military.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 9 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I scored 5, because I REALLY enjoyed it.....

And then I read the comments so far......

OK, to be fair, some of the critical reception MAY have a point. FM, if you take away anything constructive here, I had to allow that this story DOES focus more on the terror plot over and above the cheating plot. The relationship factors take a back seat to the task at hand of "saving the world". Understandable to THIS reader, but perhaps not so much to the target audience here in Literotica Land. Fair enough. That said, if this was an author oversight, the flaw is realized in making the action so damn gripping and exciting that it was indeed a major distraction for the average careless reader. I think more than a few people overlooked your basic theme at play throughout the ENTIRE story, and I guess didn't realize it was in fact there all along.

I caught it; it seemed obvious to me. He was a guy who could overlook a flaw, and see the beauty of the whole person. He had looked beneath the surface, and found love with the person on the inside. Did wifey take him for granted? Sure, and he was in denial about her gradual change to shallow, and superficial pursuits. But in the end, when he realized that she was no longer the same person on the inside, the love he had for her was over. This theme reiterates itself, as he reconnects with Esther, and helps her see that her cosmetic flaw doesn't HAVE to define who she is on the inside, and who that person is, IS someone who deserves to be loved.

I have to say, that the improvment WAS shown here, in comparison to your last governmentally charged thriller. This time you provided a much more complete and satisfying resolution and conclusion. It is a pity that it seems impossible to please EVERYBODY! But I'm sure you will eventually get plenty of thanks and appreciation for this effort. I know I am always excited to read a new FM story, and can't wait for the next.

Some people will go to a fancy restaurant and send back a premium cut of beef because it is the wrong shade of pink. These are the people who never had to survive for weeks on only Ramen noodles and crackers due to economic necessity! The justifying argument may be over the cost paid should equal the consumer's idea of perfection. But considering what YOU are paid for your efforts here FM, there isn't a commenter around here that deserves the right to send ANY of your offerings back to the kitchen! Afterall, A steak is STILL a steak. And this is a site seemingly overpopulated with chowder. I guess people forget how hungry they are, once they get brainwashed enough and get complacently used to the daily diet of slop and porridge, LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great plot, great characters. Maybe too geeky/esoteric, at least for me.

Basic plot good. The two main characters were interesting. Way too much detail and embellishment of the software virus issue, for my taste. Guess if I was a real software/virus nerd I would have found it all enthralling. I ended up skipping most of that tedious part of the story and skimmed to where the plot returns to resolution of the marriage and his relationship with the Mossad babe. And most of that was disappointing. So wife really was a shallow selfish cunt looking for Mr. Sexy fuck toy, keeping hubby around to pay the bills? And Mr. Nurd couldn't spot that character flaw because it did not surface till after she removed the birthmark and morphed into Slutula? Plausible, I guess. But not sure why she fought the divorce, since she was now beautiful (only on the surface!) and could get all the fuck toys her previously ugly self was denied. So their final discussion left me thinking, if he ever found this brainless bimbo worth marrying then he deserved what she did to him. Funding her beautification project just reinforced him being female stupid.

Ending up with Mossad babe was predictable, but you did it rather clumsily. Nerd man was her consolation prize, since the guy she really loved and wanted now found her ugly and unfit to be his woman. So similar to nerd brain, we have Mossad babe being stupid about judging character. Of course the treatment of both main characters by their respective governments just illustrates you own negative bias about government service and patriotism. I think the record shows that, by and large, people as qualified, experienced, and with such deep levels of top secret clearance, are recognized as great assets to be kept and utilized, not discarded like a worn out racing dog. But I start to quibble. Sorry.

Overall great bones. Wish the details and the filling had been more about loving wives and less about terrorist plots. But this story is still way above what is currently being submitted to LW. So a big thanks for that.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 9 years ago
Lots of holes

The folks complaining about the plot have a point. The idea that you would set him up as bait but NOT provide a team to monitor him was unbelievable. At that point the only thing that made sense to me was that the boss was involved and trying to get him killed.

Them watching the wife but not being there when Ammer showed up at the house was also pretty incredible. Gee Whiz. Someone offed our bait. Lets just ignore the home, the wife and his computer connection to Fort Meade(also pretty absurd, those folks are really paranoid about remote access and they should know).

The the treatment afterwards. Yes bureaucracies have a life of their own, but even there, it would be hard to cover up his having saved the whole thing when all the Raytheon systems guys knew as well as Mossad, half the Pentagon and I would expect the White House.

And that corny line about seeing All of these women. He clearly didn't see the real Ginny at all until she finally showed herself.

Not a bad story. Very much better than almost all the LW stuff lately. But just not the best.

GaryDanGaryDanabout 9 years ago
I'll keep it short and simple....

Damn good story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
make an Ugly woman your wife

Good read, two in a row for old Thomas

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
A treat for an otherwise gloomy Friday morning...

A new Mac story! Yay! I like this story - twists and turns and a very nice underlying theme. My only critique - would like an epilogue ten years later - this couple has pushed out three or four smart and mischievous rug rats. Characters are strong enough that they could even merit another story (again including their mischievous rug rats)!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I gave five stars ...

... Great read thank you. Panther fan.

RePhilRePhilabout 9 years ago
Would make a great movie too!

Another winner from your talented pen

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
A good story...full of every ingredient...

A good story...full of every ingredient...Good reading. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
An excellent read

Nice Job Francis !!

Everybody is entitled to their opinion; some of them are good, some of them suck.

BDEarth

looking4itlooking4itabout 9 years ago

After buying themselves an additional 48 hours they still decide against the sure fix to go with the questionable one and save the world at one second? Must be a spy plot...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This really sucked.

Who needs to read about your save the world fantasies? This is a sex site. Fortunately I realized what a piece of shit this was and didn't have to suffer through the whole thing.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 9 years ago
Nah

There are plenty of stories here that offer solid supporting dramas/mysteries/puzzles, in a way that they serve the 'cheating wife' story. This one, though, overshadowed the LW side of the story completely. It read more like you had a 1960's-style espionage story you wanted to tell, and tacked some cheating stuff on to the beginning and end just to be able to put it here.

The results are unfortunate: every character is a stereotype. Everything unwinds in a "move the story along" fashion. There's never any feeling of tension or consequence...things just fly by at a rapid pace. The wife is, ultimately, such a non-entity to the story that we don't even really meet her until the very, very end...which is detrimental to your audience's ability to care about or feel ANYthing regarding the affair, because she doesn't mean anything to us...just a name and the idea of a character. We have no concept of what's being lost by our character when said affair is discovered. Even the typical "quick summary of my marriage in sidebar" LW backstory stuff doesn't come until the cheating is four or five plot points behind us, when it's too late to imbue it with any greater dramatic license. And, of course, when we DO finally meet the wife, she's such a Stangstarian mindless turd that we actually think less of our hero, because apparently he's too much of an idiot or too self-absorbed to have recognized what are brutally obvious behavioral failings and a painfully low IQ. THIS is the woman he's been grieving over? THAT'S the type of human being he falls in love with? Maybe ISIS figured getting to him would be a mercy killing.

There are no circumstances where simplifying, reducing, or devolving your characters improves your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
As always, interesting and exciting!

Thanks again for a wonderful read.

Concritic123Concritic123about 9 years ago
Very original......

Excellent plot development as well as character generation. Thanks for the effort.

LVGirlLVGirlabout 9 years ago
Excellent

As always you do great work, Francis.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

This is exactly the kind of boring crap that is ruining this section. The fact that it involves a marriage is secondary to an author wanting to masturbate over how good a writer they are and tell some dumb adventure story, ignoring the fact that this is supposed to be a fucking porn site. BOOOOORRRING!!!

SKHPSKHPabout 9 years ago
My favourite author did it again

Typical FM: just the right mix of tension, betrayal, mystery and romance. 5*

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

while not my favorite of yours, still a five star effort. Engaging storyline, and I love how you connected his attitude toward his wife's birthmark and Esther's scar later in the tale. I did feel the wife's character was a bit underdeveloped. Esther saves Israel once again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
excellent story

Really enjoyed the plot...although was able to figure out the use of offsetting coordinates....too much Tom Clancy. Liked the characters...similar to some of your other comments would have liked more descriptive sex....did not have to overpowering storyline....but could have been more important. Do more of this type of story. 5's

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Bored beyond belief by the time I reached the second page

so scrolled through it looking for a hook. Nada. What the fuck is this doing on an erotic literature site? 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I haven't finished the first page yet but I always love this authors stories. The reason I'm commenting is to ask all you married or previously married guys if there are actually husbands/men who have put there entire happiness in someone (wifey) elses hands so much that they refuse to believe when evidence is sitting in front of them? I have a girlfriend whom I love very much but I couldn't imagine having all aspects of my life, happiness, etc... tied up in her actions to that extent. I see this in a lot of stories so I'm just curious how many of you guys have put that much of yourself into marriage? I was kind of brought up to believe you create your own happiness and if you rely on another person for ALL of it then you will be let down over and over again. It's seems rather cynical I know, but it also seems prudent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story - funny comments

The only thing I can say about this good story is that maybe, just maybe it would have been better off being posted in non-erotic. But there definitely was a cheating wife so I have no problem with it being here in LW. That said, I'm not sure what the negative comments are all about. This was well told, clever and totally plausible. The cheating slut wife gets dumped and the hero rides off into the sunset - successfully I might add. Very entertaining. Well done Sir, well done.

magmamanmagmamanabout 9 years ago
I usually don't read the longer stories

That is because most of the time they wander off into drivel, something I am pretty good at doing myself (The "drivel" part I mean).

But this one stayed nice and tight, just enough information to make one think while nicely explaining as it went along.

Erotic? Not really, but then life is not, about 99.9% of the time.

I rank this tale as excellent,

Thanks,

One more thing. I remember way back when someone was trying to access my system, up popped the warning screen.

I reached over and pulled the power plug out of the wall. Good old days, that. *Doesn't work in today's world.

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Boring. Irrational Racist.

Yeah all the good guys are the poor old white Caucasians . And the bad guys are all Arabs blacks Muslims . Great story

tfnnjtfnnjabout 9 years ago
VERY ENJOYABLE

I enjoyed it thanks. I prefer stories with a little more meat and this one had it. I have read a bunch of the comments, I don't know what the complaints are. This is a FREE site, these are basically SHORT stories. I love that they take me outside of myself for a short while. Are the perfect NO but either are the ones you pay for at Amazon. If all those critics know so much better, put something out there. In the meantime, Francis, keep up the good work and the admirable effort!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Some people just dont get it

Other comments clearly show they just don't get great stories especially if it doesn't make them play with themselves. Fine job much enjoyed. your point was very appropriate that we often don't receive credit for the good we do.

stargazer_bardstargazer_bardabout 9 years ago
Five stars!!!!!

But only because I can't give it ten! Great story, fantastic characters and a real man at the heart of the story. Job Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not what I was expecting

I though it was a great read. Had me hooked after the first page. Great job. Too bad a 5 is the highest rating. This story was well thought out and well written. It deserves a 10.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124about 9 years ago
Outstanding story!

And I only give that out to very few. 1) I'm from Tennessee and know all the places and been to where you described. 2) Some might be turned off by the technical stuff, but it was interesting to me. 3) So what if it didn't have a lot of sex. That doesn't make a story good, even on Literotica.

I see most all your submissions get an "H" rating indicating that they are very well liked. I plan to bookmark your submission page and go back and catch up on your work. Hopefully, you will continue to produce quality stories. 5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
------------------------------------------------------

FrancisCucumber, you did a great job!

Congrats..

dungooddungoodabout 9 years ago
Great!

Enjoy your work. This is one of your best. Being an engineer, I liked the handling of the Patriot system since we produced the genset that powered them.

Keep going, looking forward to another great story.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 9 years ago
100 Stars

If EVER a story deserved a hundred stars this story would be the one that deserves it the most.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 9 years ago
Great story but for a number of problems that are glaringly obvious.

Ginny had an affair and never once expressed remorse or guilt. In her conversations, in her mannerisms, even in her excuse...it was flat. Likewise, after doing his best to avoid getting killed, he tells Ginny, and Ameer, where he will be and when, kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think. And why, after telling Ameer how much she wants to be with him, would Ginny be crying about losing hubby? Like, what the hell?

You're a great writer, so I gave this 3 stars; but honestly, don't make the wife so fucking stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Outstanding read!

There were a few grammatical errors, but what the heck, it was just a great story. Give us more when you can!

jasonnhjasonnhabout 9 years ago
Excellent

While I agree that the spy story vastly overrode the cheating wife aspects and that eroticism was minimal it was a great story. Matter of fact the weakest part of the story is when Ginny speaks to him. She is a moron. She is self centered and clueless. The conversation is vapid and useless. It is almost impossible to get a writer to portray a cheating wife as wrong but also intelligent. Most of them end up sounding like bimbos as does Ginny. She seems to think that because the guy was an ISIS agent that excuses her cheating. Really, after all this time she is that clueless? Thank God that exchange was limited and passed quickly.

Of course the rest was a great action/adventure story. Nice work.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineabout 9 years ago
Loved it!

Great work by Francis as usual. 5*

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 9 years ago
The GOOD (and the less good)

Quibbles first

- Nothing about a 'cheating Sweetie' is central in this tale.

- Only the taped telephone conversation between Sweetie and her Bull is the slightest bit erotic. GMAFB - eavesdropping by Hubby and his bosse on a phone sex-tease? Erotic? Heart-breaking and humiliating!

- He was ordered to NOT unload on Sweetie, THEN saw deadly reasons to confirm the seriousness of the situation. So, Dummy Hubby calls and dumps on Sweetie, therefore alerting her ISIS lover, compromising his situation (and that of the sleeping Mossad agent who saved his life - several times!)

- Goes back to his house after compromising his intentions, assuming that Sweetie and ISIS will comply with his demand for Sweetie to vacate.

On the other hand, it was well-researched (I have more connections in this tale than I care to disclose) and was a great Spy vs Counter-Spy story. Just a little inconsequential clean-up would allow it to be published in BH&G. Great read.

I liked the ANON 'I scored 5 ...' comments and concur with score!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not much more can be added

The comments pretty well ran the gauntlet of pros and cons. A few points I could add. This particular sentence struck my nerve. "It wasn't Ginny's fault. Some middle eastern James Bond had set out to seduce her" I cringed when he said that. How was it not her fault? Can anybody be seduced if they don't want to be? I had a feeling that Esther and him would reunite. Sure enough, they did. Like somebody said, this story was more non-erotic, but it could also fit in loving wives. This point is becoming quite controversial in this category. Overall a good entertaining read. FM is one of the authors I usually seek out in this category. One of many good writers. Good job. (ML)

thebuffalothebuffaloabout 9 years ago

Very well written. Enjoyed it. Five Stars only because there aren't Six ... or ten.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Timely

You picked a very current, dangerous part of current history and wove a wonderful story of "loving wives" around it. Another Excellent story by Francis. Keep up the great work.

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A little bit of history

This story is ironic, for reasons the author (and most Americans) are unaware of. The "Moor" empire of which you write was also called the Ottoman Empire. It ruled the mid east for almost 1,000 years, and as you write, extended to Spain. The ironic part is that you have ISIS and/or Palestinians wanting to strike at Israel in part because of their loss of Spain.

Here's the irony: Jews lived under the Ottoman Empire in peace and harmony with Muslims. Their religion was respected, and they gave autonomy to the Jews. In Jewish history, this time in Spain is called The Golden Age of Jewry. Jewish customs and philosophy flourished to a historically unmet height. Jews know of their most famous philosopher, Maimonides. He lived during this era of peace between Jew and Muslim. When the Crusades installed Ferdinand and Isabella as rulers of Spain, she promptly issued an edict for all the Jews to leave Spain. Those who didn't were killed and/or tortured. You may have read of this: The Spanish Inquisition.

This history puts the lie to the idea that Jews and Muslims will never get along, and it focuses on a truth most Americans and Israelis want to ignore: the root of Arab complaints against Israel is not religion, it is resentment over a massive land grab and the resulting apartheid.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 9 years ago
Great adventure story

I really got into this one. Not much loving though. Two quibbles; If Tom did such secret and sensitive work both he and his wife would have been on the lookout for strangers trying to get at them, and he would never have told his wife he was on his way home when he knew she would tell Ameer, because he knew Ameer had already tried to get him killed.

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 9 years ago
Thanks for the story!

You are a terrific writer. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Where you been Hiding?

Having worked for DOD 23 years and with world current events your story borders on the actuality of modern time world fears and the unethical beliefs from the Middle East. I must bestow both credit and approval for your writings that actually come too close to factual and classified. It is also "refreshing" to read and enjoy a story without being entwined with raw animalistic actions of the bedroom. Not stating you couldn't, but your writing is a most enjoyable page turner. I sincerely look forward to future works. I could only give you a 5, you deserve better.

Thanks, Joe

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Woo..

love the story. Thanks! really enjoyed reading your story.

craigoolcraigoolabout 9 years ago
Not really loving wives

Great story, well written, quite accurate except for the NSA terminal outside a SCIF. But it was necessary for the setup in trapping Ameer, so no blood, no foul.

But this is not an erotic story. We get no details of Ameer and Ginny having sex. We get no details of Esther and Thomas having sex. All that work for setups and no reward.

If you don't want to write erotica, that's fine, there is a category for that and you are a great writer.

leviayersleviayersabout 9 years ago

outstanding story thanks 5

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
Great read, wrong catagory

This would make a great thriller in the vein of Helen MacInnes or Robert Ludlum. It was truly well done. BUT, I have to agree that the action adventure aspect clearly outweighed the LW aspect.

There was very llittel cheating wife and when there was, that was kind of glossed over.

The only thing I can suggest is that you develop it more, lengthen it and sell it to a publisher (or self-publish through Amazon) and make some money on it. I know I would buy it and be very glad I did!! And that is why you got a 4! (Sorry, it was a five but the lack of cheating wife aspects lost you a star)

TexasBBTexasBBabout 9 years ago

Very nicely done. It takes a page from current events and weaves a believable personal drama through it.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 9 years ago
Good thriller

nothinng to do with LW

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Nah

Sorry but I got too much of the "what a great guy I am" fantasy. I guess this might work for a nerd with low self esteem, who lost his wife and had a thing for women with disabilities. Fuck that. There are plenty of regular people out there, with regular jobs, that do their jobs both at work and in their marriage. Being an decent person with integrity and honor is what it is all about. It is not about saving the world, rescuing women from cosmetic disabilities, or feeling like you are not worth being treated like a decent man by your wife, coworkers and bosses. Fuck them. Move on, find a better way, but don't run away. Stay, fight, win! Start by manning up.

katranmankatranmanabout 9 years ago
Another Winner

5 star effort again Francis Macomber, just a great read from start to finish. I think LW is as good a spot for this as anything else would be. In fact, because it was in LW it caught my attention. Well done, and thanks for sharing your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good story, well written...

To the clueless anon apologist for Muslims...

"Jews lived under the Ottoman Empire in peace and harmony with Muslims."

Entirely untrue. Non-Muslims had to pay a tax that Muslims didn't. They were second class citizens at best. Often murdered with impunity. Jews were tolerated to a limited degree but certainly were not accorded respect or anything close to equal rights under Islam.

"When the Crusades installed Ferdinand and Isabella as rulers of Spain, "

The crusades had long ended before Ferdinand and Isabella's parents were born. So much for your version of history. What did happen was the Muslim invasion and conquering if Christian Byzantium in 1453 and the subsequent desecration by Muslims of the largest Christian cathedral at that time - Hagia Sophia. Christendom being continually threatened by Muslim invaders inspired not only the original crusades 400 years earlier but the impetus to finish the Reconquista. It is unfortunate the original crusades didn't wipe out Islam entirely. Had they done so, and regained all the form Christian lands, Morocco, Algeria, Syria, Egypt, Lybia, Turkey... what a peaceful world we would have today.

"the root of Arab complaints against Israel is not religion, it is resentment over a massive land grab and the resulting apartheid."

No the root is the Koran and Islam and Mohammud. Israel did not come about because of any land grab. Zionist purchased land from Arabs. And when the state of Isreal was formed by UN resolution the Arab Muslims attacked. And the Muslims lost every war they have started with Isreal. The facts are that Muslims have been at war with the whole world for 1400 years attacking everyone around them - because of their so-called religion. The world has had more than enough of Islam. Time for a new crusade to finish that war - the way we finished it with Germany and Japan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The genius takes a night off

FM, The LW portion was simply not up to your standard.

But aside from that, a fantasy yarn like this takes character development that can not be done in a short story - Thomas S., as developed, is simply not believable to me. Ginny is also not believable with so little development because government thugs would have incarcerated her and Ameer the first time she smiled at him because of the position/skill set that Thomas held. So without the development you leave your reader with the impression that bumbling bureaucrats can actually execute planet-wide defense and offense software solutions to a problem instantaneously. It's not going to happen in the real world, FM.

But then, there is the fantasy world. The story is very well crafted for readers oriented towards the fantasy thriller if it had been published in that category.

Please keep publishing, FM. There are three writers in the LW category whose name I look for when I peruse the 'new' listings - and yours is tops.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great page turner with huge plot holes

I enjoyed the story despite the many silly plot holes. The biggest was when our hero was traveling back with Ester carefully using cash and driving so the terrorists could not track them and he calls his wife who was with the terrorist to let her know when he'd be getting home. He was the most clueless problem solver imaginable. The LW aspect of the story was weak. No contact with wife for the first year of separation even though she wants to reconcile. Did you borrow Ginny from Stangstar? It was obvious that he'd end up with Ester, you should have at least had the geek stay in email or text contact with her before the reunion.

That said, I enjoyed the story and thank you for the entertainment. Please write more often.

Reasonable man

LeoDavisLeoDavisabout 9 years ago
Another great story

True, there isn't a lot of graphic sexual detail. But what there is instead is a great emotional journey. And for those of us who are no longer completely at the mercy of our hormones, the study of those emotions is really what eroticism is all about. There were a couple of liberties taken with reality, but what the heck? The NSA, FBI, and Mossad could behave this way, even if they don't really do so. The story was wonderfully told - so much so that I couldn't put it down! You stories are in a class by themselves, and not only because the eroticism is less explicit than in the usual fare on this site. I'm eagerly awaiting your next contribution!

Leo Davis (LeoDavis on Literotica)

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 9 years ago
Good Stuff

You are going to get some criticism for the minimal role of the cheating wife and quite rightly so, I think. Despite that I loved the story, the attention to detail in locations, the somewhat arcane references that I admittedly had to look up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Mossad?

A good story until the Mossad agent introduced. Sure to be enjoyed by Islamaphobes and anti-Arab racists. The type of people who support the killing of the three students at Chapel Hill, NC, by an anti Arab racist, and the ethic cleansing by Israel against the Palestinians.

artykay63artykay63about 9 years ago
pick pick pick

Francis, its great to read another excellent story. It amazes me that considering the absolute crap that has appeared lately people just pick at the details that are only there to flesh out a good story. High five to you and thanks for the read.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyabout 9 years ago
Dear Anon "Mossad?"

Really? The only ethic cleansing occurring in the Middle East is being perpetrated by Muslims against other Muslims, Christians, Jews, Kurds, Yazidis, and anyone else that doesn't agree with whatever they believe to be the right form of Islam.

You are a gutless coward afraid to take credit for your totally assinine dribble. Go peddle your crap somewhere else.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyabout 9 years ago
A great read

Yes there were some holes and several implausible elements in the plot but the emotional tension was well done. All in all a well done story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
ISIS ENOUGH!

ISIS... really? No navy, no air-force, no infrastructure (ability to produce weaponry), and still they have your generation shaking in their Depends (I'm guessing you're a boomer). Go back to watching CSI and reading Tom Clancy. Better yet, change those Depends... you guys keep shitting yourselves.

guyk1963guyk1963about 9 years ago
Great!

This was an incredible read...thank you. I truly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice story until....

I quit reading after 3 pages. It was very well written and the story was good...until the Mossad agent appeared. Tough agent who needs to bite her knife handle in order to handle STITCHES? Okay, I'll overlook one hole. I quit reading when your main character called home after an attempt on his life. Too stupid. I can't buy that.

As I said, though, good read until then. You're definitely talented.

cpetecpeteabout 9 years ago
Fun tale with

action, adventure, intrigue, betrayal, revenge and redemption -what's not to like?

Fine post!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fantastic!

Great story! Certainly timely with all the nuttiness going on in the world today.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story, belongs in Lit top 10 very entertaining...

Too bad I can't give it a 15 !

bigdnc13bigdnc13about 9 years ago
Wonderful Story

Another great story! It was worth every one of the 5 stars I gave it. You draw your characters well and keep the action rolling. I've been to movies lately that didn't have as good a plot line as this story. Thanks.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Very enjoyable tale

Certainly it is more of a thriller than an LW piece. There are at least three major plot holes in the story, but if you are out to have fun this will do it for you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
EXCEPTIONAL !!

This is one of, if not the best I have EVER read on the site

WELL DONE,

Sam

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 9 years ago
The master storyteller ius back with another 5* story

I wish I could write as well as you, Francis. But I'm just a humble hack journalist. ;o)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Outstanding

One of the best I've read at Literotica'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
LIKED

This was a GREAT STORY.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Loved it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous