All Comments on 'Rehearsal'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Different

Short, sweet and very different, well done.

robinhodrobinhodabout 9 years ago
I didn't see that coming!

It really looked as though it was heading down a well worn path and I was getting bored.

Then - Zowie!

Excellent.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 9 years ago
Excellent

I'm with fifteen16. A pleasure to read something imaginative and to the point.

javmor79javmor79about 9 years ago
That was a twist!

Unique take on the loving wife story. Nice twist in the end. You may receive some bad reviews for it but I have to say that enjoyed your tale of a marriage that is in DEEP trouble.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 9 years ago
Well done!

Nice twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Clever basic idea, but implausible execution.

The problem for me is accepting these people have been married for 20 years and know so little about each other, and are so insensitive to each others' vibes. But maybe this is a cultural thing? The sounds like a British culture, where people tend to stay more distant, more private, more reserved about their feelings? So maybe people of that type of culture get this, but for me it is unbelievable that she has become a slut, he has become gay, and yet neither can sense the changes in the other in terms of demeanor, affect, mood, or affection. So maybe their breakup won't be very traumatic, well obviously not for him. So they are both cheating sluts, and there is no empathy for either, which takes the energy out of the story.

So keep up the clever plot ideas, but work on more plausible and emotional interaction and characters. These two dumb shits should go their separate ways, and the sooner the better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This works because

the really offensive part to 'most' LW readers is used as the surprise twist ending. Also there is no graphic depiction; only implied activity. PLUS, it is clear that those implied behaviors are NOT the overriding theme, which actually IS a cheating wife, and her friend trying to seduce the hubby into further adultery. Then we get the bonus of this being blessedly brief, a quick flash tale, relying on humor in the dialogue, over and above any crazy plotline antics.

I would say that this is a well done example. IF an author just HAS to include sexual orientation confusion into a LW story, then this is how it should be done.

Good work!

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 9 years ago
Excellent

Those were a lot of plot twists tangled up in one short story, and you managed to execute them all flawlessly. That is true talent.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
The story should be called "Twistes"

The story should be called "Twistes"...A good reading, but let us with the question: "What kind of 20 years of marriage was this one?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
characters are need fr a stor4y you dumb fucking annony!

w/o them it wouldn't be a story. So go suck on your momma's tit and leave Lit. to those who can handle it. Gave it a 5

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 9 years ago
Well played

A one act play with lots of surprises. Although I will admit that I thought the twist was going to be that Audrey was wearing a microphone and while Henry was back stage he overhears the conversation between Audrey and Libby. I'm not sure who's going to be more surprised at the final outcome, Libby or Henry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Short and funny

I think it worked well due to being flash. A longer story would have required more character development and plausibility, but as is, the twist worked.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 9 years ago
both funny and sad

Sad because in the end they both end up to be selfish people,who don't seem to respect the other person.The wife could have confessed about the stripper as being a drunken fling,but she just got deeper in bc of her lack of trust.He is almost cruel,waiting for the 20th anniversary ,then telling her it is over,he is gay [or bi,whatever],it is like a perverted 'gift of the magi'...

Well written and different,I give it a 5 for being different

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Ewwwwwww! Yucky, poo-poo! This one is probably better served....

...in the gay and lesbian section. Oh, I know. He's bi. So, she's fucking around on him with who knows how many, just two she mentioned in the dialog. But he's not remotely attracted to a better looking woman,and has a stripper boyfriend on the side....and wasn't it the same one that fucked wifey??

Oooooo, yup, she's a whore and he's a swisher. That they're married is incidental at best, more likely, just plain silly. A lot of this makes no sense.

You should not try the "campy" route, either. You're not that good at it.

And the whole thing plays like conversation over coffee. Nothing deep, nothing heavy, just some light convo passing time at the bistro.

And bleckkkkk! What crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
3*s

HA Ha ha ha...

Nearly hurt myself as that twist was a complete surprise!!

I liked it, you got 3*s from me. Would have given you a better score if you had developed the characters more. Actually written what happened to the wife instead of just describing it. Wife to her friend.

Good job. You glutton for punishment you,lol

AMerryMan

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
He is a better actor

than the first part of the story gave him credit.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 9 years ago
Hell's teeth! 5* roller coaster of a story!

Blind-sided, but in a bloody good way!

I never saw that coming. Well done, Spencerfiction. A very good job, indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WHY

Do you start what you can't finish?

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Dont know what the hell the praise is about "different"

Cheating cunt commits adultery. Regrets it only after. Gets blackmailed and instead of confessing to her "perfect" husband, continues to fuck douchebag.

Exposing herself and husband to who knows what diseases, since he is a sleazeball.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

another faggoty brit cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Slut & Fag = Ewwwwwww!

Whoa,talk about fucked up people!

First we have one slut who's trying to fuck another slut's husband,at her request.This happens because the 2nd slut has been playing "Hide the salami" with a stripper she sucked off at a Hen party.Finally there's the husband who,despite approaching his 20th wedding anniversary is preparing to tell the wife that he's really a "light in the loafers" fag who's been taking it up the Hershey Highway from one of his drinking buddies.

Like I said,ewwwwwwwwww!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Too top

That was a funny.little story. I.like your style.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 4 years ago
You got my vote

For leaving me rereading the end over and over just to make sure I'd got it right. Then I just burst out laughing at how damned well you'd pulled the wool over.

Good job, sir.

oldtwitoldtwit10 months ago

Oh that ending really made me laugh, great twist, nicely written and put together,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
979 Followers
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...