All Comments on 'The Chaos Theory'

by HunterShambles

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Storm113Storm113about 9 years ago
more please

I really enjoyed this story. Thank you.

ag2507ag2507about 9 years ago
Lovely

Though wouldn't Josh's brother have to be at least 30 years older to be a Professor Emeritus?

HunterShamblesHunterShamblesabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the feedback

Thanks for the positive comments:

In regard to the Professor Emeritus, what I wrote was, "Ian's a Professor Emeritus at Oxford his field is Architectural History..." and yes Ian would normally be considerably older, however the title Emeritus is conferred before retirement so that the holder retains their title and honours after retirement. Now retirement can be due to age or other. Emeritus can be conferred if one honourably retires from one's tenure, and this may be before normal retirement age. In this case Ian retired early from another university but was coaxed out of retirement by Oxford and joined there staff body. I didn't add this in the back story, my apologies.

blackdragon54blackdragon54about 9 years ago

this story is funny in all the right ways and well worth the read, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Constructive criticism

This could expand (well, with a little censorship) into a cable-TV romantic comedy.

Could use an edit with an eye to run-on sentences. Please consider integrating narrative text and dialogues, as well as better identifying the individual speakers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Reminiscent & in the best style of

a good old fashioned British Sitcom.

question ..

are you Renwick in disguise ?

xxxhugsxxx

loved it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Damned Good

You handle dialogue so well. It's a story that is, as it were, "easily read" and really funny.

Got any more like that ?

73

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What a laugh

That is by far one of the funniest stories I have read in a long time

Well done...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great. Needs a follow up about the couples visit to Cornwall and Josh meeting with Bill's parents. A really fun read.

J

SelqSelqabout 7 years ago
A very fun and enjoyable read.

Would love to see more.

Easily 5 stars and thank you for writing.

coronamancoronamanover 6 years ago
Brilliant

I laughed out loud all the way to the end.

readymademilfreadymademilfover 6 years ago
Heartwarming brilliant

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!!!!!

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 6 years ago
Perfect boffins!

Am I using the term correctly? I speak cowboy, not English. I loved it, would love to read more about these charming souls. You had me laughing nonstop.

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Oh My God!

What an amazing story. I seriously hated to see it end. “...the arc of pee”. I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair. Many thanks to the author for this one, I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I spilled my tea

This is one of the best storries I have read. I laughed so hard i spilled my tea all over the keyboard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love it.

Great story. Had me laughing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Still Love It

Maybe even more than the first time I read it. What a fantastic fun story this is. I seriously think the author should figure out a way to do a sequel to it. I really would like to see more of the lives of Bill and the Prof. Think about it author, please!?

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 3 years ago
Truly hilarious!

Great dialogue, wonderful imagery. Could visualize the pratfalls and more than smiled through the whole thing. Should really have a sequel! Too much fun to leave...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great!

Great story, fun dialogue really did it!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Deliciously extravagant. Vivid images, explosive laughter!

brunnzlbrunnzl10 months ago

the story could use some serious editing. that aside, it is funny and heartwarming. I love the banter bits!

good to see that in between all the cocky incel writers someone appreciates and illustrates the erotic power of humour and intelligence. thank you!

alan_deealan_dee9 months ago

The feel good story of the year. It was completely pointless and an absolute joy to read. Kind of reminded me of the movie Roxanne (Steve Martin, Daryl Hannah).

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5 stars

Very rare from me

BUT deserves it

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The possessive form of it is lts, not it's. Yes, it doesn't really ruin the story. Yes, I'm a grammar stickler for pointing it out. On the other hand it's (not its) not that hard to get it right and grammar errors do detract from the story, at least they do for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous