All Comments on 'Them Old Mountain Stories Ch. 02'

by stlgoddessfreya

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
bearsladybearsladyabout 9 years ago

Another wonderful chapter. I'm looking forward to chapter 3.

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 9 years ago

*narrows eyes*

That's a lovely cardboard box you have there...and such comfy towels.

This could be in a White Wolf game manual, except that it's too well written. There are clear nods here to tumbling ten-siders and late nights. I'm a sucker for werewolves, vampires too, in the right context. This is a loving recreation that manages to surpass its influences in skill and creativity. It is a piece of my childhood, restrung and playing a new but somehow familiar song.

My father told me a story about House of the Rising Sun, a little different than this one. It was the first song I ever learned to play on guitar, and the first song he ever learned to play as well. Same with his uncle, who taught him. I will tell you about it sometime...maybe...for a price.

BramblethornBramblethornabout 9 years ago

Ah, I see I'm not the only one who had happy memories of V:tM on reading this. If I've read that right, we really were channeling the same muse this month, Freya - my "Wasp" had its seeds in an old Changeling game.

MSTarotMSTarotabout 9 years ago
You had your five stars..

...by the time the chicory coffee and beignets showed up. Enjoyed the take on the song, it's one of the few my vocal range works well on. Very nice atmosphere in the setting and the feel of old New Orleans.

Critique: I always pause now days when a vampire shows up in a story. There are so many stories, novels, and series where they are the main focus. So many they are becoming overused in a very extreme way.

Given the setting one of the Loa might would have worked. Or you could have linked "rising sun" with some of the demi-human creatures of the Japanese mythology. Jorogumo would have fit spectacularly.

Enjoyed it and will be waiting with the rest for the next story to be bribed out for bourbon or dances.

MST

LoveMenLoveSexLoveMenLoveSexabout 9 years ago
Sheer perfection once again

New Orleans is the only town for vampires ... except Paris, of course. Wonderfully told tale with the feel and taste of a very fine cognac and the rustle of silk and the sighs of velvet. I am loving this story and can't wait for the next instalment, but hey, you know, no pressure ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Such haunting atmospere...

Like a Tom Waits song. Hopefully the third chapter will be posted soon. I can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Phenomenal Story

These two chapters are amazing and I am itching for more. Does anyone know if the later chapters ever got written or posted somewhere? I don't see them anywhere and the author said two weeks for chapter 3 two and a half years ago. The story is off to such a great start I'd hate to hear it never got completed.

MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years ago
Another grand story

Your stories are so good, Freya, that I might walk on hot coals to see them. I fully agree with the Anon before me. Where oh where are Chapters 3-5? It's so frustrating to think they've disappeared.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous