All Comments on 'Dark Horse: Tales from the Ranch Ch. 05'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Why?

I get she was pissed but damn. Why did Miss Winters have to die?

Good story Loved it, like all of your others.

You do have a problem with Happily Ever Afters thought. Just like Hentai, we need to talk

-Robert Thompson

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDabout 9 years agoAuthor
In addition to...

The reasons listed in her letter, Ms. Winters had one other motivating factor; her massive ego. The idea that her legacy would live on after her death was an orgasm all on it's own. Lasting proof of her genius.

She doesn't believe Isabella will shut down the Ranch. She couldn't say that, of course, but she was supremely confident that her cult of personality would persist.

SluttyMinxSluttyMinxabout 9 years ago
brilliant story

I hadn't realized how attached to miss Winters I had become until reading the letter in the end.. in the beginning I truly thought I hated the woman for the things she had done to Velvet/Isabella.. but like with any good story I feel sad that I will not get to read anymore about Velvet, Peep, Beau, Belle, and possibly Ghost. although I would have loved to read how that one played out. Should you choose to write anymore about it I will gladly read it

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDabout 9 years agoAuthor
Re: SluttyMinx

"That comment alone has made this entire project worth it."

- LittleGrue

(Ditto for me too)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Ding dong the crazy bitch is dead. How to help fractured people by breaking them completely. This was well written and infuriating to read. I am very happy you are leaving the future to us to imagine as we see fit. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
cool story bro

Kudos on the open ending, I was getting sick of the typical brainwashed-and-happy ending. Got to admit, this ended up a lot more emotional than I was expecting it to be. You guys really got me to hate Elizabeth, congrats!

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesalmost 9 years ago

I honestly did not see that ending coming at all. Not even one little bit. Amazing.

I liked that you didn't have to kill us with details about the whole hypnosis thing, and assumed your readers were smart enough to figure out what was happening.

An interesting thought exercise this story brings up is to compare what Winters was trying to do with her "ponies" to normal people and their pets. Is it right to keep a bird or a cat at home? Or a sea lion or tiger in a zoo? Yes, they'll be protected from harm and receive the best possible care and probably live much longer lives that way, but they essentially are still in a cage, a prison, not free to fly or stalk as they please. Do they love us for the nice window we gave them to look out of and see the trees blowing in the wind outside? Or do they just wish we would open the window already and not try to catch them when they jump out of it? I have pets, and I myself don't know how I feel about this question. But it makes you think, no? And further, will people object and say that's OK to do to animals, but not people? Are people so much better than animals that we deserve better treatment? More questions.

Anyway, interesting story, made me feel all sorts of different feels.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
So I commented quite some time ago on chapter 3

Saying this: "So Elizabeth's entire rational is that she is getting "Velvet" away from a life she hates and wants to "protect" her but in the process of doing so she breaks her mind to the point that the person she wanted to protect is gone. So tell me what was the fucking point."

Well despite how much this story just both angered and depressed me I for some reason I cannot fathom now decided to finish it. I now longer question what Ms Winters wanted to do because now I know it was to break Isabella's sanity completely. She now has a split personality, one that loves Ms.winters and probably despises Isabella for killing her. While Isabella will despise "Velvet" for being so weak and doing everything the insane bitch made her do. I firmly believe there will be no reconciling as Ms Winters puts it for Elizabeth. Her polar opposite personalities are certain to tear her apart. . .So congrats to you for making one of the most depressing stories I've read on this site. You and your friend are amazing writers I just truly wished you had not wasted that talent writing something so damn depressing.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDabout 8 years agoAuthor
Dear Anon

First of all, thank you. It’s rare to find readers that really think as they go along, and come to their own conclusions. I am truly, truly appreciative of the time you invested in reading Dark Horse.

Second, thank you for sharing. There is always a gap between intent (the author) and interpretation (the reader), no matter what. Rarely do we get much more back than “hot”, or “when can we expect more?” it's ALWAYS a treat to connect with readers, I promise.

Third, I'm sorry that Tales from the Ranch did not give you the closure you wanted. The goal was always to write something dark, hard, and provocative, but that doesn't mean I don't sympathize. I write for personal reasons, and I post the work I'm proud of. I am not ramping up my fanbase in an effort to become a full time author.

For now, what that means is that some of my stories will have hard endings, because their primary purpose is catharsis for me. That other people might later enjoy them is cool too but it’s not the driving goal.

Most of my stories (Dark Horse, ACG, CtD, Derelict, and Light Rays) have harder endings because they're helping me process difficult emotions. Some of my other stories (Ballad, A Midautumn Night’s Dream, and Terrible Company), however, are lighter in tone. Terrible Company, i particular, is one that I'm very proud of, as the response has been that it successfully pulls of being humorous. If you were looking for something well written that isn't so horribly depressing, I would definitely suggest trying that!

Even if you don't, though, and you swear off reading anything with my name on it ever again, I'm appreciative. Deeply so.

Thank you.

SchismZeplinSchismZeplinover 7 years ago
I couldn't stop reading....

I have to tell you I've never commented on anyone's story yet in literotica and I know I've read 100's up on 100's of stories in here over the years. Yet somehow I really felt compelled to at least leave you a comment as I know you all put in a lot of work into this story.

That being said somehow its funny I won't too personal in this public comment with myself but in a lot of ways I guess somehow I felt very connected with this story. I think deep down if you really get to the base of some submissives feelings you would wind up with stories and fantasies like this one. Not all of them but only the ones that crave absolute TPE or total power exchange.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Oh By The Way

I have, over the years, collected a lot of art (for this story and others). Be sure to check http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1496319 to see these characters and more!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
1326 Followers
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES