All Comments on 'There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 24'

by Prolonged_Debut10

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great stuff!!

Bob,

Keep up the good work, this stuff is fantastic.

Sid0604Sid0604about 9 years ago
Another Great Chapter...

Another great chapter and very easily worth 5 stars. Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us.

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80about 9 years ago
stay tough

Hang in there Bob. Your story is awesome and your deserve to finish it. Did you rush this chapter? There were a lot of editing mistakes this time around. If you need editing services I would be privileged to offer mine. Thank you for another fantastic chapter.

Will

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
another great chapter

firstly keep you health up and ALWAYS look on the bright side of life (unquote)

then carry on writing there are literally hundreds possibly thousands waiting for the next chapter best wishes

James UK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

i hope the treatments are doing you good keep writing as i am enjoying the humor and comments in the chapters

DMaster_14DMaster_14about 9 years ago
Keep on Keeping on

Don't let it get you down. Keep doing what the nurses tell you and keep you chin up. A positive mental attitude is just as important as the medicine. A great chapter and I hope to read many more chapters of you great writing.

redlion75redlion75about 9 years ago

not liking how half the family is trying/not going on the trip now.

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 9 years ago

I get a kick out of the character names that you use. This time it was Jack Daniels and Adam Schiff (inspired by old Law and Order episodes?) but I have noticed names of actors and various fictional characters throughout the story. It's heartbreaking that Even will leave Jennifer and his son behind.

Good luck with your treatment!

tomscardstomscardsabout 9 years ago
another 10 star rating

ok, ok there is no ten star, but if i sign in on different name it could be 2 5 star ones,

listen to your nurses and doctors. get well . we need your stories.

hang it, it does get better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Happy to Find Out You Are Doing Okay!

Hi, Bob.

It's nice that the ship finally took its first test flight. It has been a long time coming. Nothing ever goes completely right the first time, that is why they are called "Shakedown Cruises." I went through a lot of them when I was in the Navy. I never liked them because of the many hours spent afterwards making all the corrections, but they are a necessary evil.

I'm going to miss the Vice President and his attempts to sabotage the program. But he needed to be done away with and the manner it was done was handled very well. You have a lot of knowledge about a lot of things and I admire that. My wife is in awe by the amounts of trivia that I have locked in my brain. I told her that if she had read as much as I did while I was growing up she would be a walking encyclopedia, too.

I like the Schiff lad but, it seems to me, there are so many characters in this story that are just too good to be true. Even people with the best intentions have something to hide. Most normal people are not as honest as those portrayed here, and those of us that are usually get the short end of the stick because, on the whole, mankind does not trust honesty--I know from experience.

Anyway, I'm glad you are still putting words to paper. I know you are not feeling your best but we hope that, at least, our kind words are some comfort for what you are going through. Do whatever they tell you to do so that you get better, even though that is selfish on my part. It really makes my whole day when I see that there is another installment of "There Must Be a Mistake." So, take care, Bob, and we'll see you at the next go-round.

Roger.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 9 years ago
Major error - affecting suspension of disbelief

While I still love the story series, this chapter's abuse of the laws of motion broke, nay shattered, my suspension of disbelief completely.

A few facts: 1500Mph = 670.56 m/s 1G = 9.8m/s/s to go from 670.56 m/s to 0 (or vice-versa) in 0.5 sec would generate a force of 1341.12 m/s/s or about 136Gs (in a LATERAL vector). Everyone aboard would be dead of severe internal trauma from the intertia alone (since I don't recall the invention/installation of floor, ceiling, & wall-mounted inertial stabilizers/dampeners in the story - unless my memory fails me here - and if intertial stabilizers/dampeners were in place and operating properly, then nobody's bodies should have experienced ANY sort of slam into their safety harnesses).

In addition - such high-speed (mach 2+) maneuvers could never be done with the mickey mouse ears extended - the drag forces alone would shear them off their structural members - to say nothing of the damage from such severe G forces during acceleration/deceleration. The mouse ears would absolutely have to have been retracted during any such high-speed mach-plus atmospheric maneuvers!

So, while I found this chapter entertaining, I found it ultimately highly disappointing. None of the bridge crew would have made these mistakes - they are too smart for that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
MDA

They are the best. Remember, so are you.

I live in Houston and would like to buy you dinner when you are well.

GEB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Get well soon

I was lucky to avoid chemo, only had radiation treatments (20). Just passed a year cancer free. Do not give up. And yes, the professionals that treat cancer are mind boggling in how they can do the work they do and still remain compassionate and caring.

Good luck, no pun intended.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story as Usual

Glad to hear you made it through your first round OK, keep the faith and all will go good. I have two cancer survivors in my family, my wife (2 yrs) and my mom (42 yrs).

Really enjoying the story line and can't wait for the next installment.

drif10drif10about 9 years ago

Just read through this story in the past day. As an old sci-fi buff, I've really enjoyed it. The overall feel reminds me of RAH, whose work I've always loved.

Your work here is well done, thank you for it.

As for life's curve balls, know that I hope the best possible outcome for you.

When you're ready, I look forward to more from you.

ps. As a very minor thing: I noticed some minor editing misses along the way (conscience instead of conscious, sites instead of sights, etc). If you get really really bored during your treatments, tweaking these might be something to take your mind off of things. ☺

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10about 9 years agoAuthor
I am leaving Wednesday, March 18.

Hello everyone; I want to thank you for all your wonderful comments, and correct criticisms. It is the only way my writing will get better; as long as I do.

When I asked the agent why they were moving me up the list now, when I pleaded with them to do it, when I was physically there, the agent simply said, "There was a change in the status for three of our patients."

I laughed, and said, "Leave it to a hospital to come up with a way to circumvent telling you that several patients have passes away."

"Mister Giardino, I don't make the rules, I have to follow them."

"Oh Well; You can't win them all."

I am 39 pages into Chapter 25. If I can get up to at least 80 pages, I will submit it for your reading pleasure. If I don't, you are going to be waiting a long time for the chapter to come out, for your reading pleasure.

Please bear with me. Bob (Prolonged_Debut10)

styxlover45styxlover45about 9 years ago
Favorite story

I loved reading this chapter as well as everything you have written. You are my favorite author on this site by far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great

Fantastic storyline. Just can't stop reading until I finished it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
BOB PLEASE GET WELL!!!!THE SOONER THE BETTER!!!

BOB Please summit Chapter 25, Even if is only Partial Finish??? Thirty-nine pages is more than enough to Wet our Appetite for this Story!!! Untill you are Back!!! & Feeling Well,&Healthly to Continiue this Wonderfull Story!!!!! THANKS BOB & PLEASE GET WELL SOON!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Get Well Soon

I hope you get better Bob and half a loaf is better than none. I really hope you get better God be with you

drif10drif10about 9 years ago

I had first read this story, and have since read your others here, then just re-read this one.

Doing this allowed me to understand the interwoven story lines, and better comprehend how the characters came to be. This made it all the better in the second reading.

You've done good work, and I hope that your medical situation resolves in a manner that allows you to continue writing. Whenever you can, I will be eagerly awaiting your efforts.

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Get well soon.

Bob, I could say that I know what you are going through, but even though I had Colon Cancer I do not know what you are going through. I was lucky by having a great Surgeon that got all of my cancer the first time, which meant no Chemo or radiation. Hang in there and do as your Doctors & Nurses tell you to do. I have really enjoyed all of your stories and looking forward for when you are able to submit your next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
damned great story

normaally i'm not into sci-fi. but i have enjoyed all 24 sections of this story so far. i can't wait to read the net chapter. keep up the great work.

hornyoldgoat1952

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Great story. I do have an issue with all the mistakes with the right word. She didn’t go into a “close store” she went into a cloths store. Just one example.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userProlonged_Debut10@Prolonged_Debut10
1989 Followers
B.S. Professional Studies M.A. History I Love Books with great content, and words in general. Language is my love. I write for my enjoyment. I write non-erotic pieces, and add some titilating scenes in every so often, to pick up your heart rate. If you are looking for smut, l...