All Comments on 'The Quarterback and the Tutor Ch. 04'

by perihelion

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
canndcanndabout 9 years ago

I love these two and I am super impressed with Lucas. That's love to be willing to give up your desires for the other person like he does by being willing to stay in the closet for Tom's career option. But, I am not impressed with tom's 'i'm a wimp' excuse for not dumping Sally. Sleeping with her or not, I don't think he'd be happy if tables were turned. He didn't even promise he was just waiting for the easy way out. He left it open ended. I'm happy lucas at least said he wasn't happy that he was with her. He stood up for himself which made me happy. I hope Tom does the right thing. I hate to see Lucas doing all the giving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

All the chapters r good.i enjoy reading

MissPrimMissPrimabout 9 years ago
That Pot Roast

Looks like they ate everything but the pot roast. LOL.

Now I like the story, but there is one part that I'm not liking--and that is the portrayal of women here. Both these guy's girlfriends are labeled as crazy or controlling, just plain miserable human beings, who are looking for things they have no right to have, like an honest boyfriend who cares about them as human beings.

Mind you, it is both men in this story that is not being honest with these women. Lucas fucked his no-strings-attached girlfriend because "she expected it." Whoa, weren't there two people in that room? Didn't at least one of them have a brain? And then when she confronts him about his hickeys she's the crazy one? And yeah, she didn't have to do it a public place, but geez, he doesn't seem to be giving her the time of day for an honest conversation.

And then he allows everyone to deride this girl, even though he was one using her.

And then he says to Tom, "I'm not some girl you can walk over?" Misogynistic much?

And Tom is no better, using a girlfriend as a front, though strangely, I think I sympathize more with this character than Lucas, because he's not fucking his girlfriend, even if it is for the reason of not letting her control him with sex.

Back it up. The real problem here is not women, but a male-dominated society that is afraid of men loving men. I'd love to see a chapter with an honest discussion about that.

You have a whole campus here as your setting. I hope you get your characters to interact with other people in school and gain some different perspectives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I have been enjoying this story up to now. I could do without the comments about women and lack of character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
More more more!!!

I want more!! I love reading this series, I find it so romantic! Can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder if Tom will ever dump Sandy and declare his love for Tom to everyone, that would be the perfect ending. Keep up the great writing you genius!

Tom7JerryTom7Jerryabout 9 years ago
I love the idea

This series has an excellent base. What I mean by that is two closeted men who have strong feelings for each other and yet at the same time are afraid of societies judgemental outlook on them. They are afraid of what others will think. I have a million opinions on that alone...but that's a different story lol

What I'm not liking is how it's just so unbelievable. I mean the way things progressed...or rather how it is written. It's just so...unrealistic and predictable. I also feel that some of the sex scenes need a little more detail/attention. In the previous chapter Lucas was a virgin (as far as him being the catcher) and that is not as smooth/pain free the first time. I think his first time would have been better in another location such as the bed. Tom says he loves Lucas yet he didn't make his first time special. Don't get me wrong sex in the shower is hot! I did like that you included his feeling of vulnerability at the end but would have enjoyed more about it with no contact the two days in between. Let's face it we are negative beings. We automatically think the worse. His insecurities coming out at that time would have been perfect because they would have been resolved by Tom's declaration of love and confessions.

As far as the girlfriends go, to clarify for some of our readers, they were chosen (personal opinion/interpretation) because they made great covers. Quarterback dates a cheerleader. Granted this is playing to social prejudices like everything else but it is just a story and such things do occur in real life. To be seen with a girl but not one who is the settle down and marry type. They were chosen for that reason. Many can say men are shallow...let's face it we are but so are women. :) I know that may start a debate but we all have some form of personal prejudice. We all have standards and preferences when it comes to selecting potential partners. I don't, however, feel it was the writers intentions to depict women in general as crazy.

I seem to have rambled on and on so I'll finish with a note to the writer.

keep writing.

Develop the characters more. Make us love them!

You have good material just need to clean it up a bit.

I look forward to more.

TM

Petef52Petef52about 9 years ago
Reality sucks sometimes

The story line reflects the unfairness of a society that judges and penalises minorities without understanding. As an older man I have seen change and progress but we still have a long way to go. Teenage angst mixed with societal judgement is properly reflected in the plot and I just love the sex! 5 stars. really look forward to chapter 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

You've lost this reader with your portrayal of women. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Its good but..

i feel like you've rushed into the love? Like there's no build up. I mean after 2 years of being friends, oh suddenly Tom is in love with Lucas? I love the idea that the social prejudices should be broken and that people should be able to love whoever they want. But potraying all women as psychotic is just not fair to them. So im a little biased being a straight female but still, I ain't crazy! Love the storyline, maybe just develop the characters a little more and a bit more in depth about the whole story in general xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Disappointing

Yet another story in this section in which women are portrayed as nothing but one-dimensional controlling frigid bitches whose sole narrative purpose is to be used as a beard until the main characters wake up to themselves. You can do much better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Ok, halt up every female reader (and others who feel the same)

I've been reading this story as a woman, and don't necessarily have to take every woman's case in point as a slap against womanhood.

I enjoy reading gay male stories if the quality of the story is up to it, and this has absolutely nothing to do with women being involved in the story.

Yes ok there might be a woman in the background of this story that is a bit of a bitch, but have you not also read many other gay male stories where there is a man that is a bitch?

Equally I have read gay male stories where the woman behind the action is totally wonderful.

judojonjudojonabout 9 years ago
don't listen to haters

Great job just love when i see another chapter . And you listened and gave us two pages . Really good job of bringing them together . And as for the love one can truly feel it on the first meeting.So i am all for what you are writing thanks again John

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteabout 9 years ago
Great Story Continues

I really love this story. The female critics are generalizing from the two women who deserve the expletives used. (Bitches are bitches. Period. Get over it). Hope you continue the story right on through to graduation. I like both guys and the sex scenes are HOT. Keep up the good work!

sm1982sm1982about 9 years ago
Yes, I'm back to liking Tom

So happy Tom admitted his feelings to Lucas and vice verse plus the important discussions on whether or not to make their relationship public and to talk about Sandy.

For readers who were upset about something in this chapter:

1. Tom and Lucas have been secretly seeing each other for a while. Each has built up his love for the other over the first two years of college, keeping up with each others accomplishments while being "straight" men.

2. The author is not saying all women fall under the categories of being like Mary Beth and Sandy. However, to fit this storyline, the author chose shallow, bitchy, and jealous women who help both men realize who they really want to be with and that ot will be so much easier to break both relationships up the way Lucas' did and Tom's will eventually.

7letcher7letcherabout 9 years ago
Why am i just meeting this author?

I loooooove this story. It is deep and i can relate to the characters. I hope you never stop writing. You are so good at it.

WittePietWittePietalmost 9 years ago
The story is about a Man-Man relationship

OK, both the men want to stay in the closet, but that doesn't mean that they need to have sex with women. The fact that the women they were fucking (or in Tom's case had just given up fucking) were bitches carries no implication that all women are like that. If one of the men had been involved with a really sweet woman, who would be heartbroken if she knew the truth, the story would have become immensely complicated (though possibly more exciting). I personally believe that M-M love is stronger than heterosexual love, but that might just be personal prejudice. It's the author's story: let him develop it as he pleases. I give it five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
mary beth

Guys frankly I don't think Mary Beth is shallow or a bitch she though that her and Lucas were a thing and the he cheated on her like she's not crazy she's a "girlfriend"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The quarterback and the tutor

Boy, am I loving this or what. I'm glad there's a story behind the sextet, some of the stories it's just a discription of the sex. If you see what I mean, keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just Gets Better and Better

A great love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Female str8 reader here)

I don't have any problems with how women are treated in this story. Yes, bitches happen, deal with it, not every story has to have a female role model in it.

What I am not comfortable with though, is your use of time. For some reason you feel that you have to quantify it up to a minute, but often miss the mark on what can happen and what not. They lay together on the floor "for almost an hour" - not sleeping, not talking, not fucking, not even watching TV. Really? Just put as " for a long time" and readers can put their own timing in there.

Another thing - first times. Both first oral and anal went waaaay too fast and easy. "I want you! - OK, take me." No hesitation, no second thoughts during or after, no anxiety, no pain for the virgin, and no concerns about pain for the top. For guys that are ready to talk about love after just a few days of getting together as lovers this does not look right.

Sandy

funandboldfunandboldabout 5 years ago
Wow Sandy...the reader, not the girlfriend...pretty critical...holy crap!

I write too...and I can take criticism but wow...

Most of us write because a scene or a story comes into our head...or we're fantasizing about real life situations or desires...

As far as falling in love instantly...they both did that a couple of years ago when they first laid eyes on each other..."love at first sight" is very sexy and romantic!

Ease up...enjoy the flow...it's a great and sexy story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a really good story. I love they are so thoughtful of each other.

adidas21525adidas215258 months ago

This is such a great fantasy. Im getting all the feels. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous