All Comments on '"The Worm Doth Turn"'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 335 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I like your work.

I enjoy reading your stories. Truth be told I'm a btb fan. But you have a way of making a reconciliation not an entirely bad or unreasonable outcome.

As always I look forward to your future stories.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Hard to live with someone who not only cheated

but showed the amount of disrespect that she did for her husband. If she didn't think much of his job she should never have married him. And really, what does a legal secretary make? I think not so much. From what I have observed in the past a really good legal secretary doesn't make as much as a paralegal. And I think an assistant principle makes more than a paralegal. So it was just the office she worked in and the amount of horseshit she was willing to swallow to look good to the bosses. Evidently she was stupid as well as vapid. I don't know what Steve's problem was, he must like to grovel so he let her be in charge. Not a formula for gaining or keeping the respect of you wife. Some things don't matter to most men, sure. But you have to draw the line at servitude. You shouldn't make your wife subservient but then you shouldn't have to put up with a bunch of shit from her either.

His solution was brilliant and well played, but I don't buy the "I compared you to this really good looking and confident lawyer who I had given my loyalty and devotion to and you came out so much better, even thought I had completely cut you off from the pussy and gave it only to him". In his office and every Friday night at "the office happy hour" which was held at a major hookup bar and restaurant. She didn't respect her husband and only came around when she thought he was slipping out from under her thumb, so to speak. I can't believe that this writer actually wrote about a man who had at least some pride and self respect. Not much but more than we usually see. Still trended toward RAAC too much, but there were kids involved and after all the boys needed to have a woman in their lives to show them how they were going to have to live when they got to be adults and their wives started putting them down and screwing their bosses. I can't think of any other example she might serve.

zed0zed0about 9 years ago
Typical Long Winded carvohi Wimp Story

Oboy! & Woopy! Poor little wimp gets to stay married to a cheater!

O Joy! O Joy! Just doesn't get any better, does it?

Better get a DNA test on the new baby.

I hear Steve has started teaching a new adult ed class:

Passive/Aggressive Wimp 101.

(I'm still not sure what a carvohi is, but what ever it is, it appears to have no balls).

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
You Know

I'm possibly the number one BTB person on this site but I give you kudos on this one. Not knowing just exactly what the cheaters did possibly helped here with the reconciliation.

It was a well crafted tale that could had led to many different endings. I give it four stars just because the kids grew up with both parents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Forrest also said, 'War means fighting, and fighting means killing." You let Wendell go scot free. Still cause you and laptop are practically the last two good authors still posting, got to give you 5 stars.

gara5289gara5289about 9 years ago

So few stories show either spouse actually fight for marriage during the affair. Most let it happen and then the story follows, i loved that he actively tried to keep his wife. And to me, that difference makes him not a wimp.

funksofunksoabout 9 years ago
The worm...

The worm doth bury its head, for shame!

I liked the story, but awfully forgiving... Maybe the other lawyers taught her some more new tricks for her husband. Lucky she's a good Christian who'd never dishonour her vows.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
very sad story

Sad story and- yes- he is a wimp.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Disappointing

I expected more when this story started. But there didn't seem to be any fire in it. It just seemed like an informative retelling of a story, like someone reading out loud with no voice inflections. Perhaps I missed something, but while setting the stage in the first part I felt a little confused when the timeline seemed to jump back and forth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The worm didn't turn...

...he just put his head so far up his own ass that he wouldn't have to see the truth. I have no problem with our hero fighting save his marriage, it's just that he only fought half the battle. Not only did Dell come through relatively unscathed, but they're still friendly. That means the wimp label fits. The writing skills were more than adequate, just the plot was, for me, lacking. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I just do not know how to score

a very sad story.. the only thing coming to my mind the wife will cheat again.. maybe a one nighter. in the stairwell. shopping at the mall or grocery store.. this husband will blindly drive down the road... she will be able to pull it off and he will be in fog

BriteaseBriteaseabout 9 years ago
Realistic

Maybe almost too much? Good story. Enjoyed it!

spredmspredmabout 9 years ago
Sad

Would have like to see a little retaliation on Dell

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 9 years ago

Communication was a problem with both couples. If it was better they might not have had to go through the drama. There were way too many red flags to not question the cheating spouses behavior in the beginning.

seekerazseekerazabout 9 years ago
wendell got off too easy but the story wasn't about him

in this case under the post-nup this reconciliation just might work.

The writing is very good. The principal characters are well developed and believable. The "extras", Dell, Allyson, and the kids didn't need more filling out.

I don't like Steve's manipulation of the situation much. It could have been more straightforward with comparable results but it wouldn't have been as interesting a story.

Thanks carvohi

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
hope

quite simply it gives us all "hope"...thanks

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Nice job on keeping your sights on the primary topic. Too many stories meander off into the weeds.

Great read.

RonG1941RonG1941about 9 years ago
CONVOLUTED

I just didn't enjoy reading about all the 'Turns the Worm Turned'. Just to cleaver.

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 9 years ago
Well Steve was a man with a plan.

And it worked out for him. Sometimes you love someone and your life so much you can overcome a cheating spouse that really feels remorse for their actions. But the trust was something that would be a long time in returning. And for those commentators calling for some revenge on Wendell? I think Allyson probably framed her post-nuptial agreement and watches Wendell closely. Anything she doesn't like and she points to it on the wall. That was Wendell's punishment. He had to walk the straight and narrow. For a man with that big an ego, that would have been hell. And yes, you were a little wordy in places, but it was okay in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
An enjoyable story!

I really enjoyed it, but didn't agree with the ending. However, it was the authors story and they just took us for a ride! Here is my other comment.... :

"She whimpered, "Oh no, it'll never happen, no, never again."

I thought, 'there's something special about a desperate woman', and Myra was certainly that. I said flatly, "Trust Myra, once it's lost...it's gone."

And I can say with certainty, it really is gone. No matter how much they work, there will always be that distrust. Perhaps put into the back recesses of our mind, but it's still there. Myra was a cheater, plain and simple. She is to NEVER be trusted ever again. A cheater is a cheater. She started way to easily and only stopped when her husband stopped her, not because she wanted to.

Wang4Wang4about 9 years ago
I Enjoyed the story

OK, if a cuck sits on one side of the room and a BTB advocate is on the other, where I would stand depends on the facts behind the cheating. In this case my only recommendation for the husband would have been to raise and discuss the issue of disrespect. That and trust are deal setters and deal breakers

Ed

Richie4110Richie4110about 9 years ago
Loved it

Thought it was well written with just enough emotional challenge to keep me from putting it down. I will look forward to read more of your offerings soon.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
"Typical Long Winded carvohi Wimp Story"- zed0

What else would one expect from the author of "The Dentist"? Carvohi's theme song is most likely "Tip Toe Through the Tulips"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
well

I lived the story overall, excellent writing as usual.

But, a woman, with small children, educated, who intentionally puts that life at risk?

Something in the marriage is wrong.

The situation was so, I guess easy, yes easy for her to cheat.

I really wonder if they would make it long term. She threw him away without a thought.

Wonder why she was upset about a divorce?

whirlwind_66whirlwind_66about 9 years ago
quite a novel idea.... !

The saying is "To kill two birds with s single stone..." Steve saves two families from being ruined (killed) ..with a single brilliant idea...

Quite an interesting read ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good story, good post nup.

If you cheat you lose everything , even visitation,I doubt that part would hold up in court if challenged. But that's what you have to do if you want to keep a marriage going after an affair. Most men would never react this way , he was a rare individual. To keep everyone intact but she had to agree and most women would never go there. Probably they look down at there husbands life is really complicated.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 9 years ago
Pretty good!

I more or less agree with the overall plot and their reconciliation. In terms of the blather "once a cheater always a cheater", that's about as true as once a smoker, always a smoker. How sad to go through life convinced that no person can learn from experience. Put that way it shows how stupid the idea is.

It was a well thought out story, and well written as always.

Chilley

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
CHEATERS NEVER THINK, about A Worm, Yes.

but that the turned worm might be a mad rattler. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
cheater smoker

Once a cheater = once a smoker.

Might be a better analogy than you think.

But not a good argument for you.

Smoking is as or more addictive than crack cocaine.

I've known heroin and injected cocaine addicts that beat those addictions cold turkey, and can't quit smoking.

If cheating is as addictive as smoking, then the way to bet is they won't be able to quit.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 9 years ago
Good story

Really liked it. Especially after some of the stories you've put out recently.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124about 9 years ago
Excellent! great! Enlightening!

Much better than the sad, depressing stories we get on here. And Myra did turn out to be a Loving Wife, even if she had to be shown the error of her ways.

Two things:

1. The philosophy of phonics in reading - I totally agree, support it, and have actually taught it in school. Much better than the "sight" method. A kid learns phonics well, he can pick up anything and read it.

2. I believe I have mentioned this before and I assume it was you I complemented you on with another story. The faith aspect, believers in Christ. A good witness, even if they weren't model Christians (drinking, cheating, etc.) There's no such thing as a perfect believer, only a forgiven one.

5 *'s Favorite Story status - Favorite Author status. Looking forward to more..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Am I a wimp?

Yes you are. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1 star

The king of wimps is dead, long live the new king of wimps!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Pretty close. Steve left one item out of the reconciliation act, . . .

the apologies. Myra owed an apology to Wendell's wife, and Wendel owed an apology to Steve. Oh, and Steve and Allyson should have asked that a no fraternization clause be added to the firm's employee manual. Like everyone in the firm didn't already know that Myra and Wendell were fucking. There must have been some office culture there that accepted their behavior. Steve and Allyson could have helped provide some protection for current and future employees from sexual predation. Being the asshole I am, there would have been one more item between Wendell and me. A thousand bucks for each fuck session. My wife played the part of a his slut for a short time, I'll play the part of her pimp. I would have used the money to buy Allyson a piece of jewelry, and advised her to wear it when she felt Wendel needed a reminder. I would have never told Myra about that part. If she found out, it would be from Wendell, and that would tell me that they were still talking about intimate personal issues. Assholes like Wendell have no conscience. If he was talking to Myra again and she did not tell me then it really would be time to pull the plug.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good story

Good story, good ending, not what I would of done, maybe. But it is a good story. Some of the readers don't seem to appreciate a story for story sake. If it don't end up in retribution they don like it. I am with betrayedbylove. It is a well crafted reconciliation story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Insight

This was an excellent, creative story. Wimp? No not really, in spite of a few "black and white" remarks from anonymous. Dell was apparently a real asshole and got some punishment by his wife. Steve had a real problem and, in spite of being burnt a bit, saved his marriage. Myra did make up for a terrible mistake that could have been much worse. Offering forgiveness is not always "wimpy" and that depends on the mistake and the person.

This was really well written and a good "real life" scenario but with a good ending.

Congratulations and keep them coming.

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A Solid Piece Of Work

It earns five stars*****!!!

Benedict12Benedict12about 9 years ago
Please No

So a gifted and dedicated teacher aspires to leave the classroom and become an administrator? Oh the horror, the horror!

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Throw Away

If we threw away everything that was in need of repair then we would end up with nothing, the question is this, is it worth repairing. That is purely a personal decision, it's what can be lived with as opposed to the alternative, life is a compromise and we do it everyday even if some of us like to think we don't. Very often those who shout what they would do actually behave differently when confronted with a problem. A very good story about real life people, we are all fallible, you never know what is around the next corner. It's a funny old world.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
Honestly?

It'll pass. Not too shabby. It's good ol' Steve had the gonads and moxie to get Allyson in on the plan to bring the slut and her stud back from the abyss. Yeah, you did good work on this one, carvohi. **** Cheers!

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
You are an interesting man

I get staying with her for the boys. What I don't get is allowing my self to continue to invest love in someone who was so selfish and unloving for so long. Her thoughts, words and deeds were as terrible and abusive as a wife could be towards a husband. Who needs that? Who want's to love that and let that get close to you? Loving wives do not turn into selfish cunts and then turn back to loving wives - it doesn't happen. It defies human nature, human psychology, and human pride for a person to flip flop like that. Remember, she didn't cheat on a boyfriend, she cheated on her husband, the father of her children, and she cheated on her sons! The degree of selfishness is off the wall. So, okay live with her for the boys sake. Be civil and ride it out. As far as Wendell is concerned, he is another matter altogether. He fucked with Steve's wife, with Steves family and threatened to damage his sons. As a matter of justice and honor, Dell would have to pay dearly. Death or serious injury would be the preferred outcome.

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Works for me

He decided what he wanted and then mounted a campaign to get it on his terms. Winning is not always about destruction and revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow, how ridiculous...

Nothing about this story works at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
dear annony is at it again!!

This story is fandamn tastic the sex and plot were outstanding,. And you pissed ooff dear annony , you know the biggest asshole on this site, so you get a 5

cloacascloacasabout 9 years ago
Didn't like the divorce documents twist

I think you had 2 plot choices:

1. Include the divorce documents but emphasize in the story how he wants her to realize what she has and might be losing. You sort of go there but don't emphasize it.

2. Take out the divorce documents so she comes to her senses without that prod. I think the story as written calls for this option.

gdjohn52gdjohn52about 9 years ago

Great story, it is possible to forgive, If you think its worth it, And thats the thing, Dont let some dumbass help you decide. Misery loves company and I think anonymous is a miserable little girl

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 9 years ago
An excellent 5* story

Heartbreak, angst, revenge, recovery, love.

It's all there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I enjoyed it.

Great story about an ordinary man,a hero!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Did we get the postnuptial? No, we never did.

I didn't consider him a wimp until that unnecessary moment.

Great story overall. It's difficult to get me to enjoy a reconciliation story, but I can if it's done well and not forced. This was done very well. I also liked the way you had him be a teacher - teaching Wendell and his own wife a valuable lesson about marriage.

I just wish you hadn't decided to make him a squish about the postnup. It was a bit of a RAAC moment shoved into an earned reconcilliation tale.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Soft soaping a cheater.

All these good comments are puzzling. Why condone a cheating wife? Like it or not, he was a cuckold wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I STOPPED reading after the husband asked her 8 times to marry her

gee what could POSSIBLY go wrong?.... 8 TIMES

8 !!??!!

imagine this idiot of a man explaining to his parents " No Mom and Dad...I asked her last weekend and she said no for the 6th time but I will keep asking her"..

..

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 9 years ago
wait let me get this right ...

Both of the spouses are cheating with each other SO... the cheated on husband suggests that they buy 2 cakes ??

Oh my god...

this has to be the dumbest fucking thing I have EVER read from this idiot author

crickettecricketteabout 9 years ago
thank you

I liked it and unlike all the gripers that are anonymous I thought it was well structured and written.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Good story...

This is a good story and a different approach to this subject of cheating...

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Excellent Storytelling

Well drawn characters and a believable bump in the road. For me the fact that offended party got what he wanted, especially since he controlled the destruction of the affair. One point that is important is that she understood how stupid she had been at the Fourth of July party where the two realities met head on. That was the end of the affair, if you believe her.... I liked that. The remarriage ceremony should tip any friends off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1 star

So much about this story I didn't like, or couldn't believe. What's the difference between a murderer, rapist, kidnaper, or robber that's threatening to take your wife, kids, and almost everything you own away from you, from ass-holes like Wendell. To top that off, you have your wife as an accomplice to the crime, stabbing you in the back, and then stands there and laughs at you as you die. Wendell and the cheating whore wife fit the profile of a die-hard Republican, who don't care who they hurt, who they screw over, or who they rip-off. Just so they can have a good time and make a buck at it. Then they think they can run to their make-believe God, and ask forgiveness for being a corrupt, sleazy low-life piece of shit. But sorry to rain on your parade of ignorance, but their isn't any God no matter what religion you belong to and you're still a sleazy low-life piece of shit. After reading some of your other stories, I'd have to say that it looks like you're really a woman, instead of a man, like it say's in your biography.

nedslapnedslapabout 9 years ago
One of your best

It was a realistic situation where they were able to work things out. Great story.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 9 years ago
OK

After all, most cases of adultery do end in reconciliation. This was a clever guy making that happen. Good concept. Worked because you didn't describe what the lovers did or even said that would hurt the protagonist. An aside, counselors recommend that the cheater explain everything, answer all their spouse's questions, get it all out there. Protagonist here avoided knowing, maybe buried his anger instead of dealing with it. Oh, by the way, PT Barnum coined the sucker born every minute comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I liked it

I enjoyed that. I thought it was very well written. Of course it was a bit light on erotica. ...but I read till the end.

looking4itlooking4itabout 9 years ago

There is wordy and then the is re-rehashing the same thought, memories or ideas. The first brings depth, understanding and character development, the second is simply annoying. This was an example of contemplating the same thing too many times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Main character

I found Steve to be very off-putting. He said all the right stuff but you never showed him to actually feel anything. For me this left him as a very cold and calculating character and not one I could feel anything for.

Good story, but the characters need to be fleshed out. Find a way to show the emotions they are going through, as that has to be one of if not the main points of a story based on adultery.

Thanks,

Tor

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 9 years ago
Sounds pretty real!

My least favorite Carvohi tale to date! Why? Because the story was mostly real ... that would be my guess! Reporting history seems to interfere with good story development - the truth demands to be included, even when it is illogical or was counter-productive. If an author is writing fiction, he or she can generate an imaginative idea consistent with the story track.

Case in point - the paired cakes. Would you really, during a call to your fuck-buddy, mention a cake your spouse brought home (or ANYthing your. spouse had done which was the least bit nice or positive?) Most of the subtle wake-up messages were in the same vein. Risky and easy to misconstrue, or even to just 'not get!'

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Wow, I really liked this

Which surprises the hell out of me because if I were Steve, Delly would be dead or permanently disabled. But this works because your Steve is a very clever fellow who knows his wife inside out; and Myra was truely repentant. The problem with most reconciliation stories is they're just unbelievable. How can you forgive and trust someone who has just ripped your heart out? I mean they had to be completely self-centered and devoid of character to commit adultery in the first place. But your use of the post-nuptial, freely accepted opened the door for trust and forgiveness. Well done!

kelchakelchaabout 9 years ago
Five Stars

Wow. I think this story was written by a mature adult. And one with some smarts and a heart.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Are you mad (insane, not angry)? There is little wonder that the British Empire collapsed. An ethically bankrupt people.

Why are all your characters wimp cuckolds? Typical brit writer.

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
Hey thanks so far...

Gee a lot of comments already. Great! Thanks!

Most of the complaints come from the anons, too bad...can't really respond, but...

To the anons:

1.Retaliation against Dell hurts Allyson too.

2. 'Friendly' doesn't mean being friends. Allyson was a friend, Dell was...s#@t.

3. Disrespect. Myra did disrespect Steve, woefully so. She assumed too much from the start. She underestimated him, but she did have brains enough to choose and marry him.

4. About 'pay back'. It's not an American trait. Think of the American Civil War. All Civil Wars have ended the same way but one. The winner exterminates the losers. What happened to RE Lee, Jeff Davis, JB Hood, et. al. Excepting for a few months for Davis they went home, well not Lee precisely. The only man executed after the CW was because of Andersonville. End of WW2 we rebuilt Japan and Germany.

5. Am I wordy? I am wordy. You know. Why bother to read?

6. To the anon who hates all Republicans and is an atheist. I am a Democrat, but TR was our second greatest president, Lincoln comes in third. Ike didn't do so bad. There are good Republicans and bad Democrats. Some are just assholes like Oren Hatch.

7. About God; He's here, he's real. You're either in or you're not. Read John Calvin.

To chilly 'Liked the smoking analogy. You'll see that again...

To Sugna The jewelry...I wished I had thought of that. If I had it would have been in there for both Allyson and Myra...a nice brooch, a pendant , a locket with pictures of the kids maybe?

To Harry Thank you.

Jedd Clampett

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 9 years ago
I actually think they'll make it!

I don't know if I'd have made the same decision Steve did -- that even after she cheated, he'd rather live with Myra than without her. But it's his decision. He then figured out a clever and unusual way to make it happen, while keeping his sons in the clear and as a bonus, helping Allyson get back on her feet, too. I think he even scared Myra straight. It's nice to read a reconciliation story after which I actually think the couple will survive long term.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
IS THIS TROUBLE ??

Oh no ! When a writer outside of history or military non- fiction quotes Nathan B. Forrest that is usually a bad indication . A racist and successful leader for the south, during the civil war.

Carvohi writing a LW story on an erotic site . Hmmm I wonder where he's going with this ??

On to the story......

AMerryMan

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 9 years ago
Wonderful story!

The best in a while. Steve may not have had a plan in the beginning , but he looked at the situation and reassessed his course of action as needed. That is very realistic! Many stories have a master plan that is carried out meticulously. Life doesn't happen that way. I believe the affair was short lived (between Memorial day and 4th of July). A lot of damage was done but she stopped the affair herself and tried to revert back to being a loving wife. The reconciliation was warranted.

The writing was superb! The pacing and length were great. I loved the reminder of the biggest cuck in the country, General Betrayus' sluts' husband. Wow imagine being that guy! Thank you for writing and sharing. * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
3*s

Good read . You earned your 3*s .

I presume you , carvohi , mean to campaign and maneuver like a general . When you reconcile with a cheating spouse .

Okay I understand your point . Unfortunately ,your N. B. Forrest would have shot Myra and got himself a new wife !! Ha ha...

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story, 5 stars. your protagonist has escaped being a wimp...

...but just for my sake, an addendum to both the story and the post-nuptual agreement...

She promises to never do it again, and so does he, after he puts a farewell shot across Allyson's bow. Maybe Allyson also had another little one.

As for Myra, she better learn more than sucking a little bit of cock, especially considering she learnt how with her asshole bf, but there are other tricks a dog can do for the Master.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiabout 9 years ago
Fine story you´ve presented here...

...I don´t know if I´d have had the same patience and determination Steve had shown.

Okay, I thought a period of 8 months a bit long to go through a plan; but I really loved the idea behind it all. Fairly unusual plot, very decently developed characters...I gave this one 5+*. Thanks for writing it and thanks for spending the pleasure of being able to read it.

(F#*!ingt auto-pager always kills my apostrophe )

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 9 years ago
Very Nicely Done

I'm a sucker for a happy ending and I enjoyed the strategy. Perhaps slightly too sweet but not everything has to be gritty reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
WTF

I didn't like it. Though the writing was good and forgiveness is divine and all that she changed in the story. First Myra was a great wife, then no respect and cheating and then back to a great wife. Can you forgive without evening the score? Is it really forgiving if you have to? Yes, tho' just a story he should have really done the deed with Allyson. It would bring more respect from Myra. With respect there is an element of fear or appreciation. Myra had neither. A solid 3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I didn't like it much.

He loves his wife so much that he...what...what does he do when he realizes she's cheating? Nothing. Not really. He calmly goes over and talks to the other guy's wife? Where's the anger, the hurt and pain? Where's the emotion? Nothing!

No, I'm sorry. I don't buy it. He figures she's been cheating for a month and without shedding a tear, comes up with a plan that he hopes will work. The more I explain why I didn't like this story, the more I don't like it.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineabout 9 years ago
Another good one

5*

Thank you for this story Carvohi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I gave this 5 stars...

... I wish I could award it more. An excellent read, the characters were fleshed out and their reactions both realistic and measured. In the end they came back together the only way possible, with tears and love. Panther Fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
3 stars

needs revenge, as in steve and ally both going away for a weekend several

times, separately, but letting their spouses really stronglly believe they spend the weekends together at a luxury resort, on dell's credit cards.

with a lot of Victoria's secret garments being found by dell and myra.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Clever, kept them together, but never righted the wrong.....

...her tears and histrionics are neither confession, nor revelation, no guarantee, no promise. It think both marriages are still in crisis and at risk.

Renewing vows is often done when people want to remind themselves and each other of the commitments and promises they made at the alter.....and sometimes, because one or the other strayed and they're trying to start fresh.

Not much else to say. Just that while I'm glad he was clever enough to Team up with Allyson and together they saved both marriages, I also think both are entitled to some recompense. I'm at a loss as to what it should be, but I can say that having Dell and Myra watch us fuck (filmed) comes to mind. I get it, they each love their spouses and don't want any more damage done. They've also been wronged at the deepest level of human interaction and their universe is out of balance.

So I ask you....what balancing actions could take place to clear things up for both?

Naturally, it would be at the expense of the cheaters.

Hm-mmm. I'm drawing a blank here.

In my case, I forgave her and we moved on.....but I've never regained the trust we once had and ours has been a difficult marriage.

We're empty nesters now, she's recovering from cancer and I'm waiting and hoping for a day to come when I can disappear and retire in Brazil.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great story

I particularly liked the "shoot-out at the OK pool". Steve did show Myra he had more compassion and common sense than "Dell", and a little bit of country boy left in him. Steve came out a hero, having saved 2 marriages and 4 children's lives, and in this day and age that is no small achievement. Good work!

P. S. I like your style, carvohi.

The DJ

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
To the 'pay back' and the 'vengeance seeking'.

Several comments, often anonymous and unfortunately individually unanswerable, want some kind of 'get even'.

Why? What possible constructive outcome would come of it? The answer is in a dozen stories; the late great Josephus comes to mind. The best vengeance, the best 'pay back', is in the life well led. So Steve and Myra reconcile, and everyday for the next twenty or thirty years Steve continues to be the caring, loving, compassionate, tender, attentive husband and father. If Myra is the woman Steve married, the wonderful wife and mother he believes in then her 'one month', 'personally aborted' tryst with the 'office bore' (boor?) will always be a quiet reminder to her of what she has and almost lost. If she's the woman he's betting on she'll rise to the occasion.

And you can't say oh no she won't, or 'once a cheater always a cheater'. Remember she ended the infidelity herself. She went to Steve when he and Allyson were at the lake. Myra came clean on her own, not because she thought she was caught, but because she understood, finally, what was on the line. (I'll add this; it's my story. Myra is a friend of mine. I know she won't because I made her that way.)

My wife and I were in Africa, and tragically saw an elephant run down and crush a person (a native). The elephant killed the hell out of that person, smooshed him into the dirt, and walked away. The damn thing walked about a hundred feet, turned around, ran back, and stomped the already pulverized body again. And to what purpose except anger and vengeance. Crap the guy was already dead. In my story Myra was already at Steve's mercy. What good would it serve to humiliate the woman he intends to love and grow old with. It was done; time to move on. They've got two boys to raise. They might want a little girl to go with them now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well done

I don't normally make it through 5 pages, but you write well and I thought that I would make an exception.

A much better read than some of the stories posted here.

Hey, for once, an anonymous comment that is not vitriolic.

You never know ....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
WIMP

Myra thinks of Wendell everytime she fucks Steve,the Wimp

jimh67jimh67about 9 years ago
Myra would not have put up with Steve's crap

In the beginning of the story the author goes out of his way to paint Myra as dominant and controlling while Steve is shown to be submissive. I'm talking personality traits and the dynamics of the relationship not sexual fetishes. That Myra never would have allowed Steve to throw Allison in her face. She would have ripped him a new one and he'd have to squeak out, "But you started it!" like a little kid. She'd deny it and demand proof. He doesn't have any and he'd shrink down to a little mouse and end up apologizing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

good plot development. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
RAAC with a WACC

Not a wimp? Of course the hubby is. Wifey can get fucked by just about anybody she wants but poor wimp hubby can't get into Allyson's pants. Ridiculous story.

1.Retaliation against Dell hurts Allyson too.

So? Frankly Allyson would be nuts to stay with Dell - a serial cheater... like an addict he will just learn to hide the affair better.

3. Disrespect. Myra did disrespect Steve, woefully so. She assumed too much from the start. She underestimated him, but she did have brains enough to choose and marry him.

Naw... That wasn't it. She figured she could just always get away with it because hubby was a clueless wimp. And so she did get away with it. And like Dell she will just be extra careful to hide it. But why ever stick his wick in her diseased cunt again? Move on. Frankly if he had any balls he'd fuck one of the hot new teachers. But he's ball less so that wouldn't be a possibility.

4. About 'pay back'. It's not an American trait.

HA ha ha ha.... Tell that to the Hatfields and McCoys. Ever watch Mel Gibdon in "Payback"? Good flick... Burn the Bastards. And of course neither of the cheaters wants to be cheated on. They are entitled to cheat and be forgiven but God forbid if the betrayed spouces have a little fun on the side too. They just couldn't stand for that.

5. Am I wordy? I am wordy. You know. Why bother to read?

Crisp stories are better than pointless extraneous blather.

6. To the anon who hates all Republicans and is an atheist. I am a Democrat,

Well that certainly explains the wimp RAAC stories...

"but TR was our second greatest president,"

No TR was a lousy president, but not as lousy as all the Democrats that followed him. Wilson - locking up thousands that objected to us getting into WWI, Fucking Delano Roosevelt - that started the whole mess with "entitlements" that will bankrupt us as well as running concentration camps for our Japanese American citizens - leaving them destitute, Kennedy that blew the chance to free Cuba from the delightful Castro brothers by aborting the bay of pigs then later nearly starting a nuclear war, Carter second worst president ever, that fucked up the whole middle east resulting in what it is today with Iran going nuclear, then the Saudis, then Egpyt. Really great those Dems.. Not to mention the current traitor and criminal in the white house... Who fucked up with Lybia, Syria, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Tunsia, Egypt... Not to mention Russia, China and North Korea. (which of course was Truman's mess). I won't even start on his domestic crimes.

"There are good Republicans and bad Democrats. "

Naw they are all bad. If you haven't realized both parties totally suck and government is never good, its always bad, then you're a brain dead moron. here is a simple test though. What government service, since government doesn't produce anything it only has services to sell -- what service would you voluntarily take money out of your wallet to purchase? Government is brute force, coercion. You don't get a choice, say government schools. If nobody paid taxes to fund terrible public schools, if ever body bought education for their kids from private schools everyone would get a better education for their children. You don't get your family's food from the "public grocery store". Why would you get your kid's education from the government school?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

A good story as usual buthe was way to easy about what she had done. He took her back with just a little psychology warfare making her think he was cheating with the guys wife. I just don't think I could have known and being around him with his family without doing something. She had no respect for him and that guy was trying to put him down on top of being fucking his wife. It doesn't have to be extreme but the cheaters need to pay a little not just some silly head game.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I liked it

Congrats. Good story. Four out of five. Well written. Strong characters. I liked the way the male character thought things through, rejected some curses of action and decided on others. He kept the morale high ground by not having an affair with Allyson. I would have like a little more emotion out of him. He said he was hurt but I never saw him being hurt, except for that initial realization at the picnic. I would have like to have seen the wife struggle a bit more with wondering and then slowly realizing her husband knew what was going on. But overall it was a good story; right up there with Ohio, Jezzazz, QHML1 and DanielCSteele which are my favourites. Don't worry about the BTB fans who are reconciliation haters. This story is not for them.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
Pretty Good

I really enjoyed it. I really can't find any faults in the plot or consistencies in the behavior of the characters. It's all pretty plausible but Steve would have to be some kind of master over his emotions to implement this long term plan with such poise. In my book that doesn't make him a wimp but just the opposite. Any guy can beat on another guy or a woman except Rhonda "Rowdy" Rousey, (Now, that's my kind of woman), I consider them the wimp. People that can't handle emotional pain like sadness, anxiety, fear or embarrassment will sometimes turn that emotion to anger because it makes them feel like they're more in control and in some cases take it out on somebody weaker than themselves. Nowadays the term we use for that is "Bully or Bullying". In the mental health field it's known as a symptom of insecurity. They may also avoid or run away from the situation when confronted with those emotions. I consider them to be emotionally impaired not a Real Man. Sorry, about the behavioral diatribe. I get a little carried away when I read people's misconceptions or narrow views on human behavior. Again, excellent story, I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you

OnethirdOnethirdabout 9 years ago
Different

Another excellent story by Carhovi. Would I be able to be as cool and collected as this cuckold? No. But, he saved his marriage and didn't blow up like most Loving wives stories do. Fiction, but an optimistic one that has a nice ending.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
Did he get his

"Myra', the spunky happy go lucky 'real' woman I fell in love with." back?

nope, not a chance.

That Myra is gone forever, never to return. You can't un-chew the gum.

And to her he will always be teacher boy.

He is a delusional dreamer.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 9 years ago
Exellent

Loved it,funny and well written

4 well earned stars :)

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
Good Story

A different but very good ending. It doesn't always have to be RAAC or BTB. There are other options and this was a good one.

The only problem I have is that can we PLEASE get past that tired old phrase "I love you more than my life!" Firstly, I doubt that is always true and secondly, how can someone who just disrespected, cheated on, and violated the necessary trust of a marriage or been on the receiving side, possibly say that with a straight face and mean it?

HmunsterHmunsterabout 9 years ago
No Real Reconciliation

You're a really talented writer and I generally enjoy your stories. This was no exception, but at the end, something was bugging me. I think it was rushed (which is pretty funny for a long Carvohi story). Myra wasn't remorseful over the cheating or the way she treated and disrespected her husband. She was simply scared that he'd leave her and she panicked when faced with the consequences of her actions. One tear-filled confession does not a marriage make. Myra did not express why what she did was wrong. Also, I'm surprised no sexual harassment suit was filed. True, Allyson may have been hurt as a consequence, which you stated he didn't want, but I can't see anyone just letting things go without any action taken.

Look, it's not the fact that there was a reconciliation that bothers me, I just don't feel it was justified beyond the kids (admittedly a very big factor). He also seemed pretty blasé about the affair. Sure he had his whole sting operation, but most men would be devastated, hurt, angry, depressed, etc. He was none of those things, so I didn't get the sense he really loved his wife via his feelings / actions, other than the fact that he said so.

Having said all that, please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Like it...

...but didn't love it. Myra is a cheating whore/wife and never to be trusted again. A cheater as we all know, is always a cheater. Whether they cheat again or not. A cheater causes another cock to always be between them and their mate. Who is she thinking about when your making love to her? Not you, I can guarantee it.

"Myra pretended not to care, but I knew better. I know my Myra."

No, you don't know 'your Myra'. She cheated, spread her legs and let a lover make her respond. He got to see her pussy, her tits, see her respond and cum for him. Something that only a mate should see. Myra should be drowned in a bathtub.

My girlfriend cheated on me. She swore it would never happen again, it was with her ex boyfriend who was the one who popped her cherry. I caught them, chased him from our house at gunpoint and forgave her. That lasted 2 years. Then I found her straddling his cock in the front passenger seat of his '66 Camaro and running her cunt up and down it.

When she got home, she found all her stuff outside. Everything. I never opened the door and we never talked after that. After about 6 weeks when I refused to talk with her, she moved in with him and they married. Our town is small and everytime I saw her on the street, whether she was alone or with her boyfriend/husband, I called her a cheating whore. He disagreed with me only the first time, I got out of jail before he got out of the hospital. They had 2 kids and then he cheated on her and moved away with his new girlfriend.

After that, anytime I saw her, I called her a dumbfuck cheater whore. No matter where it was I saw her or who she was with. Her dad found out he wasn't up to defending her either.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THIS COULD BE A COUGAR SONG SPIN OFF

reference those kids growing up in the heartland. TK U MLJ LV NV

Pappy7Pappy7almost 9 years ago
Re-read the story and got more out of it, I think,

this time around. Missed the part about the Wagon Wheel. I had thought from the way he knew the name that it had a reputation. I know in my other comment that I mentioned how if she didn't respect his chosen profession that she shouldn't have married him. And I talked about how the pay compared between a legal secretary and a paralegal and a school principal. I knew a legal secretary many, many years ago that was thinking about becoming a paralegal until she found out that she already made more money than all the paralegals in the firm. So, she did make more money from the beginning than a teacher. I still stand by my premise that she didn't respect him and that led to her attitude and to her infidelity. Hanging around a bunch of arrogant people can affect the way you think. Lawyers are arrogant and somewhat abrasive people, but isn't that what you want in a lawyer you hire.

Steve handled the situation the best that he could and children do influence the outcome in situations like that. I did like the precision with which he executed his plan, masterful. It would have been hard for me to get over what she did, not sure I could have, but since Myrna learned her lesson, this straight from the author and she is his character, maybe with a lot of effort Steve won't be sorry for what he did. I do really like your writing and the way you pull us into the stories. Maybe why you get some negative comments, people tend to relate to your characters and some of them aren't good people to relate to. Damn real life and real seeming people. Good job and thanks for the heads up.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THERE COULD BE A DOWNSIDE IN THE TURNED WORM.

he sticks his head out for another bite and a hole to enter. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Yeah, a wimp. And, she will cheat again.

Have to be brain dead not to see this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
In real life

you can just about bet that she will be a lot more careful than she was the first time. She just has a lot more to lose now. It would be great to believe she wouldn't do it again, but cheaters get addicted to the dirtiness and the excitement of the affair. One problem is, she will be staying home now, so she will have a lot more time on her hands and will get bored. Call me a skeptic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous