All Comments on 'A Small Indiscretion Ch. 01'

by alex_lover

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
maninconnmaninconnabout 9 years ago
Great start

Write on! I'm anxious for ch. 2.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 9 years ago
Good start

Like to see how it continues...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good start

good start I just hope the wife doesn't go on a friend fucking rampage that he can't accept and they both end up divorced and miserable. good luck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
dinner?

Susan says they met and had dinner together....the only thing they ate was each other.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Very nice start.

Is this a Brit author? Who is writing a story set in the USA? Let's see how it proceeds. The author did not explain the look(s) Dave saw on Susan's face. Made me wonder if wifey had set this up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Depressing

Totally depressing and lacking any eroticism.

Just keep these to yourself in future.

Richie4110Richie4110about 9 years ago
Loved the setup

I agree with an earlier comment that this has the feel of a set up. If so, then it has so many possibilities for both of them.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 9 years ago
Welcome back

It's good to see you in print again.

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 9 years ago
Set up

I knew it when Susan convinced him to confess.

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 9 years ago
Either a setup or huge maguffin

this first chapter was very heavily involved in Dave's business project and his partners. Unless alex_lover just gave all that detail for little reason, it must have to do with the broader story and that really suggests that Susan was setting him up (and she drugged him for sure - I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even have sex).

javmor79javmor79about 9 years ago
Wow.

I like the realistic feel of this story. How many times has this happened to a spouse? A drunken incident that has lasting repercussions. I am curious to see how many BTB commenters will jump to the defense of the husband who had a one time lapse in judgement.

Concritic123Concritic123about 9 years ago
I'm a BTB story lover.....

I won't defend the husband. What he did is completely wrong on all levels. The ball is in Sherrys court. She can kick him to the curb and take him to the cleaners as would be her right. She can forgive him for the sake of her child. The trust is gone though. He killed it. All by himself. Being drunk is no excuse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great start ,

Yea I see a sit up here ,not sure if wife in on it but for sure sue. Iknow one thing a std ck. Will show the drugs in his system as long as he gets to the dr. In36hrs he will know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
please

Non erotic stories like this should be posted in the non erotic site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
loving wife and this is in the right

category!! Gave it a 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Interesting start, lots to resolve

Guy meets woman and sleeps with her (setup?)

Woman tells guy to tell his wife (why based on her actions she is a hunter?)

Woman has guy's cell number (how?)

Wife already knew woman's name (how?)

Woman calls guy to talk to wife (seriously?)

Wife calmly accepts call (?!)

Woman notes they should meet as foursome w/ womans husband (?!?!)

Wife way way too calm and yet still kicks guy out (?!?!?!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The case for RAAC??

A one time indiscretion MAY be something a long time married couple can get past.

However, IT IS ALWAYS MEASURED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS!

As of yet, the reader still doesn't have ALL of the info needed to make a fair judgement. Of course, this is still just chapter one. It DID seem obvious that there was more to this set-up, than just a basic one time lapse in self-control. I'm sure the author will connect more of the dots for us later, in chapter 2.

The success of this story will remain in how AL chooses to handle the players. Everyone involved needs to learn a lesson, and change a behavior. Identifying the abberition is just one step, preventing it from ever happening again is the main thing.

Even if Sherry "over-reacts", if she is brought along to learn something, and they can become stronger, better, wiser....then the RAAC will work.

BUT......

If this only becomes a goose and gander cliche, and guilt keeps Dave powerless, then this story will fail.

That said, THE BIGGEST thing, is to avoid ANY hint that it is OK for a guy to cheat, but not OK for her. Of course, it isn't OK for either one! The irony of her being more forgiving than him when the situation is reversed is just too predictable of a cliche. Garnering sympathy for your narrator, IS a strong literary device, but he has to TOTALLY acknowledge his wrong doing. See, as it stands for this setup, I read where he had SEVERAL opportunities to avoid the temptation, and prevent the cheating. Whatever the factors, he FAILED! Baiting hypocracy in BTB readers is a poor motivation for storytelling. I think MOST BTB'rs would NOT sympathize with your narrator. Most WOULD say that SHE has every right to be upset, and end the marriage over this. He REALLY should have known better. BUT, if she CLAIMS that opening up the marriage for HER is the only way to save the marriage (the ubiquitous paybeck is hell scheme), then she will learn that it really was HER actions over his that put the final nail in the coffin. Again, in this result, BTB'rs will be proven "right", that ANY cheating can and will destroy the relationship, and that RAAC is unrealistic, and a waste of effort.

Frankly, I hope that she is SMARTER than the average LW wife, and when she says she wants to save the marriage, she actually means it, and they find a way to, together. Those are the best RAAC stories. But a story that tries to justify cheating, for EITHER spouse, will dissapoint MORE than just the BTB crowd. Anybody reading this category for any length of time will see through any vieled attempts to excuse betrayal. And as we all know, Betrayal knows no gender limitations.

But like others, so far the strength of this story is coming right out and owning up to the mistakes. He seems ready to accept the consequences. But we ALL will have to wait for the next chapter to see if the consequences are enough to repair the damage, or if the scenario is just too convaluded to bring any sense of order back from the chaos. Yes, we will see.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5*****

Very good start.

Duna

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Quit reading when he started to dance.

Here's a man, with his friends and no one says anything about his actions? Not too mention, not once does he question what's going on? Not once does he ever think something fishy is happening? He's a man who's had his share of female attention and he's always shrugged it off but this time he gives in?

And when he comes to, you don't get the sense of guilt, but simply shrugging it off and ignoring it....especially since his wife told him that he was going to get laid. Not even an ounce of shock when he woke up and remberes his wife was going to fuck his brains out.

Too calm, too collected and yet, completely oblivious that it was a set up, and I quit reading and I saw it coming.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 9 years ago
TBD

I will withhold my rating, i.e. To Be Determined (at least until after Ch2)! The meeting is obviously a set-up. "Leave the drapes open!"??? Also obvious is that it is NOT blackmail-motivated ... at least not personal blackmail.

ANON 'please'. - There IS a loving wife (Susan), plus clear seduction and sex. Category is fine (AND a series should IMHO be posted in the category which best reflects the entire series, NOT determined chapter by chapter!)

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 9 years ago
Epic fail.

My wife wanted to have a special night for us and she went all out. I parked with work friends and missed out. When I woke up from my druken stupor, I was horrified because I knew how pissed she was going to be.

I was right. Even though I hadn't cheated on her, I panicked when I saw the time and it took weeks to get out of the doghouse...you don't get the same sense from him. You suspect he would have the same reaction to getting a hole in his sock.

Also, it was obviously a setup but at no time did any of his "friends" so much as look at him crossways or eve ask to be introduced to his companion...why the fuck was that? It didn't make sense. Also, why didn't his wife call or at least text him asking where the fuck he was since she was clearly in the mood to fuck and as every married couple with kids knows: When the wife wants to get lucky, you had BETTER fucking show up because its not likely to happen for a while!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Too obvious a setup

That's for starters. Unless you are going to go down the "he was drugged" route, I simply don't believe a man of his character (the character you gave him) falls into Susan's trap. Where were the other three team members while this seduction was going on? They just ignored Susan? And why would he give Susan his mobile phone number? That REALLY made no sense. One other point. A commercial mall would be a much more profitable project than a housing project. Too many agencies and requirements in the housing project to make for decent profits. I hope that Sherry divorces his cheating ass. He'll get every other weekend with his kid, plus several weeks in the summer and alternating holidays and birthdays. That's enough for him. Then he can do one of two things. Really devote himself to his job and rise up the ranks OR when Sherry turns into a stone cold bitch during the divorce he can simply take as many of the liquid assets as he can lay his hands on and move far, far away. Let Sherry try to pay for everything on her salary. Of course she can't because her salary is tiny. So she will have to sell the house and her fancy car and move in with her parents. Nice life for her and DJ. He, on the other hand, could get a really good job in another Country, not pay a nickel of child support or alimony and move on with his life. Some fun now! This story is a train wreck looking for a place to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The biggest hurdle will be to make this compelling and unique.

The whole setup-fuck has been well illustrated in many previous stories, with varying consequences. So how will you make this version original and still believable? Since many readers already have several scenarios in mind, I suggest how you construct the plot and the characters is more important than the actual plot. It does not matter if he has been setup by a coworker, setup by a competing company or interest, or if he has been setup by his wife! Yeah, that scenario has real possibilities. You make it read like he could hear the phone conversation between his wife and his femme fatale, which means the dialogue could have been staged. Seems extremely coincidental that Susan calls at the exact moment Sherri and Dave are discussing his infidelity. But again, that is one of many plots that have been written before. How you play this plot will determine the quality of the final story.

Rating withheld until I can judge the whole effort. So far very good. I suspect yours will be the top new story on LW for as long as it takes you to complete it. Thank You.

P.S. You make Dave a wimpy cuck and I will hunt you down. Just kidding, but it would be really disappointing. It would also ruin a very promising work.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Cheating is bad, done by the husband or the wife...

Cheating is bad, done by the husband or the wife...let's see how this will go...But I agree with one of the comments: He was drugged in his last drink...why? that's what we are going to find in the next part or parts...3* for now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A lot said about a set up

But sherry acted normally before his confession. So what is the game plain Susan wants something ? Hard to fiqure at this point. And his confession that's another story. Someone had sex with Susan. . Waiting for more info from the author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I see You post 3to 5days between chapters

Since you spread out your chapters , I wish we could get one every day.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
****

When the little head does the thinking, it's always blamed on the booze. I concur with the others who think it is a drugged set-up. It will be interesting to read what transpires. Cheers!

MrfixitforyouMrfixitforyouabout 9 years ago
Jumping to conclusions

First of all. this guy does not remember having sex with a by all accounts really beautiful woman Not only beautiful but evil as well. Who has sex with a woman that hot and does not forget. I am going out on a limb and solve the puzzle,

The wives are fucking each other they have an affair and will make it look like they found solace in each other.

Or it could be this poor guy is in a three way set up, by his wife who will screw him over in the newspaper, that woman whom he did not fuck, her husband who is most likely cucking him Oh dont forget follow the money on this one, Lots of loose ends lots of opportunity for the big set up and oh yeah DJ is not his son.

He will end up with the secretary who will bust this case wide open

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Actually...

Susan is a hooker hired by his competitors to ruin him, all the while that competitor is fucking Sherry behind his back.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 9 years ago
Assuming

The phone call between the one night stand and the wife was real, that rules out a wifely deception with help. With all the verbiage about the business and his partners, a conspiracy using Susan to distract (or blackmail?) our hero seems possible. Sherry's reaction does still bring doubt to her veracity. Looking forward to more.

h4751h4751about 9 years ago
Temper

Sherry's Irish temper doesn't seem real enough. Susan is a plant - either by Sherry or competitive firm (or secretary?). It'll be interesting to find out which. The secretary will win out in the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
You gonna write an ending

this time?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Yeah

I agree with some commenters that this is a set-up. Whether the wife was in on it I'm not sure but this is a great start. Please continue...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Real As It Gets

I hope this isn't a set up. I would be great to see a man face his poor boundaries, easily dropped morals, and "need" for attention and deal with it. Whether the marriage survives or not, watching a person face their demons head on would make a great story, IMHO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great start

fromone of my favorite authors, i just wish he'd add another chapter for Revelations ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I don't think she's a plant but I hope this doesn't go in the direction of her fucking one of his coworkers or friends. That would be typical , maybe just the up and down of dealing with a cheating partner

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 9 years ago
Good question..

Revelations....why did you not finish this. PLEASE...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
3*s

This has been done before by better writers than Alex_lover. A reputation for strong start and weak endings bodes ill for the story.

Unfortunately I suspect that " A Small Indiscretion " has reached it's best chapter and will go downhill as more are posted. I hope I'm mistaken . Gave you 3*s because you need it, lol.

AMerryMan

P.S. Revelation Ch. 1 is the best thing posted by Alex_Lover .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
boring

boring as hell it's got no room to grow, give it up mate, start a new story and don't fence yourself in!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
SO dang boring

This is not a soap opera -- it's a web site for sex stories. zzzzzzzz

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 9 years ago
how did the wife KNOW the other womans name was SUSAN..?

go back and re-read the conversation BEFORE the phone call. The husband never got around to saying the name of the other woman... Yet the wife knew....

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Can see where this is going

Dave's drink was drugged. The "partner" who "Susan" had sex with was some other guy, and they did got it on next to the unconscious Dave so that Dave would wake up the next morning beside a cum soaked woman. And of course, "Susan" had to call to apologize to Dave's wife...just in case he didn't go home and confess his "indiscretion" to her.

And the "mishaps" Dave was there to deal with...they're sabotage.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
IS BEING STUPID TWICE, A CRIME

and then turn states evidence. TK U MLJ LV NV

wargameronewargameroneabout 9 years ago
Reading are fundamental

Harry, if you read the conversation prior to the phone call, the husband tells the entire incident, except for the details of what happened during sex. This literary device is used so we, the readers don't have to read the entire incident all over again. I do agree with previous comments. The drinks were drugged. He was setup. The wife is a victim also (?). I think it was someone on his team. Other than that, too little information until I read the next couple of chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I think its time to really discuss the mishap

Yes, I think its high time he sit with Sherry and discuss it. It does seem she knows Susan's name before he gave it to her. Too close for comfort. Smacks of setting him up if I ever saw a story like that. I think we will find out she want to even the score and get some of her own. Only problem is he will catch on and divorce will really be the answer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ignore the Anon comment written in higher casement 5* from me

The Anon writes in higher casement in illiterate prose, hardly someone capable of commenting on the quality of writing. Must be some sad bitterness there. This is well written compared to many efforts on this site so please continue and ignore the angry pathetic idiots.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Enjoyed this

A good chapter.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 8 years ago
hmmmmm

This all sounds a bit contrived. I'm guessing that the indiscretion was NOT a surprise to his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Story

I tend to agree with OhYessss - this sounds a bit contrived, like maybe Susan and Sherry planned the seduction. Most everyone hung-over wakes with a headache, but the description of Dave's drunkenness the prior evening and the pounding headache are also symptoms of date-rape drugs. I wouldn't trust the folks he's working with very far either, this could be something they set up. Possible plots and sub-plots...

Time will tell. Thanks for the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I like it.

Susan is going to be a wringer for a competing company or a politician.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sorry

But how anyone can call cheating, even if only one time a SMALL INDISCRETION IS BEYOND ME.

A lingering kiss under mistletoe is a small indiscretion.

Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

TRUE LIFE SERIAL CHEATING WIFE EXPOSED

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
He seemed drugged?

Something seems amiss.

ilimitadoilimitadoover 6 years ago
not up to par

other parts need to be a lot better

desertdog43desertdog43about 6 years ago
Anybody

Smell a rat ???

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Not right

Something ain't right. One of his guys is trying to pull something. On to part.two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Time to kick Sherry to the curb

It happened one time. He confessed. If she gets hysterical over that, there's no future.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

Obvious to anyone with s BRAIN that this is a set up

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

for some reason I think susan was a setup and that she may have something to do w/ our mc's competition. but his wife is going to rake him over the coals so he needs to get away, finish this mistake of a hi scrool kid romantic relationship and get ready to make more kids w/ a different cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

FYI chapter 5 is missing continue at own risk

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous