All Comments on 'Necromancer Chronicles Pt. 02'

by Magicwrtr

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
ms904191ms904191about 9 years ago
good one

Make sure the next one comes soon

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80about 9 years ago
demands

Hey Magic,

I love how some commenters like to make demands of the author. Anyway, been a fan of your work for quite a while now. I am looking forward to reading more of your story/stories whenever you decide to post them. Have a wonderful day and thank for many entertaining and enjoyable reads.

Ironsoldier

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 9 years ago
I thought about it

But I always considered necromancy a dead-end job.

Seriously, writing continues to improve. In fact, it's pretty terrific. Engaging story and likeable characters. Fun stuff. Wondering how changing the perspective will work. A lot of things working for it - male vs female, nephilim vs part demon, youth vs ancient, etc.

Eight pages translates to about ... what, ninety pages of story? Take your time on your next missive -- but not too much, you understand, right? 5*

And to those who don't like puns, the Egyptians (Kemer, alternately K'mer) considered puns the highest form of humor, and their civilization lasted thousands of years. A common visual pun was to have a mirror in the shape of an ankh; the word "ankh" means life, and to have an ankh-shaped mirror "reflecting back" images of the living was that same erudite grasp of hilarity. (I have raspberries, too, if anyone wants one.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent

It was, in short, an amazing read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story

Love the new story! Your characters are always interesting and well fleshed out, but these seem even richer than your usual high standard. Thanks so much for putting up such a fun story.

AmmononAmmononabout 9 years ago
Thank you

This is a good story. Thank you for your time and effort writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Another demand...lol

IronSoldier80 is right

If someone has an idea, let them take it in the direction they choose

Your concept is one that makes an unusual demand necessary though...

A series, not relegated to just Lit here

Time is a premium for everyone, but you could take this and develop a series in print with a good editor to keep you focused and a bevy of cronies who write professionally to help you develop story lines and new situations

It's a genre which has great possibilities because of untapped ideas for a new character that can develop into more than just the one aspect of battling the city council

Harry Dresden, Sookie, Rachel Morgan, Richard and Kahlan, all characters with unique abilities and perceptions dealing with the Supernatural

I see success in the future for a great new Novelist if you haven't already found it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This is great!

Can't wait to see more. This story has real potential!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Why wont anyone write a novel like these?

audovoiceaudovoiceabout 9 years ago
read, reread, reread read read read

Something about the story has good reread value. In my free time I have read it about 5 times now. Which is a bit odd I guess but I reread plenty of other things when I don't have something new I'd rather try reading. This is just one of those things that is nearly as fun reading the second time as it was the first. It is the first thing you have done that has that appeal for me.

Likable characters, with motivation, and lots of potential actions they could go do.

I kind of think Silas is already being controlled by some necromancer and is maybe angling to get his bond broken. Or maybe he is just that stupid but has backup in the form of some group of people trying to form a nation wide council. I have a feeling demons are going to get in on it and maybe even Vincent's parents will get in on it one side or another.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Pretty damn good.

A good story and would really like it if you keep it going.

sviveritosviveritoalmost 9 years ago
2nd on going pro with this

It is a great read with a new take on the monster among us fetish that Buffy and Vampire the Masquerade seemed to have started. I would love to see this as a book in the future.

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyover 8 years ago

You have an incredible flare for world creation. The settings you place your characters in seem complex and realistic -- at least as realistic as a fantasy setting can get. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

I love the plot complexity and the character development

BaddGrrlBaddGrrlalmost 8 years ago
Hmmm

When is Harry Dresden going to check in?

He'd have quite a bit to say about this kind of shenanigans in his city.

And Silas and his buddies wouldn't like one bit of it.

sviedsviedabout 7 years ago
Great action, intrigue, and otherwise

@BaddGrrl I love you. You just made a Dresden reference and you obviously have good taste in Literature ;-P

Any who, this is some really good stuff. I find myself very intrigued and following closely. For some reason, though, I find myself still unable to classify what kind of story this is for me. I guess we'll just find out. ☺

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
1*

Nobody cares about anise Jesus fucking Chris

Dry_opinionDry_opinionalmost 5 years ago
Not bad

Good read apart from non-Vincent chapters and mixing up magic with local politics.

Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

Amazing story, as usual, my friend. Hope to see more like this soon. :)

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 4 years ago
A little inconsistency.

Okay, so Anise is sitting in the council chambers when Vincent and Amy are there and she comes out with, "...Amy's aura was different as well, more powerful..." but she hadn't met Amy since before she was a vampire, so how would she know about her change? Or did I miss something?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great idea but

I have a really hard time telling if the main characters are male or female which is which and who's point of view it's at at any time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What is this? Are you trying just show that supernaturals act like normal people too? That’s 90% of the story. Let’s have lunch, let’s go dance or let’s screw. Hope this get better because for now it’s a big bore.

Kir3n0Kir3n0over 2 years ago

Just found this the other day as a random and I am digging the story. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading the rest of what is up and checking your other writings as well.

caveman21936caveman219369 months ago

Watch the homonyms:

taut (adj): tight, firm

taught (verb): did teach

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous