All Comments on 'A Wider Sky Ch. 09'

by TalyisBagley

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
To tell you the truth...

...I am rather lost in this story. But I like your style and your imagineering is a pleasure to behold. Though the actions and motivations of your characters do not make any sense to me.

However, I have noticed this before, that recently with the works being created by young women authors, I fail to comprehend what you all are trying to communicate.

I have been thinking about this phenomena for several weeks now. The tentative hypothesis I have come up with, is that this is a major generational gap.

I think, we have too many differences of knowledge and life experience. I am a heterosexual-vanilla male. A widower, at least forty years older then you.

Thinking back to when I was a kid, I now realize how incomprehensible it was for me, listening to my great-grandmother tell us stories about growing up on a scratch farm in the mountains of Tennessee.

A joke I like to use in my comments on this site is "Some of these stories and the comments by the infestation of analmousies, leave me feeling like an anthropologist among Martians!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
hooked

I have seemingly fallen in love with your characters, and I cannot wait to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I'm so hooked to this story it's sad

Hurry up and post chapter 10 please !!!! Lol

SynapsisSynapsisalmost 9 years ago
More substance

Even if you have to slow down things and combine chapters, that would be better than what we're currently getting. There's just no meat to these chapters. For instance, this one had a single conversation in which we learned one small piece of information. There have been a sum total of three people and two classes that have been described so far since Kiowa came to the university. Of the two classes, we know that she once listened to a Mozart song and she's had two tests in the other.

Basically, more events/situations need to happen to even call these chapters. Keep writing, but instead of stopping at 6,000 words, try shooting for 25,000.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTalyisBagley@TalyisBagley
347 Followers
New NEWS: June 2022 Working on getting published and finishing Book 3 of the Wider Sky Series. Website and socials to come. Old News: I just posted the first chapter of WEIGHT OF PENUMBRA the sequel to A WIDER SKY. OLD OLD NEWS: AUG 2012 - Still working on OTAP2 But I need ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES