All Comments on 'Trivial Pursuits Ch. 11'

by titania123

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
dennybrosedennybrosealmost 9 years ago

God I love this story.

DoctimeDoctimealmost 9 years ago

I love your story, but hate your pace. Frankly, I am getting a little bored. I would be happier if I was reading this in 2016 when he will finally get in her pants.

DoctimeDoctimealmost 9 years ago

Addendum! BTW is her bra off yet?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Actually...

Although pace is slightly maddening, I know it's going to make her surrender so much better. Also....it is "wary", not weary.

Great story!

AquarelaAquarelaalmost 9 years ago
fucking hate him

i hate to be patronize, I hate when people try to make me do things I don't like, and hate when people think that they know better than me, what I want or not.....I react very bad, my avertion is almost painful...and I can get if pushed to far very violent. First of all speaking as a lawyer that shit would have never hold in court...there are so many this that can be argued. i would had his ass so far up with a sexual arrasment, abuse of authority lawsuit, him and part of the firm as well...so fast that his eyes would still be rolling when is being served. Besides that I would say that I'm going to stop here and not further in this story any more with the chapters, because I find that she is not going to grow a backbone any time soon. This should be not consent instead of romance, just because he hasn't fucked her yet against her will doesn't make her willing. Rape is about control..this is mind rape and I dot like it. I congratulate you because I scream frustrated with her and my kid rushed to see If I was ok.....therefore your story is great cause I can feel it. Best regards you are a great writer. Aqua out!

WhatdidJanetdoWhatdidJanetdoalmost 9 years ago

Absolutely wonderful yet again. I love Denny!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Enjoying the story line

Don't get frustrated. Keep going. The story line is great and I look forward to each chapter. I love Denny and how patient he is. I am a sex abuse survivor and his patience reminds me of my husband's. Please don't stop!

inspector123inspector123almost 9 years ago
Love everything about this story .....

This story hits me on so many levels... Boalt versus Standford .... It takes place in the Bay Area and I lives in the Bay Area. BTW you describes the Bay Area very well you must be residing here currently. Beautiful heroine with a trouble childhood. How patience Denny is with Alessa. This is why you are one of my favorite authors on Lit!

alreadytakenalreadytakenalmost 9 years ago
The "Contract"

Just a note re: Aquarela's comment: please note that never is it mentioned that the contract is legally binding or enforceable. It's also never said that Denny would actually attempt to enforce the contract, likely because that would end any and all chance he has to be with her. The biggest consequence of non-compliance is the potential tarnish to Alessa's reputation because she signed a contract she didn't read. It's sloppy, and that's the point Denny makes. He explicitly states there are no sexual consequences, even though their conversation goes down a more *intimate* path.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
agree with Aqua

There is something off about Denny and I think Aqua has nailed it. He sounds dangerous and not very respectful of Alessa's boundaries. Forcing her to do something, even when it's not sexual, constitutes non-consent. I would probably caution I'm your readers to be aware of this fact. Especially when individuals who read in the romance section may have the dangerous tendency to believe this is what romantic love is about. When, in fact, this is the exact OPPOSITE. Romance does NOT involve non consensual touching. (I may even go so far as to say it rules out non consensual conversation.) This story may be a little misguided for the unwary.

Other than that, it is good writing. But I'm just not happy with Denny's character. There are plenty of other ways to open up to a damaged soul then forcing her to do something she is not comfortable with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
So sick of waiting

The paces sucks, the story is great i cant count the number of times i have checked to see if you have posted these week.Give us something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Long wait

I am trying to be patient because I really like where the story is going, but am dying. I feel like part of the reason is because you said new chapters would be coming out quickly, and they have. Up to this point. I can't wait any longer. I need this sex scene to happen

You really are a great writer, and as much as I complain I know I'll wait as long as it takes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Next chapter?

It's been 1 week, where is chapter12?

titania123titania123almost 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 12 update...

Man, have I spoiled you guys with frequent sumbissions! Ive gotten so many emails begging for the next chapter that one would think it has been two months :) Sorry the next chapter hasnt been posted yet...I have had a very busy week at work as well as being absorbed in writing chapter fourteen so I forgot to submit 12. I did submit it yesterday and it might be up tomorrow...but Im not sure yet. But as a token of my good will towards you wonderful readers, I submittèd chapter 13 as well :) but be forewarned they are the last chapters I have completed...you all have caught up to me. Good news is 14 is almost complete...so I should be abke to submit it within a week if my editor can do a quick turn around...but no promises.

Titania

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Coming soon?

Waiting for ch.12 for so long that it feels like month now..

I check for it every day more than five to ten times...

Please be quick..!!!!

titania123titania123almost 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 12 & 13 are available...

You should be able to access them now, since they are up. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Coercion and sexual harassment

He threatens her - her job, career, finances...unless she answers his personal questions? And then she trusts him? WTF? That's manipulation, coersion, and abuse.

magevmagevover 7 years ago
He crossed the line with the threats...

It is just too jarring - why on earth would he be so cruel to her??? I understand the idea of pushing outside of the comfort zone, but the way he tricked her and keeps threatening with that contract is just sleazy, he should have found a better approach. In her place, I would not trust him at all after all that...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I'll have to stop reading here.

This story is too stalkerish. He's tricked her and manipulated her, using his position at work, as her boss to get her where he wants her and now he's playing mind games with her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous