All Comments on 'The Accident'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 317 Comments
bearsladybearsladyalmost 9 years ago

What a wonderful way to spend a rainy Sunday morning. Perfect all the way. 5+ from me.

markellymarkellyalmost 9 years ago
Great Story.

Picked it up and just couldn’t put it down. Perfect in every sense. A damn good read and thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice!!

Well written. Brought a tear(or 2) to my eyes. Written like a Danielle Steele novel. Very nice. Keep up the GREAT work. :-)

DoctimeDoctimealmost 9 years ago
Welcome Back

I have been going through withdrawal. A nice romantic read. I would, however, have appreciated an update on the fish tank🎣

RPGerRPGeralmost 9 years ago
My GoTo Author does it again!

Once again you write a story that I can totally immerse in. It would never have fit in the flow, but I do wonder what he told Trudy.

thebuffalothebuffaloalmost 9 years ago

Bottom line.

Five Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent!

Very enjoyable story. I enjoy a story that comes together despite the trauma that Damon and Rebecca to the great ending for both. They will be protected for life even though from a less that sterling source.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
Superb story!

I have become a fan and look forward to reading more of your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Improbable . . .

but wholly delightful! A great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story!

Thank you for taking your time to write it. I've tried to write a few myself and know how much time it takes to write a good story. I completely enjoyed it. Looking forward to your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

Truly unusual and refreshing storyline Most enjoyable I've read in a while.

Thanks for your efforts and skill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
thank you

thoroughly enjoyed this one .. you have a new fan !! .. keep it up!!!

frazodfrazodalmost 9 years ago
Just WOW

Thank you. Don't comment much, but your writing is extraordinary. I was just reading a published mystery book, and your work is better than that.

I am really thrilled that you submit here. Once again, if you decide to publish for money, please let us know so I can support you financially.

DanceswithWargsDanceswithWargsalmost 9 years ago

Damn it all, Dreamcloud, you've done it again. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing such an enjoyable and entertaining tale.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
IF YOU ARE TRUTHFUL

shouldn't life catch up to you. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Yet another truly fine read

Dream Cloud you turn out fine stories full of twists and turns. Thanks for the entertainment.

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 9 years ago
You are the first writer...

I have ever 'favorite'd (is that a proper expression now?).

This story was about as close to perfect as imaginable. If you don't already write for a living, you may want to reconsider whether you may be missing your true calling. ...anf I do not say that lightly as I aspire to write some more myself. It seems that you already write far better than I am ever likely to.

I'm more than a tinge jealous, but will probably have to mollify my feelings of comparative inadequacy by enjoying your past and future offerings. I tip my hat to, sir.

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 9 years ago
You clearly understand something about....

Love - as both a concept, a feeling, and a practice.

I laughed out loud at your wedding scene, enjoying that part so much I re-read it 3 more times.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
Absolutely delightful

The fates were not to be denied. You made them real, and you made us care. 5 stars!

sarah111880sarah111880almost 9 years ago
awesome

Normally don't read 1st person accounts. But I loved this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Long winded, and making him clumsy too, just didn't add to the storyline IMO.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great plot and beautifully written

What a wonderful story. Please ignore the comment about long winded and making him clumsy too. The writer of that comment has no sense of humor or romance. I agree with the comment that if you're not writing for a living you should be. I couldn't stop reading until I reached the end. If you begin writing novels I see sleepless nights in my future. Please write more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I've really enjoyed every one of your stories, this included. However, I had trouble finishing this one.

While I understood her convoluted reasoning on some level, Rebecca leaving Damon when he needed her the most didn't sit right with me at all. I didn't like her character as much after that. I'm not sure how you could have handled it much differently in this story - perhaps having her nurse him back to health, make sure he's okay, and THEN leave?

It struck me like she'd failed a version of Sonny's car test in A Bronx Tale. Maybe it's just me.

I loved it up until then, and the discovery of her history was still very interesting afterwards. Thanks for all of the great stories.

Cog

pirate977pirate977almost 9 years ago
Loved every single word

this is the first story of yours i have read. I enjoyed every chapter, every word and iam really impressed with your style of writing. keep wrighting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Loved your writing

The way u described the characters their ways and everything

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 9 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
excellent

Of course as I've come to expect nothing less

ss1969

MadBrownMadBrownalmost 9 years ago
BRILLIANTLY ENDEARING!

Congrats on a job well done.

fefe428fefe428almost 9 years ago
entertaining

This was a very good very well written story. Very enjoyable!

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 9 years ago
A Very Entertaining Story

Nicely done, a very endearing story. I wonder if she cleaned the urine off those pregnancy tests before putting them on the kitchen counter. Thank you I enjoyed it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story But?

I very much enjoyed this well written tale of two lovers. One question that puzzles me, however, is why no one who cares about Rebecca has ever had her evaluated by specialists. The accidents, such as hitting his stopped vehicle, dropping the chicken or hitting the super market display with the shopping cart appeared to involve some possible lack of proper depth perception or maybe some neurological disturbance. If I was Damon, I would have her evaluated, especially before the baby is born.

happytechguyhappytechguyalmost 9 years ago

Very good story! I first read this on Lit app android. The story ended on page 200, just as Damon was groggy hearing a few words in the hospital. (somewhere on page 8 on this website). I kept looking for you to post the rest of the story... then found the rest of it here. I've sent app comments to the website, but have never heard back.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
Romantic and Funny

Great story! Put a smile on my face.

DreamCloudDreamCloudalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Great Story But?

Re: possible lack of proper depth perception.

Missed that - I don't have a plan when I write. Just some small portion of a plot. The story takes on a life of its own once it hits the page. Wish I would have thought of the depth perception. It would have melded well and added to the conclusion. This actually started as a full fledged - no holes barred - crime thriller. It changed when Rebecca mouthed "I'm sorry" at the accident. Suddenly I liked her. She went from a crime lord's bitch of wife to someone to love. Yeah - I'm a sucker.

I have two more stories started. 'The Hacker' will be finished first, then 'The Cotillion.' Yeah - I have no life.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 9 years ago
I liked this story alot

Just found you on literotica as an author and can not wait to read your other stories. 5*'s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful romantic Story

Hi, I'm Wieliczka (forgot to sign in). Great story. My only selfish comment is that could you break it into smaller chucks next time? (10 pages) Makes it easier to digest. Other than that, I appreciate the time and effort it takes. I understand how you can have a germ of an idea, and the characters in your head, and it has a life of its own from that point on. Great work.

gunmakergunmakeralmost 9 years ago

I've only been around here for a short while but I find your stories to be my favorites. You are a softy. I'm not sure I can imagine you writing a truly full on crime thriller as I think you tend to see the good in people. Old age will do that to some of us. Know that I'm looking forward to more of your stories. Well done.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
*****

It's after midnight and I'm too old for this shit. Once started, I couldn't keep from reading the whole freakin' thing. I don't read too many "romance" stories, but this one is the best. Really enjoyed it. ZZzzzz Oops! Sorry about that. Good plot, good writing, good story. Cheers!

Sid0604Sid0604almost 9 years ago
A Great Story...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Very easily worth 5 stars. Thank you for sharing it with us.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 9 years ago
Damn

You've made me late four work! 5 *

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well-written, but...

I'm romantic as the next guy (maybe more), but I have limits. Rebecca might be gorgeous, a great cook, amazing in bed... but all that baggage! Sorry, but NO woman is worth getting whacked by the syndicate, I don't care how hot she is. Damon should have let her stew in jail while he ran the other way and counted his blessings (remember, she tried to blackmail him at first!). I can only imagine the non-stop train wreck that household would be. Maybe not her fault, but you can't have a great marriage with great sex if you're dead. I guess that's why it's called fiction...

burningloveburninglovealmost 9 years ago
You Have the Knack! (to Write Great Stories)

I've enjoyed reading your Romance stories. Well written and kept my interest until the end! Bravo!

Damon's occupation brought back some vivid memories of my own career at IBM.

Well done!

Burninglove

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
an interesting assortment of characters

some troubled, some confused, some just plain evil, and a couple of pleasant, but insecure good people.

thanks for a good story

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
They'll do fine

As long as they replace everything breakable in the house with things that bounce off floors. He should also not stand too close to her while she's handling sharp things, and make sure there's a fire extinguisher in every room of the house.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
lifes little oops

some people try as they may seem to make messes. nice tale. there is a cable

they use to control a spring when it brakes. all springs brake sooner or later.

I guess he did not have the safety cable liked your tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Awesome.

Heart warming with a hint of excitement. Loved the story and the characters. You could have easily squeezed in a few more pages to expand the plot, but its also pretty damn good to leave the rest to imagination. Im looking forward to reading the rest of your works.

pagemasterpagemasteralmost 9 years ago
Fabulous!

I first read this on the Lit mobile app and the story stopped just after the lionfish stung him. I was devastated and came on the full site just to send you a note BEGGING you to finish it, but here, I found it finished. Wonderfully so! I think, at this point, I've read all of your stories and each one has been better than the last.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Absolutely fantastic!

Thanks a lot! I read this one and also Rehab! Both are great! I couldn't stop reading till the end. They have this good quality about them, a calming effect on the mind and soul. Again, thank you!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Wow!

What a delightful story! I really enjoyed reading it and plan to read it again in a few months.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 9 years ago
Yeah.

Truly a great story. Humor, sex and a touch of violence. Thanks for sharing......

zetjester1zetjester1almost 9 years ago
Most Excellent

Dreamcloud you are a genius, thank you so much

RPGerRPGeralmost 9 years ago
Nit Pick

Of course I loved it, as I stated in an earlier comment. On rereading the story I noticed you used sensibility when I think you meant sensibly. Sensibility has to do with emotions, not common sense. This is just an FYI for the future.

Love all your stuff and look forward to your next story. :)

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
Re: Nit Pick

I love a good challenge. I have not yet deleted "The Accident" from my word processor. I found one use of "sensible" and one use of "sensibility." I believe we used both correctly, but I can see how a reader could be confused by viewing sensibility in a slightly different context.

Here it is: “Ask me tomorrow,” Rebecca responded, smiling, “when I have clothes on.” I chuckled at her sensibility.

If he was describing HIS chuckle, we've used the wrong word. But he is describing HER sensible response, so I believe we used the correct word.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8almost 9 years ago
Another great story

This is the third story of your I've read and as usual, another 5 star effort. The previous comments your readers left says it all...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
No

I have to be honest I didn't like it much.

I am also comparing this to The Promise. Loved IT!!!

Hey just coming from me you're a great writer. If anyone else does not like my comments or criticism they can kiss my ass!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Awesome!

I couldn't put it down. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

markranemarkranealmost 9 years ago
Thank You!

For another Great Story. The variety you've managed in your library is incredible. Every one has been five stars; I am truly looking forward to the next one.

shades1ashades1aalmost 9 years ago
Torn

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this story. I very much liked the first half. It had good character development and heartfelt emotion, but then the beating scene happened and I felt like I was reading a completely different story. I even asked myself out load, "When did this become a mob tale?". For me, it was just one hell of a left turn that didn't seem to connect at all to what was happening in the first part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Kudos for another great one!

Perfect. Heart-stoppingly perfect. Words can't even begin to cover just how... Ugh. I give up. You are amazingly good! Are you sure you're not a published author? You should be. You deserve more than some of the most well-known writers. Here's to a lot more! *cheers idol!!*

Lovelots, HunterChic1807 xoxo

rohit7785rohit7785almost 9 years ago
Wow and Pheww....

U know... I was reading this story on the app and it somehow ended on the part where Damon got beaten up and those half words. I was shocked that how can such a good story stop there... I came to the site to leave a comment and a feedback that the story was great until u left it in between and was soo happy to have found the rest of it.

Loved the story :)

thanks for sharing

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Practice makes imperfect...

....is always my excuse as to why I am so clumsy and accident-prone.

DC, yet another masterpiece of writing. You never disappoint when it comes to your characters or dialogue or development of their relationships.

Furthermore, I am impressed that you skillfully faked me out. Until the final denouement with Tammi and Toni, I had been figuring that Cathy was Rebecca's mother. Great plot twist!

ArgentPenumbraArgentPenumbraalmost 9 years ago
Wow Indeed!

A remarkably similar experience to that highlighted by ‘rohit7785’. I read the story via the Android App and found that the story ended suddenly as Damon is beaten up.

I was shocked that such a good story would end so suddenly and at such a crucial juncture.

I switched to the website to search for an ending to the story or to leave feedback requesting the same.

I was greatly relieved to discover that the website version didn’t end abruptly but continued to its proper conclusion.

The premature ending on the app left me feeling a need for closure for the story; I believe that this is a testament to the quality of the writing and the author who has created believable characters with which the reader can identify.

I truly loved the story, thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
brilliant

Another brilliant tale man....keep it up..B-)

jimbo102jimbo102almost 9 years ago
where's my Rebecca Morrison?

why oh why does great wisdom and deep love only come after unbearable pain and suffering?

why oh why does the body mind and soul have to be torn to shreds only to be

rebuilt to perfection only if deemed lucky?

why oh why, do such stories make the heart overflow with hope, while tears of redemption stream down the face?

as a child i once wished that i never wanted to be happy, as i realised that only sadness follows happiness,

now i realize that only in sadness pain & suffeing can true body mind and soul uplifting happiness blossom in ones heart,

All it needs is a Rebecca Morrison, to plant seed of hope & redemption!

thanks for the wonderful story, if its any consolation the story was perfect as perfect can be!

Just_John1Just_John1almost 9 years ago
Awesome and entertaining!!!

A very entertaining story and a great read. It's a very rare opportunity to read a story where the writing just disappears and the story completely envelopes the reader. The main character was believable and Rebecca was that mix of scary and intriguing. You avoided the pitfalls of this genre and left the happier ever after to our imagination. If had a complaint it would be a nit pick and I would have to think a while to come up with something. Thank you for an enjoyable morning.

gochangochanalmost 9 years ago
Once again . . .

Hi,

You have done it once again . . . that is write another fantastic story. You have churned out one great story after another. I suggest that you go for a bigger story - more of a novel - that you should consider publishing.

'Hats off', to your talent and your passion for writing.

Please keep it up!

Cheers,

Gopi

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
Ooops

I didn't mean to, but I liked it again.

oh well

accidents happen

SouthernJadeSouthernJadealmost 9 years ago
Loved it!

My housework is lacking.....I can't stop reading! :D

LoveMenLoveSexLoveMenLoveSexalmost 9 years ago
A pleasure to read

Captivating. Surprising. Gently funny. Sweet romance with a male's self-deprecating view of both himself and the twists and turns of life. Mufasa's inadvertent poisoning was a great moment as was the unneeded implications of their future with an interesting family connection. Thank you for writing!

LustKnightLustKnightover 8 years ago
Well done!

Touching, humorous, and steamy, well-written besides. A+ effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story!

Love this story! Made me smile all afternoon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 Stars!!!!!

Just a wonderful story. So sweet, and with your usual twist.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
Well Damn! 5* because I Can't Find The 10* Button!

Now that was a Hell of a Romance. Well done indeed.

Thank You Very Much.

Morgan DeWolfe

jaycoxjaycoxover 8 years ago
Your very best?

It could be just that. A remarkable achievement of drama, suspense and above all, love. 10++q

ThejaybirdThejaybirdover 8 years ago
Incredible

Enthralled from beggining to end

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My God...

...you CAN'T keep getting better with every story! This can't be possible!

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfover 8 years ago
WOW!!!!!

Absolutely AMAZING Story!!!!! 5 stars is NOT ENOUGH!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brilliant 5*

So well written, so humorous. I was actually laughing out loud at some of the situations, narrative and dialogue. Wonderful story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
OK

sometime your twisted sense of humor works ... Scotty

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
loved it

A nice story.

You seem to handle dialogue and situations very well.

Thank You

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Your work is nothing short of spectacular: thank you for allowing my temporary escape from reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wow

Expanded would make a great book, heck a great romantic movie.

You are talented.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
very cute

I have read this more than once and it gets better each time!

oldwayneoldwayneover 8 years ago
Nice Little Love Story! Five Stars!

Moog_Player is my favorite romantic author on this site, but your stories give him some serious competition. Thanks for your work. I'll keep reading!

LostriderLostriderover 8 years ago
Five stars

Loved it funny crazy sad it has it all. Thank You!

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 8 years ago
Nice

Good twist with mummy tammi

Thought Tony might have stumped up cash for becs restaurant

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lovely

What a great story.

I agree with the previous comment that you should be writing professionally.

More please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
AMAZING

This had such a great story to it! I've read far too many books not to guess about her mother, but the Toni part totally threw me! Great story, and great plot!!!!! WONDERFUL!

apollo90apollo90over 8 years ago
One of your best

You have a knack for writing absolutely wonderful stories. The plot twist in this one just made it better. You are my preferred writer on this site, and always look for your new stuff. Keep it up.

thurerigthurerigover 8 years ago
Another great one

Absolutely fabulous! I loved it.....Enough Said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just a dandy little story

How on earth have I not stumbled on your writings before? Another delightful story. Thank you for sharing it.

You did a great job of character development, especially on your protagonists.

VisualPerv

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well done

A Damned good story, well-told.

The twist was very useful, but I think it might have been worth a paragraph to hear her loss of 'nerves'.

Thank You

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Victor from Russia

It's a great story! Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The Accident

Again a story without a peer.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
can't find a title

Five star rating is not justified. There should be seven star option too...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
6 stars

The annotation on the 5 stars are wrong in my book, as love is something you feel towards your wife/spouse/kids etcetera - not towards a thing/concept/story. However I'm getting around that by issuing 6 stars, meaning that this is a story I might re-read with delight at a later time :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
More fun

Another fun and funny read. Thoroughly enjoyed it

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
Damn!

You couldn't write a bad story if you tried.

KinseyHolleyHubbyKinseyHolleyHubbyabout 8 years ago
Very nice!

Your stories are worth selling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent!

Great story!

Very well done!

Yes I saw her parentage but damn well done anyway!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous