All Comments on 'The Smallholder Pt. 03'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Absolutely brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
An amazing story

and well told. I loved it very much. Thank you

Sid0604Sid0604almost 9 years ago
What a great story...

I thoroughly enjoyed each chapter that made up this remarkable story. This chapter was easily worth 5 stars. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

jetpacksamjetpacksamalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

Thank you for this.

MattcpaMattcpaalmost 9 years ago
A Heartwarming Story

Very well thought out. I thought the progression of the intimate scenes precisely fitted the story line. Nice job!

dennybrosedennybrosealmost 9 years ago

I loved this whole story. I was worried since the first part was seven pages and it felt a little draggy with long explanations/descriptions, but they really complimented the pace in the end. I needed them, in other words lol. The characterization was flawless, and I found myself attached (and hating) each character as you portrayed.

Thank you for sharing :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Thank you, over the years I have often tired of the same old/ same old on literotica. This story simply draws you in, please copyright it and protect your work. This would make a very good screenplay, it has all of the characters, twists and intrigue that make a good story, and it has a happy ending. Well done.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 9 years ago

A really well written story with substance and depth to the characters and background. Five stars for sure.

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
A wonderful read.

Ar, I want to compliment you for this story series. Heart-rendering and heart-warming with just the perfect touch of loving eroticism

A most excellent balance of believable humanity .and fictional dramatics. I look forward to future postings from your keyboard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A tiny quibble

This is quite splendid, but it's not credible that Trevor should be rehabilitated. There is evil in the world, and the Trevor revealed throughout the story is an evil man. But, as I say, a very small quibble over a very satisfying tale.

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

A thoroughly enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Splendid

Your stories are always a cut above almost all of the stories on this site. There are lots of good ones, but yours are excellent. Such a delightful mix of story, suspense, intrigue and yes, eroticism. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well done

Very good story line and wrap up

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
Loved it!

You have a new fan and I am looking forward with pleasure to reading the rest of your stories! Thanks!

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
I'd still keep watch on Trevor

He's got a track record of being able to spew convincing BS when it suits his purposes. The true test will be what he actually does when he gets out.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
what's in a name?

As he is being released from prison they call him

Trevor Graham

during the trial he was sworn in as

Trevor Gerard (AKA Gerry) Johnson

which is it? Johnson or Graham?

ringill98ringill98almost 9 years ago
Excellent

A most enjoyable read with enough twists and turns to keep the interest going, keep up the good work.

Owd_BobOwd_Bobalmost 9 years ago
Just wow!

Don't believe I've ever commented before. This is definitely a good place to start. One of the best stories on the site. I hope you are able to continue these stories for a long time to come.

charlebignutscharlebignutsalmost 9 years ago
Not My Normal Read

But a good story well written . I thought the ending was a bit week tho . After 20 pages of build up I thought it ended rather suddenly & they all lived happy ever after .I did enjoy it tho, Good work Keep writing .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank You

Thank You

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 9 years ago
Yes

Thank You for sharing. Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Brilliant!

really enjoyed it - thanks

jurasickjurasickalmost 9 years ago
Excellent story, good writing

This story captured the milieu of, presumably, northern England farming communities very well. The writing style and attention to detail was excellent. As was the story itself. One point that stuck out, though, was that no one ever question why Trevor changed his name and how suspicious that was. Not the courts, not the police, not even Angela's friends. That was, I thought, a bit strange.

potsherdpotsherdalmost 9 years ago
I loved...

the sense of passing time and the cycle of the seasons. Not only a lovely clear location, but the passage of time, weather and the farmer's year.

jasjonjasjonover 8 years ago
Excellent

Brilliant, moving story. Loved the flow of time and seasons. Wish I could rate it higher than a 5.

MarraTedMarraTedover 8 years ago
British at it's best!!

I have now read most of your works on here an whilst I have enjoyed them all, this is by far the best. I look forward to any future publications with some impatience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Gripping and fulfilling

I'm an ancient old geezer, and a grumpy old man forbye, but I still love a good happy ending. I've read some others of yours, but not all, and this is the best so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Amazing!

Just amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Superb 5*

Well done, well written and interesting.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtover 7 years ago
Excellent

Well balanced, detailed where needed, combined with a "down home, peaceful easy feeling." It's a rare author who manages 'inner dialogue' without it becoming too tedious or woefully overwrought - once again, well done.

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
Well Done!

A very good story. You are one heck of an interesting writer. I have never been in England but I could feel the atmosphere, the weather and the countryside. You made it come alive. But finally we have a woman who is not a 'drama queen' nor a bed-hopper. She just has to make a very rough decision. Thank you for a very entertaining story.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Very romantic and true to life

So much adversity in their lives but they prevailed.

I would like to thank Alwaysraining for using the Queen's English. The use of dialogue was brilliant. You could hear and appreciate the regional colloquialisms, Barry was especially fun.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done...

An awesomely told story...bringing peace to all who will read...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Story

WoW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Superb

A superbly told story of love, self-discovery and the true virtues of the alpha male.

LA

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
So Satisfying.

Such a great and satisfying experience reading this author. And, believe this is one of the more absorbing with its thought provoking couple and rich dialogue. So good. Many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Gratitude, and peace

Bless you for sharing all that with us! It ministered to me in a very deep, profound way that left me feeling gratitude and peace.

JP

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 5 years ago
A wonderful story...

Extremely well written; your descriptions are vivid and entertaining. I especially like how you identify where your protagonist lives: it allows me to pull up pictures of that area from the internet. Then, while reading, with the actual topography of the area in mind, my imagination fills in the blanks and I can see his farm in my head throughout the story. It really gives the story life. Thanks for posting. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Trevor, Kevin, Gerard, Graham... never saw a villain with so many names! ;)

Great story, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hiram325Hiram325about 2 years ago

Alwaysraining, I have just yesterday discovered you and your works. This was my first story I've read by you, a magnificent tale, well told. 5 Stars and you're now followed.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Great story, my second lap with this one and just as good as the first! Yes, our villains name kept altering, but we could still follow the plot. My favourite character you included in this was Barry, although his speech seemed more North Yorkshire/Dales at times than S.Yorks or Peak District, maybe he was a “blow-in” and married locally. Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz

EVLoverEVLoverover 1 year ago

This my first series by you that I've read and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more series by you.

As a man who has studied enough Buddhism to be dangerous and who has sat on a pillow for many hours, I'm in awe of Joseph's long standing meditation practice.

I was surprised by Angela's budding meditation practice as she jumped right in and did her best to sit for an hour at a time. Most often, I've heard the suggestion to start more slowly...perhaps 5-10 minutes at a sitting and gradually work up to a longer period.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I enjoyed that.

5* each chapter, thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)(up North)

sg1010sg10104 months ago

Great ! I thoroughly enjoyed your creation !

THANK YOU !

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Excellent story. So many thoughts, actions and reactions. A lot to think about

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
902 Followers
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories