All Comments on 'The Tides Of War Pt. 14'

by RobinLane

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
AFTER THE WAR IS DONE

the peace, property and family must be defended. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just...... THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!!!

Sid0604Sid0604almost 9 years ago
What a great story...

I enjoyed reading this chapter but was saddened in the knowledge it is the final one. Easily worth 5 stars. Thankyou for sharing such a great story and I hope that there'll be more to come... the following generations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank You

I have enjoyed reading this story and looking forward to your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you and please keep writing!

This was a wonderful story in spite of the spelling or grammar mistakes made. The high quality of the story is of the utmost importance. The mistakes can be fixed by running the story past an editor or two, especially now that editors can see what they have to work with--top quality story telling.

Best wishes on your future endeavors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you for the great story. I have looked for the latest installment everyday. "The Tides of War" is a good as any book I have read and better than a lot!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Incredible Writing!

The quality of what you share with those lucky enough to read it is amazing and especially when found here. Please continue to share your efforts with us!

BRAVO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great read

Enjoyed this tale as I did your others, hopefully another of your wonderful yarns willappear in the near future. Once again thanks !

mcollectmcollectalmost 9 years ago
Thank you

Great read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great series

Don't stop writing, I look forward to future stories

ncpetencpetealmost 9 years ago
Great story.

Thanks for sharing your vision and storytelling. It was enjoyable. I will miss waiting for the next installment. Looking forward to your next one.

eros53eros53almost 9 years ago
Well done

A most wonderful story. The misspellings were a little distracting but not enough to take away the enjoyment of a very good yarn. Well done again. I concur with one of the other reviewers, you have talent and should continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
IT'S A SAD DAY

I knew that at some point your fantastic novel had to end :(:( Robin, you have told a wonderful story. I loved the time frame, the characters and how you developed them all... the depth you went to in describing the customs and traditions....the whole thing was fabulous. I can't thank you enough for sharing. Hope to see more from you in the future.

Bob.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful

Yet again another wonderful and humane story from you. Keep up the writing as I really enjoy your stories. Look forward to more in the future.

shopdogshopdogalmost 9 years ago

Thank you, well done..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Now

that this series is at an end,I feel that I am about to miss good friends.Thanks Robin for a great tale.

AJPhynnAJPhynnalmost 9 years ago
What do I do now?

Looking for the latest chapter has been one of the highlights of the day! Now I need to find another tale to take me on a similar journey chauffeured by a great imagination like yours. I can only join in the thanks that others have offered, and say how much I have enjoyed David's story - even though the last two chapters missed out on the quirky spellings that I had come to enjoy! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank You.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. Looking forward to your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Accuracy of work

I have really enjoyed your knowledge of the time period and the way you wound the story line and world happenings of the time. It was a history lesson of the years the story covered. Keep up the good work I can't wait to read what you are going to write next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Better story

One of the better stories I have read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Bravo

The best novel i have read in the last 10 years. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fantastic Story

Really enjoyed your story and hope that you continue submitting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thanks for a wonderful story

What's left to say?

Ditto to all the other comments

LazerousLazerousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you

bravo and thank you for the captivating story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank You !!

Thank You for such a wonderful story. Hope you will be starting a new one soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great Story. First and only sad part . . .,

sending the children away to school. Yes, I get the culture, superior opportunities, and practical reasons. But having home schooled our own children, with excellent results, it seems such a shame to take these children away from a real, intense, dynamic world, and place them in a phony contrived academic world. I'm sure it will all turn out well for them, but I am saddened at the family being split up for what I see as very uncertain and short-sighted results. How can you compare what they would learn as African pioneers and entrepreneurs, with what mush will be fed them in their stale, sheltered, and fictitious classrooms. Oh well, your ending is probably more realistic, unfortunately.

Thank You; a delightful and exciting journey.

CatsmineCatsminealmost 9 years ago
5 Stars front to back

I should like a copy of this in hardback. Kipling himself would be proud of this book.

LoveDeniedLoveDeniedover 8 years ago
Great story!

You most certainly redeemed yourself with this one. Great story!!

PassionfingersPassionfingersover 8 years ago
Great Yarn

A great rollicking yarn, and having worked in a lot of the countries you have detailed, I loved the attention to detail and attempts to blend historical facts into the story - not quite Wilbur Smith, but bloody close enough for me!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Goodun

Shades of Kipling and Roark, with a touch of S.M. Stirling. I live on Pine Island, Floriduh, where Square Grouper is a major source of income so "A Smuggler's Song" is right behind "Kim" and "Tommy" on my favs list. Used to keep my mad money in between the pages of "Something Of Value" when I was still in HS. Can't believe the Brits are still refusing to give full pensions to the Gurkhas? Thanks for a well written and edited story. More?

Can't figure out why so many Literotica writers have a big problem with homonyms. Good editing makes for an easier more enjoyable read.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
TO KEEP ANYTHING OF VALUE

adjustments and sacrifice have to be maintained. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent

I have only commented now, on the complete narrative. Others have commented on the mistakes in the grammar and the spelling errors. This does not detract from what is an excellent story from start to finish.

Well done, please keep writing. 5 Stars, of course!

imsbillyimsbillyalmost 8 years ago
My regret

My only regret with this story is that it took me so long to find it. Aside from the grammar errors, It was a very well written story and I found that I just couldn't stop reading. My eyes are burning from reading it all without stopping, so I'll cut this short. Again, Well done, Sir. Well done.

jeh2ndjeh2ndover 7 years ago
The Best

"Tides of War" is the best story that I have read on Literotica. I love a good fictional story about a family stretched over a period of historically accurate time. I always have the internet on when I read so that I can look up the meaning of words that I don't know, to expand on the history portrayed or to verify that the geography is real or fictional. It is too bad the "The Boys in Blue" wandered away from its story to emphasize sex around chapter seven. It could have been very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Perfect

Second time I've read The Tides Of War loved it both times

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice copy

It's a total replica of wilber smith ballantyne series of Novels......but still a good read

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Loved this story. A super read. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

So much better than your first story. I can't imagine how great your next story will be.

Thank you for taking the time

I hope the muse strikes you again. I'll be waiting

Frank

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Best Read on all of Lit!

I truly await your next story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please sir, can I have some more?

Probably the best novel on the site. Having read this a couple of times along with "The boys in blue", I can only hope you're working on another story. Well done and thanks for sharing your talent with us.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtalmost 7 years ago
A King Tide

A truly excellent tale - well and expertly told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great

One of the best stories I've read on this site

DomdomainDomdomainover 6 years ago
Aside from the anoyingly repeated spelling errors, great work!

It's nice to see that not all stories on Lit have to be constant smut. As a fellow author on Lit, I appreciate the substance, with real plot and character development. It's also nice to see that the author put some time into the historical research which I thank you for. With proper editing, I see no reason that this work couldn't be published. Again, thank you for gracing us with your efforts and imagination.

Dom

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Outstanding tail enjoyed every chapter just made you want to read more

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Outstanding story

I enjoyed being carried along with the story. It is well written and I couldn't wait to get to the next page. The characters were real and the joys and sorrows felt real. I hope other stories will be forth coming. Excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A Tremendous Story

I have read this series a number of times, and I keep returning to read it all over again, and without fail I enjoy it as much as the first time I read it.

I thank you Robin Lane for the writing of "The Tides Of War" with all it's glory and we all know about warfare, be it on an island, a country, or a continent you have done yourself proud in the wording, and the feeling of this story.

Many Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
minor irritations

I absolutely loved your story but I would welcome guidance as to the, apparent ,spelling errors contained in it. Was this an attempt to use the spelling of the period? I ask because of the consistency of usage.

Lindhunt53Lindhunt53over 5 years ago
Still one of the best stories on Lit!

What a fantastic read! I've enjoyed this novel more than once and will continue to do so in the future. Love your other story as well. I only wish you'd grace us with more of your writing........

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousover 5 years ago
Good tale.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your story. It is obvious American/British English is not your native language, and I overlooked much because of that. Your story would be MUCH enhanced and publishable if you were to do some serious editing with a qualified editor. I encourage you to do so.

Thank you for a good read. I stayed with it due to my interest in the areas covered and to my interest in the time period. Beyond the aforementioned issues, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES ON LITEROTICA. KEEP WRITING GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS AND I'LL KEEP READING THEM!!!

5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

A great story, thanks for sharing it with us.

pumpop201pumpop201almost 5 years ago
Simply the best.....

Simply the best story I've read in Lit. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Still loving this story

I've returned more than once to this story.... enjoy it equally every time. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
the tides of war

As some of the others have said that they returned to your story many times and enjoyed reading it every time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The Tides of War

I have just finished my fourth read. Still great read. Thank you to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the best story that I have read on this site. Thanks again for posting it.

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

Another of your wonderful stories. Each one I read gets better. Please continue with this fine writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is a terrific story, thank you for writing it for all of us!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories