All Comments on 'A Happier Man'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
IT TAKES A HAPPY MAN TO SING A HAPPY TUNE

right to the divorce court. TK U MLJ LV NV

Storm113Storm113almost 9 years ago
needs more

Incomplete. Needs the confrontation.

luedonluedonalmost 9 years ago
Not one of his best

But pretty good just the same.

Nobody does retribution like Britease.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Necessary?

In this day and age of no fault divorce, do you really need to play games and get the pictures? Why not just get a divorce? Why not spend the intervening time de-funding the marriage and making sure you come out better financially? After the decision has been made to end the marriage, it is all about the assets and the future.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Nice

Stupid. Fucking cunt. How stupid can you be? Oh, I forgot. The fucking prick lover was as stupid as she was. They'll get what they deserve.

Five Stars

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
I agree with @betrayedbylove...

I agree with @betrayedbylove...All cheaters are stupid and think they are smarter that anyone...We don't know what he wanted from the divorce settlement, but only with the photos he could get it...Now when the lover boy understand she wasn't married any more, soon he will go find another one, leaving this one alone!!! 4*

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years ago
Common theme, but still good.

I recall either Ohio or someone did a story where the guy knew his wife was cheating with an old beau. She, or he, suggested some kind of threesome. They went back to the house. The whole scene was set up by the husband to instill enough revulsion to insure he'd have the strength to go through with the divorce. His story was a little more involved and worked better. But your story is good and I gave it a five; the five is supposed to be an inducement to keep writing.

Considered yourself induced.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
lol

Thought for a moment. That this was going to be a story that reflects negatively on the British men again. Then as the story unfolded, I started smiling and laughing. Good one.

jethy8ujethy8ualmost 9 years ago
@sugna?

sugna the UK doesn't have no fault divorces, so more evidence the better. Great 5 star story

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Nice one

Very different way to get the evidence. I liked it. It was just the right length, but I would have also liked to see her reaction to getting the papers. 5 stars for me.

DigdeepDigdeepalmost 9 years ago
Enjoyable

Enjoyable short tale with a satisfying outcome. As Carvohi says, it is not an original theme but, then again this is not unusual with LW tales. Perhaps he is thinking of "Dan" by Just Plain Bob

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 9 years ago
So another dumb, cheating wife.

At least he was prepared, got his evidence and was moving on. But it must have been a lousy PI not to be able to get pictures and video of the lovers going at it over a 6 month time period. And while I enjoyed this all-to-brief vignette I do wish you'd sit down and turn out something longer with a bit more to chew on. Cheers!

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
plots within plots

Britease, a clever bit of writing. Your build-up to the action was smooth and cooly written. Your characters all turned out to be dodgy scamps. With a funny and remorseless ending.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 9 years ago
At first, I was like WTF? But then I was all LOL!

Great tale as usual, Brit! Lots of twists, turns, and some of your trademark humor thrown in for good measure. The way he "went along" with the plot made me remember your "Or is it?" line up top, and the way he got the evidence against them was priceless!

5 Big Stars.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
As a Flash Story - Five Stars

I wondered if that wasn't where BE wasn't going with this one when he asked the rhetorical question in the preamble. Not sure why wifey-poo didn't just divorce and go on - probably money or the perp is already married.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 9 years ago
*****

Great read over morning coffee.

Chuckle :-D

maninconnmaninconnalmost 9 years ago
Heh heh

Nice twist!

FullCircle56FullCircle56almost 9 years ago
Different

You pulled a few good twists in a very short flash story. Most excellent. 4 stars.

thebuffalothebuffaloalmost 9 years ago

Can't go 5 stars, but definitely 4 with a bullet.

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
****

Go get 'em, Britease! Very good for a short story. My god, don't you like it when a plan comes together? Cheers!

BigK10BigK10almost 9 years ago
Excellent in it's simplicity...

...and simply excellent!

A perfect little slice of life, where karma bites the "evil-doers" in the ass!

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmalmost 9 years ago
Add a second part

The one where she finally gets what she deserves. How about it? You know the divorce papers and where she finally realizes just how much she messed up.

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
I don't think I have ever called for a second chapter for ANY story

But this one is screaming for one! Well done.

blackswordblackswordalmost 9 years ago

Too short we need to see what happened after.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

a fun read. Thanks.

yowseryowseralmost 9 years ago
Lovely

Revenge is a dish best served curried. Sweet story.

yowseryowseralmost 9 years ago
lovely

Sweet twist, keep them coming...

Tootight1Tootight1almost 9 years ago
good story

quick and to the point. I'm just wondering if he is satisfied letting the cheaters go free, no punishment, or vengeance, or anything, other than divorce, which his lawyer and PI was getting.

enjayemenjayemover 8 years ago
Another good one

Maybe a little too long for true flash, but short and sweet none the less. I wish more people could appreciate the skill involved.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 8 years ago
For me, needs

more dialogue between hubby and wife after this incident -- but I realise that that isn't the idea of this near-flash story. But as usual cryptic and entertaining from this author.

sinsational83sinsational83about 8 years ago
right

I have read a lot of your stories and have decided that you have a talent, but what you don't have, is the ability to make any of your stories longer than what you do. Just like this one. You could have idk... kept it going a bit longer possibly letting the readers know the outcome of what happened after the divorce papers were served. What she did when she got them. Come on, you write good stories but you screw them up by leaving the things incomplete. three stars for a partial story.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Was Ready For a 2 Star But...

It looked like it was going to be a cuck tail, I was glad ti was a cheating wife trap!

I know it's a moot point, but if she HADN'T been cheating, and it was truly just another man, then I would DEFINITELY insisted on another woman for me, and seen how quickly she would have lost interest in the whole thing!

cetonicacetonicaabout 8 years ago
a realy wife slut trap

indeed a perfect trap for a slut wife... 5 star

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Nice

Love it when the cheaters are outsmarted. To hell with them.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
A Big Smile!

He got what he wanted out of the divorce,BUT

she ended up with the BIG dick she wanted.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 7 years ago
But

big dicks don't pay the bills and after she's all stretched out nothing seems tight anymore. TK

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Set the trap...

...and let her trip it herself. ..lol

Great flash, Britease, thoroughly enjoyable.

Thank you for writing.

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
fantasy guy

SLAM went the door on her marriage. Ha Ha . She is to stupid to gain anything from this.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Probably Wasn't Her First Time

She was probably a serial cheater, just stepping up her game now.

Ten years of "marriage" to a faithless slut down the crapper! Oh well, better now than later with kids, I guess....

Well told, thanks!

AmunRa218AmunRa218about 7 years ago
Enjoyable

Agree with others. A nice flash story. Still love most of your stories. Thanks for posting.

cockcriticcockcriticalmost 7 years ago
REVENGE

Slam dunk, loved it.

5stars

ejsathomeejsathomeover 6 years ago
Short . . .

. . . and sweet, and well written. Very enjoyable. Thanks.

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
No confrontation is disappointing

It was short and sweet. Confrontation would've made it better though.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
Where's the Rest of the Story?

So, that's it?

ranec1ranec1over 5 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
I don’t understand people who ask “Is that it?” for stories like this.

It’s obvious. They get divorced. He gets most of the assets, if anything (probably a prenup contract). Or a US state or country that recognizes adultry as a mitigating reason for divorce, and punishes the adulterer.

Now, if the story ended up with him taking pictures, then stopped? There are all kinds of ways that could go. He could put it on his computer and masturbate to it nightly. Go for divorce (but we wouldnt have a clue he knew about the tryst and was ambushing them). He could come back and join them. He could break down in his bedroom. He could break down in front of them. If that happened the wife could decide she feels for hubby and shoos Mike out. Or Mike and she could both laugh at him. All kinds of ways the story could go.

But the way it’s written it will be a divorce over adultery and she gets the shaft (no pun intended, though that works too).

Still, this is a 4-star story.

desertdog43desertdog43about 5 years ago
Sweet

And to the point, good bye slut...

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Short caught punishment coming all there

Did good

Don't need any more

Except

If want details of punishment

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sometimes

Short and sweet is the best revenge. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why

Why wait six months,he could have got enough evidence with out the need for sex photos,unless he was going to use them to sue Mike.?

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

Would have liked to see her reaction. Cheating bitches reactions are the best part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So what happened when she was served.

She cried and screamed. She said to me that I was fine with hit. She fainted when I said I knew she had been fucking Mike for 6 months and I had his confession, He bragged about it and told me I was a fool and blind. I did get my revenge after the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Missing something

I like the tail, and it s okay written, but it is missing an outcome.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to be a stupid bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
agree

why wait six months?

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@sugna — no fault divorce

Britease I believe is British, and his/her bio says he lives in France

Until VERY recently (like March or April), in the UK, you could still file for divorce for adultery. It didn’t make any difference in the financial outcome, but it became public record.

In France, adultery for cause of divorce still carries a heavy financial punishment for the cheater, especially for woman.

So, to use adultery as the cause for divorce in either country is fine, and in fact might be beneficial.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Another little gem where the husband turns the tables on the cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FTDS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My god! Another story truncated well before it should end.

It seems as though authors congratulate themselves as pulling off the story well before it should end.

A potential 5 stars downgraded to 3.

Bill

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Where

Where is the rest?.This needs more.

Anallicker01Anallicker01over 2 years ago

And they thought they were so "smart"! Short & sweet! Great story! Any more to tell about these 3?

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

As others have said this could do with an ending with a confrontation. It was going okay but it needs a proper conclusion.

GriscomGriscomover 2 years ago

They are both going to say that he condoned it by sitting there to witness it, meaning no adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great short story- very well composed and presented. Really enjoyed the conclusion

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Ain’t it great when the mouse sticks his head right into the trap. This was one dumb bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Okay story, but ending was too short.

iameaseliameaselalmost 2 years ago

Dont know how I missed this, granted it was clearly going towards what we saw as the ending, but that said the trip was worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good short story- nicely set up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

no end? just a walk away. so poor from a great start

fredbrownfredbrownover 1 year ago

I kinda like the sharp cut off - a sawtooth ending to the story. Slow uptick in details until it hits the maximum and then bang, a vertical drop to zero with the pics at the LegalEagles office. Whump - you're screwed! Love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good start, now it just needs an ending. Where's the aftermath?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You had your MC know that his wife was in an affair for 6 months and did not toss her to the curb but waited to get pictures?????your brain dead! In real life, soon as he knew she would be tossed or he walked. Try for realism in your stories.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Hmm, one of these super annoying open endings, and the husband knew of his wife's cheating for 6 months, yet he did nothing much. Not a satisfying read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@NoSauce4u and others. The story didn't say that he'd known for 6 months, only that the investigators had found out that that they'd been at it for six months. Read the story. Also, the author could indeed have gone on to detail, pointlessly, all the niff-naff and trivia that followed them being served - just like so many other LW stories. But it was not needed. All you do by wingeing about the lack of an (obvious) ending is display your own lack of imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story sucked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Incomplete

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 year ago

Someone needs to finish this. 3***

someoneothersomeoneother12 months ago

Very incomplete. Maybe things are different in UK, but adultery really does not matter in USA divorces, and so entire point of story is moot.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Happier is good

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It was disappointing.Had no emotional effect,but! John picked up on what's going on with his wife Jenny an Mike.Know about the set up to be cockold,when the evidence is introduced in court.Mike better not be married and have a Dept.of Health record of having STD. I'm sure John have some ideas how to fix Mike permanently for good.I would like to see Jenny's face when the evidence is shown to her that she deliberately set John up,the effect will be face going pale/her lovely bright eyes turn dark/that disrespectful stupid grin disappeares and the stuttering will be part of her life for ever.Now for John! Theirs one more person to deal with,that bitch Meg was also involved.I think that John should make this bitch his bitch.Have a face to face talk show her what you have on her,be persuasive on how her life is going to look like without friends,if she is married? She's fucked.John gives her a choice be my bitch or be a leper.That'll fix the bitch bye!

fredbrownfredbrown10 months ago

Whoah, the anons are vicious tonight. I don't see why John should begrudge Mike and Jenny a future life together,

However short it may be ........

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ok story, but jt seems incomplete.

Rocky62Rocky623 months ago

If he knew ahead of time he should have rigged some video cameras instead of quicky shots. He’d have audio when he left the room too

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous