All Comments on 'A Shepherd in France Ch. 01'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Poor Big Ben...

....BR is so mean to the poor schmuck!

Lets see, what is left for the author to abuse the big guy with?

Defenestration?

Trampled by Elephant?

Drawn & Quartered?

Death of a Thousand Cuts?

Death by Snoo-Snoo seems to be the most likely!

I look forward, with bated breath for BR's diabolical imagineerings of the liquification of our favorite engineering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Excellent story!!!.....This is truly a great continuation of the original story and I look forward to seeing what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story writing!

So much emotions, it's sometimes hard to restrain the tears spilling over my eyes.

Please consider this as encouragement and motivation to continue this great story.

Am enjoying following it tremendously!

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
Truly another real special one!

You continue to be one of the best storytellers here...thank you!!!!!

Archangel_MArchangel_Malmost 9 years ago
Amazing as always

Two little things, though:

1. I have a hard time believing that, in France of all places, a police detective would be thrown off the force for being a lesbian. Nowadays, anyway. Somehow it seems much less likely than a male cop being ostracized/forced out for being gay. Maybe I'm wrong.

2. This story (and all 5 chapters of "The Shepherd of Ashburn Court") are mis-categorized IMHO. They should all be in Romance instead of Erotic Couplings. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Surprisingly difficult to put down any of the chapters, Keep them coming I'm excite for the next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
EU

Please bring Lucy and Cecil from outside the EU. Had they flown in from Amsterdam they would not have had to go through customs in Paris. I suggest Bangkok. BTW, the train from Amsterdam to Paris is nearly as quick as flying given check in times and travel to and from airports and there is practically no security screening of passengers. (Station to station 3 h 21 m)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great

Thanks for keeping the story going looking forward to more!!!!

Quack82Quack82over 8 years ago

i really like this story and the people in it. But can Ben not be stabbed or attacked every 4 pages? I like the "repressed memories" issue, but someone that unstable would not be traveling around and blacking out in another country, even with help. the character development is fantastic. keep up the good work.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
more fight scenes than on ESPN

Maybe it has changed in the past 3 years, but when I last visited the Louvre, photography was prohibited. Tipping on the continent is very different from in the US.

But it was still a very good story.

beowulf30beowulf30over 8 years ago
Venting my concerns about Ben

Great stories and every story is very hard to put down but a couple of things;

1. I don't know it seems kind of odd that Tina basically raped Ben when he was unconscious from the pills and he was okay with that, what about his emotional state that everyone keeps talking about.

2. Ben needs serious help with his blackouts and he should get it taken care of right away, delaying for vacations and other things only delays the inevitable.

3. Is he not worried about getting an STD? Meets Lucy and a day later he is sleeping with her, he has no idea of her past or where she has been and its not all about him anymore when he keeps getting more GF's adding to the fold.

4. The man hates casual sex but he has more of it then he actually realizes.

Just some of the things that I have been thinking about since reading this story and the other ones as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ben is a good emotional role model

It was a good long read, and it is refreshing to see a male character who has some emotional depth and vulnerability. I wish I had his level of kindness. Thanks for a good role model.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
Lucy was an unnecessary distraction

who had nothing to do with the "family" from Ashburn Court or the trip to France.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What else happens to them?

Quit after louvre fight. Aliens attack after that and he fights them off?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You should think of doing------

A version of The Count of Monte Cristo. If you don't think you've already done it with "Shepard"-------I'd read it with enthusiasm.

Protector0fMankindProtector0fMankindabout 7 years ago
Gud shit

This is my second time reading the Shepherd of Ashburn series through. I know that Ben falls in love with a gaggle of women I just wish it was more explicit in the story. He doesn't actually say I love you till these chapters, even though he's known since ch. 3 of Ashburn Court. He never actually say it to a bunch of women he loves in later stories, and relationships are often just left open. Maybe it's just me, but I think it needs more repetiton, just to beat it into our skulls that he's in love with so and so. I don't think he ever tells Lucy he loves her, even though Burnt writes it later. I certaintly tell my girl I love her early and often, and if I loved as many women as Ben does, I'd certaintly say it to each of them just as much

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Keep up your great storing telling.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of your 'Ben Shepherd' stories. Please continue to tell more of his adventures.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
ok, but predictable, ...

...and I expect, pandering to american tastes. "We all want to go shopping", Rings, jewels galore; "Ben really hit one out of the park last night" WTF? Corny, formulaic.

Malapropisms: "complemented them on their selections" look up complemented/complimented. "While he'd afflicted injuries to Kirion" look up afflicted/inflicted. Good story flow generally, but iffy word literacy. I'll still read it (if escaping from chores).

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999about 6 years ago
really loving these

Ben Shepherd and his stories are great

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
BurntRedstone is a mind blowing writer

I love the read. The writer of this story is just too good to be true. God bless BurntRedstone

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Spectacular

You keep me reading, these stories are hard to put down once I start them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
One thing

I honestly do love burntredstones stories and characters, but in this chapter especially and the next one, the one thing that spoils it for me is the behaviour of Sophia and Rachel.

They have no care or consideration for thte effect their wanton behaviour would have even with everything that happens and after being told not to pursue Ben if they just want a quick shag.

Their behaviour is more along the lines of the lines of their father, see what they want and damn the consequences, no matter how tacky it is them wanting to sleep with their mothers boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Absolutely Marvelous!

Have moved on from Ashburn Court with this third series of Ben Shepherd, and have some trepidation as to how Ben can continue to withstand the rigors of physical violence to his body from ugly and very violent men, and the sexual accommodation of the very large number of (always beautiful) women who love him. When are you going to give him a break? And are you ever going to let him help a girl/lady who isn't beautiful and doesn't have much of a body, and may even be overweight and have "bad hair days"? But the writing is marvellously engrossing and I can't put it down! Thanx again for the great Read, and I'm looking forward to The Family moving on to the South of France where, in reality, my own father grew up!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Anonymous criticism

Its easy to criticise thats why everyone does it, especially anonymously.

To those who do this step up and so as a real person. These are stories someone who has labored over and expressed there feelings and thoughts to entertain people with no expectation of monetary gain, The wish only a little recognition for their work and creativity. This author needs and deserves a bit of praise and recognition for giving us a story to enjoue, and its free! Thank and keep writing.

rapperbsrapperbsabout 3 years ago
Another Excellent story continuing from your first story

Very well written, enjoyed reading of their travels in Paris. Wasn't expecting trouble so soon in the story, but it was a good setup to bring Lucy into the fold. Was pleased to see other members of the family standing up for each other and even protecting Ben from possible death. Looking forward to reading Ch 2 of this vacation. The pregnancy threw me off, but knew it had to be his. His proposal to Tina and the recognition of his other wives was handled perfectly.

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I am amazed at the accolades this one is getting... I found it pretty pedestrian... As always technically sound... But a boring and thoroughly unbelievable tale that really didn't go anywhere... Situations had no development or purpose and seemed just thrown in to have something actually happening... The whole thing was the epitome of predictable... Ive read a couple of your stories that were supurb... This wasn't one of them...

And again... This members... cream of society nonsense is unbelievable... You have a guy preaching about annons not having a right to critize... When everyone here is anonymous... Unless someone's mom actually named him them bilgewatercupcake... Or some of the other user names used here...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You need a new editor to help you cut down on the yawn inducing meaningless stuff, which is often entire paragraphs full of trivialities. You obviously have stories to tell, but not the ability to do so.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

This is a pleasurable fantasy. Ben is just too perfect. It reads like a hagiography. But it's well worth the price of admission.

Having read the first two installments in the life and loves of Ben Shepherd, let me offer a constructive criticism. Why does Ben ALWAYS have to be in the center. This network of relationships is all hub and spokes -- lots of spokes radiating out from and swirling around one hub, namely Ben. In that respect it's the old fairy tale about the sultan with his harem. Why can't we see deep personal/intimate/sexual relationships between the women? Why shouldn't Tina and Lucy, back in the States while the rest continue their frolic in France, develop fervent liaisons with each other? Why shouldn't they share the same bed as they wait for the conquering hero and his entourage to return?

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 2 years ago

Plot hole: Did Chanel arrive at the hotel and follow the shopping group, without seeing Ben? Or did she arrive and give chase to Ben and then have a confrontation with Megan (yet still wind up at the shopping area before Megan arrives there, so she could intervene when the two thugs were harassing Lucy)?

It cannot logically be both. Yet the text says both things happened.

Since no mention is made of the altercation between Chanel and Megan after that (ever), I'm guessing that Chanel's inclusion in the chase was a late addition to the plot, without regard to the fact that later text either contradicted it or ignored that it happened. Chanel's recollection of the day, when she's watching Ben and Gabriella on their date that same night, doesn't mention chasing Ben and neither Ben nor Megan ever mentions it to anyone else. It's like it never happened -- or it was written out of sequence and the contradictions were not caught in whatever editing was done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I keep seeing the same thing when reading comments on long stories and it still amazes me. We have made it half way through the second installment in the life of Ben Shepherd and people are stating how they don't like the writing style, or the direction the story has followed since chapter one. I don't understand why someone who doesn't like the story and makes it sound like they haven't since the onset are still reading it. I have enjoyed the story, flaws and all. It is fun, romantic, exciting and sexy. A nice escape from the doldrums of day to day life. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have enjoyed the story but some of the things seem just over the edge, add a little more lightness. Also double check a few more word meanings. I do realize this is an early output in the literary maturation of the author. It is still excellent and I wish the author total success. Use these words to build a better successor story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Tina is a rapist

Odd that that part was never explicitly addressed.

"Oh, I was sooo emotionally distraught after Ben's near death!" And that justifies rape?

Nowhere near as good as the Jack Danner or the Henry Gable (Satyr) stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As often as Ben gets hospitalized, he should buy a room outright- like a condo. On the few days he's NOT recovering from injury, he can rent it out. Makes sense economically, if you don't think about it too much...

Anon56

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

I was happy that Ben only got a few new cuts, and no hospital visit this time, ... And I think that when a sweet and gorgeous oriental lady (like Tina) climbs onto your morning wood for fun ride, this is NOT a rape, it can't be, it is Love! It started the miracle of life inside of Tina and is just plain wonderful. Although lovely Lucy is terrific, it is almost completely impossible that she is so quickly brought into their family, wow, loved these instalment(s), ... ;-) TTFN

AranelQuinnAranelQuinnover 1 year ago

I stopped reading on page three. After rereading the adventures of Jack Danner and seeing you had also authored Ben's stories (I have been searching to re-read them for sometime) I was delighted. However, after ignoring my renewed disappointment with the overly weak sides to Ben's character, a detail I had forgotten, the whole French detective and the beginning of the splitting off of the neighbourhoods bonds, I have decided to stop.

You are a fantastic author and are clearly more dedicated than 99%. So the start contrast between the gravity and impact of lines like "Just be their friend" to the overzealous spewing of repetitive grovelling, weak and nauseating aspects of Ben is just so jarring.

The splitting off of the characters like Catherine just rips me from my immersion and lays waste to what you have solidly built.

You have my respect regardless and my thanks for the chronicles of Ambassador Danner. I am well aware this is all my own opinion but from a fan, you missed the mark a few too many times with Ben Shepherd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Author dropped the ball with the "marriage to Tina" plotline....this has no place in a harem fantasy and goes directly against the teachings of Gabriella as described in the last series. Marriage is a contract that specifically details fidelity as a primary tenet. On top of that, there is no reason for it where the child is concerned as paternity and responsibility does not require marriage in American law. Completely out of the defined character for all involved.

HiFrancHiFrancover 1 year ago

The first series was enjoyable but I had to stop reading this when the cop started to follow him. I hate the “innocent person is pursued by authorities” genre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A much more vanilla section. Definitely preferred

More of this please <3

dwardfdwardfabout 1 year ago

Five stars and on to Chapter Two of A Shepherd in France…

jadbronsjadbronsabout 1 year ago

I've now read the first two Ben Shepard sagas with great interest. I think you, BurntRedstone, are a literary kindred spirit of John D. MacDonald and that Ben is a close cousin of his Travis McGee, albeit one with a somewhat more graphic love life. Both are heroic ladies men.

RanDog025RanDog02511 months ago

Excellent story, even the second time around. I love the works of this Author. One of the best here at Literotica. You can go through 30 to 40 stories before you find one worth reading but every story by this Author is 5 STAR material. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

French justice system assumes innocent unless proven guilty, just like any law code based on Roman law. This is just a basic human right. Licentia poetica has it’s limits.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Another great story and happy ending. Enought intrigue and excitement (well told, too!) to keep the anticipation going and the desire to "nit put it down until its done"! Thank you and on to the next episode!

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot9 months ago

BurntRedstone, I salute you! Your way with words is a treasure. I have made a few comments on your writing in the 'Ashburn Court' part of this series, but now I'm compelled to celebrate 🎉 your skill in painting the picture of the scenery and the action in such a superb manner. While I have not been to Paris, I have lived in continental Europe (for 9 years -- Spain and Germany). I have been on the Rhine from Frankfurt through the Taunus mountains. I've been to such romantic spots as Old Madrid, Florence, Rome, and Heidelberg (including 'The Student Prince' performed in the castle, and many other romantic settings. You descriptions put my mind into Paris almost as if I was there.

Thank you.

SouthdownSouthdown8 months ago

What a magnificent story I have never enjoyed reading anything so much. Thank You 5****+. This is what a story should be and it provoked almost every emotion in me from memories of travels to Europe which has brought joy to an old man's heart. I thought I had read some good stories on this site previously but they ALL pale in comparison. GREAT JOB!

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

My favorite series of my favorite Character by my favorite Author! This time around? YES, another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith7 months ago

... a Shepard with family in Paris, wow! -- this was another BurntRedstone treasure, ... ;-) ttfn

StewarttrigStewarttrig3 months ago

Again a wonderful story is unfolding. I would wish only that the editing would have picked up grammatical errors and misspellings. The only reason I give it a four instead of a five

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Unbelievable. If all the erotic parts were censored the word count and chapters would be halved. But where's the fun in that? With a slight twist in the plot this Shepard would be 'American Gigalo'...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9846 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES