All Comments on 'A Traditional Swim Ch. 14'

by HStoner

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

A nice continuation. Thanks!

Red48beardRed48beardalmost 9 years ago
great story

liked the continuation, florida geography compressed, but everyone does it... i have noticed a problem on this site with waive/wave being confused.... fishermen wave not waive? got a five, love the story, got the meaning around the typo

need more story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Grammar Police!...

Waive, wave; there, their, they're; to, too...TOO MUCH! It's our modern technology making us lazy that does it: spell-checker can only do so much, and it CAN'T tell if an otherwise correctly spelled word fits the syntax or not. Enjoy the story, but don't complain when the proofreader (that is, if there IS one...) misses a slip-up here and there. It's not like the writers are getting paid high wages for their stories.

This all pretty much started in the 1960's when schools started teaching "New Math", "self-esteem" vs learning to deal with the occasional (and inevitable) failure, and other such non-sense, but they forgot to keep a good grounding in basic grammar and arithmetic...my sister was in 3rd grade when it started and to this day she can't balance her checkbook, but she STILL knows how to convert from base 5 to base 7 (doing so is SUCH a highly useful skill!...). Texting, with its trendy shortcuts doesn't help either, but then, texting would be even more inefficient without it (it takes a good 30 seconds to type what you can SAY in 5 seconds).

rodryder44rodryder44over 5 years ago
Traditional 14

A world that fucks, fucks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHStoner@HStoner
2402 Followers
Midwestern professional and rank amateur writer.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES