All Comments on 'Journey's End in Lovers Parting'

by potsherd22

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Oops

This is more of an oops story than anything. Not bad, not erotic or a morality play. More of a story about common sense and gun safety.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
PRIDE GOES BEFORE THE FALL

and I like your Pink Floyd reference, TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Hmmm...

Oh well, shit happens.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 9 years ago
Actually quite good.......

Very well written although too short for my taste. More like a snippet of a story than a full course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I like the fatalistic quality of this piece....

...How the outraged, cuckolded husband confronts the prick in the early hours.

What leaves me cold here, is that he did not also plunge a 14" carving knife into the cause of his grief....his wife. It was her actions that constituted her betrayal the dandy was just tempting candy. Deserving of some form of punishment, but wifey was the traitor.

Why do people transfer their hurt, anger and frustration to the paramour? Apparently, in a smaller portion of the cases, they put blame squarely on the offender, only blow back on the co-conspirator.

I was especially fond of a Midwestern woman that upon discovering her husband's affair, quickly learned the identity of his interest, but ran him over (11 times, I note here) on the sidewalk of their medium-sized town. The girl....also enjoyed extensive damage from a related incident.....but was left alive to experience the suffering of her extensive injuries for her knowing participation. Hubby lived about a week before failing from the extensive injuries. Wifey's punishment? Aggravated vehicular manslaughter and vehicular assault with intent to do great bodily harm. The defense was masterful, but she did do hard time. Over she slept better nights, knowing the cause of her distress and a cooperating criminal were dully punished for their crimes.

Sadly, in this world, the criminal behavior that brings about vengefulness is usually ignored for the sake of prosecuting the wronged vengeance-taker for their vengeance. If recompense for betrayal is non-lethal, it should be devastating, permanent, and allowed as justice for the wrong done. Used to be, a duel at dawn and a wife put away were honored. Ahhhh, we've sunk so low.

I wonder, if in society, proving infidelity included the right to exact terrible revenge might not prevent some of the most hurtful and damaging betrayal.....hmmm.

That might be an interesting basis for an alternate reality story....hmmmmmm.

Anyway, thanks......it was a near miss for me. He should have burned down the house, with her in it knife sticking out of her dead heart, as he left to take care of the curly-haired randy dandy.

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Fuck Pride!

He's screwed anyway, but why let his daughter think that he's a cold-blooded murderer?

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 9 years ago
fuck pride

he was fucking stupid. He should have killed the whore first. And why call the cops. No prints, no evidence, no crime.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
2*s

This could have been the beginning of a story.

Instead this is just a fragment ,a little shard lol. It would have been interesting and entertaining to read as the legal system in England worked. Potsherd you could have developed Beatrice and her husband, their emotional connections. Your story would have been longer but have much greater impact.

Very disappointed by a talented writer. Earned 2*s. A missed opportunity!! So sad!

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Screw Pride

Enjoyed it but the hell with pride. The vengeful actions prove to be too self-destructive. Agree with earlier comment, take the anger out on the wife. Make her disappear & get on with one's life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This feels like 1/2 of a story

No confrontation with the wife. She's going to get off scott-free and retain all the marital assets. Lover boy is dead. But the husband is going to prison for the remainder of his life. That seems like a terrible outcome. It would have been nice to know what happened.

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
He was double fucked...

He was double fucked...First he was fucked by his wife, then he fucked himself...The lover was gone!!! And the Cheating wife free to get all thier married possessions and go on living and whoring herself laughing of her stupid husband in jail...

gdjohn52gdjohn52almost 9 years ago

He should have had 2 bullets, 1 for the wife as well ,

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 9 years ago

Hey up, he was a tax inspector. No need for physical attack when a financial attack would have worked just as well. Surely something could have been found to wreck the lover's life.

mike9698mike9698almost 9 years ago
didnt like it

look im not sure what the laws in england are but in the USA he would be going to jail even if he hadnt shot him. showing up at someone's home and threatening them with a gun is a felony. plus i believe englands gun laws are much more harsh than ours are. why waste the rest of your life over some slut that doesnt love you. divorce the whore and make it as public and as embarrassing as he can.then just move on. dont waste your life over some bitch, and if you do want to hurt somebody at least try to get away with it.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Damned fool

Once he realized he'd killed the man, he might as well have have rushed home and done his wife as well before turning himself in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A Man Has Some Pride

" Nothing in this world will make me admit that the whole thing was an accident, and that I did not know that there was a bullet up the spout. A man has some pride."

A bit inflexible perhaps, but certainly not lacking in pride. One could say that killing his wife's lover was an act of species hygiene.

bigdnc13bigdnc13almost 9 years ago
Ending?

This really could use a second chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Follow-up Please!

This begs a second/third chapter!

retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
***

Arseluk is up shit creek without a paddle. Do the crime - do the time! Cheers!

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 9 years ago
5* story.

Very true to life, very plausible,

In the UK he would probably be charged with murder and get a mandatory life term. Though life in the UK would probably mean 18 to 20 years.

But! A good lawyer might be able to get him off with manslaughter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well , would love to see a continuation of this story!

Wow , now that was a hard turn, it could really happen to guy who s wife did that to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This reminds me of a Frenchman's response to an American husband seeking sympathy for getting caught in adultery.

The equivalent American's response would be: Shooting your wife's lover, that is American. Getting caught, that is British.

Wife might not care she lost husband and marriage, but the expense of his legal defense might well impoverish the slut. Yeah, I know, the definition of a poor woman is a woman who's pussy, mouth, and asshole don't function. So this slut won't be poor for long. Of course if most LW authors are to be believed, middle-aged British pussy is pretty plentiful, and cheap.

But really, they're British. The only surprises are that he didn't accept his cuckolding like his cohorts, and that he knew how a gun works.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
is there a SECOND paragraph to this story?

just wondering

LadyVerLadyVeralmost 9 years ago
Lovely LW story

Will be interested in reading the continuation. You can't leave your readers hanging. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sharing your wife is the better way to go about this.

So you get all the bills and her lover gets all the loving, but at least you don't get to spend the rest of your life in prison and get reamed up the butt every night.

Ok, that's prolly not the best way. The best way is to just walk away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
if you listen...

you can hear your cowardice & regret roar at you in your silent moments, But this man, may be locked up & the key thrown away,

but he will never, & i mean never feel shame, or guilt for his soul,

in fact his willful surrender shows he is a man of immense courage & strength who would not let his wife's corrosive behavior, tarnish his self respect or demean him.

People have been molded into drones of mindless sheep at the teat of false security, we have been made dependent like a cocaine addict to the comforts & safety of society, we have been deluded By law & Govt that life can be safe.

Life is Fickle, No matter who you are..

all of the kings Guard,

& all of the Kings men,

on the eve of the 31st,

in the 8th month of 19-97,

could not save, Princess Diana,

From Her Fiery End!

Our hero may spend his day in the slammer, for those are the rules of society,

But where it really matters, in his heart, in his mind

He will be Free'er than you and i,

for he will not feel shame or guilt when he looks into a mirror,

he will only feel freedom even though he resides in a cage.

sdc97230sdc97230about 8 years ago
At this point he might as well take the fall for murder

Because nobody is ever going to believe "It was an accident and I didn't know it was loaded."

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Loss

He will lose his freedom but his self respect will be intact. His wife however, lost the piece of shit lover and husband and probably her daughter but hey she will have a few STDs to remind her of her selfishness.

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
Neat story

But, if by chance you were that tax inspector from Nottingham who helped with a big problem some thirty years or so ago, then you (or 'him') have my sympathy.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I liked it.

Something different from the usual fare. That was fun!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Oops

Accidents happen. Always check your chamber after.mag extraction. I agree that he is screwed, and should have one for the bitch.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

Pretty good but we never heard anything from the wife. Why did she do it, how did it start? What was her reaction when she heard what had happened? Part 2 from her perspective?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He should have noticed when he racked the slide back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

this writer writes like by the numbers... almost as if a child is just learning prose!

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Well other than appealing to the small dicked cuckservatives with their manhood replacing fetish, this shouldnt appeal to anyone with any type of intelligence.

I'd call it dumber than shit but it would make shit feel better about itself. And I dont want that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous