All Comments on 'At The Cabin'

by serenamoondream

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
MichelMabelleMichelMabellealmost 9 years ago
There were some things...

that I really enjoyed about this story. The heat was a turn on. Obviously, they cared for each other. The aftercare was a nice touch.

Things that bothered me included: 1) This was their first time with BDSM, and the only introduction was "Do you trust me"? That's a little much. 2) All of that was "hidden" in plain sight in the corner of a room? Really? 3) If you got an editor to clean this up (check your tenses, a few spelling errors, wrong words used a few times, etc.), you'd have a really decent story.

I wanted to give you a 5, but I'm sort of a stickler for grammar and spelling. All things considered, the story is HOT, and I'd read more from you.

serenamoondreamserenamoondreamalmost 9 years agoAuthor
RE: There were some things...

Dear MichelMabelle, thank you for taking time and writing me a detailed comment. I really appreciate it.You are absolutely right about my grammar and spelling. I made a couple of mistakes.

1) It was her first time but obviously not his. It is also very clear that they had a couple dates before, so the reader might assume that they talked about BDSM before and "Do you trust me" might have been just a kind of catch phrase that they remembered from the conversation they had. With this I just wanted to stress the level of intimacy they have.

2) Not every room is a clear cut square. When you enter a large room, that is furnished, and full of things, are you aware of everything? Even more so when you have your first get away with someone that you just started dating. Aren't you rather focused on that person rather than every badly lighted corner of a large room?

My aim as a writer is to stimulate my readers imagination rather than force feed them every detail. To make them wonder and think. I'm writing fiction. Fiction is not reality. My main concerns are emotions not practical facts.

I'm really happy you like my story. Thank you again for your feedback, I will take your advice and send my stories to an editor.

BobossweetnessfreakBobossweetnessfreakover 6 years ago
In reply to At The Cabin

I agree with the comment that MichaelMabelle made about it being "hidden" in a dark corner. She got there before he did. Now if that were me, I'd be exploring my surroundings while I waited for him to get there. And YES that includes dark corners. I could see her missing it if he arrived within seconds of her but otherwise, to not have checked out a dark corner, would never happen with me. What can I say....I'm nosy and check my surroundings to make sure I am safe. As for grammar and spelling, I noticed it too. But then I was an English major so I tend to notice those things. I too, would've given it a 5 but for that. A 5 also means there's no room for improvement. Good story though. Wish it had lasted longer. Hoping part 2 does.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not every part was for me but I loved this and you deserve an award for the line “I orgasmed like a volcano”

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous