All Comments on 'Naked Beneath'

by lovecraft68

Sort by:
  • 171 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
you rock

The true meaning of a "hard man" loyal to a fault and never take shit from anyone

someone is looking out for you and yours

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Award Winning

Even if this story is not the "Nude Day Contest" winner (which it should be) it is still award winning !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
God blessed both of you.....

I watched my wife die in the ICU 9 years ago. and cried the whole time I was reading your story. She was my rock too, but we could not save her. Your story took me back there with all the pain, anger, fears, and frustration you had. I am so happy for you two, and hope you have many more years of being each other's rock. MCS Ohio

RasmatRasmatalmost 9 years ago
Not exactly what I expected or was looking for as a first read this morning.

A gut-wrenchingly honest portrayal of love in the face of overwhelming adversity. An inspiration to most men who, like me, have built a thick tall wall around any part of us that might be seen as less than "manly" by others who don't really count for shit in the bigger picture.

An absolutely beautiful story. Thank you. I will share it many times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What a wonderfully offbeat approach

To 'naked'. Thank you. Five big gold stars!

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 9 years ago
Awesome story

...of faith, lovecraft.

...and I do mean yours, whether you conscioisly realize it yet or not.

...from a fellow traveler of hard roads.

- GrandPaM

SaucyminxSaucyminxalmost 9 years ago
Naked and beautiful

I am truly humbled by this piece of writing LC. You know I want to bust your balls for the couple little typos because I'm me, but I can't. You managed to capture both a personal journey and a love letter in one story.

Congratulations, this is something very special.

PS, You ruined my mascara, damn it!

TerrytheTravelerTerrytheTraveleralmost 9 years ago
Thank you

Though I haven't thrown a punch in anger since first grade, I'm going through the end game with my wife's Alzheimer's at this time and it's hard to hold it together through every event. Thanks for this story which touched my heart many times throughout.

legerdemerlegerdemeralmost 9 years ago
Naked through and through

Well, LC, you outdid yourself in all ways imaginable. Your story left me speechless with its nakedness. I feel honored that you shared it, and I hope the writing of it served as the catharsis you were at least partially looking for. My very best wishes to you and your wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
It is difficult to express . . .

just how marvelous this story is. Extraordinary emotional impact. Thank you.

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Well

that's a 5! Nice job, so sorry for your troubles, but your writing about them was divine.

mcollectmcollectalmost 9 years ago
Wow

I have been reading on this site for years and this by far the best story I have read here or anywhere. I have done cancer research for all my life and your story rings true.

warrenmwarrenmalmost 9 years ago
WOW

This story hits home for me. I don't know if I would have the strength to do that. It touched my heart and I thank you. The best I have read. Thanks.

Warren

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fact or Fiction.......

Does it matter? ( Personally I would like to think fact )

Either one, it still had me, a 64 year old male in tears.

An inspirational, extremely well crafted story.

My thanks to you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
How could anyone give this story less than a five star review?

A lurker on Literotica for years, I have never been prompted to enter a comment until now. This is not just a story, this is literature. Whether it's fact or fiction, it is the most moving piece of writing I have read in my 65 years - and I'm a English major!

Thank you for sharing this with us - me - ... I am a better person for having read it.

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakualmost 9 years ago
Naked awe

At both your writing prowess and at your strength to have shown that pitcher who really is the boss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Distracting

Please get an editor. Your grammatical errors are distracting. Learn the rules of punctuating dialog, comma usage, and sentence construction. Your content is good, and you tell a strong story, but the constant errors make it difficult to focus on the message vs. the delivery.

DanceswithWargsDanceswithWargsalmost 9 years ago

I wish I could give this six stars.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
As others have said, "Wow."

A miracle they both made it through. Did not expect to find a story like this today. I just finished "Tell My Sons" on iBook store which is the story of Lt. Colonel Mark Weber who fought stage four cancer for two years before it killed him. Then tonight unexpectedly finding this account. Especially appreciate the CSNY reference at the end. Heavy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Grief

The emotion of grief is so hard to carry yet you did it so well

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Moving

Beautiful. Grammar and punctuation are horrendous but it doesn't matter, because the story...sigh. Thank you for sharing this. I'm so glad you both made it through - and to a better place even.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you

This has been one of the best stories i have ever read here. thanks for bearing your life and all your exoeriences with us. Its really made me take a closer look at my life and i am also grateful for all the shit i've been through.

niestarniestaralmost 9 years ago
Thank you

Thanks so much for sharing this with us.your family went through a hard time.I pray your wife will get better .Gob bless.all the best wishes.thank you again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Been there

Unfortunately without the wonderful outcome.

Yet I know the feeling.

Tank you for sharing this miracle.

bearsladybearsladyalmost 9 years ago

I did something I've never done with a story on here before....I wept. The naked emotions that come through your writing grabbed me by the throat and heart. It's rare for a couple to find, recognize and treasure the kind of relationship you and your wife have. And now you know where the strength comes from to be the Rock...a place of deep love. I hope (such an insipid word for what I mean) that you and your wife have many happy, loving years together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well ........

I guess I couldn't think of a title. All I can say is, that was awesome.

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckalmost 9 years ago
Bravo!

Thanks LC. Mrs. LC is a beautiful person through and through. And you're not so bad either. I'm so glad for the happy ending. Thanks for posting this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WOW

Thank you

litfan10litfan10almost 9 years ago
the most naked imaginable

Tears, Buddy. You gave me tears. The bravest thing? Writing this and sharing it with us. We are the blessed ones for being able to read this and know both of you.

Stay well and loved, both of you....Namaste

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
naked

A true love story. Very well done. God speed.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 9 years ago
Outstanding

I found this just in time. Outstanding read. Thank you.

KethandraKethandraalmost 9 years ago
You made me cry

I didn't really want to like it, Dog, since it wasn't even trying to be erotica. But it is beautifully told, naked vulnerability. You push the bounds of the Nude Day theme with a remarkable, touching entry..

LadyVerLadyVeralmost 9 years ago
Nicely done

Dammit, next time let me edit. :) I voted a 5. As you know, I wasn't keen to your idea of writing such a personal story, but it was your story, and you did well. Cancer sucks, and it makes you face your deepest fears and deal with things that seem almost impossible to deal with, physically and mentally. I'm glad that the NIH was accessible to your wife and that she had you to fight for her. xo

CyranoJCyranoJalmost 9 years ago
Very moving.

I'm glad you were able to get this ordeal out in written form... and glad there was ultimately a good outcome for you two. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
this wrecked me

hey lovecraft thanks for reducing me to a blubbering pile of jello.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Jesus fuck

Not the kind of story I came to the site to read, but damn if it didn't make me tear up a bit. I'm at a loss for words to describe how powerful your story was.

Damn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Thank you for sharing that most personal story with us. Completely not what i was expecting, but it drew me in and held me to the end. Beautifully written. I'm so glad for your happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Blessed Indeed !!

The lovlieness and determination are wonderful. Congratulations, "Gramps"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow...

Your stories all carry an impressive level of feeling, but this one went above and beyond. Thank you for sharing this piece of yourself with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a fucking joke!

First off, where the fuck did you learn to write and can you so get your money back? I've read stronger prose by my eleventh graders. Learn to writs and get an editor. Secondly, as a cancer survivor, I hate stories written by family members. You weren't the victim, asshat, your wife was!

LevanaHyllLevanaHyllover 8 years ago
Beautiful story/5 stars

To anonymous who wrote "Fucking joke": you are a fucking joke. I am also a cancer survivor and our families and loved ones go through worse pain than we do wondering if we'll make it through. You are a cruel insensitive prick. Rude and crude does not begin to cover your horrific comment. Although it is your ridiculous opinion, in this case those types of destructive and derogative words/opinions was best kept to yourself. Where the hell do you get off telling someone someone who went through the traumatic experience of almost losing the person they love that they weren't a victim? You must live a very lonely life (and it's no wonder) and perhaps no one might've shed a tear had you up and died, but that's no reason to tell the writer of this piece all those nasty words. And before you tell someone they can't "writs", perhaps you should learn to "writs" yourself. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good Story

good story

it has both romance and emotions

good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Added

comments ... It is 'US', the survivors of the contest I saw you write about, not just the 'victims' of, and in, our relationships. You covered it well, and from ... shall we say, many points of view.

As a fantasy-fictional story, it is far from the quality of many of your other works. As a XXX-fictional story, it is only 3-1/2 *. But, as a romantic semi-fictional story, it shows how well you can transfer feelings onto paper, 4+ *, and maybe almost 5.

Keep writing!

DreamingBirdDreamingBirdover 8 years ago
Apology - I pressed 1 star when I meant 5... So sorry, I'm a first timer :)

This was such a moving and wonderful telling of the love and care between two people... Love sometimes demands endurance beyond anything we think is possible, but if you love someone, somehow you do what you need to do, for as long as you need to do it - and I'm so glad the story ended in a celebration :) all the best and thank you

ps I pretty well cried through the whole thing! So need to go and find something silly and frivolous, or a stiff drink...

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 8 years ago
Great !!!

Great story. Three years ago I too was a walking pile of total out of my mind nervous shit as I paced back and forth in a too small waiting room at Houstons Memorial Herman Hospital as one of the two most important women in my world (my wife) underwent surgery for an extremly rare Cancer and at this exact time my only sister was also undergoing surgery for Uterine Cancer 2000 miles away in NYC.

So I have walked a mile in your shoes. !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
pure trash

sorry, I understand all of you love this shit. but it's just that, shit. have a 1 star on me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A+

I feel you. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love is a Blessing!

You can do all things through God! Without Him you wouldn't have her! With your writing you are truly bless!

HereWeDivideHereWeDivideover 8 years ago
Incredibly Powerful

That was one of the most intense reads I've ever come across. Best of all, that anonymous loser who gave this 1 star and called it 'shit'...looks like Mr Bentley found this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"*anonymous" really is pure trash

I'm 83.It only took me a month to lose my wife, but I was able to go home every night, and she was coherent but not mobile. I only used 7 tissues while reading this wonderful story. Please keep writing. I like your happier stories too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Almost

I almost cried. Just like when Ol' Yeller died.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Almost my ass

No bones about it, I cried. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

Best work you have ever done. I cried, Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Excellent!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
a friendly comment

Beautiful story almost made me cry, I have never had love like you had, but hope to my woman's strength and happiness as she is mine.

Also it seems that our way of thinking is very similar in many ways so i chuckled at a couple of your inner thought moment being that I would have probably had the same tought. All by all, If this is real or I am just really naive, I wish you 2 many more loving and happy moments.

Much admiration

Peter

P.s.

I have never wrote a comment before on a story and probably have read around a hundred stories. So my apologies if it's to cheesy or weird. This story is special to me so I am going all out.

Bradp1974Bradp1974over 8 years ago
Wow!

I think this is probably the most powerful story I've read here on the site. Outstanding. Not many authors can make you feel these kind of emotions. Love, despair, relief, all in one. Very powerful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow

Raw, beautiful, deep, authentic and testament to what people can do when they truly love.

All the best to you and your wife. I sincerely wish you a long and happy life together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
just wow

Amazing story beautifully penned hats off to u

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 8 years ago

Very nicely done. Raw and honest, but without ever trailing into sickeningly sweet. It's easy in these kinds of stories, especially when they are personal, to take the easy path of melodrama, to milk, if you will, but this story stayed above that and kept a congruent, authentic voice. It was a beautiful piece. Not easy to write or pull off. One of your best.

sexydad50sexydad50almost 8 years ago
Truly Love!

Wow, what a beautiful story. So glad you Both made it through!

Love, truly love!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Literotica

The clue is in the name.

Nothing erotica at all with this story.

Not bad but definitely on the wrong site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you for sharing with us this inspiring story. A love that stays true through the difficulties Life throws us.

Handley_PageHandley_Pagealmost 8 years ago
Almost like a diary.

Damned good

My wife wasn't so lucky; the cancer took her.

Your descriptions of rage are exactly as mine were.

The pain and pure discomfort of cancer (not to say acute pain) are exactly as I felt it when I had it (in the throat).

It's a damned real experience and I think you might slightly edit the text (mostly about the long treck home) and let it be seen by some cancer charity as encouragement to fellow sufferers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for putting into words the reality of surgery and the recovery.

You helped me see it from the other side of the bed and understand what my family went through. Now I know how hard on them it was.

Dave_from_OzDave_from_Ozover 7 years ago
Had a full box of tissues when I started reading...

Totally engaging. Resonated truly for both characters, their beliefs and their strengths... extremely well written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
found this one hard to read

as it brought back too many sad memories so stopped half way through

WSteven1WSteven1over 7 years ago
Fantastic!!!!

All I can say it that it, and YOU, are fantastic! Reminded me of some of my toughest times in life and how much one's Faith, or definition thereof, is ESSENTIAL in pulling one through those times!!!!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
I have no words...

I really do not have the words to describe what I felt when I read this story. My wife also has health problems, her knees are broken, her spine is damaged, and now she's worried (we're worried) about a lump she has. She is afraid of what her gynecologist is going to tell her in the visit we have arranged. I know it's not the same as a diagnosed cancer, but there is a family history ...

I think this story will give me a way to continue with my wife, and hope for the future, if the worst comes finally (for God's sake, I hope it does not happen).

As for having faith, I must say that I believe in God, but not in men.

When I was a teenager, a guy from India gave me what I think was my best religion lesson, he told me that "No matter what religion you profess, God is always the same, just change the name given to it and Way you are worshiped. " And he was a 15 year old boy!

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I can relate.

Five of my immediate family have had renal cancer. Mother, six months, one brother four years and then lungs, one brother survived, one nephew at forty nine after surviving an operation at thirty six, and another nephew holding on. We are familiar with NIH and agree that they are generous and giving people. Thank for the article ever though it was tough to read in parts.

phoenix23ninjaphoenix23ninjaabout 7 years ago
Wow

Ye another 5* story from LC68

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WoW!

May you have many long and Happy years together!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bloody Good

A damned good tale, well-told and very 'real' (some of your events are very close to similar events in my life).

Thank you

HP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Heart

You knoy, dear LOVEcraft68, i enjoy Literotica because'no matter english is not my language, here i could read and uderstand 95%, AND is...sexy. BUT, you, my dear , make me cry on this 4 pages, and i must thank you...You have a big heart, my dear, you are `blessed' with an angel wife. I don't want to hear about life problems' BUT i know life is not always a happy story. From your stories, i see your mind, it's beatiful and still young...I can keep this all day long' but it's not the place. PLEASE, from time to time, bring another story like this...We love your stories, my dear, we always do. G.M. mihalkaghitza@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Best story I have read in years

Your devotion to your wife was a joy to read, she sounds like someone you could never replace. I hope we get more stories of you and the wife's life, and I hope neither of you have to live through something like this again. Blessed is what you both are, but I'm glad you had the toughness to carry her when she needed you. Thank you again

ctoeluvr69ctoeluvr69over 6 years ago
CURRENTLY TEARING UP!!

An amazing, completely loving story. By the end of the story, I had tears of joy for you and your wife… but also tears of pain. We just lost my mom's brother-in-law to a very aggresive brain cancer this morning. Also, there is another family member (my cousin's daughter, on my dad's side) that is currently fighting a loosing battle with cancer; she wasn't supposed to make it to summer, and it's now day by day. I envy your strength. I know what it's like to loose family. I lost both grandmothers when I was in high school, 6 months apart, one to brain cancer (2 wks b4 xmas & 2 days b4 my bday). I could go on, but I won't right now. Hope all is quiet on The Big 'C' front with the family.

KUDOS on this piece & stay strong!

jme51usajme51usaover 6 years ago
Pray For Daily Happiness.

Thank U for your story. I was not so tough thru my wife's battle with breast cancer. I lost her after 5 yrs. I am working thru my regrets one day at a time but wish I had just one more day with Donna. Again thanks for the story.

HillfrogHillfrogover 6 years ago
A work of love and life... and all that entails

Well shared, Sir. Thank you.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 6 years ago
been there

my late wife had open heart surgery at age of 46 & left handicapped . she kept telling the idiot of the pain in her thigh . after she got home I had to watch her suffer with the pain & 10 days later the femoral artery exspoled sending blood to the ceiling . after the doctor fixed it where no one else hear he said he made a mistake. the leg from the pressure that built up was dead as far as walking goes. had to lock her knee to walk .

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 6 years ago
Heart felt thanks for sharing

Love this story, like the way you shared this story, five stars does not even begin to, get to the reward you should have in my opinion. A first class demonstration of love, and romance in my opinion. Been there, done that, the pitcher won, now I have the rest of what remains, to figure out how to hurt him bad,because I am a bad ass son.

NorthPacific

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I didn’t like it. I read stories here to be entertained. Being depressed is not entertaining. And neither are baseball analogies about cancer. That’s just my opinion, like it or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow!

Just Wow! I thoroughly appreciated this story of love. I'm reminded of what my sister - in - law went through when my brother had Lymphoma. (He didn't make it.) She was there for him in every possible way.

Your story, sir, is a celebration of love and life.

mature_neophytemature_neophyteabout 6 years ago
Too much, but brilliant....

For personnel reasons I couldn't read it all, but the bits I manages were enough for a 5* rating!!

JasonClearwaterJasonClearwateralmost 6 years ago

Painful to read, and beautiful in its sincerity. You're both very lucky to have each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Sorry, but I bailed before I got to the end of the first page. Reading a litany of the ravages of cancer just ain’t my idea of entertainment.

Kojak01Kojak01almost 6 years ago
Damn that was intense.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

A very beautiful story about two people completely in LOVE and a rock for each other. Thank you for telling us about your experiences, an inspiration to any of us who come upon hard problems and feel we can not carry on. THANK YOU.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is worth a hell of a lot more then 5 stars. Thank you for sharing!!! The two of you show what a REAL marriage is and there are very few of them.

englishnospeakenglishnospeakover 5 years ago
Meh

I don't want to be rude but I really cannot stand sob stories on an erotica website. I can't get past page 1 for fuck's sake. Can't even be bothered to find out what makes this an incest story.. is it between father/daughter? husband/sister-in-law? I don't even care. Sob stories are a huge motherfucking turn off

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful

You have a way with words, and this beautiful offering is an homage to your love. I enjoyed every bit of it. It will be something to revisit when I find I need inspiration. We don't want to be tested, but should my turn at bat ever come, I hope to hit it out the ballpark as well as you did. Thank you. TJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Most romantic story on the site

Best of the best

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Speechless

This is a story of belief and will. People who say that this is a sob story should think about the lit part and not the erotica part.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 5 years ago
Wish I could give six stars

Love is the strongest thing on earth.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 5 years ago
Incredible

I loved every bit of it. The self-depricating sarcasm was pure art.

This is Not a sob story.

It's about pain, and you sir, are a Master!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is the reason I read your stuff.

I have purchased almost all your work before I found you here. So glad to have read this story today.

I am not a fan of taboo erotica, and originally hooked into your milf stuff. What remains throughout is your heart. I think anyone who has gone through the big C should read this syory, but not all of us won this battle. Still the level of pAssion and compassion is real.

Rickbogaert@comcast.net

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great

Damn near cried through the whole story. You sir, are a great teller of stories be them fact or fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Wonderful story... so much better than the run-of-the-mill “jerk off bait” material that comprises most of Literotica’s holdings. While I’m an agnostic at best, I do draw a correlation between your believing “in powers beyond us” and believing in a God or gods. Neither are based on a surfeit of logic or physical evidence, but at times we all reach out for support from the unknown and unknowable to help shoulder our burden. One of the things that helps us deal with our human shortcomings, I suppose. Excellent work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
From the mouth of babes...

What a wonderful fantastic job of writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful writing.

You bastard! I'm tough, I cried. Tears down my cheeks. You bastard!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlovecraft68@lovecraft68
22265 Followers
My Patreon is only one tier and an affordable $5. If you even want to sign up for just one month, and consider it a form of a tip, its greatly appreciated. Posting some sneak peeks of upcoming stories. If you want to see them before anyone else, sign up to be a Patreon suppo...

SIMILAR Stories