All Comments on 'A Torch to Fire the Earth'

by BlueLegume

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Good story

Good story. My only complaint is that it takes place in a vacuum of background information. Without knowledge of the world that the story is set in a lot of the action is just isolated vignettes of mayhem. A bare bones description of the world of the story would help. Who the major players are, some history of how they got to be major players and exactly what aims they have. Apparently most of the female characters are bi, is this normal or something that has to be at least semi hidden? The use of the name Alaska and the reference to rockets seems to set the story in north America after some sort of catastrophic happening that kicked civilization back to a medieval level, but without more information that is pure speculation based on hints. I would have liked more character development by way of keeping to a much more limited time frame so that Cat's training would be explored. But then that would just be something I personally would find interesting. Overall a good but disjointed story.

BlueLegumeBlueLegumeover 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

I appreciate the feedback. And yes. You are right about all of those things. I will (honestly) note that each of the things you point out is intentional, but also note that this is not really an excuse for the fact that the story is...questionable, as a result.

I'm not completely satisfied, but I had fun writing it. I'm glad, at least, that it got you making guesses about the things I wanted you to be making guesses about. Sorry if you didn't find that process as entertaining as I had imagined it would be. =)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous