All Comments on 'Doctor Who: Panic Moon Ch. 35'

by Kurokami

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
Courier345Courier345almost 9 years ago

Nice, looking forward to seeing much more of Oswin, and Clara, you never fail to impress great stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Hey Kurokami, great chapter, I just have one suggestion and this is going to sound creepy as hell but this is emotionally traumatising for all the girls so wouldn't it make sense for at least one of them to have nightmares and maybe wet the bed, again, I know it sounds strange but from a mental stand point it makes sense and could certainly open some interesting doors.

Anyway loved the chapter and can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
K

Great chapter, can't wait for the twist you speak of in the title. I hope it's what I think it might be, but I don't think I should spoil what I'm thinking of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Has Sander got Boarderline Personality disorder?

Hey Kurokami, while reading your fanfic (which is great by the way), I've noticed that Sander is a bit...off. Hey, as a fellow fanfic writer I get it, you want the main antagonist to be super gritty and all that and Sander pulls it off perfectly, but there is something else about him. In the first book he's comes off as a deranged psycho but it's in this book where things become a bit more refined, and I think Sander has Boarderline Personality Disorder or BPD

To simplify it as much as I can, there are nine traits that people with BPD usually have, not everyone has all of them, but to qualify for BPD you must have at least five, Sander is rocking seven

The First Symptom is a pattern of intense or stormy relationships with family and loved ones. Well, most of his family are (presumably) dead, apart from his brother who runs the ovlian (I'm sorry I don't remember that guys name) and he didn't seem too happy knowing he was alive. Sander also has a rocky relationship to his team, although this is more at the fact that they escaped.

The second symptom is suicidal thoughts to others, himself, or both. This is one we can skip, unless you count going against the cyborg thing as suicide but I don't.

Symptom three is intense feelings of loneliness and boredom. Sander often can act quite distant towards loved ones (see number one) and he's often expressed "feeling bored" to Amy, Christina, Sally and Lorna.

The Four is intense and highly unpredictable mood swings. While multiple chapters demonstrate this, chapter sixteen is the best, showing how Sander went from one to one hundred at the mere mention of his wife, lashing out at both Amy and Christina.

Five is problems controlling anger, see number four.

Symptom six is stress related paranoid thoughts, this is the other one we can skip.

Seven is impulsive and dangerous behaviour. While maybe not impulsive Sander taking away the Doctors companions is definitely dangerous and Sander must be incredibly brave to do so, or incredibly stupid...

Extreme reactions to abandonment is number eight. The Doctor killing Elsa and his family(?) could be seen as abandoment but Sanders reaction is a bit (if not a lot) extreme.

Nine is distorted and unstable view of self. Sander knows that the Doctor has done good in the universe, acknowledges it even, yet despite all that, he still sees himself as jury, punishing the Doctor for his crimes against him, going as far as to maybe even see himself as a hero. Quite distorted of you ask me.

So, there you have it, Sander has BPD. I don't know if this is intentional or I'm just looking a bit too deep into this but either way, really interesting.

KurokamiKurokamiover 8 years agoAuthor
Regarding BPD....

Hi anon, thanks for commenting, especially one as lengthy and well thought out as yours: it's really flattering to see someone thinking about my writing that deeply.

Sander being mentally ill is definitely a thing, one that I intend to explore more deeply if I have the chance. I didn't go into the series with a specific diagnosis for him or anything, but I make no bones about the fact that he's not neurotypical, in a way that's highly detrimental to himself and others. He's, at least to me, a complicated guy, the culmination of a lot of different factors smashed together, but I think BPD is a pretty good diagnosis for him... not that I actually went out of my way to write those hallmarks into his character or anything.

We're getting to a point, though, where Sander can be examined a little more closely, and I'll definitely keep your words in mind for how I portray him in future.

Thanks again!

Kurokami

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Hey I loved the chapter, can't wait for the next one!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I hope the next chapter is coming out soon Kurokami, don't leave me in suspense like this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Hey Kuro, are you alright? We haven't seen you in a while, hope you're ok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Clara is a great addition.

Great chapter, that one. Clara is great but Amy is better.... Need more red šŸ˜

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
K

How are things? Could we get an update on whats going on? Even if it's nothing it would be nice to know

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

So this story, abandoned or extended hiatus?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I'm still keeping the faith with this series. Until the author says it's over, I'll still be checking for new chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Is it over?

I'll accept it if this story is abandoned. It had a great run and nothing lasts forever. I just wish the author would tell us that it's over, so we don't have to keep hoping for new chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Guys, calm down! There's been longer gaps between chapters before; life has probably just caught up with Kuro, that's all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
So how are you ?

Hello Kuro

So how are you going ?

I'm just checking if there is any progress for the next chapter.

I really dying to know what come next to our pretty girls. And i hope for Amy and Clara to be present by Sander in a torride and submitive scene ;)

Anyway i hope your okay and that the serie is still going fine.

You really did a great job.

So i guess i will read one of my favorite chapters to wait

SexyKatLadySexyKatLadyabout 8 years ago
Please please post more!

Hello. I've not really commented as I move on to new chapters rather quickly. Please please post more! Reading your stories is the highlight of my day. The suspense is killing me and obviously your other readers! Clara is my favorite companion and just when you bring her into the story I have to stop reading. Please please continue and soon! It's so fantastic! If these are ever published books or if you have any published, please tell me where I can get them! I even made my account here just for your stories! Huge fan! Not creepy or stalkerish, just a fan. Please please don't leave us hanging! Thanks for the amazing stories. šŸ˜Š

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Inching ever closer to a year without an update. I kept my faith for a long time, but I think this story is done. It had a good run.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

So it's been a year since this chapter was posted, and no update. This writer is officially done with this story, right?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Happy anniversary...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Has anyone heard anything from this author? Has he retired?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have to agree with the commenter a few chapters back. From the start, one thing that really bothered me about this story was how assault was treated like no big deal. All the horrifying, gross, dehumanizing things these women are put through, while their very existence has been erased elsewhere, and yet thereā€™s not much in the way of trauma. It was bad enough when it was just Amy, but now the other girls too. They somehow get turned on every time evert person assaults them. No act is too disgusting. Even being with dozens or hundreds of partners doesnā€™t effect their mental states. That none of them have attempted self-harm our of depression or spite, or just become catatonic is baffling. The closest we got was those two times in the first book. Amy snaps after being gang-raped, then is cured by being raped and beaten. She snaps at the end, but the story stops, and this never comes into play in the sequel. Sander, in my eyes, will never be redeemable. Heā€™s done things his victims will have to live with forever. I hate how he acts like he cares about their safety while literally doing things that could drive them to suicide. They have nothing. They are nothing. They will die as his whores, and no one will even mourn them or remember them as anything else. Amy will probably keep protecting him even then, keep falling for this sympathy act even as he destroys more and more women. I just wish this story would go the Redo Of Healer route. Shut Amy up somewhere, and let Sanderā€™s victims make him and the other crew members see what itā€™s like being brutalized.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous