All Comments on 'A New Dawn - the Prequel'

by HunterShambles

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
IF YOU NEVER MISSED TILL ITS GONE

what if you finally realize you missed IT. TK U MLJ LV NV

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
I'm honored

I'm honored that I was singled out for recognition, but several others apparently mentioned the need for more information as well. This story does set up what happened in the story though. It gave an insight not only into his actions but into the man himself. Power driven perfectionist with a decided lack of empathy, as well as limiting his self control only to work and even then to the barest extent possible. It makes the changes he went through even more dramatic and his ultimate redemption more meaningful. Thank you for adding a much needed base for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
No Incest please!

Try keeping it non-erotic till the end.

HunterShamblesHunterShamblesalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Mea Culpa

Thank you Anon. A simple mistake. The line, "Predictably he and Elizabeth finally agreed to split.." should have read, "Predictably he and Susan finally agreed to split..."

I'm sorry if this spoilt the story for you.

Hunter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
So when does the ghost of Christmas future appear?

He's forty-eight and independently wealthy. It will take him longer to lose the excess 20 pounds than it will take him to replace Rachel. And its not too late to make amends with Susan and Elizabeth, even if its just monetarily. Kind of low key morality play, with a predictable plot and uninteresting characters.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well done!

I enjoyed this prequel (and thanks to kjohns2001 for the suggestion about writing one). It does set up the Harry we meet in "A New Dawn" and ties in nicely with what happens in that story. My only suggestion is that the prequel could have been a bit longer - although complete, when I read this, I felt as though it was "rushed" - more like a synopsis rather than a fully fleshed out story. I guess I'm saying this because no character other than Harry was developed in this prequel. Not interested in more about Rachel, but would have enjoyed reading more about his coworkers such as Phillip Jenkins. It would have been interesting to read their viewpoints on Harry - before and after he sold and gave them a new boss, Dexter (bet that didn't make them happy at all - someone from outside).

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
£200m o £600m??

HunterShamblesHunterShamblesover 7 years agoAuthor
Again the money, is that all you want to talk about?

Thanks anon, I boobed again. Hopefully it didn't ruin the whole story. Should have fact checked that better.

FustZightFustZightabout 6 years ago
Details

Good story. I like the premiss and where chapter 1 is heading. However, mother and daughter keep swapping names, and 600,000 has now changed to 200,000. I could get confused. Perhaps you need a sheet of paper on which to write these details as they come up in the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous