All Comments on 'Better Advice, Better Marriage Ch. 01'

by pjhale121

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
balance

With everything that Mandy did in an attempt to destroy their marriage, she needed to suffer a little at the end. Instead they just ended the counseling sessions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Divorce the bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
truth in this

I was irritated by the game-playing politics on the first page, the stereotype of what 'all men' are, etc. When I got to the part that Mandy played in all this, I remembered reading in a newspaper precisely this sort of thing happening. A child molestation issue that was in fact false, but which a school teacher had reported to authorities because she was legally obliged to report so-called suspicious indications of molesting.

This story of yours begins to take on an air of perverse reality, the sort of hell that people can find themselves thrown into.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
That bitch needs to suffer and a realty check!

THat bitch Mandy needs to be shut down permanently! She needs to be fixed and made to pay for being an idiot!

pjhale121pjhale121almost 9 years agoAuthor
Feedback appreciated

Thanks for the comments and feedback. Yes, this really could be plucked from the pages of some real life news and it could easily end in divorce. But I'm hoping not. My premise in this first chapter is that good people sometimes get led too easily astray. Maybe a change of heart and some hot "reconciliation sex"?

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 9 years ago
Ok 1st chapter

But, not a complete chapter. It felt cut off at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Rape allegations have serious consequences

Rape allegations are super fucking serious. He said they showed up at his job? Employers don't appreciate that stuff. He could very possibly lose his job. And he's probably done helping with his sons team. Why have some volunteer who has the taint of rape allegations? They'll just find someone else. I'm not sure you have depicted how outraged a husband would be to accused of spousal rape when she basically acquiesced the whole time. I would have a very very hard time not only forgiving my wife for that. And how long has he known about the separate account? He seems very passive.

Reindeer58Reindeer58almost 9 years ago
Excellent 5*

Jon should tell Sue: "Bring me proof of the withdrawn 'rape' report, have no further contact with Mandy, then perhaps sometime in the next six months to a year I'll entertain sexual contact with you again. If I feel that you're going to reward something that I ordinarily would do for you, us with sex, then hire the job out and the six months to a year begins to toll again. If you absolutely need sex, pleasure yourself or have an affair. I cannot, will not, ever be accused again of having 'rape' sex with my own wife." Harsh? You bet, but Sue needs to understand the gravity of what she did to her husband and her children.

pjhale121pjhale121almost 9 years agoAuthor

@hindsight2020: Fair enough comment. Probably cut this part too short. Chapter 2 submitted.

@anonymous: Perhaps I didn't give him enough assertiveness; rape is a pretty serious charge. Love can make you do strange things.

@reindeer58: Thanks for the rating. You have some good thoughts about how Jon should respond. Maybe if Sue can, in fact, demonstrate a true change of heart, the marriage can be saved.

elling50elling50almost 9 years ago
Enjoyed

Enjoyed the story. The rape charge was a bit ekstreme, even for Mandy. She did have a chance to say no. But it made for an intetresting storyline.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
feminist ideology

According to feminist ideology all sex between men and women is rape, women are incapable of giving consent to have sex with men.

Rape allegations have serious and far reaching effects, which were only minimally touched on in this chapter.

In order to get his trust back she needs to go much farther.

Rape claims and all the pre-divorce preparations she had were a major betrayal of him and their marriage.

Putting a temporary hold on counseling with Mandy?

What kind of marriage counselor is she when her agenda is to get the woman divorced?

How about filing a complaint with her licensing organization?

That would show more commitment to Jon.

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyalmost 9 years ago
A really compelling read

I couldn't stop reading once I started. You're off to a good start.

I do agree with the sentiments that more needs to happen to Mandy for the reader to feel satisfied that she has been properly rewarded for what it seems like she tried to do. Just having Sue stop seeing her just doesn't seem like enough repercussion for her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Holy crap! After being accused of rape

why is he even TALKING to her any more? If he had even one working brain cell, he would be talking to a lawyer, and never again be alone with her.

I have been married 28 years, and if this were to happen to me, I would be gone. I'd have to leave, in order to protect even the shambles she already made of my life.

After one such complaint is already on file, wifey can put the screws to him anytime in the future with one more such complaint. Get mad and POW! Automatic TRO!

And the legal deck is SO stacked against a husband in such a case these days that his life would never recover from a second accusation. He has a small chance of keeping his ass out of jail right now, if he flees and NEVER talks to her again.

Oh, and were this to happen to me, I'd come home with a voice recorder, and tell my wife our conversation was being recorded. I'd have her state for record the time on the wall clock, and keep updating the time in her own voice periodically, so that no editing to the conversation had taken place. I'd have explained why I was leaving, and then left. I might be able to look past infidelity, but being accused of RAPE ?

The commandment is "thou shalt not bear false witness" precisely because falsely accusing someone of a heinous act IS the worst kind of lie you can tell. If there was ever a case of "irreconcilable differences," this is the poster child for it. Run, dude, and never look back.

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to seeing how the author deals with it. That I want to slap the husband in this story in no way detracts from the skill of the author. Yes, my blood pressure is up -- but that means I'm completely sucked into the story. So i say "Nice job so far, pjhale121!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

This has a real feel to it....I'm sure this has happened in a couple of marriages

northlandernorthlanderalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

A well written story of something that could easily happen in this world of political correctness, where there are people like Mandy who are listened to but not heard critically. I have absolutely no time for any sex offender, rape, sexual assault, or any like offence, and I will agree with most women that a certain comedian should be strung up by his balls for what he has apparently been doing for a long time. But we are seeing proceedings in court that should never make it there. They do because the police and prosecutors are handcuffed by the law. The pendulum has swung perhaps a little too far. I'll be interested to see what the author makes of this tale..

daveydumdumdaveydumdumalmost 9 years ago
Loving your descriptions

Lots of blather about why she is such a bitch and he is such a wimp but regardless of the motivations, your descriptions of the sex is hot: “Aligning his hips, he directs the tip of his cock to her opening, the head tapping lightly in her wetness as it wavers; she rocks her hips in greeting, dancing with her suitor, kissing him with her juices.”

I read your stories for descriptions like this.

maninconnmaninconnover 8 years ago
Very real

This is a great story, and is just dripping with the drama of an everyday relationship. Thanks for your story! I can't wait to see where it goes.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
This is no doubt a LW story....Not Romance...

This is no doubt a LW story....Not Romance...I'll wait for part 2 to rate it...very good until now...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The therapist has earned to get a bullet into her incompetent head.

But first she will get a good gangbang in a camp of aids breeding niggers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good children might get led astray, only stupid adults do.

Sue is an imbecile, but so is her husband. Why has he left his wife in the clutches of this man-hating bitch? He stopped going to the counseling sessions? They don't have in depth discussions about Mandy's advice? Jon doesn't seek alternate counseling, and maybe having Mandy investigated for malpractice?

Since your characters are too stupid to act in logical predictable ways, it makes the story unbelievable, and therefor unenjoyable. Hell, maybe Mandy will ask Jon over for a private counseling session, then after he leaves she gets herself beat up by a pro and files her own rapes charges against Jon. That'll show him!

I'm glad others think this story rings of real life. From my experience the only people who fuck their lives up this totally are those who deserve what their stupidity facilitates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
First hand experience

This story hit very close to home. Have experienced just such a counslor, and it almost cost us our marriage. Still working through the mess. Good story.

pjhale121pjhale121over 8 years agoAuthor
Rape accusations extreme

Many have commented on how extreme the rape accusation is. This is true but it happens. And the stupid advice she got from her “marriage counselor?” This, also unfortunately, can be true; I’ve seen it. (Although there are many good, honest and helpful counselors out there as well). And I’ve seen marriages where two people love each other and live together even though there is a huge issue between that is pushing them toward a divorce. Does any of this mean that the marriage is absolutely, inevitably headed for the dung heap? Maybe in the real world, but I wanted to imagine a fantasy where such broken people might yet find happiness together. And maybe there would be some hot sex along the way.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Nothing Romantic in this description of manipulation

and control.

And nothing entertaining in this sad diatribe on the way people can be convinced to betray their own marriage, home, family, and spouse.

No Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5

For a great portraial of the feelings and actions behind a witches brew such as this.

It should be required reading before any marriage takes place.

JounarJounarover 8 years ago
zero romance and brain dead characters

She wonders why her husband is ignoring her texts after she files a rape report against her husband with the police, just so as not to put Mandy in an awkward spot! I dunno, why could that be a big deal! Add to the fact this woman is squirreling money away on the sly and this marriage is done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very thought-provoking

Some serious points raised amid the words.

Personally, I'd have liked to see Mandy get hers for being a complete prat but. . . .

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Four out of five so far

Congrats. Great story. Four out of five so far. More comments at the end. Steve

pjhale121pjhale121over 8 years agoAuthor
Revised chapter posted

Many have commented on how unrealistic and incomplete this story is. I've tried to fix some of that by revising Ch 1 & 2 and (finally) submitting 3. I know it still leaves a lot to be desired from the standpoint of fixing the corner I painted myself into. I was trying to write a story of two people in love but who make mistakes, big ones, from which we can hope to see them recover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not just no. But "HELL NO"!

This is a sick, manipulative woman. The first thing he should have done, before moving back into the house, was wire the house for video and sound. His wife is a conniving bitch and he's heading for a divorce. There is no such thing as "squaring it" with the Police. Once that report is filed, it stays on file. So he has a huge problem with that. Next, his wife can't have her cake and eat it too. Hopefully he has been smart enough to document her "secret account" and that he has been keeping a daily journal of her behavior and his reactions. It's a given that he's going to lose the kids in the divorce, but he really wants to avoid the tag of rapist. He also needs to be looking for a job far, far away as he will need to start over once he divorces the bitch. Overall there are a lot of holes in this mess and I don't see how you can possibly rescue this trainwreck with another chapter.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 8 years ago
Sad

This is not my cup of tea. The wife is off the charts manipulative and he's a gutless sad sack.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
read all four, but.....

The problems are the pre-divorce preparations and the rape accusation as a divorce tactic.

Really those are the first salvo of a nuclear war not a reconciliation.

No way that it would end well, not with the police and district attorneys getting involved, which a felony sexual assault or rape accusation is going to guarantee to happen.

The story ends up ignoring the fallout from the major plot point.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

“Mandy said”, “Mandy said”! What is she a moron that can’t think for herself, she needs Mandy to think for her?

So Mandy has a “fledgling” counseling business; that means that she doesn’t have much experience and maybe isn’t very expert, so maybe she shouldn’t be treated like she has the Bible on marital relations!

I would think that her no longer seeing Mandy is a sign that she can be trusted.

Having (thank God!) no experience with the criminal justice system, I AM curious how even a withdrawn rape accusation can affect him later on.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Good Writing and Plot

The fact that I was furious with Sue and her husband on the second page demonstrates the quality of the writing and the thinking involved. The rape report forty years ago would have been meaningless. This case underlines the fact that you have to watch what you say if you do not wish to be in the middle of an earthquake. In the old days you needed proof, but now...

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
@sbrooks103

re: " I AM curious how even a withdrawn rape accusation can affect him later on"

The investigation leaves a record in the law enforcement official files, which will turn up in a security clearance background check (kiss that high paying job goodbye).

Or any other criminal records check, i.e. he gets stopped for speeding the cop runs his ID for what they call "wants and warrants" and presto the cop thinks he's a rapist.

Imagine the respect and consideration he is given then...........

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 7 years ago
Perfect description of the irrationality of a small but influential sect of "feminism"

Real feminism is fine, just equality and respect with women, and the same coming back. None of us is a gender, we are individuals, and should such be treated in accordance​ with our merits. A bit forced but good chapter!

pjhale121pjhale121over 6 years agoAuthor
re: Too Much Truth

Thank you for the feedback, @jharp. I also think of this as a plausible real-world scenario but I'm sorry to hear the one you are familiar with was such a negative experience for everyone involved. This is written as a fantasy that can, in the alternate universe, have a much happier and more erotic outcome. I hope you see this site, and this story in particular, as a place to spin these kinds of real-world nightmares into better fantasy-world dreams.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
page 1

Lock herself behind doors? Only time my wife locked a door on me it was the back door. Three kicks later we needed a new back door and her toe hurt where he splintering door hit her. She never did that again. Average inside door should just take one kick.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
page 2

Patient to a huge festering boil of a fault.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
The

instant the therapist is revealed as a man hating dyke, give her an ultimatum. We find a different therapist or we are done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

One of the dangers of the wife's determined control of the sex is that some husbands will only fight it for so long. They can decide (more do than you think) to invest less of themselves in the effort to get allowed sex, to make any refusal hurt less. They cut waaaay back on the attempt to guess her mood, and really cut down on trying to initate sex. They also lose enthusiasm for doing the outside things that she demands because he no longer believes that they will lead to sex. (unfortunately, some men find this liberating; finding that she has less control over his behavoir) He faps a lot.

This process causes her problems, each of which she sees as being his fault.

1. Typically, she has been controlling his behavoir using the carrot and the stick as her tools. When the carrot stops working, she finds that she has to rely more on the stick (acting very unpleasant and possibly unreasonable)

2. She finds herself going without sex. This hurts in a couple of ways. First, her sexual needs go unmet so she can find herself frustrated. Second, she may very much resent a husband who doesn't pursue her; she may in fact see this as insulting to her as a woman and as a sexual being.

She also loses respect for this lump that she married.

3. All of this can find her behaving more and more hostile to her spouse. Also she can behave even more extremely because she doesn't enjoy being a nag and a bitch and its HIS FAULT. So he just gets more of it. (please understand, he's being a spineless wimp by not fighting for his relationship, his guilt in the matter is substantial)

4. So he's miserable and she's miserable. The story can end in various ways, few of them are good.

NicealloverNicealloverover 5 years ago
Interesting story

I thought you did a good job and I’m glad you didn’t drag out Sue’s epiphany because it was so obvious she was receiving bad advice. Maybe you should have mentioned Sue’s friendship with Mandy earlier so that I could understand why she stayed so long with this failed marriage therapist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Jon is a bitch

He should have dumped the whore after she started treating him like shit

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

As soon as he realised the therapist was a man-hating feminist cunt, the husband should have demanded the wife immediately stop seeing her as a counsellor. He let a venomous snake poison his marriage and he only has himself to blame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This went on for years!!!

Before wimpy grew a spine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting

The entire counseling industry is a fraud. There is no special "science" involved, nor is there any evidence that talking to "counselors is more effective than talking to someone who is "untrained". "Counseling" is no more grounded in any sort of real science than astrology or phrenology. Moreover, it's essential emptiness lends itself to being agenda driven (like "social work" training). This is the first story I've seen here that actually takes on the shibboleth of "counseling" in an extended way.

pjhale121pjhale121about 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks for comment

Thank you for the comment, anonymous. Trying to take a new and perhaps different view point than other stories is not always appreciated. I'm glad you liked the different perspective this one attempts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 Stars

An accurate portrayal of the cancer to society that is feminism. It’s about choice but only if you do everything that feminists tell you without question. Sadly one half of the political spectrum (the left) thinks like this now. Identity politics is destroying society.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Never

I've never had marriage counseling, and if real ones are as bad as the LW variety, then I've missed nothing.

LetthatsinkinLetthatsinkinabout 3 years ago

Normal feminism is fine, but I really hate feminazis like Mandy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the real dangers, and I think Mandy knows it, of withholding sex is that a man may stop asking. Her only option for control becomes unreasonable behavior. (no more carrot, just the stick) This can actually hurt a woman's self-image, the idea that she can only run things by being a harridan. It certainly doesn't make her feel sexy.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

She took the most important step, stop taking Mandy's advice. Well done 5/5

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

The problem is women and men are different. Duh? A man wants sex, until right after he's had some. Sometimes a woman wants sex and the man doesn't or visa-versa. In our lives today as in mine for the past 89 years there are distractions and necessary chores and jobs that need to done to support the family. Every day necessities fill our brains and cloud our judgement. A breadwinner has a hard day and comes home to relax and not even thinking about sex or if he does he's too tired. Sex is physically demanding but enjoyable when your both into it. But do we talk about it? No, it's not a subject that's talked about. In our story here they are actually talking about sex and what they'll do. How many of us have ever had that kind of discussion with our mate? I certainly haven't. Never had it with the first wife and she left after 13 years. My wife of 40 years after did love sex and sometimes told me she loved it when I kissed her down there. You see in real life we can't even say the words relating to 'down there'. Sex is a very personal and intimate thing. Because of that and societal norms and moors it's a difficult subject to talk about openly. It used to be thought a woman gets married and having sex with her husband was her wifely duty, she wasn't supposed to enjoy it, it was her duty. We all know that has pretty much changed but there is still a lack of real open communication as this story points out and listening to feminist Nazis can certainly warp some ones rational judgments. Well on with the story. The first part with all the sex and domination wasn't my cup of tea and then the skip to him being charged with rape after the wonderful sex felt like something was missing in between the first and second part.

LitlboyblueLitlboyblueover 1 year ago

This Story hit to close to home, that's why I said "I liked it". My first wife pulled the same shit on me, except no police and no marriage counselor. She was having an affair behind my back at work. We ended the marriage and it hurt are 3 boys. The funny thing is, I found the women of my dreams and got married, and she knew the guy my Ex. cheated on me with. They were old friends. This guy married my Ex-wife and, I thanked him every time I saw him for breaking us apart. I am happily married for life now. PS. That guy is happily divorced now too!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No charges against the “counselor” for filing a false police report? No lawsuit against her? Don’t report her to the board for her professional misconduct?!?

So, the man who almost went to prison, and the woman who was almost a miserable single mother, are going to allow the witch to keep hurting other people?!?

Pretty shitty characters

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You know what happens when you say 'no' too many times? He stops asking.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous