All Comments on 'The Smoke of Distant Autumn Fires'

by jfremont

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
five stars

this is more than a five star story

romance at it's best

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent - Very Finely Crafted Story

You have excellent skills as a wordsmith. I really enjoyed this. Your character development, scene descriptions, and dialog all combine into a true masterpiece short story. I look forward to reading much more from you. Please keep up the good work. 5*

SirCarlSirCarlover 8 years ago
6 Stars if I could....

Very well done.

Reindeer58Reindeer58over 8 years ago
A wonderful, emotional romance

Outstanding scene crafting, character development and a great story. Thanks for sharing your talent.

huntredhuntredover 8 years ago
very good

It was unexpected when I read the first lines of the story but you definitely changed my mind. I dont know if you need appreciation or not but you rock!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Grazie Mille

Thanks a thousand. Loved it.

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10over 8 years ago
I have lived it!

I did not like the title of your story and was going to pass it by for that reason. However, I opened it up and started to read it. Except for the ending, which unfortunately mine was a little more tragic, I have lived this story. I was the type A person. I was the person intent on moving up the ladder of success in record time. I worked at it so hard, I burned out by the time I was 31 years old, and I have been sick, and depressed since that time. Tons of medication helped, but it was my wife that kept me going. Since she passed away, I have become more encapsulated than I was. Now I've read your story, and have been crying since.

litereader54litereader54over 8 years ago
Great - loved it

Very well done. Amazing writing compared to some of the crap that passes for writing on LitE! I'll continue to read the rest of your submissions. I save you as a favorite author.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Very nice!

My plans were also derailed by a beautiful girl. Thirty seven years later, we can't complain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Outstanding

Was going to pass this up then the subtitle caught my eye. So much better than some of the attempts on this site. Just one little niggle its COBOL which Ive been writting for the better part of 50 years not COBAL.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 8 years ago
Fabulous

Wow, great read. This is one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wonderful

Nothing else to say; it's just a wonderful story.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
What A Great Story*****

You touched on a lot of memories. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Smoke?

Though u r from the current generation, u still believe in love romance and belongings. That's impressive and way u described it is quite impressive too.Even in country like India one rarely found those, in Canada and USA, I just don't know. Don't take this as discriminat comment, rather I am more interested to better understand the social culture in another part of glove.

Dragonfire14Dragonfire14over 8 years ago
Oh for the days of Yesteryear!

Truly a well written story. Having grown up and been in college as an engineer at precisely that time, this story resonated well with me. It's always amazes me at how the world and we have changed in 50 years. No cell phones, no Onstar, just the helping hand of a stranger but today we would probably not be the "Good Samaritan". This story took me back not only in its content but in my memory of my own life during those years. A superb job of storytelling. Look forward to many more!

teedeedubteedeedubover 8 years ago
very nice

Thanks for sharing.

photolvrphotolvrover 8 years ago
Thank you!

A wonderful short story! One of Literotica's best!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Sigh....always one of my favorite stories

I just reread this for who knows how many times. As always I loved it as much, if not more so, as the very first time I read it. Such a lovely story. It makes you think about all the people who make both the right decision and those who make the wrong decision in their lives.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
beautiful

Very romantic.

we should all listen to our inner voice.

photolvrphotolvrover 8 years ago
Incredible!

I just reread this story for the tenth time, maybe more. It is simply incredible and exceptional! How do we measure "success"? I lived in the described simpler time, and I miss it dearly! Everyone should read this story. The last two paragraphs are the best description of love and romance that we'll ever read! A true masterpiece!

dani_lrlmdani_lrlmabout 8 years ago
I know - this was published last year.

When I read "shelter" I just had to read some more of your contributions.

I enjoyed this one so much' I just had to tell you

D.S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WONDERFUL !!

This, as are your other stories, is exceptional--you have a way of creating that is soul-binding in it's way to capture feelings and emotions.

WELL DONE,

Thanks,

Sam

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Very nice romance

He took the road to happiness and along the way a lot of other things happened.

We do not often have the guts to do this. How could I justify this to my family, to my friend or the others who may depend on me??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Awesome

No other words, simple "INCREDIBLE".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Second story of yours I've read, second story to get five stars.

Your biography doesn't indicate your sex; I'm going to guess female, not that it matters one whit. You write well, and your sense of erotic is perfectly tuned to fit your ability to place the story into an era and a location; Lake Michigan, now New England. Thank you for sharing.

Gypsy_Gypsy_almost 7 years ago
Hell yeah

One of the shortest and the best i have read here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well at least 5 stars

A couple of comments. How did Bob avoid the Military/Vietnam and there was no such thing as a credit card in 1968.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
????,

Of course there were credit cards in 1968. Marstercard and Bankamericard go back to about 1966

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Connections

The interaction between characters flowed beautifully. All the senses were so perfectly brought forward in the right moments. I cry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She’s over 60 and still has firm breasts?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous