All Comments on 'She Knows'

by NotJennifer

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Super presentation...

This plays out since the begin of time... The event(s) depicted are right on... Thanks 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is erotic ???

This is just plain sad. This is the type of woman with no self respect that you hear she committed suicide and you say why ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Its been months since she's been intimately touched or kissed?

So why is this in loving wives, since she obviously has no other man in her life? And who's watching the kids? And why was she investing so much in a married man? Does she want to destroy his marriage, take him from his wife? So she cheated with him about a year ago, a week after her wedding anniversary? Is that why she's alone now? She traded a marriage with children for a few hours with this asshole every year or so? So why will she never see him again, since she obviously wanted more of him after waiting almost a year for their next fuck?

You get the picture? Flash stories fail when they raise more questions then they answer. Or was that your goal?

Read "Scenes From A Marriage" by Ohio. That's a flash story.

P.S. What does she know?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 for content and effort

Love the story and fuck you annony!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*/4*

The best part is the sex. You get 4*s for that aspect.

The plot, the characters, the rest of it gets 1*. Don't know her or him. Don't care about these characters.

The extreme dichotomy of your post NotJennifer was surprising and not a good thing,sigh!

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Basically just a suck and fuck.

Why is this in LW's? It appears she's having an affair, but if she hasn't been touched in so long maybe she's divorced and he's the married one. It isn't really clear. Which is annoying. Not enough information in this sad tale to make it either interesting or entertaining. Even the sex was mediocre.

NotJenniferNotJenniferover 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Feedback!

I appreciate the feedback. I was really torn whether this should go under Loving Wives. Loving Wives seems to be a catch-all for the happily unfaithful, tormented unfaithful, and for a little bit of revenge porn ("I caught her and now I'm going to make her miserable!"). Since the female in this story is married and unfaithful, I threw it in this category.

That said, I realize it probably should/could be more clear that she's currently married and being unfaithful. If I revise and repost this, I'll do that.

I respectfully disagree that flash fiction doesn't leave questions -- in fact, I think that can be precisely the intent of flash fiction, to give you a little vignette that leaves you with questions that you have to answer yourself in order to finish the story. But that's preference.

Any other feedback is appreciated. I have never written a sex scene before so that's actually what I was most worried about.

Best.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
NotJennifer, may I suggest

that you don't withdraw the story and re-submit it, but use it as a starter to build upon.

It begs for a prequel or a sequel (or both) in which you could flesh out your characters. Who is she? Why is she there? How did she first meet this man? Who does she go home to? What happens when she does?

L

rjordanrjordanover 8 years ago
Nice vignette

Leaves a lot to the readers' imagination; sometimes they don't like that :)

The story wasn't intended as a documentary. It brings up more questions than it answers. That's often the most fun.

I wouldn't bother revising it. Write something new. Looking forward to it.

H. JekyllH. Jekyllover 8 years ago
Don't change it!

For goodness sake! It's ambiguity is a strength. People hereabouts want a five-parter with a Hollywood ending and everything arranged for the writer's didactic purpose (usually heading toward revenge). Don't give them that. This is slice of life. It's uncertain. It's lovely.

Kate12345675Kate12345675over 8 years ago
I'm with you

A re-write may be in order. While reading the story I could not decide if the female lead was windowed or possibly mental ill and some jack ass was taken advantage of her.

hope that helps.

WittonWittonover 8 years ago
This was the best kind of story

Several "reviewers" trashed the story because the author did not wrap the story up neatly in ribbons and bows.

The fact that she didn't - she left perceptive readers with much to think about - confirmed it as a 5 star in my opinion. The fact that the woman may be a mess psychologically is part of the story; the author has no obligation to the reader or the character to have a definitive ending, let alone a happy one.

And the sex was hot.

I hope the author puts the appropriate value on the low ratings, i.e., none. And no prequels or sequels - leave the character to her misery and the readers wanting to get more of her to their own (apparently inadequate) imaginations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So we've now seen into the mind of a disappointed cheater at...

....the end, when the fires have died in one of the pair and they are just acting out the scene.

Artful, sincere.

Thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
AND WHAT DID YOU SAY YOUR NAME WAS

or did you forget you are married. TK U MLJ LV NV

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
The only question not answered...

The only question not answered was: Why wasn't she touched by the husband anymore? This question brings attached others like; Was he a handicapped man? If he wasn't why didn't she just divorce him? So 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
My wife's lover.

Sounds just like my wife with my mate,that went on for three years until he got married again. Absolutely fantastic times enjoyed by all.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Someone

Someone or maybe both are cheating assholes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous